Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by CCR View Post
    That is really fast... less than a year and foundation is complete...

Obayashi is different....
    Have you went down to see the site? its so neat and tidy, our local main con should learn from the japanese
    Cannot compare... obayashi more than 100yrs already and they are at space age technology.

Not many construction companies in the world have their own research institutes. Obayashi is one and shimizhu is the other. They even played music on site when people work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    Cannot compare... obayashi more than 100yrs already and they are at space age technology.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Not many construction companies in the world have their own research institutes. Obayashi is one and shimizhu is the other. They even played music on site when people work.
    OMG Really! Thanks for the Info! This is news to Me! So confirm good workmanship ?

DUO progress street view taken on 15th of Jan 2015

DUO-Jan202015.JPG

Have you heard who is the operator of the 5 star Hotel?
    Hyatt hotel

just curious, what is the average selling psf now given the current market profile?

Already one unit of Duo is sold at lost. Odd case but worthy to note that someone gained at the expense of this first buyer.
    http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/co...nces-sold-loss

Really depends on what stack/facing/floor you are looking at. One thing for sure, the trends are southwards due to the oversupply. You can count on good yields only if you have long term holding power to see Ophir-Rochor corridor becoming a reality (extension of Marina FC and CBD) like what the masterplan claims. Its just a plan. Will it come to fruition I have no doubt but when?

There are 2 factors within the control of the government which really controls the property 'market' here. There isn't a free market to speak of....strictly.
    1) Lawrence Wong opens the door to address the faltering demand. ~90% of us are already home owners and our population growth is at the lowest growth pace. Simple calculation will tell you that demand will dry up very quickly. With such a bumper supply, there is hardly anyone else to buy with the current population pool strapped by TDSR. Since we are home owners, we also do not want our largest asset to sink too much. Don't forget that it has risen tremendously in the last 8 years. Time to swallow the bitter pill.
    2) Remove the cooling measures. It is unlikely in the next 3-5 years. With Singaporeans still holding jobs and interest rates still manageable, we are not cash strapped bearing any black swan events like financial crisis. In fact, there is a possible 'rubber band' effect. Locals are holding out for good buys. You can see that when a good project is launched, units will move like Principal Garden. Government see this and they will continue to depress prices to hold back this rubber band. This is not a bad thing to prevent bubble bursting. They see the big picture. Once these measures are removed, prices will shoot up. So it is here to stay for the medium term. First time buyers will benefit.

I am wondering if me and my wife made the right move buying a unit there nearly 2 years ago from M+S.

Take a look at the price charts from Property Guru as a guide.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...duo-residences

My 2 cents.

73. Duo Residences @ Fraser Street D07 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/734247310040877/

Duo owners should get a newsletter titled 'City Pulse'. This is the first time I seen such a newsletter to let owners know of its progress and surrounding developments. Like the art pieces sculpted by artists from both countries to the Marina area events. Also, the Virgin Active gym at Marina One is really expansive. Duo owners will have to settle for California gym nearby or use the in-house ones.

These 2 developments are truly unique.

Anyone saw the advertisement on Strait times about DUO Topping out ... I dont remember seeing other projects having such advertisement ... anyone know what is it for?

yup .. the topping out refers to the completion of the highest feature of the buidling .. I think its quite good to create some vibe for such an outstanding project.

Duo Residences
    #16-08 (Type A1) Studio
    Area: 420 sqft
    Asking price: $1.11m @$2,643psf

Drop out units
    one and only Studio unit at duo residences
    Hurry call me now before its gone

Serene wong

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer forever View Post
    Duo Residences
    #16-08 (Type A1) Studio
    Area: 420 sqft
    Asking price: $1.11m @$2,643psf

Drop out units
    one and only Studio unit at duo residences
    Hurry call me now before its gone

Serene wong
    DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $983000 2342psf 05-DEC-2013 crap. they raised the price by > 10%?!?!??!?!

resold at 1.08m

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $983000 2342psf 05-DEC-2013 crap. they raised the price by > 10%?!?!??!?!
    223 DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $1080000 2573psf 14-JUL-2016 7 99 Years Leasehold Uncompleted New Sale Apartment Strata 1
    224 DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $983000 2342psf 05-DEC-2013 7 99 Yrs From 01/07/2011 Uncompleted New Sale Apartment Strata 1

From the looks of current development speed, Duo Tower (Office and Hotel) will likely open first then followed by residence. I saw them testing the office lights at night.
    I am estimating Q2 2017 to hand over keys. What do you guys think? Its been a good 4 years of long wait... ...

I was told Duo Tower (office tower) will TOP Dec 2016. Half of the office tower has been accounted for. Looks like they are pitching rather competitive rental rates for Grade A offices. My HR has been contacted to take a look.

Drove passed by last few nights ... seems like they are testing the office lighting ... looks pretty awesome!

haha I might just keep the 1 bedder as a weekend home!

I was shown the Duo Tower (office) catalogue. It looks pretty decent and reminds me of MBFC with very high ceilings. Only lower floors are available for rent now. Last thing M+S wants are empty offices and the whole place looks very lifeless. As it is just outside the CBD gantry, it will be slightly lower than South Beach. For limited time only, the rental is very close to Gateway's which to me is a no-brainer. But for how long, I am unsure though.

For those who wanted a pedestrian link to Suntec City via B3, you got your wish! It will be built with retail component. Therefore, you can technically walk from Bugis-Suntec and then to City Hall via City Link without having to weather any rain, sunlight or haze! Good news for Duo Residence owners who can tap on an expanded tenant pool in this soft rental market.

From quick calculations, Duo Tower office workers, residences and Hyatt Andaz guests get to enjoy over 200 shopping+dining options with Duo Galleria, Haji Lane, Bugis Junction, Bugis Plus and Suntec city combined within 3-8 mins walk.

If anyone is keen to install track guided indoor/outdoor blinds (no gaps) and retractable insect screens . Pls call 98806538 for measure and quote.

Products are all made in Australia!

Www.auszip.com.sg

www.facebook.com/auszip/

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    I was shown the Duo Tower (office) catalogue. It looks pretty decent and reminds me of MBFC with very high ceilings. Only lower floors are available for rent now. Last thing M+S wants are empty offices and the whole place looks very lifeless. As it is just outside the CBD gantry, it will be slightly lower than South Beach. For limited time only, the rental is very close to Gateway's which to me is a no-brainer. But for how long, I am unsure though.

For those who wanted a pedestrian link to Suntec City via B3, you got your wish! It will be built with retail component. Therefore, you can technically walk from Bugis-Suntec and then to City Hall via City Link without having to weather any rain, sunlight or haze! Good news for Duo Residence owners who can tap on an expanded tenant pool in this soft rental market.

From quick calculations, Duo Tower office workers, residences and Hyatt Andaz guests get to enjoy over 200 shopping+dining options with Duo Galleria, Haji Lane, Bugis Junction, Bugis Plus and Suntec city combined within 3-8 mins walk.
    I thought the underground link will only be completed when the reserved site at beach road beside shaw Centre is tendered out and completed ?

I thought the underground link will only be completed when the reserved site at beach road beside shaw Centre is tendered out and completed ?
    How did you know of this may I ask? I ask coz Duo Tower brochure did not mention any timeline. I am curious to know too. I personally think the timeline to build this link should not be proxy to this site tender and due completion. I use the logic of linking 2 major commercial developments which should not be beholden to a much smaller site (also unknown outcome at this point). I will be surprised if they did. I think a linkway to this development afterwards is not out of question. I sure hope they do that.

Feel free to shed some light if you have more information about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    How did you know of this may I ask? I ask coz Duo Tower brochure did not mention any timeline. I am curious to know too. I personally think the timeline to build this link should not be proxy to this site tender and due completion. I use the logic of linking 2 major commercial developments which should not be beholden to a much smaller site (also unknown outcome at this point). I will be surprised if they did. I think a linkway to this development afterwards is not out of question. I sure hope they do that.

Feel free to shed some light if you have more information about this.
    Cant remember where I read this exactly, I believe it was from URA tender document for the reserved site. Nowadays when URA tendered out a site they will include the building of a linkway to the neighbouring building. I believe Duo is to build the linkway to Gateway, and Gateway to the reserve site and the winner of the reserved site to Suntec city.

Hi, for those whom had collected your keys to your home recently, feel free to download a copy of the defect inspection checklist here to guide you along.

http://ngidstudio.com/defect-inspect...ion-checklist/

Heard some are paying up another 5%

Just heard tha duo office tower just top

Does anyone knows when the residences will TOP?

2 more blue sites along Beach Road to be released for GLS H12017. They are office/retail sites which will further jazz up the demand for rental units in the immediate vicinity. This is positive news for all owners who are investing in D7 especially Duo which will be the second newest development in the area after CityLights (approximate TOP 2019) once these offices are completed post 2020.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-roo...16/dec/pr16-81

Putting out for tender might not necessary translate to an actual sale. I know of another hotel site in D7 opposite Village Hotel Bugis which was unsuccessful in its bidding. Instead, Boss Hotel along Lavender went ahead first.

Are there anymore development that you guys know of in the area? Or are we all waiting for URA 2018 Master Plan for the next move.

Received notice TOP for residences probably in May

Quote Originally Posted by lec50000 View Post
    Received notice TOP for residences probably in May
    That is awesome!

I have not had any update from my lawyer.