Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Echelon (D3, 99 years, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    what if there is no more MTB's left in the market ??
    no fear.. still got many

Be prepared for crash....

Every uncle and aunty, and road sweeper has bought something...

Quote Originally Posted by sh

How do u define "crash"?

"Correction" may be a better term.

why Echelon, why not La Fiesta, quantum on 5xxk ... cannot go wrong right?

Ride at your own risk !!!

sink or swim?

Obviously I MTB-ed - didn't even RTP - Reach the Port!!

Make sure there are enough lifeboats for those on board if The Boat were ever to sink...

Quote Originally Posted by sh

might as well you say beggars also bought something

How to crash, all uncles & aunties buy the units now have to & can hold for 4 yrs, not like share mkt got panic selling. Property mkt will crash only when interest rate goes up, no rental, many owners cash flow problem,....
    Correction is definitely coming, 20%?

Crash here Won't come in the next 4 years. I doubt anyone buying today didn't factor in higher interest rates in future, or consider their lack of holding power in worst case black swan scenario in view of SSD. Seriously many are buying bcos they are first timer, buying while they can afford..

There are still many MTBs out there la!

Many got detention barrracks by Sergeant CM!
    May not be able to come to the port to wait for Boats/Ships.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    There are still many MTBs out there la!

Many got detention barrracks by Sergeant CM!
    May not be able to come to the port to wait for Boats/Ships.

DKSG
    Hahahahahaha... There are always solutions.... Boat is only one mode of transport. Miss the boat, catch the plane. You pay more but will reach there faster. Trust me, some will catch the plane...

The boat has left, now only left the plane....

Quote Originally Posted by Tay EG
    How to crash, all uncles & aunties buy the units now have to & can hold for 4 yrs, not like share mkt got panic selling. Property mkt will crash only when interest rate goes up, no rental, many owners cash flow problem,....
    Correction is definitely coming, 20%?
    Honestly whenever you see aunties and uncles buying, it is about time to consider exit liao. The same when auntie uncles buying penny stocks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Crash here Won't come in the next 4 years. I doubt anyone buying today didn't factor in higher interest rates in future, or consider their lack of holding power in worst case black swan scenario in view of SSD. Seriously many are buying bcos they are first timer, buying while they can afford..
    Market sentiment can change very quickly and no SSD will be able to prevent the market from crashing actually. And whenever majority are betting against a crash, that is where the big crash is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Majority of the people who can afford PC has gone through the 1997 asia financial crisis (> 5years), 2003 Sars and 2007 (going 5 years) Subprime crisis. How can they did not factor in the higher interest rate problem? Imagine the average age to buy pc is 30 years (likely higher), they would have gone through 1997, 2003 and 2007 crisis. I think majority of the people are prudent.

Of course there are some black sheep that create some ripple..

IMO, interest rate will grow up only when the US economy recovered. When the economy is recovered, is interest rate a problem??

Quote Originally Posted by blackapple
    Majority of the people who can afford PC has gone through the 1997 asia financial crisis (> 5years), 2003 Sars and 2007 (going 5 years) Subprime crisis. How can they did not factor in the higher interest rate problem? Imagine the average age to buy pc is 30 years (likely higher), they would have gone through 1997, 2003 and 2007 crisis. I think majority of the people are prudent.

Of course there are some black sheep that create some ripple..

IMO, interest rate will grow up only when the US economy recovered. When the economy is recovered, is interest rate a problem??
    You got to understand that human have very short memory and of else there wont be any recession every 5 to 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Market sentiment can change very quickly and no SSD will be able to prevent the market from crashing actually. And whenever majority are betting against a crash, that is where the big crash is coming.
    Bro, this is not a mass market product. Not everyone can participate. Your rule applies to stocks where everyone participate...

Name me a year in which stocks plunge before property? Please don't tell me about US... They had subprime and the market that burst was the mass market property(no or minimal public housing).

I am not hear to contradict... Just trying to understand your theory....

The private is like the LV, Chanel, Hermes market...

Cheers

Bottomline, there will always be a crash, but not now unless u have a black swan event... Hahahahaha

Any correction more than 10%, you will see people waiting at sideline jump in to buy. I have many colleagues and friends with fully paid HDB, household income more than 15K waiting to go in since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    Any correction more than 10%, you will see people waiting at sideline jump in to buy. I have many colleagues and friends with fully paid HDB, household income more than 15K waiting to go in since 2010.
    Bro, when u see all of the go in, then u start to worry... Another sign is the stock market... You have analysed the market well...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, this is not a mass market product. Not everyone can participate. Your rule applies to stocks where everyone participate...

Name me a year in which stocks plunge before property? Please don't tell me about US... They had subprime and the market that burst was the mass market property(no or minimal public housing).

I am not hear to contradict... Just trying to understand your theory....

The private is like the LV, Chanel, Hermes market...

Cheers

Bottomline, there will always be a crash, but not now unless u have a black swan event... Hahahahaha
    Depending which size of apartment you talking about. In my books, anything that is priced <1.5m is consider mass market products targeting at mass market buyers

Stocks are highly volatile and market sentiment can change from bull to bear within days or weeks, just like what we see in 2012. So it is irrelevant and pointless to talk about which one will come first.

Contrary to what you say, luxury products and services are usually the one that suffer the most when economy turn south and no property is immune to shocks.

Lets not kid ourselves, the fundamental reason why people are buying into this project is looking at short term price surge when Singland and Wingtai launch their project.

I don't expect a recession next year.

Our private constitute how many % of the housing?

Depending which size of apartment you talking about. In my books, anything that is priced <1.5m is consider mass market products targeting at mass market buyers

Stocks are highly volatile and market sentiment can change from bull to bear within days or weeks, just like what we see in 2012. So it is irrelevant and pointless to talk about which one will come first.

Contrary to what you say, luxury products and services are usually the one that suffer the most when economy turn south and no property is immune to shocks.

Lets not kid ourselves, the fundamental reason why people are buying into this project is looking at short term price surge when Singland and Wingtai launch their project.

if they didnt go in in 2010, then its very unlikely they dare to go in when the market turn south, as they will continue to struggle to overcome fear and greed.

if they didnt go in in 2010, then its very unlikely they dare to go in when the market turn south, as they will continue to struggle to overcome fear and greed.
    They didn't go in 2010 and now they are feeling frustration seeing their friends made money and seeing the runaway price... So sad.. Human nature involves Jelousy and Greed. This is the part that drives bubbles... So, is the huddle starting or is it a MAX.. You decide... If you think it is at max, don't buy... If you think it is still forming, it is up to u to but or not?

Cheers

Bro, when u see all of the go in, then u start to worry... Another sign is the stock market... You have analysed the market well...
    But this group of people actually have holding power, fully paid HDB, cash rich and they have a relatively stable job, almost recession proof.

But this group of people actually have holding power, fully paid HDB, cash rich and they have a relatively stable job, almost recession proof.
    Bro, recession proof or not, when recession happens. All prices will drop. Period. And I am not saying there will be a recession...

Look at economy chart vs ura ppi vs stocks... You will see a resemblance of so,e form.

It is easy to say only. When fear strikes, everyone also don't buy hoping for lower price. In 2009 Q1, prices already dropped 35% (and 50% in prime areas), not many people buy also. On the contrary, when prices are very high, you see record purchases. Like 2012, sure highest number of residential sold.

Many people will say they have half a million and earning 20k a month but whether they will buy or not, it is a totally different story.

Something that many has: herd mentality

Something that very few have: guts

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    It is easy to say only. When fear strikes, everyone also don't buy hoping for lower price. In 2009 Q1, prices already dropped 35% (and 50% in prime areas), not many people buy also. On the contrary, when prices are very high, you see record purchases. Like 2012, sure highest number of residential sold.

Many people will say they have half a million and earning 20k a month but whether they will buy or not, it is a totally different story.
    Bro, they will buy (if no recession). Singaporeans have a tendency of chasing prices up.

Look at hdb, prices up, go in.... Look at condo, prices up, go in, look at landed, price up, go in, look at COE, prices up, go in, look at gold, price up, go in, look at stocks, prices up, go in...

Look at reverse - recession come, prices down, what happens???

Key is, when is the recession.... Hahahahahaha

Enough here Liao....

Cheers.. Leaving hotel to go airport to come back to sweet Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Something that many has: herd mentality

Something that very few have: guts
    Bro, must reply this one before check out...

I belong to the 20%...

Hahahahahaha

Balls made of steel here.

What I observed back in Q1 2009 was that there were not many units available
    in the project I want.
    May be different this time with so many units launched, maybe got more choices?

Wow. Such a short trip to Jakarta. Property hunting,
    Bro, they will buy (if no recession). Singaporeans have a tendency of chasing prices up.

Look at hdb, prices up, go in.... Look at condo, prices up, go in, look at landed, price up, go in, look at COE, prices up, go in, look at gold, price up, go in, look at stocks, prices up, go in...

Look at reverse - recession come, prices down, what happens???

Key is, when is the recession.... Hahahahahaha

Enough here Liao....

Cheers.. Leaving hotel to go airport to come back to sweet Singapore.