Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I am fortunate or unfortunate?

This is what I will do, Son Go and get marry asap. I have HDB and 2 condo you decided which one to stay but you must go and buy your HDB with your wife, I will help you with the deposit for the HDB and you pay the monthly mortgage for the unit your decided to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    This is what I will do, Son Go and get marry asap. I have HDB and 2 condo you decided which one to stay but you must go and buy your HDB with your wife, I will help you with the deposit for the HDB and you pay the monthly mortgage for the unit your decided to stay.
    what will u do if your son refuses to move out or buy HDB flat?

Get a agent do the tenancy agreement or Sell the unit he is staying.

Give him a head start, if he have no head then wish him good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i was googling for what the meaning of "ren chai liang kong" as i am chinese illiterate.
    this link came up.
    http://idobaby.com/forum/lofiversion...hp/t17704.html

Didnt know honeytrappers so well paid. Can have pleasure with business
    What is that to do with my friend's case. My friend knows her husband since Sec education, they are classmates, now they are both in their late 40's. Because of his foolish act, he lost his family, lost his wealth and even lost the China mei mei that he was eyeing on. His elder son turns against him, doesn't want to acknowledge him because he saw how his mother suffer. This China mei mei was his husband colleague, whenever his husband changed job, he would also bring this China mei mei along to work with him. Until recently, her work permit was not approved, so she had to go back to her country. In fact, she already had a boyfriend in China, she was making use of my friend's husband to help her to find job and support her living while overseas. My friend wanted to take all his possession because without money, see whether he can still flirt around or not. I think it is partly of a revenge also. Love turn to hate, sad ending.

Get a agent do the tenancy agreement or Sell the unit he is staying.
    Hi Arcachon, I agree with you (although I won't advise my kids to get married ASAP).
    I will also want my kids to get a HDB flat upon marriage.
    If the wait for new flats is too long, then perhaps get the new completed left over ones.

I have already told them that they can stay for free with me until they get married. After marriage, if they continue to stay with me, they must pay me rent and if they have kids and they need domestic help, they must pay for the domestic helper.

Ya, I think it is good to let them stand on their own foot, at least they will learn to take up responsibility. Do and plan everything for them will only cause them to take things for granted.

Haha, I also tell my son the same thing, if you want to stay in one of my condo, you must pay for the monthly mortgage, in the end, he chooses to buy his own BTO with his future wife. I will see whether he can manage the next 10 or 20% downpayment or not, if can't, I will tell him I will lent it to him first, so in future, if he got money, then pay back slowly but even if he never pay, I don't think I will force him also, sign, parent is parent, no matter how still think for the children.
    Last edited by irisng; 13-10-12 at 11:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I still think CPF has the first charge on the property. Can any one enlighten on this
    Hi Laguna, after you asked the question, I searched the CPF website and found this :

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/L...ed-One/LO2.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Property bought with CPF savings are not covered by CPF nomination.

The property of your loved one will form part of his estate upon death. The CPF savings withdrawn for the property need not be refunded to the deceased’s CPF account.

If the property of the deceased is an HDB flat, it is possible he would have been covered under the Home Protection Scheme (HPS). The Board will deal directly with the Housing Development Board (HDB) or the approved mortgagee on the settlement of HPS benefits if there is an outstanding housing loan.

A homeowner can make a Will and state who should get the property, in the event of his death. If a person dies without making a Will, he is said to have died “intestate”. The estate will be distributed according to the rules of intestacy as laid down in the Intestate Succession Act.

Click here for more information on how the property of a deceased can be distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi Laguna, after you asked the question, I searched the CPF website and found this :

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/L...ed-One/LO2.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Property bought with CPF savings are not covered by CPF nomination.

The property of your loved one will form part of his estate upon death. The CPF savings withdrawn for the property need not be refunded to the deceased’s CPF account.

If the property of the deceased is an HDB flat, it is possible he would have been covered under the Home Protection Scheme (HPS). The Board will deal directly with the Housing Development Board (HDB) or the approved mortgagee on the settlement of HPS benefits if there is an outstanding housing loan.

A homeowner can make a Will and state who should get the property, in the event of his death. If a person dies without making a Will, he is said to have died “intestate”. The estate will be distributed according to the rules of intestacy as laid down in the Intestate Succession Act.

Click here for more information on how the property of a deceased can be distributed.
    thanks
    this refers to deceased...but not the divorce case....

thanks
    this refers to deceased...but not the divorce case....
    The proceed of sale (of a fully paid property) refunds firstly whatever taken out from CPF, plus interest.

Just back, realised that I have so much to read about!

I recalled what I had done in the past 12 months,

I am fortunate that I bot before ABSD
    I am fortunate that I cash out before CM6

I am unfortunate that did not buy more, be it FV, eCO many many before all the CMs

and conclusion...I cannot buy anymore under my/my spouse's names and can only buy under my children's names...so that is fortunate or unfortunate?
    As long as you're able to post in this this forum, you are fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    As long as you're able to post in this this forum, you are fortunate.
    人生根本就无常
    生在福中该知福
    珍惜眼前人和物
    谁知明日花何处

How true that is, I can't agree more
    人生根本就无常
    生在福中该知福
    珍惜眼前人和物
    谁知明日花何处

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    How true that is, I can't agree more
    sori, that is agree or not agree?
    I have very low IQ

I have very low IQ
    Cant agree more means max max liao agree to max limit

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Cant agree more means max max liao agree to max limit
    I see, pardon me getting old lah with lowering IQ alr.
    It is fun to write some small poems here and there in my FB and here...

Bro, it means totally agree
    I have very low IQ