Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 545964697479808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2656

Thread: BOND THREAD

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What "inflation"? What is the point of comparing to "inflation rate"?

I only know that the real inflation on the ground is much much higher than the statistical inflation figure usually reported (like those in your figure).....................
    E.g. your plate of chicken rice at hawker centre may cost $2.50 same as >10 years ago but the quantity of rice and meat especially meat now is like almost half of previous amount so much so that you have to buy 2 plates to fill a big stomach. Will this disguised hidden real inflation be captured in the "inflation" data in that figure you provided?

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    He was good for his time. It wasn't always 2.5%. For a long time the interest rate manage to outperform inflation. http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/site...estrates_0.jpg

Last time they tell you inflation is the cause of things getting more expensive, now in this internet age who in the right mind still believe in inflation.

You print, I print, everyone print.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/sing...oney-supply-m3

Bond thread is here.

Singapore Junk Bonds Slump as Swissco Seeks Restructuring

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-restructuring

Perisai Bondholders Reject Oil Rig Contractor’s Proposal

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ructuring-plan

Did Ezra Holdings Ltd Just Bail Out EMAS Offshore Ltd From Trouble?

Due to the falling price of oil, Perisai Petroleum has been hammered badly in the stock market over the past year – its share price has fallen from a peak of RM0.725 per share in February to a level of RM0.28 just prior to the aforementioned sale announcement.

EMAS Offshore is not in a very healthy state itself as it is looking to sell its investment to help repair its balance sheet. So, who is buying EMAS Offshore’s Perisai Petroleum shares?

Unsurprisingly, it is Ezra Holdings Limited (SGX: 5DN), the parent company of EMAS Offshore through its 75.25% stake, that has come to the rescue. Ezra Holdings has agreed to pay US$56 million for EMAS Offshore’s 12.13% stake in Perisai Petroleum, which is a 500% premium from the market value of the shares. Is this a bailout of EMAS Offshore by Ezra Holdings?

https://www.fool.sg/2015/12/17/did-e...-from-trouble/

Swissco joins debt restructuring frenzy

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...cturing-frenzy

Second Singapore-dollar bond default by oil & gas services firm looming

A second Singapore-dollar bond default from the hard-hit oil and gas industry could be on the cards.

Kuala Lumpur-listed offshore services firm Perisai Petroleum Teknologi and its bond holders are struggling to come to an agreement on the $125 million worth of notes due to mature next Monday.

And Singapore-listed Ezra Holdings, with a 22.5 per cent stake in Perisai via two units, could find itself in jeopardy too should the firm fail to redeem its bonds. The two firms are linked through a US$43 million (S$59 million) put option.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...n-shaky-ground

The Bond Thread is fast growing into Bomb Threat!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Question, when bond default where the money go to. Money become more valuable or less

Money evaporates and becomes rarer. More valuable!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Question, when bond default where the money go to. Money become more valuable or less

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Court extends legal action moratorium on Pac Andes

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...m-on-pac-andes

Debt-stressed KrisEnergy exploring equity raising and asset sales

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...nd-asset-sales

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    when the company borrowed using the bond, the money went from bond investors to the company. so where the money went to is where the company then invested the money. when the company defaults, they simply don't pay the investors back that's all.

if the money was invested in some non productive assets by the company then the money became less valuable i guess?

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bond.asp

Can I say, I don't have money but I can write IOU called Bond.

You pay me the money, I give you the IOU plus interest .

Don't you think it is another way to say money printing?

Swiber was voted “Best Under a Billion Company” by Forbes Asia as well as the one of the top-ranked companies in 2006.
    The price was @$6.50 in 2007. Look at how the US media like Forbes Asia manipulated the mind of Asian investors during
    the extreme optimism time. Then in 2008, Lehman brother crisis happened in Sep08. Swiber was suspended @0.11 last
    mth..

Buying JUNK bond with small issue size is very risky. When times is bad. You got no chance to sell at your preferred price
    due it low liquidilty. It will be a super low price to get it done IF crisis strikes.

Never put into everything in one basket.like Buying $2m into Swiber bond or buying $2m inti oil & gas related biz. If crisis strikes,
    it will affect all oil & gas companies. Sad to say that even a person who got a very high IQ failed it. It is all due to GREED.

When my friend gives me a list of their corp bond recommendation. Swiber was one of the BUY RECOMMENDATION.
    I decide to check with my CS rm. It is not into the BUY list . But there is a LTV for swiber even though it is NOT RECOMMEND.
    So I will never trust my BANKER or most of the BANK RECOMMENDATION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd38xAgqgkE.
    VULTURE FUND MANIPULATED by Soros together with US media to bring down German bank. That is why investing is now
    very very risky biz. Do not take risk you cannot afford to lose or with affect your financial health heavily if crisis strikes.

That is why I say it is better concentrate to put excess $ into CPF. It is AAA rating & guarantee & high interest rate. Too much CASH
    on hand will make you "HAND ITCHES" to take ignorant risk or worst of all GREED risk. Ppty is safe & will not be ZERO but it is a
    long term commitment which most of the ppty investors did not plan for it. The TDSR & ABSD kills most of the potential nvestors which
    would otherwise invest in ppty rather than RISKY ILLQUID JUNK BOND.

I was thinking of storing 10% of income into a form I cannot touch such as the SSB following the Richest Man in Babylon's idea. Actually have been consistently saving some 30% of income over the years but they were always out there in properties or stocks.

But the interest in SSB really sucks big time, even though it is better than the bank...

http://www.sgs.gov.sg/savingsbonds/Y...nths-bond.aspx

Only left CPF OA to consider but its not as liquid as I hope. SA even worse...

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Swiber was voted “Best Under a Billion Company” by Forbes Asia as well as the one of the top-ranked companies in 2006.
    The price was @$6.50 in 2007. Look at how the US media like Forbes Asia manipulated the mind of Asian investors during
    the extreme optimism time. Then in 2008, Lehman brother crisis happened in Sep08. Swiber was suspended @0.11 last
    mth..

Buying JUNK bond with small issue size is very risky. When times is bad. You got no chance to sell at your preferred price
    due it low liquidilty. It will be a super low price to get it done IF crisis strikes.

Never put into everything in one basket.like Buying $2m into Swiber bond or buying $2m inti oil & gas related biz. If crisis strikes,
    it will affect all oil & gas companies. Sad to say that even a person who got a very high IQ failed it. It is all due to GREED.

When my friend gives me a list of their corp bond recommendation. Swiber was one of the BUY RECOMMENDATION.
    I decide to check with my CS rm. It is not into the BUY list . But there is a LTV for swiber even though it is NOT RECOMMEND.

VULTURE FUND MANIPULATED by Soros together with US media to bring down German bank. That is why investing is now
    very very risky biz. Do not take risk you cannot afford to lose or with affect your financial health heavily if crisis strikes.

That is why I say it is better concentrate to put excess $ into CPF. It is AAA rating & guarantee & high interest rate. Too much CASH
    on hand will make you "HAND ITCHES" to take ignorant risk or worst of all GREED risk. Ppty is safe & will not be ZERO but it is a
    long term commitment which most of the ppty investors did not plan for it. The TDSR & ABSD kills most of the potential nvestors which

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

"Ppty is safe & will not be ZERO"
    - True. However, it is safe only when you buy at the right time... Buying OCR private properties now is definitively not considered as safe given that it is now at HISTORICAL HIGHEST price (ever since Singapore come into existence)!

"The TDSR & ABSD kills most of the potential investors which would otherwise invest in ppty rather than RISKY ILLQUID JUNK BOND"
    - True!

"but it (property) is a long term commitment which most of the ppty investors did not plan for it."
    - Not true! Actually, quite a number of people planned, but government policies (with all those TDSR and ABSD and SSD etc) changed to make it difficult for them to buy properties!

"it is better concentrate to put excess $ into CPF. It is AAA rating & guarantee & high interest rate. Too much CASH on hand will make you "HAND ITCHES" to take ignorant risk or worst of all GREED risk."
    - Not true lah!!! Put money into CPF at your own risk! CPF is a black-box and 1-way street, you put in you cannot take out, and CPF interest rate can be changed at any time (it is supposed to be pegged to SG 10-year bond yield (now 1.x%?) with no minimum 2.5% and 4% rate but has been delayed). You have no control over it, and there are way many more investment opportunities that will come along that will handily beat 2.5% and 4% return over the long term! Yes, if you are not short-sighted and want to invest for long term with MUCH BETTER returns, never ever put excess $ into CPF!

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    mth..

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post

"it is better concentrate to put excess $ into CPF. It is AAA rating & guarantee & high interest rate. Too much CASH on hand will make you "HAND ITCHES" to take ignorant risk or worst of all GREED risk."
    - Not true lah!!! Put money into CPF at your own risk! CPF is a black-box and 1-way street, you put in you cannot take out, and CPF interest rate can be changed at any time (it is supposed to be pegged to SG 10-year bond yield (now 1.x%?) with no minimum 2.5% and 4% rate but has been delayed). You have no control over it, and there are way many more investment opportunities that will come along that will handily beat 2.5% and 4% return over the long term! Yes, if you are not short-sighted and want to invest for long term with MUCH BETTER returns, never ever put excess $ into CPF!
    Precisely.
    Hand itches? LOL
    Such people will not in the first place have much CASH on hand since they seem neither to understand the illiquid nature of CPF or possess financial discipline.

Don't be stubborn bro. Put money where value is created.

Wherever the Govt puts money to build infrastructure, those are the places where new value is created.

If the Govt never developed Orchard Road with the glitzy malls and CBD (just like Bishan / TPY which are in the direct centre of Singapore), do you think Orchard Road would have commanded the current prices it did?

"Ppty is safe & will not be ZERO"
    - True. However, it is safe only when you buy at the right time... Buying OCR private properties now is definitively not considered as safe given that it is now at HISTORICAL HIGHEST price (ever since Singapore come into existence)!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

You go see Orchard Road, who own most of the FH land and buildings there? It started as a result of mostly private development in central location....

The others you said are 99-years LH developments with Freehold land owned by Government.
    Whoever owns the FH land will ultimately be the winner in the game.......

Put money in assets which will not depreciate in value over time - that is the investment tenant.........
    And without private development (and allowing them to have a pie and own some private FH land and buildings), the area will not go anywhere because the private has no incentive to work hard on developing the area (which is why Orchard Road is successful, while all the other places being pushed for has flopped).........

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Don't be stubborn bro. Put money where value is created.

Wherever the Govt puts money to build infrastructure, those are the places where new value is created.

If the Govt never developed Orchard Road with the glitzy malls and CBD (just like Bishan / TPY which are in the direct centre of Singapore), do you think Orchard Road would have commanded the current prices it did?

Ultimately maybe, but in your lifetime or outside of your lifetime is quite debatable.

You go see Orchard Road, who own most of the FH land and buildings there? It started as a result of mostly private development in central location....

The others you said are 99-years LH developments with Freehold land owned by Government.
    Whoever owns the FH land will ultimately be the winner in the game.......

Put money in assets which will not depreciate in value over time - that is the investment tenant.........
    And without private development (and allowing them to have a pie and own some private FH land and buildings), the area will not go anywhere because the private has no incentive to work hard on developing the area (which is why Orchard Road is successful, while all the other places being pushed for has flopped).........

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

We invest for ourselves, and for our future generation, we look at long-term...

We are not short-sighted, and do not try to flip to others to hold our 99-year LH babies (while trying to talk up what we want to flip to others).........

Ultimately maybe, but in your lifetime or outside of your lifetime is quite debatable.

We invest for ourselves, and for our future generation, we look at long-term...

We are not short-sighted, and do not try to flip to others to hold our 99-year LH babies (while trying to talk up what we want to flip to others).........
    The next generations have their own opportunities. New HDBs, first time buyers of new properties... I wouldn't worry about them.

Look at the HUDCs and enbloc that are being swept up by developers now. Not flipping at all! What were the prices bought at?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Yes I know, "NEW HDBs", "first time buyers of new (99-years LH) properties"....... Ha ha ha! You need NEW money to buy again, start from scratch.......
    Then, they will have to work like shit to accumulate money again to buy JUST 99-years LH property, a depreciating commodity (not even real asset)......

This is because you will HAVE NO valuable ASSETS to pass on to your children (because your 99-years LH property expiring or expired), and your children will have NO valuable ASSETS to pass on to your grand-children (because their properties also expiring again)..............

The next generations have their own opportunities. New HDBs, first time buyers of new properties... I wouldn't worry about them.

Look at the HUDCs and enbloc that are being swept up by developers now. Not flipping at all! What were the prices bought at?

99 years also will pass down minimum 50 years bah. Would rather pass down 2 LH properties than have to pass down 1 FH property. As mentioned before I do have FH property but the headache will be how to distribute fairly.

HDB is free money unless income super high else it's a good first property to own even if one has very good inheritance package.

Yes I know, "NEW HDBs", "first time buyers of new (99-years LH) properties"....... Ha ha ha! You need NEW money to buy again, start from scratch.......
    Then, they will have to work like shit to accumulate money again to buy JUST 99-years LH property, a depreciating commodity (not even real asset)......

This is because you will HAVE NO valuable ASSETS to pass on to your children (because your 99-years LH property expiring or expired), and your children will have NO valuable ASSETS to pass on to your grand-children (because their properties also expiring again)..............

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

What a load of bull. what no assets. The assets can be rented out. can lived in . can be sold with inflation hedge to swap for new assest.

Wat crap are u spewing
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...sir-for-s3342m

"The 175-unit estate, known as Raintree Gardens, was launched for collective sale in September. The purchase price roughly works out to about S$1.89 million per unit."

So much for a LH99 HDB desecrating assets that is not going to be worth anything bull shit from some jokers here.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

minority,

As usual, more nonsense and bullshit and lies about financial investment from you, a PROVEN FINANCIAL IDIOT, who claimed CPF Life has "BETROTH" and that CPF Life buys insurance from insurance company.......
    So, what more except BULLSHIT and LIES can we expect from you??????????

Again, better to show what BUNCH of LIES and BULLSHIT you are sprouting with numbers (otherwise people may think I am making empty talk):

You claimed: "The 175-unit estate, known as Raintree Gardens, was launched for collective sale in September. The purchase price roughly works out to about S$1.89 million per unit."

Wow! Looks great, until we dived deeper into the details!

"The 201,405 sq ft plot, next to Kallang River and near Potong Pasir MRT station, has just over 70 years of lease left. It is zoned for residential use with a 2.8 plot ratio."

"UVD is looking to develop the 201,405 sq ft site to house about 750 units. Overall, it is paying about $797 per sq ft per plot ratio (psf ppr), including the premium paid to top up the lease to a fresh 99 years and for redevelopment of the site to a gross plot ratio of 2.8."

So, total costs of buying the Raintree Gardens land and topping up to 99-years land lease = S$797 * 201405 * 2.8 = S$449.45 Millions!

Now, we know that the 175 owners of Raintree Gardens were only paid a total of $334.2 million!

That means, if Raintree Gardens is a FH property instead of 99-years LH property with only 70 years land lease left, the owners will get additional = $449.45M - $334.2M = $115.25 Millions!

In other words, if Raintree Gardens is a FH property instead of 99-years LH property with only 70 years land lease left, the owners would have gotten average S$2.57 MILLIONS (instead of just S$1.90 Million)!

In other words, if Raintree Gardens is a FH property instead of 99-years LH property with only 70 years land lease left, the owners would have gotten about +34.48% (or +S$670k) MORE!

Wow! FACTs show that: Like that I better buy FH and get paid $2.57M or +34.48% MORE for enbloc than just $1.90M !

minority,
    The above FACT just shows that 99-years LH property will keep dropping in value as their lease runs down to 0!!!

Raintree Gardens owners are lucky! They managed to sell NOW before the value of their property fall more as their land lease runs down! And the price fall will just accelerate the closer the land lease is to 99-years deadline!

minority,
    FACT! Please talk FACT! Don't just BULLSHIT and LIE whatever way you LIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    http://www.straitstimes.com/business...sir-for-s3342m

"The 175-unit estate, known as Raintree Gardens, was launched for collective sale in September. The purchase price roughly works out to about S$1.89 million per unit."

So much for a LH99 HDB desecrating assets that is not going to be worth anything bull shit from some jokers here.

I think my below post would have answered you question.

Yes, 99 years can pass down say 50 years, but value will drop >50%!!

E.g., Say if you have a fixed amount, say $10M, and you have 2 choices:

Case 1: You buy 1 Freehold property at $10M.
    Say the value appreciated 100% and you pass down 50 years later, that will have a future value of $20M.

Case 2: You buy 2 99-years Leasehold properties at $10M.
    Say the value similarly appreciated 100% and you pass down 50 years later, but because land lease already left 49 years, that will have a future value of only = $20M * (49/99) = $9.9M.

Conclusion: If you choose Case 2 (as you said you would), Not only that your aset did not increase in value, it has ACTUALLY dropped in REAL purchasing value because of INFLATION!

So, if you want to buy properties as inflation hedge, you should know which to buy now!

99 years also will pass down minimum 50 years bah. Would rather pass down 2 LH properties than have to pass down 1 FH property. As mentioned before I do have FH property but the headache will be how to distribute fairly.

HDB is free money unless income super high else it's a good first property to own even if one has very good inheritance package.
    minority,

As usual, more nonsense and bullshit and lies about financial investment from you, a PROVEN FINANCIAL IDIOT, who claimed CPF Life has "BETROTH" and that CPF Life buys insurance from insurance company.......
    So, what more except BULLSHIT and LIES can we expect from you??????????

Again, better to show what BUNCH of LIES and BULLSHIT you are sprouting with numbers (otherwise people may think I am making empty talk):

You claimed: "The 175-unit estate, known as Raintree Gardens, was launched for collective sale in September. The purchase price roughly works out to about S$1.89 million per unit."

Wow! Looks great, until we dived deeper into the details!

"The 201,405 sq ft plot, next to Kallang River and near Potong Pasir MRT station, has just over 70 years of lease left. It is zoned for residential use with a 2.8 plot ratio."

"UVD is looking to develop the 201,405 sq ft site to house about 750 units. Overall, it is paying about $797 per sq ft per plot ratio (psf ppr), including the premium paid to top up the lease to a fresh 99 years and for redevelopment of the site to a gross plot ratio of 2.8."

So, total costs of buying the Raintree Gardens land and topping up to 99-years land lease = S$797 * 201405 * 2.8 = S$449.45 Millions!

Now, we know that the 175 owners of Raintree Gardens were only paid a total of $334.2 million!

That means, if Raintree Gardens is a FH property instead of 99-years LH property with only 70 years land lease left, the owners will get additional = $449.45M - $334.2M = $115.25 Millions!

In other words, if Raintree Gardens is a FH property instead of 99-years LH property with only 70 years land lease left, the owners would have gotten average S$2.57 MILLIONS (instead of just S$1.90 Million)!

In other words, if Raintree Gardens is a FH property instead of 99-years LH property with only 70 years land lease left, the owners would have gotten about +34.48% (or +S$670k) MORE!

Wow! FACTs show that: Like that I better buy FH and get paid $2.57M or +34.48% MORE for enbloc than just $1.90M !

minority,
    The above FACT just shows that 99-years LH property will keep dropping in value as their lease runs down to 0!!!

Raintree Gardens owners are lucky! They managed to sell NOW before the value of their property fall more as their land lease runs down! And the price fall will just accelerate the closer the land lease is to 99-years deadline!

minority,
    FACT! Please talk FACT! Don't just BULLSHIT and LIE whatever way you LIKE!