Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

I asked the developer and was told "subject to contractors schedule and readiness of each unit". Will just have to be patient I guess.

A lot of Contractors are still working around the development. Most are very friendly and nice.
    If you guys are lucky, may be able to find one or two working on your floor, and willing to open up and show you your unit.

Dont they have access card or alike to access the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    Dont they have access card or alike to access the floor?
    Higher floors not TOP yet. Still have ceilings floorings F&F to be done

Becareful ..... Orangtee agents are all over the place from basement carpark to concierge to the outdoor area. They claimed they have prospective tenant. Only to turn up in their own to ask for yr access card and key.
    Waste yr time only

Then what's their purpose in getting your access card?

repeated post

Quote Originally Posted by lec50000 View Post
    Becareful ..... Orangtee agents are all over the place from basement carpark to concierge to the outdoor area. They claimed they have prospective tenant. Only to turn up in their own to ask for yr access card and key.
    Waste yr time only
    Agree. Basically the owner of a level 3 unit entrusted them with keys and access card to his unit. With that, the whole tag team is now staking out the development, and aggressively selling their services to any possible Duo owner. Can be irritating when they get too pushy.
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 30-07-17 at 14:18.

TOP is by block and not by floor. It is rather unusual.
    Higher floors not TOP yet. Still have ceilings floorings F&F to be done

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    It is true. This is not a usual, run of mill condo development, this is a $4,000 million mixed development.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    To be fair, the developer has its own defect inspection team marking out the defects and doing the rectification work prior to handover. They spotted a tiny scratch in the glass panel of my master bedroom's balcony sliding door, which I did not even notice. Obayashi Contractors are all over the development rectifying defects now, before the owners can be contacted for keys collection. Hence that's why the handover of keys is so slow, despite the buildings having received TOP.

Having said that, I thought really kudos to the team for making keys collection a breeze . My unit was cleaned, floor was well mopped, and even the cabinets and horizontal surfaces were wiped clean. Four pairs of bespoke Duo plush slippers were waiting for us at the entryway, and the electricity supply has been turned on so there's air conditioning in the unit (developer pays for electricity bill for first three days). Even the fridge has four bottles of Duo distilled water for us, and the bathrooms were stocked with Duo embroidered hand towels. It's the details that matter, at the end of the day.

The provision of bathroom slippers rare not new. Some gave wine and champagne. Obayashi is probably one of the better Main Contractors.
    Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    To be fair, the developer has its own defect inspection team marking out the defects and doing the rectification work prior to handover. They spotted a tiny scratch in the glass panel of my master bedroom's balcony sliding door, which I did not even notice. Obayashi Contractors are all over the development rectifying defects now, before the owners can be contacted for keys collection. Hence that's why the handover of keys is so slow, despite the buildings having received TOP.

Having said that, I thought really kudos to the team for making keys collection a breeze . My unit was cleaned, floor was well mopped, and even the cabinets and horizontal surfaces were wiped clean. Four pairs of bespoke Duo plush slippers were waiting for us at the entryway, and the electricity supply has been turned on so there's air conditioning in the unit (developer pays for electricity bill for first three days). Even the fridge has four bottles of Duo distilled water for us, and the bathrooms were stocked with Duo embroidered hand towels. It's the details that matter, at the end of the day.

Hey bro, good to see all the old friends back! U still at Potong Pasir?

They door keys cannot be made locally for security purposes. They are made in Switzerland. Need to take 4-6 weeks for duplicate. Better hold them tight.

Looking at the URA tender docs for the Beach Road site, it is a requirement for the successful tenderer to build an underground link way between Duo and Beach Road site. What is curious is that the underground link is to be U-shaped, with the other end stopping at the road boundary towards Gateway. Perhaps there may be a future requirement for Gateway to also link up?

The tender requirements are interesting. The Beach Road site is to also build a 4m wide pedestrian bridge into Suntec. So effectively a tenant can work in Suntec, and walk back to Duo.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps/?service...LEASE&site=880
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 10-08-17 at 18:43.

Looking at the URA tender docs for the Beach Road site, it is a requirement for the successful tenderer to build an underground link way between Duo and Beach Road site. What is curious is that the underground link is to be U-shaped, with the other end stopping at the road boundary towards Gateway. Perhaps there may be a future requirement for Gateway to also link up?

The tender requirements are interesting. The Beach Road site is to also build a 4m wide pedestrian bridge into Suntec. So effectively a tenant can work in Suntec, and walk back to Duo.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps/?service...LEASE&site=880
    Actually the entrance link from Duo to the future underground walkway has already been built years ago. It is at the far end of the Duo Galleria which is shuttered now, awaiting the Beach Road site to be tendered and completed. This Kelong project has years ago wanted higher footfall across Duo Galleria for those who are going to and fro from the 2 train stations. Beach Road guys got to walk past these shops.

The likely sequence is this.

Bugis MRT (EWL/DTL) -> Duo Galleria -> new Beach Road building -> Suntec Tower 4 (hope its an underground too). One can effectively walk from Suntec to Bugis MRT. Yes, bigger tenant pool awaits but that will be ~5 years from now.

In short, don't cash out so quickly. Many more things happening in D7 around Duo.

PropVestor

A lot of power buyers at Duo.
    Was told that two level 49 penthouses were bought by the same buyer, who requested for the units to come bare (i.e. without tiling and kitchen cabinet/wardrobe fittings) as he will be getting his own team to do the retrofit.

Another 2 high floor 4-bedroom (different owners this time) spent almost $2mil with the same ID company. The ceilings are covered with undulating wood panels, the walls are covered with marble slabs.... nice....

I'd rather spend $2mil buying another property, than two renovate two apartments. If any of these units belong to the fellow Bro/Sis within this forum, do share the pics!

Rental yield is pretty bad for this project. Studio were transacted average 1.05M but closing rental is like 2.5k only. 2 bedders even worse. Average 1.7M but renting out on the higher end of 3k. Can't even pay the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Rental yield is pretty bad for this project. Studio were transacted average 1.05M but closing rental is like 2.5k only. 2 bedders even worse. Average 1.7M but renting out on the higher end of 3k. Can't even pay the bank.
    Errr where u got info from? I know of three actual rental contracts signed so far, all at 4-5.3% yield. Anyway the caveat lodgement will soon be out.

Now a day less on rental yield more on capital appreciation and hedge against inflation also more on tenants help pay interest.

Owners... dont be sway by these irresponsible agents... this is a up market development. Not any cats or dogs dewellings

Owners... dont be sway by these irresponsible agents... this is a up market development. Not any cats or dogs dewellings
    Wow, time are bad. 2010 4K no problem now 3.6k also rent @ Southbank.

The agent cannot talk down market, the market is very open.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIW.../search.action
    Last edited by Arcachon; 12-08-17 at 16:16.

Condo 3 Bedrooms NORMANTON PARK furnished aircon $2.5k.

The Sail @ Marina Bay, 2 bedrooms; 883 sqft Beautiful Bay view Immaculate condition Asking $5.1k. Immediate availability.

The good thing about open market is if you don't rent, your neighbour will rent. Another thing I learn about rental is after seeing your unit vacant for 2 months, you will be desperate.

I have my own source

But yeah, let's wait for caveat then. Even without hard numbers, my thoughts:-

4% yield of a 1.05M studio = 3.5k a month. 5.3% = 4.6k.
    Even if it is a 950k studio (bear in mind average transacted price is around 1.05M for studio), 4% = 3.1k. 5.3% = 4.2k

A check on propertyguru shows many units asking 3k to 3.2k only.

Errr where u got info from? I know of three actual rental contracts signed so far, all at 4-5.3% yield. Anyway the caveat lodgement will soon be out.

Sorry, but your statements are highly contradictory did you realise that? Your original statement was on the closing rent for studio was 2500, and two bedders that cost 1.7m being rented at 3k plus.

While this is an open market with no obstacles against owners renting at this price, I find it baffling, as my neighbours found tenants within 2 weeks at 4-5.3% yield. Either the agent who rented out the 2k plus unit seriously wasn't looking around much, or the owners chose to rent at such prices.

Either way, you are absolutely right about yield. Yield sucks everywhere now where it comes to properties, so perhaps if you are looking for yield of 5-10%, you should be looking at equities, not properties.

Which part is contradictory?

Sorry, but your statements are highly contradictory did you realise that? Your original statement was on the closing rent for studio was 2500, and two bedders that cost 1.7m being rented at 3k plus.

While this is an open market with no obstacles against owners renting at this price, I find it baffling, as my neighbours found tenants within 2 weeks at 4-5.3% yield. Either the agent who rented out the 2k plus unit seriously wasn't looking around much, or the owners chose to rent at such prices.

Either way, you are absolutely right about yield. Yield sucks everywhere now where it comes to properties, so perhaps if you are looking for yield of 5-10%, you should be looking at equities, not properties.

I have my own source

Even if it is a 950k studio (bear in mind average transacted price is around 1.05M for studio), 4% = 3.1k. 5.3% = 4.2k

Sorry I don't know which propertyguru website you are looking at, but the one which I saw, does not have "many units asking for 3-3.2k only".

The 420sqft studios were launched at prices that are as low as 9xxk. Even at 3k per month of rent, yield remains decent in my view. However, it goes back to my original point - yield for properties in Sgp sucks at current prices. Of course if yours was bought before 2010, yield can be great, depending on location and timing.

There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.

Sorry I don't know which propertyguru website you are looking at, but the one which I saw, does not have "many units asking for 3-3.2k only".

The 420sqft studios were launched at prices that are as low as 9xxk. Even at 3k per month of rent, yield remains decent in my view. However, it goes back to my original point - yield for properties in Sgp sucks at current prices. Of course if yours was bought before 2010, yield can be great, depending on location and timing.

I have my own source

Looks like there r many agents in this forum