Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ... 152025303540414243444546474849505560657075 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2656

Thread: BOND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I have seen quite a few colleagues retire. Honestly, they look in worse shape after they retired (visibly aged) compared to when still working. I wonder if "retirement" will be a let down when it finally comes. Anyway, there is a shortage of people in my line of work. I think I will work till the official retirement age of 62. Can still take leave to travel/play golf/ski or whatever. 30 days paid leave is enuff for me.
    I agree with you.
    When we are working, we look forward to retirement.
    Initially retirement is fun, after that it becomes boring and stagnant and the mind starts to generate.

I would rather continue working as long as I can, not so much for the love of the job, but to keep up with times and to maintain a sound and active mind.

When one find one's job monotonous, or if one's boss is over bearing, and especially there is no better alternative, then the job becomes a drag.

Just FYI
    =====
    China Oriental group USD bond 8% Due 18th Aug 2015.
    Chinese integrated iron & steel manufacturer, 47%-owned by ArcelorMittal

Investor Breakdown : Fund mgr bought 68%, Retail investors 14%, Bank 10% and Pension & insurance companies 8%.

Moody rating : Ba3
    price to buy : around 97-98 (YTM est 9%).
    Risk : High

rdgs,
    Vic

Default SPH Reit files prospectus with MAS, aims to raise up to $554m

Media group Singapore Press Holdings took another step closer to the public listing of its real estate investment trust (Reit) on Tuesday, when it filed a key document with detailed company information for prospective shareholders.

The Reit's preliminary prospectus was lodged with the Monetary Authority of Singapore, ending speculation over the timing of the listing.

The listing will hope to raise between $523 million and $554 million, with an offer of 308.88 million units at between 85 to 90 cents each.

SPH will be injecting its retail malls, including the upmarket Paragon, into the billion-dollar Reit. Under the deal, SPH will sell Paragon and Clementi Mall to the Reit for $2.5 billion and $570.5 million respectively.

Anyone going for this?

I got the placement invitation from DBS today. Will skip the placement tranche, but I personally feel that the downside is (very?) limited, so might just apply at the public tranche for some petrol money...

OUE Reit draft prospectus also out. Expected slightly more than 7% yield.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Media group Singapore Press Holdings took another step closer to the public listing of its real estate investment trust (Reit) on Tuesday, when it filed a key document with detailed company information for prospective shareholders.

The Reit's preliminary prospectus was lodged with the Monetary Authority of Singapore, ending speculation over the timing of the listing.

The listing will hope to raise between $523 million and $554 million, with an offer of 308.88 million units at between 85 to 90 cents each.

SPH will be injecting its retail malls, including the upmarket Paragon, into the billion-dollar Reit. Under the deal, SPH will sell Paragon and Clementi Mall to the Reit for $2.5 billion and $570.5 million respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    I agree with you.
    When we are working, we look forward to retirement.
    Initially retirement is fun, after that it becomes boring and stagnant and the mind starts to generate.

I would rather continue working as long as I can, not so much for the love of the job, but to keep up with times and to maintain a sound and active mind.

When one find one's job monotonous, or if one's boss is over bearing, and especially there is no better alternative, then the job becomes a drag.
    an idle mind is the devils workshop

so better to be poor and work for a living and survival than to be rich and floating in money and thinking of all kind of nonsense things to do
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    cbsh38584

on the topic of UL.

AIA guarantees 4% for 7 years. break-even is about 10 years or so....

After 7 years, they have certain projections... If the bonus drops to 2%(it is not guaranteed after 7 years)... your cash value will start to fall....

So do monitor after 7 years.... though unlikely it will fall so low....

Cheers
    I came to know today that AIA is offering a promotion for UL plan just last week. AIA guarantees 4.2% for 7 yrs ( it was 4%).
    U must complete your medical check b4 30th Aug13.

rdgs,
    Vic

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    Anyone going for this?

I got the placement invitation from DBS today. Will skip the placement tranche, but I personally feel that the downside is (very?) limited, so might just apply at the public tranche for some petrol money...

buy OUE better ... they will be cash rich after this execise...if i not wrong they will take back 1.4 billion once they sold mandarin hotel + gallery...they will utlise 750mil out of this 1.4billion to pay down debts...the rest will be paid special dividend....they have so many other assets(prime) on their balance sheet waiting to be unlocked... OUE has more upside than the REIT itself

Roger TS! Hope you have been well!

Are you still active in the other forum? :0)

Quote Originally Posted by toiletsiao
    buy OUE better ... they will be cash rich after this execise...if i not wrong they will take back 1.4 billion once they sold mandarin hotel + gallery...they will utlise 750mil out of this 1.4billion to pay down debts...the rest will be paid special dividend....they have so many other assets(prime) on their balance sheet waiting to be unlocked... OUE has more upside than the REIT itself

Roger TS! Hope you have been well!

Are you still active in the other forum? :0)
    yes i am lol

Quote Originally Posted by toiletsiao
    yes i am lol
    Hello toilet

Is it a good time to buy OUE tomorrow or wait a few more days first?. Tks

10y UST at 2.5pc will be the new normal till Dow up another 10pc
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    Hello toilet

Is it a good time to buy OUE tomorrow or wait a few more days first?. Tks
    U have until August to buy... Good luck...

TRIKOMSEL
    A leading retailer & distributor of mobile phone handsets & mobile services products in Indonesia, with an estimated market share of 30%.

The company is around 78.6% owned by its CEO & President Director Sugiono Wiyono Sugialam and 13.5% by Std Chartered Private Equity.

It is listed on the Jakarta Stock Exchange and has a market
    capitalization of close to USD 750 m.

5.25% Trikomsel 2016
    ISIN SG55I2992272
    Rating N/A
    LTV 70%
    Indic offer 98.00 (Low @96 to buy on 28th June13)
    Indic YTM 6.00

rdgs,
    Vic[/quote]

Just Bought Trikomsel SGD Bond 5.25% Due 2016 @97, YTM6.4%. To replace my Petra food 2017 SGD 5% bond which will redeem@103 early Mid Aug 2013. I will hold this short dated bond till maturity in 2016

rdgs,
    Vic

First issuance yesterday:

Issuer
    United Overseas Bank Limited
    Description:
    Subordinated, unsecured, non-cumulative, non-convertible perpetual capital securities
    Issuer Ratings:
    Aa1 (Moody's) / AA- (S&P) / AA- (Fitch) (All Stable)
    EXPECTED ISSUE RATINGS:
    Baa1 (Moody's) / BBB (Fitch)
    REGULATORY TREATMENT:
    Intended to qualify as Additional Tier 1 capital of the Issuer
    ISSUE SIZE:
    SGD Benchmark
    Format
    Registered
    Tenure
    PERPETUAL NC5
    Payment
    Semi-annual, actual/365 (fixed)
    INITIAL GUIDANCE:
    5% area
    Price
    TBD
    Issue Date:
    TBD
    DISTRIBUTION PAYMENT:
    Fixed rate, payable semi-annual in arrear, fully discretionary, on a non-cumulative basis
    RESET MECHANISM:
    If not called by the Issuer, the Fixed Distribution resets at the first call date and every 5-years thereafter at the prevailing 5-year SGD SOR plus the initial margin with no step-up
    DIVIDEND STOPPER :
    Permitted
    LOSS ABSORPTION EVENT:
    Earlier of the regulator notifying the Issuer in writing(i) that a write-off is necessary or (ii) of its decision to make a public injection of capital or equivalent support, (in each case) without which the Issuer would become non-viable
    WRITE DOWN (PARTIAL ALLOWED):
    (i) Upon occurrence of a Loss Absorption Event, cancellation of the accrued distributions and if insufficient, permanent writedown (partial or in full) of the prevailing principal amount
    (ii) Write-down amount is ascertained by Issuer (and the Regulator is satisfied) suchthat the amount written-off will be sufficient to ensure that the Issuer ceases to be non-viable
    (iii) Write-down pro rata with Parity Tier 1 instruments that include loss absorption features
    ISSUER REDEMPTION:
    At first call date, 23 July 2018, and any distribution payment date thereafter, subject to regulatory approval
    EARLY REDEMPTION:
    Upon occurrence of Change of Qualification or Taxation Events, subject to regulatory approval
    TERMS:
    SGX-ST listing, CDP clearing, SGD 250k denoms, Singapore Law
    SELLING RESTRICTIONS:
    Reg S, S274/275 SFA
    USE OF PROCEEDS:
    Intended to allow redemption of the existing Class E Preference Shares, subject to regulatory approval
    EXPECTED TIMING:
    As early as today
    JOINT BOOKS:
    UOB / ANZ / HSBC / NOMURA / SCB (B&D) / UBS

Second issuance yesterday:

ISSUER:
    Aspial Corporation Limited
    Direct, unconditional, unsubordinated and unsecured Notes
    Rating:
    Unrated
    Format:
    Reg S, S274 & 275 of Singapore SFA
    Initial Guidance:
    4.75%-5.25% area
    Tenure:
    3 Years
    Issue Size:
    TBD
    Issue Price:
    TBD
    Issue Date:
    TBD
    Maturity Date:
    TBD
    Payment:
    Semi-annual, actual/365 (fixed)
    Details:
    SGD250K/Multicurrency MTN Programme/Singapore Law/CDP
    Listing:
    SGX-ST
    Sole Bookrunner:
    DBS
    TIMING:
    This week's business
    RISK RATING:
    P4 (P1 to P5, P5 being the highest)

bro, i dun understand why u skip the placement (which could get u more shares)
    and then apply for the public tranche later?

Anyone going for this?

LOSS ABSORPTION EVENT:
    Earlier of the regulator notifying the Issuer in writing(i) that a write-off is necessary or (ii) of its decision to make a public injection of capital or equivalent support, (in each case) without which the Issuer would become non-viable
    WRITE DOWN (PARTIAL ALLOWED):
    (i) Upon occurrence of a Loss Absorption Event, cancellation of the accrued distributions and if insufficient, permanent writedown (partial or in full) of the prevailing principal amount
    (ii) Write-down amount is ascertained by Issuer (and the Regulator is satisfied) suchthat the amount written-off will be sufficient to ensure that the Issuer ceases to be non-viable
    (iii) Write-down pro rata with Parity Tier 1 instruments that include loss absorption features
    I hope every one really understands what this is , even those seasoned ones.
    This means this Tier 1 might be ranked even lower than common stock.
    And in the event of loss or ratio breach, you are going to take a hit on the notional itself !
    This is something very "unconventional". Be warned.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    And in the event of loss or ratio breach, you are going to take a hit on the notional itself !
    You are very knowledgeable. SC says OK. CS says not OK. Maybe that it why it don't allow it to be traded in SGX for retailer to buy small amt. Only priorities or private banking clients min S$250k. The risks of a write down is very slim for SG banks but not 100% guarantee.

rdgs,
    Vic

i shall hold back any comments on the weeeeeeeeeeees.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    The risks of a write down is very slim for SG banks but not 100% guarantee.

rdgs,
    Vic
    The point I want to highlight is, a usual "pref share" never has a possibility of having its notional taking a haircut. During crisis, a bond can be traded way below par, but at least officially it is fully 100, and if you hold on to it, when market recovers, it maintains 100. For this one, it means issuer has a right to take a haircut on the par value at many possible situations : 1) if bank wants a capital injection/increase, 2) if a write down of some assets are required (e.g. Some investment went bad and by regulator it must be written off the book), 3) new Basel whatever rule says ratio must be over x% and it falls below, instead of raising more capital it can just take a hit on this; 4) and other possibilities. It does not mean the bank needs to be in really bad shape. I leave this to your imaginations of the possibilities it can use this right.

This is not conventional. This bond is explicitly designed to skirt the regulatory requirement the bank might face, and pass on all the risks to the buyer. As this whole regulatory game is just beginning, even seasoned investors, or some fresh analysts do not understand the risk in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i shall hold back any comments on the weeeeeeeeeeees.
    You have to admit their timing is uncanningly good (in their favour). This "unconventional" Perp bond was actually a sell-out in short space of time. Immediately after they closed the book, it was announced that Moody's had downgraded Singapore banks. So they got this through by the skin of their teeth.

The point I want to highlight is, a usual "pref share" never has a possibility of having its notional taking a haircut. During crisis, a bond can be traded way below par, but at least officially it is fully 100, and if you hold on to it, when market recovers, it maintains 100. For this one, it means issuer has a right to take a haircut on the par value at many possible situations : 1) if bank wants a capital injection/increase, 2) if a write down of some assets are required (e.g. Some investment went bad and by regulator it must be written off the book), 3) new Basel whatever rule says ratio must be over x% and it falls below, instead of raising more capital it can just take a hit on this; 4) and other possibilities. It does not mean the bank needs to be in really bad shape. I leave this to your imaginations of the possibilities it can use this right.

This is not conventional. This bond is explicitly designed to skirt the regulatory requirement the bank might face, and pass on all the risks to the buyer. As this whole regulatory game is just beginning, even seasoned investors, or some fresh analysts do not understand the risk in it.
    Thank for your input. My banker did not explain in detail what U hv written. I did not go for it. I prefer short dated bond now.

rdgs,
    Vic

I read some Chinese bonds have the "loss absorption event" clause also ... is this something new out to con the bond investors after Cyprus?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Maybe flawed logic, but for those IPOs which I'm not confident has significant upside, I'll usually pass on the placement because:
    a. the 1% comm payable to the bank eats into the stag margin; and
    b. I can see how over-subscribed the placement is before deciding whether to whack the public offer.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    bro, i dun understand why u skip the placement (which could get u more shares)
    and then apply for the public tranche later?

Thanks for the explanation. Now I know why it was rated P5 (out of 5) by DBS in terms of risk / investor sophistication requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I read some Chinese bonds have the "loss absorption event" clause also ... is this something new out to con the bond investors after Cyprus?
    Quite new, but not because of Cyprus. This is exclusively to banks, and new Basel rules. A lot of changes on treatments on prep shares lead to different classification of capital to which Tier. As a result banks are getting creative ( they are always creative) and created this "loss absorbing" bonds. We even have a name for it. search "Barclays CoCo". At least for that one they pay 7.x%.

Every instrument has a fair price. I'm not saying this instrument is out to con. I'm saying this instrument should pay more.

( non banks issuing this kind of CoCo bond will be worse. At least for banks there are some rules you can see and judge, no matter how you skirt the rule. )

Moneymax IPO bookbuildng ongoing:

Listing Status: Catalist

Issue Size: 53,800,000 new shares, Comprising;
    - 51,300,000 placement
    - 500,000 reserve
    - 2,000,000 ATM

Issue Price: S$0.30 (tentative)

Enlarged Share Cap: 353,800,000

PER FY12: 18.2x (fully diluted)

Market Cap: S$106.14m

Oxley bond re-tapped today:

Issuer
    Oxley Holdings Limited
    Status
    Senior, unsecured
    Rating
    Unrated
    Format
    Off Issuer's SGD300Million Multicurrency Medium Term Note Programme
    Tenure
    5NC3
    Issue Size
    TBD
    Coupon for first 3 years :
    4.75% p.a fixed s/a, act/365
    Step-up Coupon for 4th and 5th year :
    6.75% p.a. fixed s/a, act/365
    Settlement Date:
    25 July 2013
    First Call Date:
    11 July 2016
    Maturity Date
    11 July 2018
    Reopening Price
    100.00% plus accrued interest since 11 July 2013
    Financial Covenants:
    (i)Consol. Tangible Net Worth ≥S$175mil (until 31 Dec 2015) and ≥S$225mil (from 1 Jan 2016 onwards); and
    (ii) (ii) Consol. Total Borrowings / Consol. Total Assets ≤0.75x (until 30 Jun 2016) and ≤0.70x (from 1 Jul 2016 onwards)
    Div. Payout Restriction:
    Cash dividend payout ratio cannot exceed 25% of Consolidated EBITDA if the Debt/Equity Ratio is more than 4.0 times
    Denomination:
    SGD250K
    Listing
    SGX-ST / CDP
    Governing Law:
    Singapore Law/ Sections 274 and /or 275 of the Singapore SFA
    Sole Bookrunner
    UOB
    Timing
    As early as today
    Product risk rating
    P4 (Sophisticated) ( 1 to 5, 5 being the highest)

** Oxley Reopening SGD 4.75% 5NC3 Notes due 11 July 2018 – Update #1 **

- Oxley announced the reopening of the existing 4.75% 5NC3 Fixed Rate Notes due 11 July 2018 on the back of reverse enquiry
    - Reopening price at 100.00% plus accrued interest since 11 July 2013

Quite new, but not because of Cyprus. This is exclusively to banks, and new Basel rules. A lot of changes on treatments on prep shares lead to different classification of capital to which Tier. As a result banks are getting creative ( they are always creative) and created this "loss absorbing" bonds. We even have a name for it. search "Barclays CoCo". At least for that one they pay 7.x%.

Every instrument has a fair price. I'm not saying this instrument is out to con. I'm saying this instrument should pay more.

( non banks issuing this kind of CoCo bond will be worse. At least for banks there are some rules you can see and judge, no matter how you skirt the rule. )
    That's why I said the weeee's timing is good on their bond. If they issue now (after Moody's downgrading), their bond will have to pay more.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    Thank for your input. My banker did not explain in detail what U hv written. I did not go for it. I prefer short dated bond now.

rdgs,
    Vic
    UOB 4.9% perp $1.004 transacted
    make kopi $ nia