Page 199 of 200 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200 LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Actually the entrance link from Duo to the future underground walkway has already been built years ago. It is at the far end of the Duo Galleria which is shuttered now, awaiting the Beach Road site to be tendered and completed. This Kelong project has years ago wanted higher footfall across Duo Galleria for those who are going to and fro from the 2 train stations. Beach Road guys got to walk past these shops.

The likely sequence is this.

Bugis MRT (EWL/DTL) -> Duo Galleria -> new Beach Road building -> Suntec Tower 4 (hope its an underground too). One can effectively walk from Suntec to Bugis MRT. Yes, bigger tenant pool awaits but that will be ~5 years from now.

In short, don't cash out so quickly. Many more things happening in D7 around Duo.

PropVestor

Q15 of the Q&A is interesting.
    IF Shaw Towers becomes amalgamated with the Beach Road site, then an underground link into South Beach becomes a very real possibility.
    The entrance to Esplanade MRT (Circle Line) is at South Beach, and the underground link also leads to City Hall (EW and NS line interchange). When this finally happens, Duo will be linked via underground tunnels to the EW, Downtown, Circle and NS lines.

Let's see how it all pans out. Keeping fingers crossed.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/land-sale...each-rd-l.aspx

Was at their launch in 2013, think there are not many 420sfeet studios (15-20 at most), highest floor for studios around #20

lowest floor was around 910k and highest around 1.1m, average around 1m

rental for this size should range 2.8 to 3.2k based on current CBD market rental, it has new condo advantage

With short term rentals under new law, these CBD studios can be rented higher on shorter lease

Just look at Robinson suites at TOP, proper 1 roomers were rented out very cheap <3k, now better at average 3k

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.
    My CSO told me their team is small, only about 50+ owners collected their keys out of 660. A few added every other day. Some will avoid the Ghost Festival. Lots of them who posted in PG now are testing water. I refuse to join this fishing game. I got some offers but my defect check is only near completion.

It is true that today rental yield sucks. Hope you did not buy one unit here Thomas.

PropVestor

There was a small test batch of owners (those who requested for early collection of keys) in Bay wing who collected their keys upfront. This will help M+S team learn how to scale the process.

Heard from Obayashi folks that they have been prepped that keys collection will scale up after next week. Hence they have all been told to wrap up whatever defect work they have with the early batch, cos hundreds of owners will be collecting keys soon.
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 1 Week Ago at 04:25 PM.

By the way, this is worth a visit the next time u are at Duo. Their food is good, besides the gin.

http://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/ar...-bar-singapore