Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: BOND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by price
    thanks! i been going to 1 around siglap, Javanese type. you?
    Me too, but not very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I will PM u tomorrow.

I have been going to massage for at least 20 years, and become picky. I have sacked many of them within 10-20 minutes.

But for this woman, I must give her the due credit. She can spot where go wrong and use the correct type of stroke and strength.

Hi Laguna, I also wanna know, please?

Oh pretty please you must share with me your tuina shifu...

By the way, Dow seems to be down almost 2% today.

I will PM u tomorrow.

I have been going to massage for at least 20 years, and become picky. I have sacked many of them within 10-20 minutes.

But for this woman, I must give her the due credit. She can spot where go wrong and use the correct type of stroke and strength.
    Can you PM me too? I have tried many but couldn't find a satisfactory one.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    you can always add to your CapMall Corp bond after IPO in open market... I did just that using my SRS, but not listed under CPF OA
    buy from market is 1.028+0.002

pay higher
    Last edited by Lovelle; 24th October 2012 at 10:14 AM.

I bought my condo @ 1.2m in 2005. In 2010, valuation is @2m. I took a equity loan of 750k@1.3% interest rate to buy in 3 lots (750k) DBS 4.7% pref bond. So every year, I collect (4.7%-1.3%-0.1% Custodian fee X 750k)
    SGD$24.75k of dividend. The $24.75k will pay for my mortgage loan , property tax & maintenace fee.

The smart & rich investors bought a US$5m universal whole life (not term) in 2009 . They pay the min amt to be insured US$5m. Draw down a USD loan to buy USD bond fund. The yearly bond dividend (5%) will pay for the yearly premium. This is what they hv done to ensure that it the event something happen to them. Their children will not be left with little money.

rdgs,
    Vic

I wanted to write something on this topic, but just too tired..
    just got a 3.5hours of massage...
    going for a show tonite....
    I tot pple say massage best at 30 mins or else damaging to body?

Can share which expert masseur is that? Interested to bring my parents go as my dad has quite bad rheumatism.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    I bought my condo @ 1.2m in 2005. In 2010, valuation is @2m. I took a equity loan of 750k@1.3% interest rate to buy in 3 lots (750k) DBS 4.7% pref bond. So every year, I collect (4.7%-1.3%-0.1% Custodian fee X 750k)
    SGD$24.75k of dividend. The $24.75k will pay for my mortgage loan , property tax & maintenace fee.

The smart & rich investors bought a US$5m universal whole life (not term) in 2009 . They pay the min amt to be insured US$5m. Draw down a USD loan to buy USD bond fund. The yearly bond dividend (5%) will pay for the yearly premium. This is what they hv done to ensure that it the event something happen to them. Their children will not be left with little money.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Wow, you really make money work for you!
    Btw, is the condo the only home you have?
    If so, isn't it a bit risky to put all the 750k in one basket?
    Just asking only.... want to learn more from your experience.

rdgs,
    Vic

was this an advice by banker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    was this an advice by banker ?
    This is not an advise by the banker. I really want to make full use whatever cash avail to buy only bond DBS pref bond at that time. I sold my DBS pref bond in 2011 & switch to OUE & Lipomall straight bond @4.95% & 5.875% respectively.

rdgs,
    Vic

This is not an advise by the banker. I really want to make full use whatever cash avail to buy only bond DBS pref bond at that time. I sold my DBS pref bond in 2011 & switch to OUE & Lipomall straight bond @4.95% & 5.875% respectively.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Wow, you are really an investment savy person!
    Good for you!
    Just by looking at the way you invest makes me dizzy.
    LOL.... today I learn something new from you.

rdgs,
    Vic
    how do u buy these stuff ?

rdgs,
    Vic
    Hi vic,
    you said you bought the DBS preferential bond in 2010, then sold in 2011.
    Usually what is the tenure of the bond?
    If you redeem it earlier how much will be forfeited?

These are Preference Shares not real bonds...some bond-like attributes but not real bonds. Riskier than bonds in that they rank below bonds but above shares.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi vic,
    you said you bought the DBS preferential bond in 2010, then sold in 2011.
    Usually what is the tenure of the bond?
    If you redeem it earlier how much will be forfeited?
    I bought DBS pref bond @ 100. Sell @101.
    OUE 4.95% 7 yrs @ 100. price now 102+
    Lippomall 5.875% 5 yrs @ 100. Bond price now 105+

Check with your banker to study into bond investment.
    A more simple bond investment is unit trust.

rdgs,
    Vic

I bought DBS pref bond @ 100. Sell @101.
    OUE 4.95% 7 yrs @ 100. price now 102+
    Lippomall 5.875% 5 yrs @ 100. Bond price now 105+

Check with your banker to study into bond investment.
    A more simple bond investment is unit trust.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Thanks vic .
    You got me interested.
    However, it is all greek to me at the moment.
    I have unit trust tagged together with my life insurance but don't understand how it really works.
    Now that I am interested, I will do research to understand better.

Bro, for universal life, please make sure the insurer is super solid. In event of insolvency of the insurer, the guarantee amount is a few hundred thousand. I cannot remember the amount. U can check w your insurer. So if u take 5 mil, it is better to spread it out. There is another way to do universal life at lower premium but do tedious to explain. It is like leverage and upon death, the outstanding 'loan' is deducted from the total payout.

rdgs,
    Vic

rdgs,
    Vic
    You are doing all these just for the $25,000?

With borrowed money, and unhedged I suppose.

This thread getting more interesting. Universal Life also mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    This thread getting more interesting. Universal Life also mentioned.
    Bro, be careful of universal. The insurer must be super strong. If they go bust, Singapore only guarantee only a certain amount. Really cannot remember the amount but super small. So if u want to get big amount, better spread. Same to deposits in bank.

Everybody is hungry of Yield and discounting risk
    Ride at your own risk !!!