Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

Don't have to worry about developer closing down lah. >20% sold which means like >100 units which is actually not bad already. I heard once they sold like 30%, basically breakeven liao.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    Last I heard, it was moving slowly (or slowly moving) waiting for more like-minded buyers (>20% sold). Think it will take a while, hopefully more when HillV2 & DT line are up? Meanwhile, I will sit back & learn as much as I can from all the bros & sis in this forum.

won't be the first to fold. Bravo Building went belly up i know....

Hence Tivoli Grande was taken over by new developer...

may have to watch out for sl cheong this developer...

not trolling just sharing

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Don't have to worry about developer closing down lah. >20% sold which means like >100 units which is actually not bad already. I heard once they sold like 30%, basically breakeven liao.
    Thanks. Glad to hear that and am more relieved now.

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681
    won't be the first to fold. Bravo Building went belly up i know....

Hence Tivoli Grande was taken over by new developer...

may have to watch out for sl cheong this developer...

not trolling just sharing
    My apologies, who is sl cheong? not my developer, i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

hmm, if i take the average price for the 62 units caveat from URA, they have to sell at least 50% in order to get back the land cost...

Don't worry, at the end of the day, if everything goes as per normal, units will still be moving along. Matter of how long it takes only.

Don't worry about it. Just sit back and chill
    Ride or Die

Not yours just some funny new kid on the block developer writing his own rules

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Appletart
    hmm, if i take the average price for the 62 units caveat from URA, they have to sell at least 50% in order to get back the land cost...
    I heard that they have already sold over 100 units now, slow moving no doubt, but moving slowly. I consoled myself, whether they sell out fast or slow, the condo would only be ready in 3 years, so what's the hurry? I just saw the tv advertisement, nice. why didn't they aired it earlier? I read somewhere that caveat is not a good indication of the actual sales number but old already, can't remember the reason. Waiting for HillV2 to be built to see how good (or bad) a shopping centre it is. Also, the Hillview MRT station.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681
    Not yours just some funny new kid on the block developer writing his own rules
    Thanks. for a moment, I was worried. praying that my developer do a good job to show Spore that they are here to stay and prosper.

I went to have a look also. But decided not to buy... Simply too many condos at hillview... The area can be called Legend of the Condo Heroes. Plus for me, I see not much facilities. For those who can live with railway mall, i guess it is good. i cannot. There are many same priced or even cheaper price condos around. If I am not wrong, the upper partition on the roof is not paid for. but for J Gateway, they will pay for it. Looking at Straits Times that say 1 and 2 rm from $1290 onwards, so probably lower floors, if u can consider other areas, there will be more amenties. But But, if u have a car... Different matter, will be good to stay in there. And if u like peaceful areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockbroker
    I went to have a look also. But decided not to buy... Simply too many condos at hillview... The area can be called Legend of the Condo Heroes. Plus for me, I see not much facilities. For those who can live with railway mall, i guess it is good. i cannot. There are many same priced or even cheaper price condos around. If I am not wrong, the upper partition on the roof is not paid for. but for J Gateway, they will pay for it. Looking at Straits Times that say 1 and 2 rm from $1290 onwards, so probably lower floors, if u can consider other areas, there will be more amenties. But But, if u have a car... Different matter, will be good to stay in there. And if u like peaceful areas.
    there will be a shopping centre HillV2 (at Hiller) and Down Town Line in 2015. heard that there may be an underpass from mrt to HillV2 but not confirmed. the upper deck was not paid for and it may make the high roof looked much lower and you would not be able to stand up on top. only make sense if the roof is 4 m and above, in my opinion. quiet and peaceful place to stay.

there will be a shopping centre HillV2 (at Hiller) and Down Town Line in 2015. heard that there may be an underpass from mrt to HillV2 but not confirmed. the upper deck was not paid for and it may make the high roof looked much lower and you would not be able to stand up on top. only make sense if the roof is 4 m and above, in my opinion. quiet and peaceful place to stay.
    the garment will announce the next 5 year plan for Singapore, including the railway green corridor at the end of the year,.. see they got anything interesting to say, like new developments, play, recreation, along the green corridor, .... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    the garment will announce the next 5 year plan for Singapore, including the railway green corridor at the end of the year,.. see they got anything interesting to say, like new developments, play, recreation, along the green corridor, .... hahaha
    anything positive for the railway green corridor is definitely welcome. incidentally, went for the first green corridor run before I actually learnt of HVP and ultimately buying one 1-bed unit.

anything positive for the railway green corridor is definitely welcome. incidentally, went for the first green corridor run before I actually learnt of HVP and ultimately buying one 1-bed unit.
    I am not sour grapes because this was out of my budget but think about it. If you looking for amentities and greenry, explore punggol or pasir ris area. There are better amentities around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockbroker
    I am not sour grapes because this was out of my budget but think about it. If you looking for amentities and greenry, explore punggol or pasir ris area. There are better amentities around it.
    can't really expore any more cos already vested in one unit at HVP.

Smile

apologies but roughly after how long then would the developer started collecting from me the 10% after completing the foundation work? kindly advise. thanks.

prolly another 6 mths-a year, i believe dependent on your block , floor level too

Default two week

and about two weeks once they send out the notice of foundation completion

apologies but roughly after how long then would the developer started collecting from me the 10% after completing the foundation work? kindly advise. thanks.
    just came back from HVP site. construction has yet to seriously start, only saw a few foreign workers on the site, with a few cranes. think the 10% payment for the foundation could easily be a year from now. saw about 10 cars parked outside the HVP showflat, hopefully the cars didn't belong to the agents. good news is that HillV2 is progressing well in its construction, with the second storey almost completed. it will be quite big a mall, taken me a while to walk from one end to the other and I am not a slow walker. will be hiding in the mall next time the haze comes (in 2017 or later).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by delirious
    prolly another 6 mths-a year, i believe dependent on your block , floor level too
    thanks. think probably a year cos I just went there for a look, not seriously started yet but HillV2 is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by delirious
    and about two weeks once they send out the notice of foundation completion
    thanks again.

11 more sold at 1369psf median in June 2013 to bring total sold to 111. 401 to go. Can Sharon Au save them?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    11 more sold at 1369psf median in June 2013 to bring total sold to 111. 401 to go. Can Sharon Au save them?
    at this rate, HVP should be sold out in 3 years' time, just nice to TOP.

I am from an agency with marketing rights for Hillview Peak.

Call me at 91087536 for more info.

Selling point of this development is that it will be only 5 minutes' walk to future Hillview mrt station.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe

Call me at 91087536 for more info.

Selling point of this development is that it will be only 5 minutes' walk to future Hillview mrt station.
    Hi. there should be more selling point for HVP than just 5 mins' walk to HV MRT station. please share, from your point of view.

Hi. there should be more selling point for HVP than just 5 mins' walk to HV MRT station. please share, from your point of view.
    Hi sillyme,

Yes definitely there are more selling points for HVP. You may check them out at Hillview Peak.
    Congratz on your purchase!

Hi everyone.. Just to share, my other half and I really liked HVP when we went to view on launch day, and ended up buying 2 units. So, imagine my surprise when I found this thread and saw yesnomaybe's post:

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe

As sillyme said:

What kind of agent will mention only one selling point!

Of course, I think this property is not for everyone -- same as all other property, there is no one size fit all solution. So I will just share what it is that I like about HVP, from my point of view:

(1) Greenery & Nature View: HVP is next to MINDEF, which means almost confirm chop stamp got permanent nature view, good air, quiet, tranquility. Right next to green corridor, good for morning walks, jogging, etc. Plus in the north west direction, you will be able to see the hill. Really got hill view.

(2) Food & Amenities: HVP is next to HillV2, the retail mall (part of Hillier) and includes a supermarket, F&B outlets, etc.

(3) Convenience & Transport: 5 minutes away from Hillview MRT, straight line (no need transfer) to CBD area where I work. Government also has plans to build a road/covered tunnel to connect HVP to MRT. MRT built late 2015-early 2016, just nice for HVP TOP in mid-late 2016.

(4) Layout & Space: Room layout is mostly squarish, feels more spacious when you walk in (as compared to more rectangular layout)

(5) Confidence in Developer: To be honest, when I first found out that it is a Hong Kong developer trying to enter the Singapore market, I was quite suspicious... Concerned that they will go bust. So I got my lawyer to check on them, and found out they have 15 million SGD paid up capital. Like that how to go bust... Units moving slowly also can, just slowly sell over 3 years lor.

Anyway, in Singapore, all the money paid to Developer must go into a project account, which the developer is not allowed to touch until the construction is completed; hence, no need to worry if developer goes bust.

I spoke to one of the agents, heard that recently there was a potential buyer who wanted 3 units at 1% additional discount. Developer just outright rejected, confident that they can sell at a higher price(!). which brings me to the next point:

(6) Investment: Next door Hillier sold for 1.6-1.8k PSF. Now you get new units from HVP at 1.3k PSF. you do the math Hillview area can hold value, plus it is so near upper bukit timah area, it has a slightly upper class feel I think. The shops/tenants at retail spaces nearby, like HillV2 and Rail Mall, also cater to a slightly upper class audience.

Btw, nowadays people don't bother lodging caveats when they buy new properties, so no point looking at the URA website for caveats lodges as it won't necessarily reflect the sales volume.

To share with you all, my other half and I were shopping around for our first home for over 1.5 years, could never find a property with all of the selling points above. Where to find nature view, in tucked away quiet location, yet easy to reach by MRT, got amenities, can hold value, etc etc. So, when we finally found this property, we immediately bought 2 units, 1 for our home stay, 1 for parents/investment.

But like I said, this property is not for everyone. Firstly, hillview area is a bit more atas than other neighbourhoods. And some people don't care about view of the hill, then don't buy hillview lor

So, that's my 2 cents, just sharing my view with you all. And also helping the agent do his job properly.
    Last edited by nighteyes00; 19-07-13 at 17:22.

Quote Originally Posted by nighteyes00
    (6) Investment: Next door Hillier sold for 1.6-1.8k PSF. Now you get new units from HVP at 1.3k PSF. you do the math Hillview area can hold value, plus it is so near upper bukit timah area, it has a slightly upper class feel I think. The shops/tenants at retail spaces nearby, like HillV2 and Rail Mall, also cater to a slightly upper class audience.

)
    What you said on Hillier higher selling price is not a fair comparison.
    Most recent Hillier transactions at $1.6Kpsf are for those premium units at above #20 floor levels.
    When Hillier first launched at end 2011, average is $1150psf for 2-bedrm units.
    And the land cost paid by Hillier is higher than land amount $ paid by Kingsford.

Kingsford low-floor pool-view unit already selling close to $1.4K psf, and considering their lower land cost, the developer is looking for higher profit margin.

Hillview area has simply too many condos.
    The pricing is definitely not competitive, now only sold about 20% of the total no of units, after more than 3 months since launch.

Once Skywood launch at Dairy Farm road, will see HVP sales decline further.

Ok, thanks for your input. Anyway, one of our units were bought at 1.08k PSF, so your point is moot in any case, once the MRT goes up, I think you will see many more developments being launched at even higher prices than HVP.

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    Once Skywood launch at Dairy Farm road, will see HVP sales decline further.
    Speaking of unfair comparisons, you want to compare HVP with a property that hasn't even launched yet ar anyway, there's a chance skywood might be launched at even higher PSF hence driving up HVP sales. Let's wait to see launch then compare ba.