Page 519 of 519 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519
Results 2,591 to 2,595 of 2595

Thread: BOND THREAD

Wow, like that property is it going to crash next or Bullllllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Wow, like that property is it going to crash next or Bullllllllll.
    The housing mortgage loan borrowing rate is quite different from Bond borrowing rate.
    My mortgage loan rate is 1% (next yr 1.4%) while my bond SG borrowing rate is 2.15% .
    USD is 2.25% (2017).

As long as property investors with a stable job are not over leverage on the ppty with some buffer cash to cater for any unforseen circumstance like job loss, major illness etc. They should be ok. Marginal ppty investors should stay out from huge investment such as ppty which must have long term holding power.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    The housing mortgage loan borrowing rate is quite different from Bond borrowing rate.
    My mortgage loan rate is 1% (next yr 1.4%) while my bond SG borrowing rate is 2.15% .
    USD is 2.25% (2017).

As long as property investors with a stable job are not over leverage on the ppty with some buffer cash to cater for any unforseen circumstance like job loss, major illness etc. They should be ok. Marginal ppty investors should stay out from huge investment such as ppty which must have long term holding power.
    I was having my lunch when I overheard a group of unlces (age 65 to 75) talking about old condo. One more experience uncle
    said that never in his 30 yrs as a ppty investor the old condos were enbloc at such a large scale at such a short period of time.
    The govt only just give a warning of potential ppty investor not to over leverage. This is a move by the govt to create continous economy growth till 2020 to 2021 to be ready for the next election & hopefully PAP has a good election result by then. Most of the old condo which got the potential to be enboc. The price has moved up by > 20% since 2016.

Experience uncle said
    ==============
    Old condo mandrain garden at east coast was selling @ $1.4m in 2016. It was transacted @ $1.7m in 2017. He said Laguna park should be successfully enbloc by this year. Netpune court will take about 3 yrs to get it enbloc. There are 9 potential old condo to be enbloc in east coast area. He rest assured his friend that his leasehold ppty (cant rent out) which he intended to sell at $1.2m (bought @$1.1m+) should not be a problem in the next coming 6-12 mths.

I went twice to Ocean park condo (2000pfs @$2.1m to $2.2m) to view with my friend. I tell him just buy & keep it as he got tons of cash avail but did not buy as he is not prepared to pay extra ABSD 7%. I told to my wife about buying Ocean park condo but she is totally not interested at all as it is too old & ugly. Now there is no seller at all.

My other friend was hestiating in offering (@$1.8m to $1.9m) the very run down old condo around Thomson area just early 2017. He regetted as the owner now asking price is $2.5m to $2.6m. His younger brother has a high paid job (for 20 yrs) & still single (40+). I whatapp him a few D15 ppty to buy in the last few years.Still does not want to buy a private ppty to invest or stay. He even went to view the Rivergate (selling @ 1400psf) with my friend during the 2009 crisis. He did not buy. Now living with his father in a 3rm HDB flat.

My lady friend bought 2 units at laguna park (ave $1.3m+) just a few year back as there is a high potential enbloc. One of the unit is under her old father name (escape the 7% ABSD) which she paid in full cash. It was rented out .She will likely to make >$2m if it get enbloc. Again my wife is totally not interested at all.

I have applied for the Chip eng seng bond IPO (4.75% due 2020 & 4.9% due 2022) but did not get it. I will buy if it drop close to 100.

Vic,
    you are already so good in bond and other financial instruments investment. dont come and invest in properties lar.. give people like us a chance lar.. LOL.

Appreciate any comment on Hyflux 6% CPS# and Hyflux 6% PerCapSec#. Can buy? If yes, which is better?