Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Parc Mondrian

hi, shock to see the maintenance fee is so high from the lawyer letter. stack 2, recieved the letter last friday

Maintenance Fee is really on the high side given the limited facilities. Should check with the developer on how they derive at this fee. It will be worst when residents have to pay for the 2nd car onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sad to hear u sold ur mondrian....i still tink its a nice cosy project to keep keep wor despite high fee......u goto change to a new nick liao? hehe
    No need to change nick lah. I joined this forum when I newly bought into Mondrian mah. Doesn't mean I have to hold forever. Bought PM at below 700psf, sold at close to 1kpsf, bought fh south buona vista at about 700psf. That's how money churns mah.

But agree that potong pasir is a good place to stay. When the price of landed terraces across the road from PM are right, I might come back to potong pasir again.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    No need to change nick lah. I joined this forum when I newly bought into Mondrian mah. Doesn't mean I have to hold forever. Bought PM at below 700psf, sold at close to 1kpsf, bought fh south buona vista at about 700psf. That's how money churns mah.

But agree that potong pasir is a good place to stay. When the price of landed terraces across the road from PM are right, I might come back to potong pasir again.
    kudos...pretend newbie...actually oldbirdie

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian

See u around in Minton next time.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    See u around in Minton next time.
    Yup see u at Minton. Minton is a property which will never be sold. It's for my parents to live out their retirement days there. Thanks for posting all the Minton photos! Very helpful.

Any Parc Mondrian photos from those who have collected their keys? How does its interior look like? Hope u guys can collect your keys before CNY!

Have received letter from lawyer 2 wks ago and will be collecting keys next wkend. Yes, can see that the maintenance fee is indeed very high and I have complained verbally to developer, know nothing can be done for now but hope they can do something for future. Was told that this was advised by MA and then approved by BCA! Since all of us feel it is very high, suggest PM owners to complain to developer and if see if anything can be done to lower it.

N2M, thot you would hold PM for longer term, guess you are contented with your profits!

Actually talking to the MA for a detailed breakdown of costs will be good, and see if the costs can be kept low such that a good portion of the $490 can go to sinking fund. And the first management comm voted in must be aligned to everyone's interests to take the neccessary (and sometimes painstaking) steps to cut costs and reduce management fees. If the first MC voted in consists of Bo chap/less-work-is-good types, then it might be a long route to fee reduction.

Just a friendly advice - might be good to discuss any defects after keys collection privately than through a public forum. Thought this might be pertinent especially to first time home owners.

Looks like there are people already moved in...

finally received my letter today!

Did anyone read the papers over the weekend on homogeneous tiles "popping" out in certain condos because they've been tiled too close together? Apparently homogeneous tiles are prone to expansion and contraction so it is safer for them to be tiled a little further apart to allow for this. If not, they will start to "pop" out after a couple of years. However due to rising cement prices, some contractors prefer to tile them closer together so as to save on cement. So I guess it's a good thing that our tiles are further apart after all!

dev din give marble?

They gave homogeneous tiles, but that's consistent with the showflat + brochure specs. Personally I prefer homogeneous tiles, they are easier to maintain and provide a more neutral background to work against for ID.. although I suppose a lot of folks out there would still prefer marble since marble tiles are more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    They gave homogeneous tiles, but that's consistent with the showflat + brochure specs. Personally I prefer homogeneous tiles, they are easier to maintain and provide a more neutral background to work against for ID.. although I suppose a lot of folks out there would still prefer marble since marble tiles are more expensive.
    i hate homogeneous tiles!!! big gaps in between the tiles....trap dirt and uncomfortable to walk....8wood is one of them....but i still dun mind...:X

y isit so tat homogeneous tiles always got big gaps? any guru care to xplain?

i hate homogeneous tiles!!! big gaps in between the tiles....trap dirt and uncomfortable to walk....8wood is one of them....but i still dun mind...:X

Better homogeneous tiles than ceramic, I say. At least when tenants chipped the floorings, it's hardly visible. Cracks an chips show up immediately on ceramics.

Of cos, many want marble floor but marble also got different grade and can be tough to maintain.

me not guru... this is to give way for expansion due to change in temperature otherwise same as sengkang it will crack in no time.

I had viewed a unit recently and I thought the workmanship isnt that fantastic as compared to my unit in D23.. sorry if I have disappointed you guys here but agent friend told me that this is the standard for most of the recently TOP apartment.

Be sure to check and inform the developer to make good during the one year DLP period.

But I think sub-sale owner dont have this privilege right?

homogenous gave me a very sandy feeling when walk on bare foot. I prefer granite or marble.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    me not guru... this is to give way for expansion due to change in temperature otherwise same as sengkang it will crack in no time.
    but all natural marble or compressed marble tiles tat i hf seen got no gaps wor...smooth and comfy to walk

my current plc flr tiles r smooth and creamy

more answers towards tiles pop up.

There are a number of reasons a ceramic tile floor may loosen, the most common of which is an incorrectly applied adhesive. Other causes may include moisture problems, an unclean surface, or technique errors during installation.

Unclean Setting Surface
    Neither thin-set nor mastic will properly adhere to a dusty surface. For this reason, it is important to thoroughly sweep or vacuum just before installation.

Incorrectly Mixed Adhesive
    Disproportionate amounts of water in the thin-set mixture will prevent proper adhesion. Runny thin-set may stick to the floor but not to the back of the tile; powdery thin-set will stick to neither.

Moisture
    Moisture problems can arise from plumbing leaks or from changes in weather or climate. While tile is designated for use in wet areas, you should still dry any liquids as soon as possible to avoid problems down the road.

Movement
    Movement can occur due to a settling house or because of a weak subfloor. A flimsy subfloor will bend under the weight of the tile and setting materials. To prevent this, you may need to add joists for extra support.

Incorrect Installation
    There are a number of different installation errors that can result in loosening tiles. Proper tools, adhesive spreading and setting techniques all contribute to how securely ceramic tile adheres to a surface.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1989017

BTW, tile is made by clay and marble from stone.

but all natural marble or compressed marble tiles tat i hf seen got no gaps wor...smooth and comfy to walk

my current plc flr tiles r smooth and creamy

Default Maintenance fees

I agree that the maintenance fee is on the high side but most importantly is that they do a very good job. This is key for the long term attractiveness of the property. Many developments would cross the 5 year mark and start looking like 10 year old development. So I suppose it is key for residents and investors collectively keep the pressure on the management agents to ensure that they are on their toes! Well, that is my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by NMJ
    I agree that the maintenance fee is on the high side but most importantly is that they do a very good job. This is key for the long term attractiveness of the property. Many developments would cross the 5 year mark and start looking like 10 year old development. So I suppose it is key for residents and investors collectively keep the pressure on the management agents to ensure that they are on their toes! Well, that is my 2 cents worth.
    You are very good in self consoling, I like your optimism.

went down yesterday to do the defects reporting .. surprisingly, not many defects. my only comments are the kitchen door why painted white (the contractor should paint (a better quality should be sprayed painted and not by hand) the door 1st before installing the glass and the door handle) .. they installed everything and painted the door by hand leaving all the paint marks smeared at the glass and the door handle. next, the storeroom door, at the 1st look at it, everybody thought that the contractor has forgotten to paint the door again after applying the base coat. comment is the door should have been sprayed painted and installed, and not hand painted. otherwise, everything else should be OK

Default Parc Mondrian

For those of you with bathtubs, can you please PM me a photo of the glass screen in front of the bathtub? Mine has not been installed because the stock has not come in, and I'm still deciding whether or not to install it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    For those of you with bathtubs, can you please PM me a photo of the glass screen in front of the bathtub? Mine has not been installed because the stock has not come in, and I'm still deciding whether or not to install it, thanks!
    huh .. is there suppose to be a glass screen installed? mine is without one and i bought it thru sub-sale .. can someone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by vynx
    huh .. is there suppose to be a glass screen installed? mine is without one and i bought it thru sub-sale .. can someone confirm?
    Just confirmed with the developer - glass screen is not in the specs, sorry for the confusion.

anyone know what is the URL of the portal?

record psf ... one of our respected forumers stay here ..

2013-03-21 #XX-XX 936 1,329psf 2007-05-11 699 589,680 2,141 11.6
    Ride at your own risk !!!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-parc-mondrian

nice. why nobody talk about this condo