Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: BOND THREAD

That's why I do my own investing. My RM ask me for advise. Hahaha.

She also scared I go private and say bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    The line dividing investment and gambling can be very thin. U don't become a professional investor (aka hardcore gambler) overnight. They lure u in step by step. First by letting u play with low risk/low return instruments such as dual currency, blue chip bond. As your risk appetite increases, then one day u find a letter in your mailbox from the bank to fill out a form to increase your risk profile. And the rest is history. The bank nowadays happy to pay for billions of dollars in fine for misleading customers into risky investment. No mystery where that money coming from after I read some postings in this forum thread.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    That's why I do my own investing. My RM ask me for advise. Hahaha.

She also scared I go private and say bye bye.
    that is why we need people like cbsh38584, you, focus, and ghost bro.
    I think collectively, we have lots of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    that is why we need people like cbsh38584, you, focus, and ghost bro.
    I think collectively, we have lots of wisdom
    the power of internet, open source & collaboration !

i learn alot through alot of users opinions & advice. Thus been more vigilant in whatever i do..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    The line dividing investment and gambling can be very thin. U don't become a professional investor (aka hardcore gambler) overnight. They lure u in step by step. First by letting u play with low risk/low return instruments such as dual currency, blue chip bond. As your risk appetite increases, then one day u find a letter in your mailbox from the bank to fill out a form to increase your risk profile. And the rest is history. The bank nowadays happy to pay for billions of dollars in fine for misleading customers into risky investment. No mystery where that money coming from after I read some postings in this forum thread.
    good post, bro!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    good post, bro!
    Hi Roly
    you have been very active, but I cannot recollect much about u
    would u mind to share what you have....and your view
    TQ

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Too risky for me. I stay w prop n gold. Wish u success.
    I have attended Richard Duncan seminar in early 2011. The author of "DOLLARS CRSIS & latest book , "THE NEW depression". He told the audenice that it is safe to invest before 2015. After 2015, there are many unknown.

After the seminar, I bought his latest book & he signed on it. I asked him again. "It is safe" or "SHOULD be safe". He replied again. It is safe. Go ahead to invest. So I trust him 70%. I agressively buy more bond, not stock through leveraging.

I bought Physical gold (100g 999) from Maxi-cash. No GST. Will continue to buy the nextt 100g when I receive the next coupon payout .

rdgs,
    Vic

Hi Roly
    you have been very active, but I cannot recollect much about u
    would u mind to share what you have....and your view
    TQ
    me not holding any bond or property ..

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    I bought Physical gold (100g 999) from Maxi-cash. No GST. Will continue to buy the nextt 100g when I receive the next coupon payout .

rdgs,
    Vic
    are you going to hold onto the physical gold for long term?

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    me not holding any bond or property ..

are you going to hold onto the physical gold for long term?
    I was holiday in Vietnam. The tour guide told me that they believe only in physical GOLD. The indian in India believe in physical GOLD. I will keep long term. Will slowly add more pure phyiscal gold. I hv other gold (916) jewelry. Thought of going to UOB to buy GOLD coin. Do they still hv 7% GST ?

If I buy gold from HK & bring back to SG. Must I delcare to pay GST ?

rdgs,
    Vic

today SSE up 2.8%
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Thought of going to UOB to buy GOLD coin. Do they still hv 7% GST ?

rdgs,
    Vic
    uob have remove the gst for gold recently.

not sure about bringing gold from hk to sg.. you might get tax..

most important thing is, how do you want to protect these physical gold?

safe to put in your house?

Bro, ur maxi-cash gold bar is it cheaper or same price as UOB?
    since oct uob no GST already

Originally Posted by cbsh38584

I was holiday in Vietnam. The tour guide told me that they believe only in physical GOLD. The indian in India believe in physical GOLD. I will keep long term. Will slowly add more pure phyiscal gold. I hv other gold (916) jewelry. Thought of going to UOB to buy GOLD coin. Do they still hv 7% GST ?

rdgs,
    Vic
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    Bro, ur maxi-cash gold bar is it cheaper or same price as UOB?
    since oct uob no GST already

Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    It is definitely cheaper than POH HENG Jewellery shop.
    Maxi-Cash (7.75k) Vs POH Heng (8.3k). Have not to gone to UOB gold counter for many year.

rdgs,
    Vic

If u bring back and customers ask u anything to declare, please say yes... If not, u will pay more than the gst.

rdgs,
    Vic

FYI bro
    https://uniservices1.uobgroup.com/se...ver_prices.jsp

They update everyday since OCT this year no GST

Maxi-Cash (7.75k) Vs POH Heng (8.3k). Have not to gone to UOB gold counter for many year.

rdgs,
    Vic
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    FYI bro
    https://uniservices1.uobgroup.com/se...ver_prices.jsp

They update everyday since OCT this year no GST

Thank for your info. Will find time to visit UOB gold counter with my wife.

rdgs,
    Vic

Thank for your info. Will find time to visit UOB gold counter with my wife.

rdgs,
    Vic
    I tot gold wld hit $2000, but it stayed ard $1700+. I dun think it has e capacity to go up unless there is a run on phy gold. I suspect demand is manipulated by gold certs.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I tot gold wld hit $2000, but it stayed ard $1700+. I dun think it has e capacity to go up unless there is a run on phy gold. I suspect demand is manipulated by gold certs.
    the last round it hit near 2k, it was expected to go up to 3k. there are some gold bulls out there. for short term speculation, i will go for ETF or paper. long term preservation nothing beats the real thing from UOB or gold mints.

Just came across this on Olam.
    Don't understand but for the reading pleasure of those who understand .

http://sbr.com.sg/food-beverage/news...its-main-board
    SGX has 3 conditions for approving Olam's US$750 bonds issue

No pain, no gain.
    According to a statement, Olam International Limited refers to its announcement dated 3 December 2012 in connection with its proposed renounceable underwritten rights issue of US$750 million in principal amount of 6.75% bonds due 2018, in the denomination of US$1.00 for each Bond, with 387,365,0791 free detachable warrants, each Warrant carrying the right to subscribe for one new ordinary share in the capital of the Company at an exercise price of US$1.291 for each New Share, on the basis of 313 Bonds of principal amount of US$1.00 each with 162 Warrants for every 1,000 existing ordinary shares in the capital of the Company held by the Entitled Shareholders, which for the avoidance of doubt excludes treasury Shares held by the Company, as at a books closure date to be determined by the Directors, fractional entitlements to be disregarded.
    Unless otherwise defined, all capitalised terms used in this announcement shall bear the same meanings as in the Rights Issue Announcement.

Approval In-principle from the SGX-ST
    Further to the Rights Issue Announcement, the Board wishes to announce that the SGX-ST had on 14 December 2012 granted in-principle approval (the "Approval In-Principle") for the dealing in, listing of and quotation for the Bonds, the Warrants and the New Shares on the Main Board of the SGX-ST, subject to, inter alia, the following conditions:

(a) compliance with the continuing listing requirements of the SGX-ST;

(b) independent Shareholders’ approval being obtained for the payment of sub-underwriting commission by Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited, DBS Bank Ltd., The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch and J.P. Morgan (S.E.A.) Limited (the "Joint Lead Managers") to Aranda. In the event that Shareholders’ approval is not obtained, submission of undertakings from the Joint Lead Managers and Aranda to the SGX-ST, to the effect that no sub-underwriting fees or commission will be paid to Aranda, directly or indirectly, in any form;

(c) submission of a written undertaking from the Company that it will comply with Rule 815 of the SGX-ST Listing Manual in relation to the announcement of any significant disbursement of proceeds raised from the Rights issue

rdgs,
    Vic

unlikely cheaper than UOB. Reason maxi cash can say no GST is becoz their gold price is base on gold smith price.

When was the purchase? if its bought base on current spot price. 100g = $6810.

So to me the GST is build into their price. Go buy from UOB better. there are on question on authenticity. And if u dont break the seal UOB will buy back from u without much issue. since u bought from them.

u get from pawn shop 10yrs later u want to sell if pawn shop not around? u need to go bank and some might want to charge u cost of authenticity of the 100g bar.

rdgs,
    Vic
    for investment stick to gold bullions or Gold certs. jewelry are not good investment. Coz there are high workmanship markup.

Talking about maxi- cash and pawn shops.
    I see pawn shops selling second hand jewellery.
    Has anyone bought gold and jewellery from them?
    Is it worth while to get from pawn shops?
    How much cheaper is it and how can we be sure it is genuine?
    Also can we bargain?
    TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Talking about maxi- cash and pawn shops.
    I see pawn shops selling second hand jewellery.
    Has anyone bought gold and jewellery from them?
    Is it worth while to get from pawn shops?
    How much cheaper is it and how can we be sure it is genuine?
    Also can we bargain?
    TIA.

price wont be much lower from bank. Go with direct from bank no authenticy question. also u must consider sell back. bank will buy back if u have a record from them.

check out

https://www.silverbullion.com.sg/Bro...s.aspx?DepID=3

their price now close to UOB. if u looking at also getting some diff design bullions. from aus or us or canada etc

but remember the buy back. u might want to give uob a call if they buy back gold at spot if u never buy from them.

For the silverbullion guys they buy back at a diff price (lower) if u dont buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    price wont be much lower from bank. Go with direct from bank no authenticy question. also u must consider sell back. bank will buy back if u have a record from them.
    Thanks, that's what I tot so too.
    If price not much difference then bank is definitely more trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Thanks, that's what I tot so too.
    If price not much difference then bank is definitely more trusted.

want cheaper buy from local sellers. ( but not much cheaper).. but I dont like the risk. In the past this was appealing coz gST. now no GST. go for the banks or bullion sellers.

http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/

u can find many pple trading it.

want cheaper buy from local sellers. ( but not much cheaper).. but I dont like the risk. In the past this was appealing coz gST. now no GST. go for the banks or bullion sellers.

http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/

u can find many pple trading it.
    Wow, another interesting forum!
    Thanks.
    I will browse through it slowly .

unlikely cheaper than UOB. Reason maxi cash can say no GST is becoz their gold price is base on gold smith price.

When was the purchase? if its bought base on current spot price. 100g = $6810.

So to me the GST is build into their price. Go buy from UOB better. there are on question on authenticity. And if u dont break the seal UOB will buy back from u without much issue. since u bought from them.

u get from pawn shop 10yrs later u want to sell if pawn shop not around? u need to go bank and some might want to charge u cost of authenticity of the 100g bar.
    Thank for your info.
    Will definitely take action to ask more info from UOB & buy from them. No more buying gold from goldsmith.

rdgs,
    Vic

Thank for your info.
    Will definitely take action to ask more info from UOB & buy from them. No more buying gold from goldsmith.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Ooops, going to check my safe deposit box and see how much I have there and sell to u....

Ooops, going to check my safe deposit box and see how much I have there and sell to u....
    quite likely whatever u have there, sure make money. i have been accummulating gold and silver coins for a long time now.

I do have > 1kg of jewellery (916). Part of it is from 2001 which I bought 1kg of gold bar @ S$16k plus. Get my friend (own goldsmith shop) to melt it & make into gold chain & other design. He brought me to his gold bar supplier @ Ubi industrial park which is quite surprising to buy at this location. Security is very tight. Now he is not longer in this trade as his family goldsmith has closed down.

Right now, I want to buy pure gold (999.9) to hedge against the breakdown of paper money economy in the foreseeable future (8-10 ys ?). Hope it will not. I did visit UOB gold many times year ago. But No action taken due to GST .

rdgs,
    Vic

Right now, I want to buy pure gold (999.9) to hedge against the breakdown of paper money economy in the foreseeable future (8-10 ys ?). Hope it will not. I did visit UOB gold many times year ago. But No action taken due to GST .

rdgs,
    Vic
    i have friends who have been accummulating gold for many years now. i just buy abit because there are other priorities. however, the rule is usually 10-30% of your portfolio in gold, not too much, because it is not meant to be a money making tool.