Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Mondrian

Quote Originally Posted by 737
    saw both projects, think blossoms has more to offer than parc mondrian.. just curious, what prompted the choice of the latter instead..
    Hi hi,

I think it is unfair to compare the 2 projects (otherwise the nice Market Police is gonna come around again). Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the day, every individual also has different likes and dislikes in a development too.

Blossoms is a nice place too. I have seen quite a number of blossoms units. So while I agree with you that Blossoms has lots to offer, PM still offers better value TO ME in terms of the price point and room layout. It is kinda tough to find a 3 bedder FH unit these days selling at this price point and having a decent developer at the fringe of the city and good room layout. For example, Kovan Residences (99 year) is selling at $850psf, Clover at Bishan (99 year) is selling at $750psf and my friend just bought The Quartz at Buangkok (99 year) at $720psf. So at the end of the day it is an assessment of the pricing, the location, the tenure of the devt, the layout, the facing that determines the purchase. It is not simply a development to development comparison.

Hope I make sense here and did not antagonise any Blossoms people. If I did, plse accept my sincere apologies. =)

Default Anyone familiar with URA Masterplan 2008?

Hi hi,

Just had lunch over the weekend with an old friend, and I was told that as per Masterplan 2008, the Woodleigh area will have a commercial center (and most likely it would be a shopping centre) right outside the Woodleigh MRT. Which means there will be shopping right across the road on the other side of the MRT entrance near to where the cemetery used to be! Does anyone who have access to the Masterplan 2008 confirm if this is so?

Does anyone know whether this is true? I am really looking forward to the development of the Woodleigh area. Also noticed that there is a HUGE plot of land right behind Potong Pasir MRT. Does anyone know whether it will be developed for commercial use?

Thanks in advance!

D13 Guest

Understand the plot near the potong pasir MRT is zoned for commercial. The entertainment centre at Woodleigh may take a while before it is being developed. It is going to be a happening area. Looking forward to it.

Potong Pasir lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D13
    Understand the plot near the potong pasir MRT is zoned for commercial. The entertainment centre at Woodleigh may take a while before it is being developed. It is going to be a happening area. Looking forward to it.
    Personally I think there is a lot of potential with the Potong Pasir/Woodleigh area, due to the following:

- There are LARGE tracts of land available for development. Which is extremely RARE for any location at the city fringe. The large parcel of land behind Potong Pasir MRT is now vacant. Since it is slated as commercial, the whole town will be transformed. Not to mention that the whole Woodleigh Park area will have its own entertainment center/shopping area, and the EVEN larger parcel of land at Woodleigh will be developed into mixed residential (private and public) use. As more private condo land in Woodleigh comes up for tender (most likely with 99 years tenure), the property valuation for existing property (esp those under Freehold tenure - such as One Leicester, Parc Mondrian, Blossoms, Intero and Platinum Edge) will rise. These original owners will see significant gains as they bought at $590 - $750psf.

- The traffic condition to city center is likely to improve with the construction of the Woodleigh interchange. Also, Woodleigh Station is one MRT stop away from Serangoon, which is an interchange station for the Circle Line.

- Should the ruling party takes over during the next GE, they would definitely wish to showcase the DIFFERENCE which they can make. Afterall, Chiam ST announced during the last GE that that would be his last (so hopefully no one credible comes up...). So the whole Potong Pasir constituency (which includes Woodleigh and Potong Pasir and a small part of Toa Payoh) will see huge improvements in existing amenities and much more commercial developments, of which will have to be delivered anyway since they have been annouced or are already part of the Masterplan 2008.

I am currently staying at One Leicester, and my whole family is really looking forward to all the exciting developments and potential of the whole Potong Pasir estate. Parc Mondrian is definitely a great place too given it has Potong Pasir town center at one side, and Woodleigh entertainment center across the road. The whole of Potong Pasir is under-valued, so we will definitely stay vested over the long term!

Hi PP Lover,

Thanks for the detailed analysis! That's very helpful! Hmmm, anyone knows when Centerpoint will launch the 99-year devt at Woodleigh Close? I drove past the Woodsville 28 launch many times during the weekend, and the showroom was packed even though the average psf was $880! Wow! Looks like Potong Pasir is moving up up and up!

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian

Does anyone know whether this is true? I am really looking forward to the development of the Woodleigh area. Also noticed that there is a HUGE plot of land right behind Potong Pasir MRT. Does anyone know whether it will be developed for commercial use?

Thanks in advance!

You can find out from ura.gov.sg. Look under URA draft masterplan 2008. its available for public viewing.

Deborah Guest

Thumbs up Great choice!

Congrats!! Think you made a excellent choice. I love that area too, such surroundings especially near the city is a RARE find these days.

It is currently still grossly undervalued and has Much room to climb. Blossoms and PM are both wonderful properties in a great location, but I think that PM is better as it is more exclusive(100units).

I would ANYTIME, recommend Woodleigh area to my prospective clients over the St Michael's/ Mar Thoma area. Yet the price at St M & M.T. is around 900psf+- for recent launches while Woodleigh was still at 6x0-7x0psf. The situation shd be reverse. That is good news for you: that means you can potentially gain 250-350psf over time!!!

Deborah

okang Guest

Default Site Photos

I am a KL based buyer of Parc Mondrian and would appreciate postings of site photos of on-going construction.

D13 lover Guest

folks good choice, I am also a D13 lover.

Just bear in mind these new plans by the govt are for longer term, do not expect anything in the next 3 years.

More so, may have to wait up to 10 years. If you are prepared to wait, that is good.

Look at Punggol 21, it is a good example. Plans to develop the town into a model town were announced as early as 1997, look at Punggol now, not much happening still. Now we have P21+...sigh....

I may be wrong, but I do not expect prices in this area to climb much higher in near term. For long term, it is good. Near term (3-5years) fair value 750psf, long term (>10 years) $1000psf. Those in their 30s buying now can cash out when they are 60. Those already in 50s, better off looking somewhere else.

Unregistered88 Guest

Question Info

Noticed some PM ads mention the flooring as marble for living/dining but appears the specs listed homogeneous tiles? Also are the window glass of tinted variety to minimise heat penetration?

Default Still looking at Parc Mondrian

I am still looking for a unit in Parc Mondrian. Any advise what will be a good / fair price now and please feel free to provide any comments / advise on this development, especially on build quality and surrounding area. Anything to look out for that may not be ideal? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered88
    Noticed some PM ads mention the flooring as marble for living/dining but appears the specs listed homogeneous tiles? Also are the window glass of tinted variety to minimise heat penetration?
    Based on the sales brochure, it should be homogeneous tiles. Windows are tinted. But then again, tinted windows can take many forms. Hence there is never any guarantee on the % of tinting vs heat penetration. No developer will go to that extent to put it in writing in the sales brochure.

I have been driving past Parc Mondrian pretty much cos I live at Potong Pasir. It looks fine... Built to the 4th or 5th storey now. We are looking forward to moving in come 2010.

I also saw that Centerpoint is now busily building its showflat across the road from Parc Mondrian. Looks like it's launching soon. Think they'd better launch fast. After all, Centerpoint's plot is 99-year leasehold and no one knows how long this downturn may last.

Quote Originally Posted by NMJ
    I am still looking for a unit in Parc Mondrian. Any advise what will be a good / fair price now and please feel free to provide any comments / advise on this development, especially on build quality and surrounding area. Anything to look out for that may not be ideal? Thank you.
    Actually Parc Mondrian does not seem to have an active sub-sale market. Mainly because D13 is not an area that people come to flip. Hence most people purchase it for self-stay. I speak from experience, having lived at Potong Pasir area. The units which TOP last year and in 2006 (such as One Leicester, Intero, Platinum Edge) are all 80-95% occupied by their owners within 3 months of TOP. Hence there is no "ghost town" syndrome here, which is good if you are buying for self-stay, bad if you want to flip within a short span of time.

Over the long term, this area has potential given it is at the city fringe and currently transacted at $650-720psf. Potong Pasir is currently undervalued cos it the amenities are dated, unlike certain GRCs where there are private walkways etc. But all these may change as the town gets rejuvenated, and the Woodsville area gets developed. Potong Pasir is also at near the junction of CTE/PIE, hence getting out is not that much of an issue.

There are basically 2 main sites for private estates around Potong Pasir (in terms of condos). One is near Leicester side. Leicester side is definitely more convenient and nearer PP MRT station and PP town center. But it has its own disadvantages in terms of noise level, high density (there are tonnes of condos cramped side by side along Leicester Road), mixed development of old shophouses (such as Rajoo Casket) and with only ONE exit at Woodsville Close shared by many condo owners. The other is Woodleigh area. Woodleigh area is much quieter and exclusive, but it is a longer walk to the MRT station.

Depends really on what you want. If you are looking for something to flip quickly and pocket a huge gain, D13 is not really the place for you. But if you are looking for good value, in terms of psf and a freehold development at the City Fringe which is well linked by PIE/CTE and MRT, then Potong Pasir offers good long term value at $650-$750psf.

My 2 cents worth.

read in this post somewhere that there are only 2 visitor parking lots. can someone please confirm? looking at buying a sub-sale unit. other set back is no tennis court

Hi, I'm an owner of a unit at Parc Mondrian - went to view the development recently and noticed that they are only building one half of the block? It's about 3-4 storeys high but only half a block has been built. Anyone knows if that is normal? I thought usually they will build the whole block at once, instead of half at a time? Construction has also been slow...I hope they will be able to TOP in 1st QTR 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    Hi, I'm an owner of a unit at Parc Mondrian - went to view the development recently and noticed that they are only building one half of the block? It's about 3-4 storeys high but only half a block has been built. Anyone knows if that is normal? I thought usually they will build the whole block at once, instead of half at a time? Construction has also been slow...I hope they will be able to TOP in 1st QTR 2010...
    Not sure if you saw the news...

http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/...-rights-issue/

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    Hi Deux,

It's good to find a future neighbour here! =)

I agree with you on the construction progress. The thing is Eng Lim is working round the clock, on Sundays and PH, but somehow they seem slow. I am not sure if it is due to the layout of the place, or they need to reinforce the sides of the slope.

Anyway, I called up Bt Sembawang last month (Jenny: 6890-0333) and was told that the estimated date of completion is still on target at 2Q 2010. If you look at your purchase contract, the TOP is 2011, not 2010 as you have mentioned above.

Also on your point about "half a block". You have made an error here. Parc Mondrian is made up of 2 separate blocks. The inner block (nearer to the HDB) is being built up to the 5th storey, since it is less accessible by the construction eqpt. The outer block (nearer to Blossoms @ Woodleigh) is being built to 2nd floor. Hope this clarifies your doubts over half a block. =)

Are you in a rush to move in? I am personally fine with the speed lah. I'd rather they do a good job rather than shoddy rushed work. I live right beside a construction plot for a pte apartment. Basically within 6 months, they built up from 2nd to 11th storey. My little toddler's fav pastime is to stand by the window to watch the workers at work. But u shd see how they work and the quality of the workmanship! Basically everything was rushed. =p

Default Parc Mondrian

Like to share pictures taken at the site. One is taken on 8 March and the other on 22 March. Can see slight difference. Yes TOP is Mar 2011.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi jchong and new2mondrian, thanks for the info/pics! Yeah, I know the TOP date in the contract is 1st QTR 2011, not 2010 but I was hoping it will TOP in 1st or 2nd QTR 2010 because the signboard on the construction site says estimated completion is in 1st QTR 2010..I bought the unit in 2007, and it's been 2 years already but only 5 levels on one block have been built! I certainly do not want a shoddy rushed job either but I hope they won't delay it till 1st QTR 2011! We were hoping to move into our new home next year...

Hope they speed up! The pics are encouraging

Hey jchong, just like to ask - how did you manage to get this view of the construction? I've driven past a few times but was never able to get a proper view..thanks!

Default Piet

I believe the photographs were taken from the HDB blocks directly opposite, probably from the 10 to 13 floors....really can't wait to see the building taking shape....

Yes, I'm excited too! I hope Eng Lim does a good job, I don't know of other residential projects that they've done. Can't wait to see the facade of the building, it looks nice in the brochures. Hope they keep to 2nd QTR 2010!

Hi Deux,

I think everyone's keen for Eng Lim to speed things up! But honestly at this rate that they are moving, I am not sure if Parc Mondrian will be completed by Q2 2010. I am no construction expert myself, so really cannot comment.

But nonetheless, the pics look encouraging! Thanks to JChong who posted it! That's ingenious. I have never thought of going up the HDB flats to take a look instead. I will do that over this weekend.

On Eng Lim's projects, I think Eng Lim does have quite a fair bit of civil construction projects which included Circle Line phase 3, SATS Airfreight Terminal and Singapore Airshow 30 hectares site development. So I think they should be fine. Eng Lim is not a small construction firm to start with, so hopefully they might weather the crisis better.

But so far Sembawang is very slow in billing us too! Which is good!!! Heheheee.... After so many many months, they only recently billed for the piling work (10% of total cost).

Some trivial on the trees along Woodleigh which I thought might be interesting to the PM and Blossoms residents. Before we exercised the option, we were quite concerned that the view might be blocked by the tall tall trees lining Woodleigh area, hence did quite a fair bit of research. It is interesting to note that the tall trees are in fact heritage trees listed in NPARKS website, and even their specs are listed! .

<Exerpt from NPARKS>:

Highlight on some Heritage Trees
    (A3) Angsana Tree (
    Pterocarpus indicus) at Upper Serangoon Road

This tree of about 60 years old, is found on the side-table of Upper Serangoon Road, between Woodleigh Park and Woodleigh Close. With a girth of 7.7 m, this is one of the largest roadside trees in Singapore.

Instead of allowing the widening of drainage channel to encroach into the sidetable where the tree is sited, the tree was saved from the axe by realigning the drainage channel under the road surface.

A large tree with a dense, wide-spreading and drooping dome-shaped crown. Angsana was introduced to Singapore for roadside plantings in the early years of the Garden City Movement as it is fast-growing and also provide good shade for pedestrians. This is clearly evident as one takes a
    walk down Angsana-lined Orchard Road from Liat Tower to Ngee Ann City.

The faintly fragrant flowers are yellow and in large bunches. The floral buds develop inconspicuously until the right stimulus triggers the entire crown to bloom in yellow simultaneously.

The flowers last only for one day. Subsequently, they will rain down the next morning, laying yellow carpets by the road and car parks.

Default Parc Mondrian

Hi, glad that you guys find the pictures encouraging. Here's another updated pic taken last weekend. It was quite cloudy so it looks abit gloomy! Can't see much from Woodleigh Close so this is best view to see the progress of the construction. The sign at site indicates 1Q 2010 TOP and Bt Sembawang has indeed confirmed that they are on time. Once foundation is done, I think it will be very fast!

Thanks for posting the pics!

Just wondering, does anyone have pics of the showroom? any idea what kind of fittings there will be?

Here's another updated pic taken last weekend for those who did not have a chance to go and have a good view. Look at how much it has progressed since my last update 2 weeks ago!

Hi jchong,

Thanks so much for taking all the photos and posting them here! =)

Hi Wolkom,

I don't have any pics... but this agent seemed to have taken lots of pics from the showroom and posted them on propertyguru. You can view them in the below link.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi.../Parc-Mondrian

The region around Parc Mondrian is getting some exciting developments lately...especially with the newly christened NEX mall at Serangoon Central, 1 MRT stop away, announcing some of the anchor tenants such as 10-screen Shaw cineplex, NTUC Xtra, Jap foodcourt amongst some other 400 shops. The completion of the mall at end 2010 would tie in nicely around the time Parc Mondrian is ready too!

Quote Originally Posted by giapster
    The region around Parc Mondrian is getting some exciting developments lately...especially with the newly christened NEX mall at Serangoon Central, 1 MRT stop away, announcing some of the anchor tenants such as 10-screen Shaw cineplex, NTUC Xtra, Jap foodcourt amongst some other 400 shops. The completion of the mall at end 2010 would tie in nicely around the time Parc Mondrian is ready too!
    Upcoming Serangoon shopping mall gets 30% occupancy commitments
    Posted: 14 April 2009 1723 hrs
    Photos 1 of 1 ">
    Artist's impression of nex

SINGAPORE : An upcoming shopping mall in Serangoon Central has obtained occupancy commitments for 30 per cent of its lettable space since breaking ground in November.

These tenants include Cineplex operator Shaw Organisation, hypermarket operator FairPrice Xtra and mainboard-listed Food Junction Holdings.

Advanced talks are also underway to secure a department store operator to take up 50,000 square feet of lettable space in the shopping centre.

The mall's developer is Gold Ridge, which is backed by mostly European and American investors.

Gold Ridge has named the new mall "nex".

"nex" will be a six-storey mall with over 600,000 square feet of net lettable space.

It is expected to open by the end of next year and will be the biggest mall in northeast Singapore.

Gold Ridge is investing S$1.3 billion in the project. - CNA /ls

I am looking forward to the new mall too! Hopefully this marks the first step of more commercial devts ard Woodleigh area to come!