Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

Quote Originally Posted by nighteyes00
    Hi everyone.. Just to share, my other half and I really liked HVP when we went to view on launch day, and ended up buying 2 units. So, imagine my surprise when I found this thread and saw yesnomaybe's post:

As sillyme said:

What kind of agent will mention only one selling point!

Of course, I think this property is not for everyone -- same as all other property, there is no one size fit all solution. So I will just share what it is that I like about HVP, from my point of view:

(1) Greenery & Nature View: HVP is next to MINDEF, which means almost confirm chop stamp got permanent nature view, good air, quiet, tranquility. Right next to green corridor, good for morning walks, jogging, etc. Plus in the north west direction, you will be able to see the hill. Really got hill view.

(2) Food & Amenities: HVP is next to HillV2, the retail mall (part of Hillier) and includes a supermarket, F&B outlets, etc.

(3) Convenience & Transport: 5 minutes away from Hillview MRT, straight line (no need transfer) to CBD area where I work. Government also has plans to build a road/covered tunnel to connect HVP to MRT. MRT built late 2015-early 2016, just nice for HVP TOP in mid-late 2016.

(4) Layout & Space: Room layout is mostly squarish, feels more spacious when you walk in (as compared to more rectangular layout)

(5) Confidence in Developer: To be honest, when I first found out that it is a Hong Kong developer trying to enter the Singapore market, I was quite suspicious... Concerned that they will go bust. So I got my lawyer to check on them, and found out they have 15 million SGD paid up capital. Like that how to go bust... Units moving slowly also can, just slowly sell over 3 years lor.

Anyway, in Singapore, all the money paid to Developer must go into a project account, which the developer is not allowed to touch until the construction is completed; hence, no need to worry if developer goes bust.

I spoke to one of the agents, heard that recently there was a potential buyer who wanted 3 units at 1% additional discount. Developer just outright rejected, confident that they can sell at a higher price(!). which brings me to the next point:

(6) Investment: Next door Hillier sold for 1.6-1.8k PSF. Now you get new units from HVP at 1.3k PSF. you do the math Hillview area can hold value, plus it is so near upper bukit timah area, it has a slightly upper class feel I think. The shops/tenants at retail spaces nearby, like HillV2 and Rail Mall, also cater to a slightly upper class audience.

Btw, nowadays people don't bother lodging caveats when they buy new properties, so no point looking at the URA website for caveats lodges as it won't necessarily reflect the sales volume.

To share with you all, my other half and I were shopping around for our first home for over 1.5 years, could never find a property with all of the selling points above. Where to find nature view, in tucked away quiet location, yet easy to reach by MRT, got amenities, can hold value, etc etc. So, when we finally found this property, we immediately bought 2 units, 1 for our home stay, 1 for parents/investment.

But like I said, this property is not for everyone. Firstly, hillview area is a bit more atas than other neighbourhoods. And some people don't care about view of the hill, then don't buy hillview lor

So, that's my 2 cents, just sharing my view with you all. And also helping the agent do his job properly.
    Hahahahaha. All your points are valid. But, please check how much your developer over paid for the price of the land
    Ride or Die

First project in Singapore mah, of course must bid high to secure the land bank. Otherwise don't even have land to develop. Anyway, it's not overpaying until they make a loss/low profit on the project. For now, units still moving, people still showing up to view. Let's wait to see how this development sells, then we'll see whether they overpaid (and whether I overpaid) or not

First project in Singapore mah, of course must bid high to secure the land bank. Otherwise don't even have land to develop. Anyway, it's not overpaying until they make a loss/low profit on the project. For now, units still moving, people still showing up to view. Let's wait to see how this development sells, then we'll see whether they overpaid (and whether I overpaid) or not
    beside hillview peak, have u invested in other properties in Singapore?

Glad that your enthusiasm far outstrips the project.

Cheers
    Ride or Die

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Meaning quality may be super cheap relative to its selling price?

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    Hahahahaha. All your points are valid. But, please check how much your developer over paid for the price of the land

Cheers
    Of course. Price went up since I bought mah. On paper earn money already. Wait till MRT is completed just before TOP, price will definitely go up again. See you in 3 years time and you can let me know if I am correct

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Meaning quality may be super cheap relative to its selling price?
    Yes bro, please take a look at the materials used.
    Ride or Die

At $1290 onwards, you can buy all these below it:
    1.) 8 Riversuites, just near to city.
    2.) Oleander, at Toa payoh
    3.) Lakeshore
    4.) Vue8
    5.) Bartley Residences
    6.) La Fiesta
    7.) Cashew Heights
    8.) Guilin View
    9.) Madeira
    I google from property guru.
    Some new, some constructing. Location wise.... Erm, go see....
    Plus the garden view, Vue8 has sea view.
    I am not saying Hillview Peak is no good, I am saying that at such price, there's a lot of condos you can buy instead, new or old.

Cheers
    You can feel free to disagree, but don't need to be so unnecessarily sarcastic. I am just sharing what I like about HVP... After all I think that is what's most important mah, that you buy what you like. I like, so I buy lor. Then share with everyone, that's all. So far I only hear you bashing HVP, implying that developer use low quality materials, which I personally don't think is true -- and I wonder whether what you say is defamatory. Why you want to be so troll? Go and post at threads on property that you like, rather than waste time bashing others.

Anyway, I am not saying HVP is the best price ever... I am just saying it has everything I want, reasonable price to me given all the other things i like, that's why I buy.

You can feel free to disagree, but don't need to be so unnecessarily sarcastic. I am just sharing what I like about HVP... After all I think that is what's most important mah, that you buy what you like. I like, so I buy lor. Then share with everyone, that's all. So far I only hear you bashing HVP, implying that developer use low quality materials, which I personally don't think is true -- and I wonder whether what you say is defamatory. Why you want to be so troll? Go and post at threads on property that you like, rather than waste time bashing others.

Anyway, I am not saying HVP is the best price ever... I am just saying it has everything I want, reasonable price to me given all the other things i like, that's why I buy.
    Defamatory? In what way?

Please look through this thread to see other's comments on the materials being used. It's definitely not me bashing it. And you are entitled to your comments, did I disagree with what you have said?

I comment here because I've been to view the showroom, and thus want to share with others what I've noticed. Exactly the same as what you are doing.

Cheers
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Stockbroker
    3.) Lakeshore
    4.) Vue8
    5.) Bartley Residences
    6.) La Fiesta
    7.) Cashew Heights
    8.) Guilin View
    9.) Madeira
    I am not saying Hillview Peak is no good, I am saying that at such price, there's a lot of condos you can buy instead, new or old.
    I think at any point in time, and at any price, there will always be "a lot of condos you can buy instead, new or old". Like that I might as well say buy Iskandar better... for the same price I can buy like 3 condos/bungalows. But that's not the point right?? This logic applies to almost every commodity, so just listing it out like that is like saying oh I can buy a Samsung phone, HTC phone, Nokia phone at the same or similar price as an iPhone. Without saying why one is better than the other, your comment got no value. And what one person thinks is "better" is subjective also.

I think for this price point, and considering all the various aspects like location, accessibility, ammenities and neighbourhood... I can see why some people would really fall in love with the place.

As others say, it's not for everyone.

Defamatory? In what way?

Please look through this thread to see other's comments on the materials being used. It's definitely not me bashing it. And you are entitled to your comments, did I say disagree with what you have said?

I comment here because I've been to view the showroom, and thus want to share with others what I've noticed. Exactly the same as what you are doing.

Cheers
    Eh... what's wrong with the materials? I saw the list of materials... what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by myxxe
    Eh... what's wrong with the materials? I saw the list of materials... what's the issue?
    Did you notice the flooring used for the bedrooms?
    Ride or Die

Did you notice the flooring used for the bedrooms?
    Ya... Still not answering the question... what's wrong with it?

Don't be lazy, go look through the previous few pages, it has already been mentioned
    Ride or Die

3.) Lakeshore
    4.) Vue8
    5.) Bartley Residences
    6.) La Fiesta
    7.) Cashew Heights
    8.) Guilin View
    9.) Madeira
    I would take 8 Riversuites in your list, if I were to buy.

I think at any point in time, and at any price, there will always be "a lot of condos you can buy instead, new or old". Like that I might as well say buy Iskandar better... for the same price I can buy like 3 condos/bungalows. But that's not the point right?? This logic applies to almost every commodity, so just listing it out like that is like saying oh I can buy a Samsung phone, HTC phone, Nokia phone at the same or similar price as an iPhone. Without saying why one is better than the other, your comment got no value. And what one person thinks is "better" is subjective also.

I think for this price point, and considering all the various aspects like location, accessibility, ammenities and neighbourhood... I can see why some people would really fall in love with the place.

As others say, it's not for everyone.
    No offence. I am just saying that the justification, like view (although not exactly the same), MRT, amentities (could have even more), can be matched by a similar condo at a lower price. (I may be wrong because I did not go and see all these listed condos. I am not vested in this condo or in any of those building in hillview. I don't compare to Iskand region as that is totally different. I am comparing an iphone with samsung phone, not the samsung ace but comparing it with galaxy s4 and note 2 etc. And yes, you can say iphone is the best. And yes, hillview peak showroom is beautiful and big. My suggestion is drive down to actual site (not showflat) and drive down to the MRT. If you like it, it is a good buy. Sorry, I am not talking about flooring etc, I don't know anything about that. But, as I don't have as much money, I will pick other areas. But, if you can afford, there is no issue. Every single one will say the condo they own or buy is the best. I agree So if u like the place, buy it. No right or wrong. Property correction, anywhere also hit.

You know what they say when a guy can't give a simple answer to a simple question... He's probably full of it. Cheers mate

Smile

Hi everyone.. Just to share, my other half and I really liked HVP when we went to view on launch day, and ended up buying 2 units. So, imagine my surprise when I found this thread and saw yesnomaybe's post:

As sillyme said:

What kind of agent will mention only one selling point!

Of course, I think this property is not for everyone -- same as all other property, there is no one size fit all solution. So I will just share what it is that I like about HVP, from my point of view:

(1) Greenery & Nature View: HVP is next to MINDEF, which means almost confirm chop stamp got permanent nature view, good air, quiet, tranquility. Right next to green corridor, good for morning walks, jogging, etc. Plus in the north west direction, you will be able to see the hill. Really got hill view.

(2) Food & Amenities: HVP is next to HillV2, the retail mall (part of Hillier) and includes a supermarket, F&B outlets, etc.

(3) Convenience & Transport: 5 minutes away from Hillview MRT, straight line (no need transfer) to CBD area where I work. Government also has plans to build a road/covered tunnel to connect HVP to MRT. MRT built late 2015-early 2016, just nice for HVP TOP in mid-late 2016.

(4) Layout & Space: Room layout is mostly squarish, feels more spacious when you walk in (as compared to more rectangular layout)

(5) Confidence in Developer: To be honest, when I first found out that it is a Hong Kong developer trying to enter the Singapore market, I was quite suspicious... Concerned that they will go bust. So I got my lawyer to check on them, and found out they have 15 million SGD paid up capital. Like that how to go bust... Units moving slowly also can, just slowly sell over 3 years lor.

Anyway, in Singapore, all the money paid to Developer must go into a project account, which the developer is not allowed to touch until the construction is completed; hence, no need to worry if developer goes bust.

I spoke to one of the agents, heard that recently there was a potential buyer who wanted 3 units at 1% additional discount. Developer just outright rejected, confident that they can sell at a higher price(!). which brings me to the next point:

(6) Investment: Next door Hillier sold for 1.6-1.8k PSF. Now you get new units from HVP at 1.3k PSF. you do the math Hillview area can hold value, plus it is so near upper bukit timah area, it has a slightly upper class feel I think. The shops/tenants at retail spaces nearby, like HillV2 and Rail Mall, also cater to a slightly upper class audience.

Btw, nowadays people don't bother lodging caveats when they buy new properties, so no point looking at the URA website for caveats lodges as it won't necessarily reflect the sales volume.

To share with you all, my other half and I were shopping around for our first home for over 1.5 years, could never find a property with all of the selling points above. Where to find nature view, in tucked away quiet location, yet easy to reach by MRT, got amenities, can hold value, etc etc. So, when we finally found this property, we immediately bought 2 units, 1 for our home stay, 1 for parents/investment.

But like I said, this property is not for everyone. Firstly, hillview area is a bit more atas than other neighbourhoods. And some people don't care about view of the hill, then don't buy hillview lor

So, that's my 2 cents, just sharing my view with you all. And also helping the agent do his job properly.
    Thanks for sharing your view on vesting in HVP. I have also bought an unit facing mindef (didn't know about the hill view though but I really wish to see it from my balcony & bedroom as i bought a higher floor at the shorter block.)
    The 250m walk to the mrt should take less than 3 mins easily. I timed myself 3 times. Good to hear that the developer is financially sound. I am not sure about capital appreciation but would love to see more like-minded folks staying in HVP basing their purchase on whether they liked to stay there themselves, before consideration of renting it out at a good rental or selling it at a profit. I would love to see the property I bought to rent out well & appreciate, but that was not the basis which I based on my decision to buy. I bought the small unit because I really liked it. It may be silly of me.

You know what they say when a guy can't give a simple answer to a simple question... He's probably full of it. Cheers mate
    Any negativities have already been pointed out.

To all others who are vested, I'm sure due consideration have been given. To others who are still deluded, lets just say two is not necessarily better than one.
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    Thanks for sharing your view on vesting in HVP. I have also bought an unit facing mindef (didn't know about the hill view though but I really wish to see it from my balcony & bedroom as i bought a higher floor at the shorter block.)
    The 250m walk to the mrt should take less than 3 mins easily. I timed myself 3 times. Good to hear that the developer is financially sound. I am not sure about capital appreciation but would love to see more like-minded folks staying in HVP basing their purchase on whether they liked to stay there themselves, before consideration of renting it out at a good rental or selling it at a profit. I would love to see the property I bought to rent out well & appreciate, but that was not the basis which I based on my decision to buy. I bought the small unit because I really liked it. It may be silly of me.
    My friend also initially considered it but he was put off by a Lanai agent (another condo, freehold or 99 years) one. The agent said if stay, hillview ok, very serene but if rent, he asked us to find another place. He said Hillview is full of condos, are you going to lower your rent to rent out the unit? You may also find that it is difficult to rent out since there's lots of supply. Why not just buy another area where there is not so many condo (one reason why J Gateway sold out)? That's why after that I think what he said is logical. So Lanai agent say one, not HVP agent say. HVP agent actually, very professional.

ITA- also happy to see like minded people buying HVP- liking the property is most important. I bought one ground floor unit to chill out on the patio facing the hill. Your unit facing mindef will likely have view of the hill - especially on higher floor. my other half and I sometimes drive down to the site itself just to check on the construction progress... and look at the hill haha don't know whether it's just me, but personally I feel the air there is always quite cool and refreshing

Smile

My friend also initially considered it but he was put off by a Lanai agent (another condo, freehold or 99 years) one. The agent said if stay, hillview ok, very serene but if rent, he asked us to find another place. He said Hillview is full of condos, are you going to lower your rent to rent out the unit? You may also find that it is difficult to rent out since there's lots of supply. Why not just buy another area where there is not so many condo (one reason why J Gateway sold out)? That's why after that I think what he said is logical. So Lanai agent say one, not HVP agent say. HVP agent actually, very professional.
    The Lanai agent so funny. Isn't Lanai at Hillview too? Anyway, seriously planning to stay at HVP when TOP. Just bought a nice painting to hang in the living hall.

Smile

ITA- also happy to see like minded people buying HVP- liking the property is most important. I bought one ground floor unit to chill out on the patio facing the hill. Your unit facing mindef will likely have view of the hill - especially on higher floor. my other half and I sometimes drive down to the site itself just to check on the construction progress... and look at the hill haha don't know whether it's just me, but personally I feel the air there is always quite cool and refreshing
    I heard at least 120 plus like minded buyers so far. Looking forward to the hill view. Air there is definitely fresher (provided no haze). hope that we didn't be seen like hard selling HVP.

The Lanai agent so funny. Isn't Lanai at Hillview too? Anyway, seriously planning to stay at HVP when TOP. Just bought a nice painting to hang in the living hall.
    Yes, he very funny. I think maybe because we dress in bermudas and t-shirt or he was being honest.

Smile

I heard at least 120 plus like minded buyers so far. Looking forward to the hill view. Air there is definitely fresher (provided no haze). hope that we didn't be seen like hard selling HVP.
    I looking forward to the following:
    a. To check out what HillV2 has to offer as a smaller shopping centre & what can I get from there without traveling when I am staying there.
    b. to try out the DTL2 mrt to see how it can serve me in transportation.
    c. To see the final take up rate at TOP.
    Something to look forward to from now till end 2016 (3 yrs 5 mths or more).

Smile

Yes, he very funny. I think maybe because we dress in bermudas and t-shirt or he was being honest.
    I walked past this showflat advertising Freehold at a reasonable psf price but strangely seemed to have no client there. I assumed that it has probably sold majority of the units & at its final stage. If the salesman thought so lowly of the project that he or she is marketing & assumed that all potential client looking for is rental, then it will be his loss & his agency's (not that rental yield is not important, I must add but there are other consideration unique to individual buyer).

I read the recent development just wanna say......if it's for own stay whatever reasons be it be pro/cons doesn't matter anymore becos as long as you are happy = win!

For short-term investment point of view. (Like you going to sell it once it TOP) i can understand why some brothers like autumnwinds have strong objection regarding this property as it may not give the best returns.

Even for rental, some of our keen eyed bro have concerns.

When we argue, we really need to put in prospective what goal we trying to achieve. If u truely want to "invest" (maximizing profits) HVP may not be the best choice but if u want to argue u make 1 dollar also win then nobody can argue with that.

Ok, that's my 2 cents worth.

The irony is rental yields is actually the WORST in the prime districts. When you look at the rental, one must always divide the rental against the capital value you pay for the property. I think Hillview rental yields is not great now mainly because it has poor transportation and only those tenants who drive (which is not many) will rent such a place. Most of the tenants in my development actually owns cars. But with the completion of the MRT, rental demand will definitely go up. The agent is only speaking from his perspective NOW, but remember, investing is always about the FUTURE. Whether a place has potential compared to another place which is fully developed. If you notice, a lot of popular condo launches are near EXISTING MRT stations, e.g. Jurong and Tanah Merah because people only see the situation now. As to whether it's better to buy a private property amongst HDB flats like Jurong so that it is more rare, it is up to the individual. The beauty with staying in an exclusive private estate is it feels safer and there are less trespassers who come and use your facilities because all your neighbouring condos all have their swimming pools and tennis courts and no one will bother to use your facilities. I know condos surrounded by HDB always have problems.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73
    I read the recent development just wanna say......if it's for own stay whatever reasons be it be pro/cons doesn't matter anymore becos as long as you are happy = win!

For short-term investment point of view. (Like you going to sell it once it TOP) i can understand why some brothers like autumnwinds have strong objection regarding this property as it may not give the best returns.

Even for rental, some of our keen eyed bro have concerns.

When we argue, we really need to put in prospective what goal we trying to achieve. If u truely want to "invest" (maximizing profits) HVP may not be the best choice but if u want to argue u make 1 dollar also win then nobody can argue with that.

Ok, that's my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks. though i am quite old but really have had no experience in buying property before. i am not sure of what is ahead except a place to look forward to. didn't mean to argue, just replying to the two replies to my earlier posting. didn't have enough knowledge myself to argue in the first place.