Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920212223242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Qbay @ Tampines - By FEO, FCL and Seikisui House LH99

What if they quote 1050 for 1 bedder. Will it be more worth it?

My relative drives by this way to work every day. When I said quarry, she asked what quarry? To her it looks like a pile of sand. If you drive, the access is quite good to KPE (via Bartley fly over) or PIE. If you don't drive, it is a little inconvenient. Inconvenient for your kids if they should later wish to attend secondary or tertiary schools which are more centrally located in Singapore and the tertiary institutions like NUS/NTU.

whats the hurry to jump into this project at such prices ?

and the location ? its such an off site

ppl seem to forget the impt rule : location location location

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    whats the hurry to jump into this project at such prices ?

and the location ? its such an off site

ppl seem to forget the impt rule : location location location
    Actually I agree that the location is quite off but I like it that it is close to bedok reservoir and the room is very spacious as compared to Urban Vista.

No $900psf, don't buy. Location is really quite off.

Quote Originally Posted by Inn0cent
    What if they quote 1050 for 1 bedder. Will it be more worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong
    No $900psf, don't buy. Location is really quite off.
    if the location is really off, how to justify waterview?

That why WV price is more reasonable than QB.

$900 PSF will make it reasonable to buy

if the location is really off, how to justify waterview?

potential to appreciate further in that area = unlikely. if buying for long term self stay, choose somewhere with more transport options....unless u drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    potential to appreciate further in that area = unlikely. if buying for long term self stay, choose somewhere with more transport options....unless u drive.
    Wow. Welcome back. Didnt see you posting for a while.

still deciding...location wise really sucks. but i like the room layout and id. if really 900 sure go buy

still deciding...location wise really sucks. but i like the room layout and id. if really 900 sure go buy
    Qbay land cost abt $417psf, slightly lower than waterview land cost.
    Sim Lim priced waterview average $900psf, but Qbay developer price it average $1100psf. That's why Qbay developer can afford to reimburse 7% stamp duty for Singaporean 2nd timer.

Compared to EC land cost average $300psf, sold at average $750psf.

So...Qbay price is inflated by about $200psf (900-> 1100psf).

Future Tampines West MRT to be completed in 2017, which is 1.2km from Qbay ( 3 bus stops away).
    Dont forget, if look at the map for Tampines West MRT surronding have a lot of empty land within walking distance.
    This place will be very crowded with a lot of condo in adjacent plot B, plot C, plot D around Qbay site.
    Minimal potential for capital appreciation with so much competition from surronding condos

I just received sms from FEO this afternoon that there will a dinner served at Qbay site on Tue (15 Jan) at 7pm.

Serve dinner b4 preview launch on Fri, shows how anxious developers are.

V v expensive dinner if one buys.

Anxious then good. They better sell cheaper. Haha.

Go there eat all you can and da pao back but don't buy the house, better than free food given by temples haa haa haa...

Really use your head to consider this, not your eyes. FEO are clever in using great ID and great marketing to dress up a sub-optimal location. If you don't have kids and have a car, then it's OK. But if you have kids or other family members who might take public transport, it will be a pain to take the 3 bus stops to the MRT and back, especially when it's raining heavily. This location considered quite "ulu" for going to the great majority of decent secondary schools and tertiary institutions. They will not thank you for the long long journey they have to take every day. With COE prices going through the roof, you might do better to get somewhere more convenient for transport, if it is for own stay.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Go there eat all you can and da pao back but don't buy the house, better than free food given by temples haa haa haa...
    I tried the free vegetarian food when i visited a ceremony before. It is healthy and you can peacefully eat your food.. This Qbay's dinner will have agents all surround you. Stress level too high for you to enjoy the food unless u can totally "bo chap" them (which i can't.. )

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    I tried the free vegetarian food when i visited a ceremony before. It is healthy and you can peacefully eat your food.. This Qbay's dinner will have agents all surround you. Stress level too high for you to enjoy the food unless u can totally "bo chap" them (which i can't.. )
    Nowadays veg food contain a lot of coloring and additives. Better to stick to plain veg and rice...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Nowadays veg food contain a lot of coloring and additives. Better to stick to plain veg and rice...
    Thanks for the reminds. Sorry for OT in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Totally agree. MSG to add taste or else a lot of salt (otherwise it will be bland). And a lot of oil. The oil could be unhealthy (cheap vegetable oil with trans-fats).

don't be silly to pay $1,200 psf for an off location with dubious views.
    View? Wat view? Visited showrm on Sunday. Was taken aback on the shoes o/s. Step in then see more agent than buyer. Lolz.

Veranda design. No big deal. Long narrow tapered balcony is 1st dislike. Masterrm bed facing a problem - head face toilet. Bad fengshui..

Trio. Can come w/o 2nd kitchen but simply a waste of space.

2+1. Really study rm ah.. No chance convert to kid rm.

Lastly, Villa. Basket, maintenance fee has to count this. Tennis court -ok; pool -ok. But 2 villa... Shake head. Not cheap to maintain these 2 white elephants

My 2 cents. Don't flame me. 1k psf don't worth. Off loc and no view and bad transport sys... Shake head

At this moment the area around Qbay may be ulu, but when all the land parcels surrounding it are fully developed , it may become developed and I am sure there will be lots of buses plying Tampines Ave 10 in future maybe in 10 years time.
    This was the case in the 1997 when Aquaius by the Park and Clearwater was launched. The whole place was so ulu....... but look at the area now!

So I think Qbay has lots of potential.
    If only the price was lower ............

The tropica is already transacted between 850-900psf. So for a brand new project and smaller unit sizes. 950-1k psf is reasonable. Anything above that, u decide.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    At this moment the area around Qbay may be ulu, but when all the land parcels surrounding it are fully developed , it may become developed and I am sure there will be lots of buses plying Tampines Ave 10 in future maybe in 10 years time.
    This was the case in the 1997 when Aquaius by the Park and Clearwater was launched. The whole place was so ulu....... but look at the area now!

Not much potential because future mrt is not near.

There are many better located condos in the east to compete for rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Not much potential because future mrt is not near.

There are many better located condos in the east to compete for rentals.
    I agree too. All the amenities (MRT stn, food central, etc.) are not within walking distance. But the good thing is it is still nested in one of the less crowded parts of Tampines with some schools/college in the vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

The developer is.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The developer is.... lol.
    What about the developer?

developer don't provide the ID for the units so its all an illusion for the showflat

u can buy any other better property and do it up by getting a good designer

latest discount is out
    Last edited by Laguna; 16-01-13 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    latest discount is out
    Some guru said its a nice project, but at wrong location

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    latest discount is out
    Updates can?