Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208
Results 1,036 to 1,038 of 1038

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by bossa View Post
    Hi,

Not sure if any Duo unit owner here is planning of cover up the balcony areas with retractable frameless glass panels or weather proof blinds to keep the afternoon sun out? I like to hear from you and below is what I found on the URA website

URA website specifies the following in regards to enclosing a balcony .
    S/N : 33
    Installation of grilles/screens to approved balconies in all residential developments, provided that
    1. the balconies had been approved as covered balconies, and ,
    2. the balconies comply with the requisite building setback.
    URA's approval is not required if the screens are retractable and allow the balcony to be naturally ventilated at
    all times . Please ensure that necessary approval from the Management Corporation is obtained.
    S / N : 34
    Enclosing of approved balconies by glass/window in landed housing developments only, including strata-landed housing developments,
    provided that:
    1. the balconies had been approved as covered balconies, and
    2. the balconies comply with the requisite building setback.
    In which case no approval is required to be taken from URA

Can I use any of the above to enclose my balcony in at the Duo, high floor unit facing the west afternoon sun.
    If you read your Duo owner's guide instead of referring to the URA guidelines, there is specific dos and don'ts. That should come in useful in your decision.

New homeowner here... just got my keys to Duo couple of weeks ago and current going through the defect reporting etc...
    Wondering whether there is anything particular I should take note of?
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamz View Post
    New homeowner here... just got my keys to Duo couple of weeks ago and current going through the defect reporting etc...
    Wondering whether there is anything particular I should take note of?
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Cheers
    Congrats to you. You must be a high floor owner to get your keys so late.

I am actually very happy with the quality of the finishing and do not have any major issues with the interior. As this development took 4 years to build, you might want to look out for rubber seals and adjoining wall to false ceiling lines which will occur over time due to temperature change. My unit has no afternoon sun and I have heard wooden flooring of other units having issues due to this. Not so much the quality but due to the lack of curtains and heat protection.

The only other is the folding balcony door which I had, that one has some issues with complete seal which I hope you do not encounter.

My tenant has yet to complain so far as they have 30 days to complain of defects.

Enjoy your new home/investment.

PropVestor