Page 198 of 200 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200 LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Sorry, but your statements are highly contradictory did you realise that? Your original statement was on the closing rent for studio was 2500, and two bedders that cost 1.7m being rented at 3k plus.

While this is an open market with no obstacles against owners renting at this price, I find it baffling, as my neighbours found tenants within 2 weeks at 4-5.3% yield. Either the agent who rented out the 2k plus unit seriously wasn't looking around much, or the owners chose to rent at such prices.

Either way, you are absolutely right about yield. Yield sucks everywhere now where it comes to properties, so perhaps if you are looking for yield of 5-10%, you should be looking at equities, not properties.

Which part is contradictory?

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Sorry, but your statements are highly contradictory did you realise that? Your original statement was on the closing rent for studio was 2500, and two bedders that cost 1.7m being rented at 3k plus.

While this is an open market with no obstacles against owners renting at this price, I find it baffling, as my neighbours found tenants within 2 weeks at 4-5.3% yield. Either the agent who rented out the 2k plus unit seriously wasn't looking around much, or the owners chose to rent at such prices.

Either way, you are absolutely right about yield. Yield sucks everywhere now where it comes to properties, so perhaps if you are looking for yield of 5-10%, you should be looking at equities, not properties.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I have my own source

But yeah, let's wait for caveat then. Even without hard numbers, my thoughts:-

4% yield of a 1.05M studio = 3.5k a month. 5.3% = 4.6k.
    Even if it is a 950k studio (bear in mind average transacted price is around 1.05M for studio), 4% = 3.1k. 5.3% = 4.2k

A check on propertyguru shows many units asking 3k to 3.2k only.
    Sorry I don't know which propertyguru website you are looking at, but the one which I saw, does not have "many units asking for 3-3.2k only".

The 420sqft studios were launched at prices that are as low as 9xxk. Even at 3k per month of rent, yield remains decent in my view. However, it goes back to my original point - yield for properties in Sgp sucks at current prices. Of course if yours was bought before 2010, yield can be great, depending on location and timing.

There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Sorry I don't know which propertyguru website you are looking at, but the one which I saw, does not have "many units asking for 3-3.2k only".

The 420sqft studios were launched at prices that are as low as 9xxk. Even at 3k per month of rent, yield remains decent in my view. However, it goes back to my original point - yield for properties in Sgp sucks at current prices. Of course if yours was bought before 2010, yield can be great, depending on location and timing.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I have my own source

But yeah, let's wait for caveat then. Even without hard numbers, my thoughts:-

4% yield of a 1.05M studio = 3.5k a month. 5.3% = 4.6k.
    Even if it is a 950k studio (bear in mind average transacted price is around 1.05M for studio), 4% = 3.1k. 5.3% = 4.2k

A check on propertyguru shows many units asking 3k to 3.2k only.
    Looks like there r many agents in this forum