Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 49141924293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1091

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Actually the entrance link from Duo to the future underground walkway has already been built years ago. It is at the far end of the Duo Galleria which is shuttered now, awaiting the Beach Road site to be tendered and completed. This Kelong project has years ago wanted higher footfall across Duo Galleria for those who are going to and fro from the 2 train stations. Beach Road guys got to walk past these shops.

The likely sequence is this.

Bugis MRT (EWL/DTL) -> Duo Galleria -> new Beach Road building -> Suntec Tower 4 (hope its an underground too). One can effectively walk from Suntec to Bugis MRT. Yes, bigger tenant pool awaits but that will be ~5 years from now.

In short, don't cash out so quickly. Many more things happening in D7 around Duo.

PropVestor

Q15 of the Q&A is interesting.
    IF Shaw Towers becomes amalgamated with the Beach Road site, then an underground link into South Beach becomes a very real possibility.
    The entrance to Esplanade MRT (Circle Line) is at South Beach, and the underground link also leads to City Hall (EW and NS line interchange). When this finally happens, Duo will be linked via underground tunnels to the EW, Downtown, Circle and NS lines.

Let's see how it all pans out. Keeping fingers crossed.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/land-sale...each-rd-l.aspx

Was at their launch in 2013, think there are not many 420sfeet studios (15-20 at most), highest floor for studios around #20

lowest floor was around 910k and highest around 1.1m, average around 1m

rental for this size should range 2.8 to 3.2k based on current CBD market rental, it has new condo advantage

With short term rentals under new law, these CBD studios can be rented higher on shorter lease

Just look at Robinson suites at TOP, proper 1 roomers were rented out very cheap <3k, now better at average 3k

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.

There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.
    My CSO told me their team is small, only about 50+ owners collected their keys out of 660. A few added every other day. Some will avoid the Ghost Festival. Lots of them who posted in PG now are testing water. I refuse to join this fishing game. I got some offers but my defect check is only near completion.

It is true that today rental yield sucks. Hope you did not buy one unit here Thomas.

PropVestor

There was a small test batch of owners (those who requested for early collection of keys) in Bay wing who collected their keys upfront. This will help M+S team learn how to scale the process.

Heard from Obayashi folks that they have been prepped that keys collection will scale up after next week. Hence they have all been told to wrap up whatever defect work they have with the early batch, cos hundreds of owners will be collecting keys soon.
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 13-08-17 at 16:25.

By the way, this is worth a visit the next time u are at Duo. Their food is good, besides the gin.

http://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/ar...-bar-singapore

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    There was a small test batch of owners (those who requested for early collection of keys) in Bay wing who collected their keys upfront. This will help M+S team learn how to scale the process.

Heard from Obayashi folks that they have been prepped that keys collection will scale up after next week. Hence they have all been told to wrap up whatever defect work they have with the early batch, cos hundreds of owners will be collecting keys soon.
    Great to know that. The 50m pool is only ready on the 16th Aug. Not sure why these 'tenants' want to move in when so many faculties are not even ready. Only the 31st storey gym is ready.

Anyway, renovations for me will start soon. Hopefully all goes well. We need more life in Duo. Way too quiet.

PropVestor

By the way, this is worth a visit the next time u are at Duo. Their food is good, besides the gin.

http://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/ar...-bar-singapore
    The Altas bar is nice ... i checked out Tono as well last week ... food is good and had too much Pisco Sour

and no ... i have not gotten my keys yet

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    The Altas bar is nice ... i checked out Tono as well last week ... food is good and had too much Pisco Sour

and no ... i have not gotten my keys yet
    Should be soon... like propvestor, the bunch of us who collected keys early had no access to facilities, and for the first week, the whole place was like a construction site.

Now with the hoardings gone, it's looking much nicer. Facilities will be available from next week. Anyway M+S has been collating all the common areas of defects raised by the first test batch and getting Obayashi to correct them for the rest of the units. The Obayashi guys told me M+S went through three rounds of defects checks with them already. So in a way, the folks who collected keys later really didn't miss out anything much all.

Quick question. Does anyone know what are the advantages of buying into a White site of 6.0 PR (Duo) versus a Blue (very likely mixed used) site in Beach Road? I was told that White sites have more flexibility to change its use even after the project is completed whereas a Blue site has to follow strict URA stipulated conditions of GFA planning.

Does that mean that if Andaz one day want to expand its room count, it can potentially one day take over the office stack to be changed over to rooms?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As an investor, we want a site to change according to tastes and market demands. I am just looking ahead on how long an owner like myself can hold on to an investment in a white site that can potentially evolve over time compared to other development nearby.

Fast forward 10+ years from now, can Duo do a major revamp and change its mixed use? That to me is very interesting as it can give a distinct advantage over nearby sites. This can change the holding game plan for the mid-long term.

PropVestor

Actually it would be interesting to know what would happened when the 99 years leased expired ... considering the lands owns my Malaysia Govt ...

Anyway I wont live that long to see it ...

Quick question. Does anyone know what are the advantages of buying into a White site of 6.0 PR (Duo) versus a Blue (very likely mixed used) site in Beach Road? I was told that White sites have more flexibility to change its use even after the project is completed whereas a Blue site has to follow strict URA stipulated conditions of GFA planning.

Does that mean that if Andaz one day want to expand its room count, it can potentially one day take over the office stack to be changed over to rooms?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As an investor, we want a site to change according to tastes and market demands. I am just looking ahead on how long an owner like myself can hold on to an investment in a white site that can potentially evolve over time compared to other development nearby.

Fast forward 10+ years from now, can Duo do a major revamp and change its mixed use? That to me is very interesting as it can give a distinct advantage over nearby sites. This can change the holding game plan for the mid-long term.

PropVestor

"The app will serve as a one-stop interface for services such as e-booking of residential facilities, concierge services and restaurant reservation." Ready in Q42017

https://www.edgeprop.sg/content/ms-d...na-one-and-duo

Congrats to owners of DUO Residences !

I focus on tenancy to expats and serve landlords mainly with CBD properties.
    DUO Residences is the latest project we shortlist for our expats coming in soon.

Do give me a call or text. Happy holiday.

Warm Regards from Jessica, 96347898

This thread has gotten quiet. presume everyone has either rented out, or settled in comfortably, or busy with settling in after collecting keys.

By the way, Andaz Singapore is open for booking. Ideas for staycation during school hols, especially for those who have rented their Duo units out.

https://singapore.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Default Pets allowed?

This thread has gotten quiet. presume everyone has either rented out, or settled in comfortably, or busy with settling in after collecting keys.

By the way, Andaz Singapore is open for booking. Ideas for staycation during school hols, especially for those who have rented their Duo units out.

https://singapore.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
    Pets allowed?

I have not got my keys yet ...

Some residents are already moving in

You want to check with your lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by lec50000 View Post
    Some residents are already moving in
    My tenant moved in for a few weeks too...

Kellogs, yup should check with your lawyer.

Hi.
    Rental rate good?got $8psf?

My tenant moved in for a few weeks too...

Kellogs, yup should check with your lawyer.
    I have checked with my lawyer and she said developer has not contacted them ...

Quote Originally Posted by lec50000 View Post
    Hi.
    Rental rate good?got $8psf?
    Mine isn't a studio/one-bedder, hence cannot get $8psf. But am quite satisfied. Close to $6psf.

anyway developer called me and mentioned my units are not ready ...

If it helps, there are still patches of work going all over. The carpark ramp is closed till end of this week and you will have to drive against the traffic to get to the basement carpark. If you do not want to see or experience all these inconveniences, taking keys later might not be a bad idea.

Thumbs up

If it helps, there are still patches of work going all over. The carpark ramp is closed till end of this week and you will have to drive against the traffic to get to the basement carpark. If you do not want to see or experience all these inconveniences, taking keys later might not be a bad idea.

Ya, saw gondola still hanging externally

Talking

Rental yield is pretty bad for this project. Studio were transacted average 1.05M but closing rental is like 2.5k only. 2 bedders even worse. Average 1.7M but renting out on the higher end of 3k. Can't even pay the bank.
    Now that the caveats are out on URA, I wonder where was his so-called closing rental of $2500 for studio, and 3k plus rental for 2-bedder....

Now that the caveats are out on URA, I wonder where was his so-called closing rental of $2500 for studio, and 3k plus rental for 2-bedder....
    Should be from the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Should be from the air.
    Ya.Dont be fool by these unscrupulous agents

By the way, more food outlets are sprouting up at Duo Galleria. Popped by Pizza Express (same as the one at Scotts Square) for dinner. Saw that Yoshinoya, F-Innovators (behind a chain of restaurants) and a wine bar are all renovating their premises.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So facts has proven that this thomastansb is pretty much a liar? (like minority!)

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Rental yield is pretty bad for this project. Studio were transacted average 1.05M but closing rental is like 2.5k only. 2 bedders even worse. Average 1.7M but renting out on the higher end of 3k. Can't even pay the bank.

By the way, more food outlets are sprouting up at Duo Galleria. Popped by Pizza Express (same as the one at Scotts Square) for dinner. Saw that Yoshinoya, F-Innovators (behind a chain of restaurants) and a wine bar are all renovating their premises.
    Sure hope to see more movement in terms of commercial tenants.

I am also looking forward to the Beach Road site tender announcements next week. Curious how much land price has moved since 2011 when Duo site was bought. Also who paid more than $1.138 billion for it.

Could M+S be holding back for higher rents pending this announcement? Duo Tower has yet to fill up as well. Are they really that choosy?

2 cents,
    PropVestor