Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Wow ... Looks like big lucky draw!
    Hopefully I'm able to get one

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Latest:
    More than 600 cheques received as at this hour. Mostly vying for (less than) 221 studio to 1+S units.

Cheques submission cut off strictly at 6pm today. Cheques submitted at 6:01pm will be rejected. Full documents (e.g. IC, marriage cert for multiple purchase, etc.) must also be in by 6pm.

Latest:
    More than 600 cheques received as at this hour. Mostly vying for (less than) 221 studio to 1+S units.

Cheques submission cut off strictly at 6pm today. Cheques submitted at 6:01pm will be rejected. Full documents (e.g. IC, marriage cert for multiple purchase, etc.) must also be in by 6pm.

Very interesting. All the best, Jonathan. Huat ah!
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Great to know the strong demand in this area.
    Latest:

Guys thanks for the well wishes.
    Everyone huat together!
    Stay tuned for the actual prices and actual sales results in a few days!

Guys thanks for the well wishes.
    Everyone huat together!
    Stay tuned for the actual prices and actual sales results in a few days!
    Best wishes to you too for all your efforts and live updates.

Good luck to all the buyers in your balloting

Default The fengshui of Duo by Grandmaster Tan

http://grandmastertan.blogspot.sg/20...us-beauty.html

DUO Residences—Double the Harmonious Beauty

From Grandmaster Tan's blog :

I felt very honoured to be invited as a feng shui consultant for DUO Residences, a S$ 3 billion mixed development in the Bugis precinct that combines prime residences, Grade A offices, a five-star hotel and 80,000 square feet of retail spaces.

This was no ordinary challenge as DUO is situated in between a rock and a hard place—Parkview Square and the Gateway respectively. These two local properties are well-known more for their feng shui ramifications than their aesthetic appeal. The average person’s understanding of feng shui is that buildings should be constructed in a harmonious way, and that sharp edges directed at your property are heavily frowned upon. How then can I work with DUO’s developer, M+S Pte Ltd (the joint venture company formed by Temasek Holdings and Khazanah Nasional) and the world-renowned architect, Bruno Ole Schereen, on constructing harmony in spite of the gigantic Parkview Square restricting qi flow, and the two massive, sharp edges in the East and West wings of the Gateway? Once we overcome these, we can truly maximise DUO’s prime location and connectivity.

Before going into the details, I must first say that I’m very impressed and satisfied with Ole Schereen’s interpretation of the task—he designed two stunning beauties which go beyond being merely iconic embellishments of Singapore’s skyline, more importantly, their circular open spaces create harmony, bringing balance to the Ophir-Rochor area and peace to the people living and working there.

When faced with two imposing structures, many may think of creating something that is even more striking, to overpower the existing Gateway and Parkview Square. But that is really not how feng shui should be practiced. Harmony is the key to peace and a sinuous energy flow. So what we need to do is overcome the immense pressure and excessive qi tunnelled by Gateway’s two sharp edges. We want to rechannel this qi, but yet retain some of the qi to be circulated through the development.

It’s great that Schereen focused on creating spaces instead of creating masses. His touch of genius was creating circular open spaces that give the entire development the ability to “breathe”. On its own, qi cannot be seen as good or bad, it is the balance and organization of qi that is important. Too much qi makes occupants nervous and stressful, but a lack of it would make the entire development feel listless.

Breaking free of the rock and the hard place through the concept of harmony and balance is like two people practicing tai ji. The overarching idea is to create and maintain a balance, by connecting the minds and bodies of these two individuals. The same goes for buildings, reduce the imposing feel if it’s overpowering, and add some commanding presence if it is lacking in the area. Schereen agrees, though he feels that the construction is more akin to two people dancing. He says Singapore is increasingly dominated by isolated concrete towers, leaving us more socially excluded than connected, an irony given that Singapore is ranked as one of Asia’s most livable cities! Whether it’s practicing tai ji or dancing, the idea is to move in sync and in harmony.

That DUO can break free and emerge from in between the rock and the hard place signifies much more. Part of a land parcel exchange agreement signed in 2010 between Prime Minister Lee of Singapore and Prime Minister Najib of Malaysia, DUO was quickly alluded to as the exemplar for future collaborations between the two countries. This joint venture is symbolic of how both countries can work together for the benefit of future generations, thawing the frosty relationship over the last five decades. Besides DUO, Marina One and other projects in Iskandar (Malaysia) will likely bring the two countries ever closer. We can do our part to boost this process by consciously creating harmony and balance in these developments!

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    http://grandmastertan.blogspot.sg/20...us-beauty.html

DUO Residences—Double the Harmonious Beauty

From Grandmaster Tan's blog :

I felt very honoured to be invited as a feng shui consultant for DUO Residences, a S$ 3 billion mixed development in the Bugis precinct that combines prime residences, Grade A offices, a five-star hotel and 80,000 square feet of retail spaces.

This was no ordinary challenge as DUO is situated in between a rock and a hard place—Parkview Square and the Gateway respectively. These two local properties are well-known more for their feng shui ramifications than their aesthetic appeal. The average person’s understanding of feng shui is that buildings should be constructed in a harmonious way, and that sharp edges directed at your property are heavily frowned upon. How then can I work with DUO’s developer, M+S Pte Ltd (the joint venture company formed by Temasek Holdings and Khazanah Nasional) and the world-renowned architect, Bruno Ole Schereen, on constructing harmony in spite of the gigantic Parkview Square restricting qi flow, and the two massive, sharp edges in the East and West wings of the Gateway? Once we overcome these, we can truly maximise DUO’s prime location and connectivity.

Before going into the details, I must first say that I’m very impressed and satisfied with Ole Schereen’s interpretation of the task—he designed two stunning beauties which go beyond being merely iconic embellishments of Singapore’s skyline, more importantly, their circular open spaces create harmony, bringing balance to the Ophir-Rochor area and peace to the people living and working there.

When faced with two imposing structures, many may think of creating something that is even more striking, to overpower the existing Gateway and Parkview Square. But that is really not how feng shui should be practiced. Harmony is the key to peace and a sinuous energy flow. So what we need to do is overcome the immense pressure and excessive qi tunnelled by Gateway’s two sharp edges. We want to rechannel this qi, but yet retain some of the qi to be circulated through the development.

It’s great that Schereen focused on creating spaces instead of creating masses. His touch of genius was creating circular open spaces that give the entire development the ability to “breathe”. On its own, qi cannot be seen as good or bad, it is the balance and organization of qi that is important. Too much qi makes occupants nervous and stressful, but a lack of it would make the entire development feel listless.

Breaking free of the rock and the hard place through the concept of harmony and balance is like two people practicing tai ji. The overarching idea is to create and maintain a balance, by connecting the minds and bodies of these two individuals. The same goes for buildings, reduce the imposing feel if it’s overpowering, and add some commanding presence if it is lacking in the area. Schereen agrees, though he feels that the construction is more akin to two people dancing. He says Singapore is increasingly dominated by isolated concrete towers, leaving us more socially excluded than connected, an irony given that Singapore is ranked as one of Asia’s most livable cities! Whether it’s practicing tai ji or dancing, the idea is to move in sync and in harmony.

That DUO can break free and emerge from in between the rock and the hard place signifies much more. Part of a land parcel exchange agreement signed in 2010 between Prime Minister Lee of Singapore and Prime Minister Najib of Malaysia, DUO was quickly alluded to as the exemplar for future collaborations between the two countries. This joint venture is symbolic of how both countries can work together for the benefit of future generations, thawing the frosty relationship over the last five decades. Besides DUO, Marina One and other projects in Iskandar (Malaysia) will likely bring the two countries ever closer. We can do our part to boost this process by consciously creating harmony and balance in these developments!

Wow thanks for this good read! I have been wanting to find something like this for a long long time already but I didn't know Master Tan has a blog!

Thanks! Now I have more ammunition to my sales pitch.

Hi guys. Can someone enlighten me on 2 questions:

1. What is the structure highlighted in yellow in the floor plan attached?

2. Some floor types have an "M" behind, e.g. Type B1M/B1. What does the "M" mean?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_sg View Post

2. Some floor types have an "M" behind, e.g. Type B1M/B1. What does the "M" mean?

Thanks in advance.
    is that the rubbish chute?

I realise that none of the other one bed floorplans has it though.

Also why for 3rd and 4th floors for some stacks there is the letter 'M' behind the unit type?

Thanks people.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    is that the rubbish chute?

GPGT:

Unblocked view towards Kallang River.
    Kallang Riverside portion is cut off in this model. Does it mean that Kallang Riverside will be shelved?????

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_sg View Post

Thanks in advance.

Yes, is the rubbish chute, realized not all have it

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2 View Post
    Yes, is the rubbish chute, realized not all have it
    I personally prefer the rubbish chute to be outside the apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    I personally prefer the rubbish chute to be outside the apartment.
    Yes, agree.

Internal chute and low floor units is not a good combination.

Last edited by minority; 11-11-13 at 15:07.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

at least I can rent it out soon for those TOP or near TOP.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

The internal rubbish chute will cost you about a couple of $1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Yes, agree.

Internal chute and low floor units is not a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Quantum may be comparable but may not be fair just to compare quantum.
    For example, reviews in pptyguru for Newton edge has been generally poor. Cannot compare the Duo showflat quality and all the great attributes discussed earlier with the quality of unit and development in Newton edge.
    Waterscape is just next to CTE. stand at the edge and the message is clear. Starlight is a MM dept. No right or wrong, all condos have their admirers depending on individual needs, those who bought Newton edge at launch got laughed at but they have the last laugh. prices have doubled.
    but as Sunboy has pointed out, how many comparable devpts like Duo will there ever be in the next 10 years?

the way grand master Tan draw his diagram looks like woman's reproductive organ to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Quantum may be comparable but may not be fair just to compare quantum.
    For example, reviews in pptyguru for Newton edge has been generally poor. Cannot compare the Duo showflat quality and all the great attributes discussed earlier with the quality of unit and development in Newton edge.
    Waterscape is just next to CTE. stand at the edge and the message is clear. Starlight is a MM dept. No right or wrong, all condos have their admirers depending on individual needs, those who bought Newton edge at launch got laughed at but they have the last laugh. prices have doubled.
    but as Sunboy has pointed out, how many comparable devpts like Duo will there ever be in the next 10 years?
    Duo beside hospital to some thats bad luck.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Duo beside hospital to some thats bad luck.
    Hee hee the rich people at Nassim Rd and Soleil all still doing very well.

Yesterday (last day of showflat opening before the balloting) saw the most ferocious crowd that I have seen in the last two weeks, drawing the number of submitters for those 200+ units near to 800. Yes I'd have to use the word 'ferocious' cos it was as if DUO is machiam FOC....

Check out the long queue of agents submitting cheques:

Saw this Indian national writing 4 cheques. Lucky agent.

Anyone knows which are the most popular unit types? Stacks?

sunboy, with 800 plus cheques, that means those bidding for single unit studios (stacks 8 & 16) will have no chance come 15 Nov?

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2 View Post
    sunboy, with 800 plus cheques, that means those bidding for single unit studios (stacks 8 & 16) will have no chance come 15 Nov?
    Hi ekl. I would say chances are extremely slim.
    Even 1BRs below $1.3m also slim chances...
    I have told ALL my clients to start looking at 1BRs and up. Chances for studios is as good as zilch cos of the VVIP and multiple units buyers a day and two earlier.

But don't fret, got try means got chance!

Any chance they might open up units above 19th floor?

800+ I supposed only for CBRE? There's still other agencies to contend with.
    Looks like not much chance
    Hi ekl. I would say chances are extremely slim.
    Even 1BRs below $1.3m also slim chances...
    I have told ALL my clients to start looking at 1BRs and up. Chances for studios is as good as zilch cos of the VVIP and multiple units buyers a day and two earlier.

But don't fret, got try means got chance!

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55 View Post
    800+ I supposed only for CBRE? There's still other agencies to contend with.
    Looks like not much chance
    No no. 800 across all 3 agencies.