Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Condo Launch at Jln Lempeng: 390m to Clementi MRT Station

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    IOI is a big plantation company and one of the big property developer in Malaysia. they have deep pockets. I recalled that for another JLD project - lakefront, they price in future price and took about 1 year to sell out. but i think now is not the right timing for the developer to use this method.

MCL now has 2 projects in JLD.

MCL was briefly caught in 08-09 time and base on history, they prefer to sell out than taking a wait and sell slowly approach.
    Actually for JLD project you can afford to wait because there are so many mega projects around JLD TOP in 2014/2015. Come 2015/6, the entire place will be buzzing.

Tomorrow, we will get to see who are bidding for the commercial plot at venture ave.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

the developer is really putting their price on high end. but if we compare apple to apple (similar unit size, pool facing, similar level) with D'leedon and Echelon, it is about S$200psf cheaper. quite reasonable, isn't it? Besides, the floor plan of Dleedon is much more efficient than D'Leedon.

although clementi is considered OCR, but the HDB price is quite comparable to Queenstown and redhill, meaning the market is there.

I am puzzled why no one says Echelon is over priced. It is only two stand alone building mah, with one side facing MRT track, th other facing the noisy Alexandra road. No famous primary school either, Crescent girls school? there are a lot of schools of similar standard all over singapore. Near Tanglin road? using my daughters word "who like to live in Orchard or China Town? no place to eat la".

I got said that. Echelon is overpriced. But this project is super overpriced. Chop carrot cake. Chop until left nothing. 1.6 to 1.8k psf for studio.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    the developer is really putting their price on high end. but if we compare apple to apple (similar unit size, pool facing, similar level) with D'leedon and Echelon, it is about S$200psf cheaper. quite reasonable, isn't it? Besides, the floor plan of Dleedon is much more efficient than D'Leedon.

although clementi is considered OCR, but the HDB price is quite comparable to Queenstown and redhill, meaning the market is there.

I am puzzled why no one says Echelon is over priced. It is only two stand alone building mah, with one side facing MRT track, th other facing the noisy Alexandra road. No famous primary school either, Crescent girls school? there are a lot of schools of similar standard all over singapore. Near Tanglin road? using my daughters word "who like to live in Orchard or China Town? no place to eat la".

Asking Singland and Wingtai. They will tell you why
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

In terms of rental, I guess the MM in trilinq will be quite comparable to that of echelon considering one north, NUS and science park are all near to trilinq.

echelon price ranges from 1700+~2200PSF, if trilinq ranges from 1600~1800, it is a bargain compared to Echelon?

Quote: [I got said that. Echelon is overpriced. But this project is super overpriced. Chop carrot cake. Chop until left nothing. 1.6 to 1.8k psf for studio.]

u get chopped by developer once or twice, get chopped by bank for 30y but get chopped by central bank for whole life
    Ride at your own risk !!!

i focus on quantum only, for me, 850k, echelon is a much better choice than trilinq

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    u get chopped by developer once or twice, get chopped by bank for 30y but get chopped by central bank for whole life
    WOAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.... very smart analogy !

Maybe, 2-bedder is the best choice for people who like Trilinq.

the phrase "death by a thousand cuts" comes to mind.

talking about price, my hunch is that the property price cannot drop without a crisis, while some people tell me that it will drop in 2015 when the interest rates rise. any expert here can enlight what is the probability of interest rise by 2015? or interest will continue to keep low in the coming 10 years?

for the benefit of the newcomers, the question to ask is under what circumstances do interest go up. on the back of weak economic fundamentals or strong fundamentals?

No one in the right mind will pay 1.7k psf for rental in Clementi and it is not even near MRT in the first place. 99 years, 10 mins walk to MRT, forget it. Own stay, still acceptable because you might like the area.

If you talk about rental, I rather pay 1.8 to 1.9k for Icon.

As for upside - Icon selling 2.2k or Clementi selling at 2k psf more feasible?

In terms of rental, I guess the MM in trilinq will be quite comparable to that of echelon considering one north, NUS and science park are all near to trilinq.

echelon price ranges from 1700+~2200PSF, if trilinq ranges from 1600~1800, it is a bargain compared to Echelon?

Quote: [I got said that. Echelon is overpriced. But this project is super overpriced. Chop carrot cake. Chop until left nothing. 1.6 to 1.8k psf for studio.]

makes sense if you are not comparing the price of Trilinq high floor with that of Icon low floor.

when I were rich ,will buy Icon 2-bedder. hopefully, it won't be too old at that time

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    No one in the right mind will pay 1.7k psf for rental in Clementi and it is not even near MRT in the first place. 99 years, 10 mins walk to MRT, forget it. Own stay, still acceptable because you might like the area.

is over supply considered as a crisis? interest rate can only go up and it cannot be kept at this level forever. Having said that it will likely rise on the backdrop of better economy, hence, fear of high unemployment coupled with higher interest situation will not likely happen...nothing impossible....just be prudent.

talking about price, my hunch is that the property price cannot drop without a crisis, while some people tell me that it will drop in 2015 when the interest rates rise. any expert here can enlight what is the probability of interest rise by 2015? or interest will continue to keep low in the coming 10 years?

is it true that 1.7k psf??
    what's the no of units sold? You are rite, not in rite mind set to pay at this level...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    is it true that 1.7k psf??
    what's the no of units sold? You are rite, not in rite mind set to pay at this level...
    I believe 1 bedder starts at around 1500+. 1.7k are for higher floor unit.

Interest rate increase doesn't cause market to crash , there only one event that will cause the market to crash and it start with the letter r.

hows the status?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

I took the figures from the news. 1589 psf to 1800 psf. So I assume 1700psf is mid floor.

I took the figures from the news. 1589 psf to 1800 psf. So I assume 1700psf is mid floor.
    perhaps those prices are before discount. If they can sell at 1500-1600 in that area is consider a big achievement because 999 across AYE is only transacted at around 1300-1400psf (slightly bigger of course).

perhaps those prices are before discount. If they can sell at 1500-1600 in that area is consider a big achievement because 999 across AYE is only transacted at around 1300-1400psf (slightly bigger of course).
    I think the price is after discount. Actually no discount at all. heard that the developer aimed to launch at that price end of last year.

the location and facility may explains the difference in trilinq and condo in west coast area.

Thirteens years ago, standing on the overhead bridge linking Ghim Moh and Holland village, I am wondering why there was a more than 10% difference in HDB prices between Ghim Moh and Holland village. there was only a overhead bridge distance. 40k difference for a 200k+ HDB, I prefered to walk across the bridge every day. actually, I crossed it less than once a month lah.. Until today, i think the more than 10% price difference is still there.

When coming back from the showflat of trilinq, facing the Parc condo opposite the AYE, I am puzzled again. In terms of direct distance to clementi MRT, Parc condo cannot be further than trilinq. I asked myself, shall I buy parc condo or hundred tree? The AYE scared me back.

then I give a call to an agent selling the Anchorage. The asking price is 1300+psf. I response promptly "so expensive?". the agent said, Queens sold at 1300-144psf lah, ancorage is FH, blah, blah... People are more incline to buy 99-year Queens than FH Anchrage, which means the so call FH is also rubish in a bull market, right....

location and facility, how much on earth are you worth in SG?

Thumbs up

Cannot agree more with you.

Hope the greedy developer rot with their unsold units - especially the malaysian ones.

I think the price is after discount. Actually no discount at all. heard that the developer aimed to launch at that price end of last year.

the location and facility may explains the difference in trilinq and condo in west coast area.

Thirteens years ago, standing on the overhead bridge linking Ghim Moh and Holland village, I am wondering why there was a more than 10% difference in HDB prices between Ghim Moh and Holland village. there was only a overhead bridge distance. 40k difference for a 200k+ HDB, I prefered to walk across the bridge every day. actually, I crossed it less than once a month lah.. Until today, i think the more than 10% price difference is still there.

When coming back from the showflat of trilinq, facing the Parc condo opposite the AYE, I am puzzled again. In terms of direct distance to clementi MRT, Parc condo cannot be further than trilinq. I asked myself, shall I buy parc condo or hundred tree? The AYE scared me back.

then I give a call to an agent selling the Anchorage. The asking price is 1300+psf. I response promptly "so expensive?". the agent said, Queens sold at 1300-144psf lah, ancorage is FH, blah, blah... People are more incline to buy 99-year Queens than FH Anchrage, which means the so call FH is also rubish in a bull market, right....

location and facility, how much on earth are you worth in SG?

Default Units sold?

So far anyone know how many units had been sold for this project ? I only saw Sennette Residence make the news headline with more then 70% sold from he first week !!!!

even if 100+ units for > 700+ total units = < 20% sold lor. 10 to 20% sold. greedy developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    So far anyone know how many units had been sold for this project ? I only saw Sennette Residence make the news headline with more then 70% sold from he first week !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    even if 100+ units for > 700+ total units = < 20% sold lor. 10 to 20% sold. greedy developer.
    For the first phase, the developer launched only 200+ units, among which, more than half are facing MRT track. However, some are more than 100 meters away from MRT ( I tested, not very noisy) but some are only 40 meters away from Clementi avenue 6 (no way to test the noise level).

Not sure if they have launched any new phase.

Wow with the current sales based on the first launch is already so bad, I will say these 1st phase launch are the great units for investment but seen like not moving, second phase launch won't be easy for them

For the first phase, the developer launched only 200+ units, among which, more than half are facing MRT track. However, some are more than 100 meters away from MRT ( I tested, not very noisy) but some are only 40 meters away from Clementi avenue 6 (no way to test the noise level).

Not sure if they have launched any new phase.

Over-rated, and over-priced. Wish they will be in same situation as Poh Lian. Crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    Wow with the current sales based on the first launch is already so bad, I will say these 1st phase launch are the great units for investment but seen like not moving, second phase launch won't be easy for them
    To be fair, according to my criteria, the developer launched all the lousy units, with two good stacks (stack 9 and stack 12) for the 1st phase. not sure whether they are the great units for investment, but absoutely not the best for own stay.

Usually for investment are all the lousy units with poor facing or low floor u it or odd layout, etc and they are of course usually the lowest cost and best selection for investment with low qurterum. If developer going to launch the good units and better option for staying I think the places would more of a rocket high pricing .....

To be fair, according to my criteria, the developer launched all the lousy units, with two good stacks (stack 9 and stack 12) for the 1st phase. not sure whether they are the great units for investment, but absoutely not the best for own stay.