Page 4 of 511 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: BOND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    yaya. promised promised..u also don't talk about me!!! deal done...

I see that ur preserving your wealth very well, getting a rate of about 1-3% above inflation.

From an another angle, ur not growing your wealthy that greatly if u did not use leverage to your advantage, be it in property or bond etc.

A prudent investor is to take calculated risk and is not NOT to take risk.
    Yes. That's why i say i am too conservative. very underleveraged.
    I missed the boat for properties.. If only I met you earlier like in 2009! I might have gotten some wisdom to buy and maybe will have LEVELED Up by now..

So now I also dare not buy but you keep buying.. lol.. are we two opposite extremes?

So now must meet more mentors .. this thread is a good start since the poster "cbs#&$#&*&$" did an excellent summary of how he leverage up his cash for 50% LTV and get $180k.. But in the back of my mind, it's still the risk i'm scared of.. Properties on leverage somehow makes me feel safer though the calculation does not work out.

Your properties are mainly for capital gain right? The bonds are the passive income you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Yes. That's why i say i am too conservative. very underleveraged.
    I missed the boat for properties.. If only I met you earlier like in 2009! I might have gotten some wisdom to buy and maybe will have LEVELED Up by now..

So now I also dare not buy but you keep buying.. lol.. are we two opposite extremes?

So now must meet more mentors .. this thread is a good start since the poster "cbs#&$#&*&$" did an excellent summary of how he leverage up his cash for 50% LTV and get $180k.. But in the back of my mind, it's still the risk i'm scared of.. Properties on leverage somehow makes me feel safer though the calculation does not work out.

Your properties are mainly for capital gain right? The bonds are the passive income you are using.

It is never too late to start. But overall, u have done very well compared to a lot of others...
    I suppose ur now a very busy daddy...enjoy the baby first....

I like this topic

OLAM 10y 6.1% doing now, anyone keen ?

Leveraged bond compared with leveraged pty, for yield definitely bond if you have access. Pty I always said is for capital gain not for yield. When a prolonged 2009 case comes, pty prices collapse faster than bond prices, the latter at least are liquid.

Bro, wa lau, you already answer everything on bonds already. You invest in bonds more than me.

You see, the leverage game is a double edged sword and u need to know how to manage it.

Remember 2008/9, the stock market got hamtam, even if you don't leverage, you may get jam. Stocks like Keppel Land, DBS, etc... Were doing rights issue. You don't take their rights, u also jialat. You take their rights you Need to come out almost equivalent stock price at the point of rights issue. This stunt got a lot of people into trouble. That was when cash was king.

So in any instruments you go in, you must do it w knowledge of past.

Just curious, why did u not go into properties?

I believe going into a fixed income bond fund maybe a good optiion. Its liquid and provides diversification. You can leverage up too to improve the yield. But the fall back is the high cost involved. As someone has said earlier on the sales fee can be exorbitant ~ 2 to 3 pct on the purchase value. However, should the NAV goes up the amount can be recovered though this a risk you have to take. Also not sure though whether this is a good time to go into a bond fund. The fear is bond fund may now be too high with interest rate having bottomed for quite a while already. Can anybody advise?