Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Qbay @ Tampines - By FEO, FCL and Seikisui House LH99

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Where is this site plan for Tamp Greenforest? Interested to know more.

Is the Qbay shops serving non-residents? The amenities will grow and with the developement, but it remains to be seen if Parcel C & D will be triggered...

Site plan can be found here: http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/13JANBTOTAP_page_7823/$file/siteplan.htm

QBay shops are meant to serve only residents as they are located within the premises and beyond the guardhouse and hence non-residents won't be able to access the shops. This is in line with other condo projects with commercial units.

Parcels C & D are both slated for private condominium development so building up of amenities would be limited unless URA/HDB converts the current plots behind Parcels C & D to commercial use (it is reserved for residential use currently, most likely HDB BTOs), or more amenities are planned along with the build up of BTOs in the area.

How about across the big road on the quarry side. Am hoping they will spruce up that area into a proper park with eateries and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadus
    How about across the big road on the quarry side. Am hoping they will spruce up that area into a proper park with eateries and more!
    There were plans mooted in 2002-03 to transform the quarry into a park, but since then there was no further news. However my hunch is that it is a matter of time before the Quarry gets developed into a proper park. (Probably have to look out for the URA MasterPlan 2013)

Further up opposite Parcels B, C & D, the plot of land is slated to be developed for industrial use, most likely an extension of the Tampines Wafer Fab Park, which will be low-rise and very quiet/clean given the clean-room operating environment.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS
    There were plans mooted in 2002-03 to transform the quarry into a park, but since then there was no further news. However my hunch is that it is a matter of time before the Quarry gets developed into a proper park. (Probably have to look out for the URA MasterPlan 2013)

Further up opposite Parcels B, C & D, the plot of land is slated to be developed for industrial use, most likely an extension of the Tampines Wafer Fab Park, which will be low-rise and very quiet/clean given the clean-room operating environment.
    You really did a lot of studies on this area! Good job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Tampines GreenForest 4rm BTO beside QBay, price after grant only 1/3 of the price
    Sembawang FH terrace $3-mio.. 3km away across the Strait of Johor Permas Jaya Semi-D RM1.5-mio.. which is 600k.. only 1/5 of the price.. don't even need grant

Quote Originally Posted by Dayfish
    You really did a lot of studies on this area! Good job!!!
    Haha, no I just read things off the net..

Reason why I vested into QBay is that I felt there is still potential upside given that:
    1. surrounding area will be developed with more residential projects in the pipeline
    2. Quarry development plans not yet announced
    3. One of the few private condo sites in Tampines (Tampines is already quite built up and the only areas left untouched are the stretch along Avenue 10)
    4. Location-wise, it is just a short 5 mins drive or 15 mins public transport ride from the town centre, but yet far enough from the hustle and bustle of the town centre
    5. The tranquility is guaranteed by the fact that opposite it is the quarry and industrial site which will be quiet during weekends and at night

Comparing Qbay with for e.g. La Fiesta, I feel La Fiesta is overpriced, or rather, there is limited potential for upside as all the conveniences (near mrt, near shopping center etc) already has been factored into the price and with no further land for future development the only upside potential is when it rises along with the general market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Sembawang FH terrace $3-mio.. 3km away across the Strait of Johor Permas Jaya Semi-D RM1.5-mio.. which is 600k.. only 1/5 of the price.. don't even need grant
    in sembawang, burglars take off with cash, jewellery, valuables
    in johor, burglars take off with everything, including the front gates

Ok, just checked out the Population White Paper, seems like there are plans to build park connectors Bedok Reservoir to Pasir Ris Park stretching along Tampines Avenue 10 by 2030, so my guess is that the quarry will be developed alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by thechoi
    Anyone knows how many units have been sold so far?

Yesterday night I passed by the showroom en route for dinner and decided to just drop in and check out the sales.

From what I can remember most released stacks are fully sold.

Stack 38 (pool-facing 3-bedder Trio units) fully sold.

Stack 36 (quarry-facing 3-bedder Trio units) left only 4 units - levels 6, 9, 14 & 15 if I am not wrong.

Paid particular attention to these two stacks as I had wanted to purchase a 3-bedder Trio unit and found these two stacks to be the best.

In the end I went for Stack 36 as it is the only 3-bedder Trio stack that is quarry-facing, the rest are all pool-facing.

In the end I went for Stack 36 as it is the only 3-bedder Trio stack that is quarry-facing, the rest are all pool-facing.
    quarry facing need high floor....
    btw....they highway noise can tahan or not?

abit of buffer zone...

Quote Originally Posted by b13boy
    quarry facing need high floor....
    btw....they highway noise can tahan or not?
    From what I can see, the distance from the road is pretty ok, and they will be planting quite a number of trees to buffer the noise coming through..according to the agent that was exactly the reason why they built the two tennis courts near the junction of Ave 10.

Also, I got a pretty high floor so that should mitigate should there really be any noise.

From what I can see, the distance from the road is pretty ok, and they will be planting quite a number of trees to buffer the noise coming through..according to the agent that was exactly the reason why they built the two tennis courts near the junction of Ave 10.

Also, I got a pretty high floor so that should mitigate should there really be any noise.
    High floor doesn't help to mitigate the noise. There was a discussion on this previously and forum members put forward some physics to explain this.

Congrats on your purchase though. I was also eyeing TRIO in block 36 but already have quite a long position on SG property so decided to give it a miss. Diverting funds elsewhere for now.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    High floor doesn't help to mitigate the noise. There was a discussion on this previously and forum members put forward some physics to explain this.
    oh ok, that's something new to me. if possible can you kindly share the link if you have it so that I can read up as well?

anyway, I guess I won't be around during the period when the traffic is heavy so I guess that's ok.

Comparing Qbay with for e.g. La Fiesta, I feel La Fiesta is overpriced, or rather, there is limited potential for upside as all the conveniences (near mrt, near shopping center etc) already has been factored into the price and with no further land for future development the only upside potential is when it rises along with the general market.
    My opinion differ from yours (on your last para). Indeed the conveniences (especially the shopping centre and MRT) are factored into the price for La Fiesta but you only get one MRT in that vicinity. Likewise, the "lack" of conveniences for Qbay is factored into the price as well. While the other conveniences can be built up relatively easier, but an MRT station is the difference.

No further land for future development may even push the prices up in bigger quantum than those sites with many empty land parcels. The recent land sales (for those with very few surrounding empty land available) had attracted intense biddings from the developers due to pent-up demand in those areas.

IMO, the price gap will be maintained for one that is beside the MRT and one which requires a ride to the MRT station.

if buy for own stay, lesser future developments is good. Less noise, dust, road diversions, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    My opinion differ from yours (on your last para). Indeed the conveniences (especially the shopping centre and MRT) are factored into the price for La Fiesta but you only get one MRT in that vicinity. Likewise, the "lack" of conveniences for Qbay is factored into the price as well. While the other conveniences can be built up relatively easier, but an MRT station is the difference.

No further land for future development may even push the prices up in bigger quantum than those sites with many empty land parcels. The recent land sales (for those with very few surrounding empty land available) had attracted intense biddings from the developers due to pent-up demand in those areas.

IMO, the price gap will be maintained for one that is beside the MRT and one which requires a ride to the MRT station.
    Yep I agree with you that the lack of amenities would have been factored into the price for Qbay currently, and that's precisely why I think there is a higher potential upside because if and when further amenities are planned and announced, it would then serve as a factor to push up the price.

Also, note that the current low pricing of bat $1000 psf of QBay is partly a result of CM7, without which I reckon the pricing would be around $1100 psf, which is only -$100~ psf of La Fiesta's

Note in my original post I've not mentioned anything about whether the price gap between projects next to and those further away from MRT stations will be narrowed or maintained.

However it is not unimaginable that the projects in and around Tampines Ave 10 may overtake even that of La Fiesta in the future given:
    1. future amenities are announced
    2. lack of condos in tampines
    3. Qbay is much better connected in terms of access to major roads/expressways
    4. tampines is and will continue to be a self sufficient regional center for the east, whereas sengkang is a true blue heartland residential district with limited development potential

Personally, I think the price premium for projects next to an MRT station will be a passing trend in the middle to long term given the expansion of the MRT network. For now, convenience is something that is the trend now and commands a price premium, perhaps going forward exclusiveness will become the trend and then projects that are not located right next to the epicenter of activity may attract more attention?

Anyway, I guess there aren't any right or wrongs, it's all just different products catering to different needs and wants.

oh ok, that's something new to me. if possible can you kindly share the link if you have it so that I can read up as well?

anyway, I guess I won't be around during the period when the traffic is heavy so I guess that's ok.
    just do a search on noise travels upwards.

Yep I agree with you that the lack of amenities would have been factored into the price for Qbay currently, and that's precisely why I think there is a higher potential upside because if and when further amenities are planned and announced, it would then serve as a factor to push up the price.

Also, note that the current low pricing of bat $1000 psf of QBay is partly a result of CM7, without which I reckon the pricing would be around $1100 psf, which is only -$100~ psf of La Fiesta's

Note in my original post I've not mentioned anything about whether the price gap between projects next to and those further away from MRT stations will be narrowed or maintained.

However it is not unimaginable that the projects in and around Tampines Ave 10 may overtake even that of La Fiesta in the future given:
    4. tampines is and will continue to be a self sufficient regional center for the east, whereas sengkang is a true blue heartland residential district with limited development potential

Personally, I think the price premium for projects next to an MRT station will be a passing trend in the middle to long term given the expansion of the MRT network. For now, convenience is something that is the trend now and commands a price premium, perhaps going forward exclusiveness will become the trend and then projects that are not located right next to the epicenter of activity may attract more attention?

Anyway, I guess there aren't any right or wrongs, it's all just different products catering to different needs and wants.
    A well-balanced view Loads of potential here but the only downside is that the nearest MRT stn -Tamp West - is not walkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    just do a search on noise travels upwards.
    ok thanks, just read up..you are right that sound does travel upwards.

Now only question is how high before the sound dissipates?

Would levels 10 and above suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping lamb
    A well-balanced view Loads of potential here but the only downside is that the nearest MRT stn -Tamp West - is not walkable.

Yea it is not walkable...previously I had thought it was walkable but when I drove past i realised it is basically the entire campus length of TP and slightly more!

However, good news is that being a straight road, one can hop onto any bus that comes along and reach the station within minutes given the short distance. With the number of buses serving that road I reckon waiting time shouldn't take very long.

Compare this with Archipelago where it is some distance away from the upcoming MRT also. The distance is slightly shorter (about ~900m away) but due to the traffic flow there is no bus that can take one from Archipelago to the train station and back.

So question is, would one prefer walking ~900m?, or taking a quick/short bus journey of ~1.5km with minimal waiting time?

I guess especially for ladies who wear heels to work, the answer is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping lamb

I did a linear distance measure with Onemap and it is ~1.4km to the future Tampines West station. Too far to walk.

I used to walk that road from Blk 895( opp Temasek Poly) to Safra during my Sec school days. Last month, after 20 over years, i walk this road again and it is still a breeze to me. However it a fine day when i walk and i am not wearing heels...

Nice breakdown of the pros n cons but having said that, Qbay is one of the better designed project for own stay and price correctly (thks to CM7). At least you don't have 800+ units in this plot.

Congrats on yr purchase. Just curious, are you a 1st timer or upgrader?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Nice breakdown of the pros n cons but having said that, Qbay is one of the better designed project for own stay and price correctly (thks to CM7). At least you don't have 800+ units in this plot.

Congrats on yr purchase. Just curious, are you a 1st timer or upgrader?
    Yep am glad it's not a mega-huge development like 800-900 units...but anyway the plot ratio for the land wouldn't have allowed it, unless the project consists of only MMs

And yes I do love the layout, especially the 3-bedder Trio:
    1. small balcony (smallest balcony I've seen in a recently launched project so far!)
    2. small kitchen (i hardly cook) - the kitchen is essentially a small square with 3 sides being sinks, gas stove and fridge etc and one side the door, and if you "open up" the three sides it is actually as long as a typical wet/dry kitchen...supper efficient use of space IMO
    3. huge utility room with two windows (am thinking of converting it into a study - in fact it is bigger than the study in the 2+ study unit!)
    4. dedicated kitchen for studio room
    5. All rooms face the same orientation (for e.g. if you bought a pool view unit all rooms will have pool views)
    6. No odd shapes, very squarish
    7. No planters, bay windows, bomb shelters
    8. No long foyers/corridors

I'm a first timer, but have been looking around for some time and the only other project that I felt is a good buy is Flamingo Valley, but too bad by the time I started househunting there were not many units left and none of the remaining units caught my eye.

Yea it is not walkable...previously I had thought it was walkable but when I drove past i realised it is basically the entire campus length of TP and slightly more!

However, good news is that being a straight road, one can hop onto any bus that comes along and reach the station within minutes given the short distance. With the number of buses serving that road I reckon waiting time shouldn't take very long.

Compare this with Archipelago where it is some distance away from the upcoming MRT also. The distance is slightly shorter (about ~900m away) but due to the traffic flow there is no bus that can take one from Archipelago to the train station and back.

So question is, would one prefer walking ~900m?, or taking a quick/short bus journey of ~1.5km with minimal waiting time?

I guess especially for ladies who wear heels to work, the answer is obvious.
    Archipelago is only 355m from the project main entrance to the future MRT.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums...&postcount=373

Anyway congrats on your new purchase. Qbay is a nice project. Stacks are generously spaced out

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Archipelago is only 355m from the project main entrance to the future MRT.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums...&postcount=373

Anyway congrats on your new purchase. Qbay is a nice project. Stacks are generously spaced out
    Thank you

Wrt to the walking distance of Archipelago to the future Bedok North MRT Station, I think 355m is an underestimation as it is the straight-line distance.

I did a quick check on Google Maps and found the actual walking distance to be ~600m thereabouts.

One would have to cross the road towards blocks 700+ of Bedok Res past the two primary schools (Damai and Bedok West) towards the overhead bridge connecting to blocks 600+ of Bedok Res (note that the Bedok Reservoir Exit of PIE separates blocks 600+ and 700+ of Bedok Res and just along that exit is where the Bedok North MRT Station will be).

I reckon it would be a 8-10 min walk.

I used to live around the area (heck one of those two primary schools is my alma mater!) and had to make the daily pilgrimage from blocks 600+ to school.

If I may make a comparison, this would be almost the same scenario for Eu Habitat / Tropika East and the upcoming Kaki Bukit MRT Station in that:
    1. approximate walking distance is similar
    2. have to "bash through" opposite HDB blocks to reach
    3. no other option besides walking - no direct bus route from project to MRT station

Gotta clarify that I'm in no way bashing other projects (so for everyone and anyone who bought these other projects, no offence please - I feel that they have their own pros too).

Am only making a comparison vs other projects which are touted to be within walking distance from MRT Stations and how Qbay being slightly further away from the MRT station might even be a better proposition given the convenience of the bus network plying the routes between the project and the MRT station.

IMO I would rather have a bus stop at my doorstep whereby I can take any of the buses that arrives and reach the MRT within 5 mins (making my total waiting + travelling time about 8 mins max?) rather than having to walk 600m to an MRT station with no shelter/aircon and subject myself to the elements. The amount of time spent is the similar but the comfort level varies.

And yes I know I probably sound very lazy
    Last edited by GWS; 01-02-13 at 00:43.

Thank you

Wrt to the walking distance of Archipelago to the future Bedok North MRT Station, I think 355m is an underestimation as it is the straight-line distance.

I did a quick check on Google Maps and found the actual walking distance to be ~600m thereabouts.

One would have to cross the road towards blocks 700+ of Bedok Res past the two primary schools (Damai and Bedok West) towards the overhead bridge connecting to blocks 600+ of Bedok Res (note that the Bedok Reservoir Exit of PIE separates blocks 600+ and 700+ of Bedok Res and just along that exit is where the Bedok North MRT Station will be).

I reckon it would be a 8-10 min walk.

I used to live around the area (heck one of those two primary schools is my alma mater!) and had to make the daily pilgrimage from blocks 600+ to school.

If I may make a comparison, this would be almost the same scenario for Eu Habitat / Tropika East and the upcoming Kaki Bukit MRT Station in that:
    1. approximate walking distance is similar
    2. have to "bash through" opposite HDB blocks to reach
    3. no other option besides walking - no direct bus route from project to MRT station

Gotta clarify that I'm in no way bashing other projects (so for everyone and anyone who bought these other projects, no offence please - I feel that they have their own pros too).

Am only making a comparison vs other projects which are touted to be within walking distance from MRT Stations and how Qbay being slightly further away from the MRT station might even be a better proposition given the convenience of the bus network plying the routes between the project and the MRT station.

IMO I would rather have a bus stop at my doorstep whereby I can take any of the buses that arrives and reach the MRT within 5 mins (making my total waiting + travelling time about 8 mins max?) rather than having to walk 600m to an MRT station with no shelter/aircon and subject myself to the elements. The amount of time spent is the similar but the comfort level varies.

And yes I know I probably sound very lazy
    The straight line is a walkable path. I tried taking the path once it took me about 5min at normal pace. No need to cross the overhead bridge becos there is one entrance at each side of the road

Even if u take the super detour route walking along the main road it's still less than 500m

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums...&postcount=372

There are at least 8 bus services at the bus stop directly outside archi bringing u to Bedok reservoir mrt station at baywater

GWS

FYI, there will be a tunnel with side-gate that opens up directly to the bus-stop outside Archi. A few steps away is a pedestarian crossing leading you to the opp bus-stop. Both bus-stops are served by 10 bus-services as of today (direct buses to Kaki Bukit MRT or Bedok Reservoir MRT). The bus-stop itself is <400m walk to the Bedok Town Park MRT.

I have personally done a trial walk myself before committing and the path to the future MRT is really quite a direct and unblocked one. Even if you were to take the longer routes ie. walking along the perimeters of the 2 pri schs or walk along the bedok north road, the distance is still 400++ metres. Anyway, the selling point of Archi was never on the MRT, but the amenities, supermarkets and being nested within the reservoir park etc

Since this is a Qbay thread, I apologise for digressing too much (I just thought some claims on Archi were not that accurate so decided to clarify, hope u dont mind ).

I read your analysis on Qbay and indeed, I am indeed impressed you have done your homework and finally concluded Qbay is the right choice for you! At the price of sub $1k psf, i dont think it can go too wrong as I see there is a great growth potential in that area . If there is a MRT within walking distance, developer probably wouldnt be selling at this price. By the way, you mentioned there will be a bus-stop 'at your doorstep' outside QBay .... is there going to be a new bus-stop?