Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your opinion on Sunshine Plaza, Bencoolen and Burlinton Sq

Greeting to you and No offence, in my reply.

Taking two lifts changes is not a measure of security or rather it is the composition of the mixed development and layout. If you have viewed Burlington Square, then, maybe you would not write such a comment or like you say - skewed. You can reach the apartment from the carpark directly.

You are right that the current quarter URA rental for the 75th - 100th percentile is higher in The Bencoolen and let me share a little information with you. The Bencoolen was developed by Hong Leong and I was one of the people trying to buy one at the time, but an investment company bought it wholesale except one unit. Currently, this investment company still holds some units and they, being having deep pockets don't lower rent and note that they provide maids and cleaning services and so the rental is higher. If units at Burlington Square provides the same service, don't you think that the rent will be higher. Also note that in statistics, we ignore the highest and lowest as freak result. That is background to you.

The real comparison is the resale price. In the latest from URA, the unit goes for 1050 psf as of last transaction in April 2010 and no more transaction since then. The Burlington Square last transaction was 1191 psf done in June 2010

Ultimately, where you buy is a choice that a buyer make and even the worst property will still be transacted at its appropriate cost. We all defer in our views or else, the world will be mono colour and we will all buy the same brand of car. I wish you well, if you are buying in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexx
    Huh? Do you mean you've to take the lift "twice" to reach the apartment, from ground flr to 5th flr, then change at 5th flr to higher flr? I can only think of this explanation for having 2 security counters, and you call this "quite tight" security Regardless of all the busy, feng shui, temple etc.. Ultimately whether a place is conducive to stay or not, the rental tenants are willing to pay tells it all, just go check (I believe you had?) URA's rental statistics, you'll know which one is leading. Don't get me wrong, I like both, including sunshine plaza (they all have their pros and cons), I just find your comparison.. er.. a bit skewed

Greetings to you too. No offence also, just stating my observation.

For sunshine and bencoolen, aren't both of them mixed development also? Do they need to take the lift "twice" to reach the apartment?

Er.. what makes you think that I'm refering "only" to the 75th - 100th percentile rental figures (which you think bencoolen leads due to the investment company providing value added services)? Go look at the lower percentile and median in the past few quarters/years.

Is there a reason why you only take the highest transacted price for comparison? You seems to be contradicting yourself in your comparison logic by implying, in rental, don't just look at higher percentile, but in transacted price, look at higher percentile. Shouldn't we also consider lower percentile and median for transacted price as well?

There are valuation tools around to compare these median transacted figures from database actually.

Quote Originally Posted by munich18
    Greeting to you and No offence, in my reply.

Taking two lifts changes is not a measure of security or rather it is the composition of the mixed development and layout. If you have viewed Burlington Square, then, maybe you would not write such a comment or like you say - skewed. You can reach the apartment from the carpark directly.

You are right that the current quarter URA rental for the 75th - 100th percentile is higher in The Bencoolen and let me share a little information with you. The Bencoolen was developed by Hong Leong and I was one of the people trying to buy one at the time, but an investment company bought it wholesale except one unit. Currently, this investment company still holds some units and they, being having deep pockets don't lower rent and note that they provide maids and cleaning services and so the rental is higher. If units at Burlington Square provides the same service, don't you think that the rent will be higher. Also note that in statistics, we ignore the highest and lowest as freak result. That is background to you.

The real comparison is the resale price. In the latest from URA, the unit goes for 1050 psf as of last transaction in April 2010 and no more transaction since then. The Burlington Square last transaction was 1191 psf done in June 2010

Ultimately, where you buy is a choice that a buyer make and even the worst property will still be transacted at its appropriate cost. We all defer in our views or else, the world will be mono colour and we will all buy the same brand of car. I wish you well, if you are buying in the area.

I am not going into any argument with you. Do you own a unit at The Bencoolen? If you are so good, then - congratulations and keep it up and maybe Singapore needs a person like you for sustain economic growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexx
    Greetings to you too. No offence also, just stating my observation.

For sunshine and bencoolen, aren't both of them mixed development also? Do they need to take the lift "twice" to reach the apartment?

Er.. what makes you think that I'm refering "only" to the 75th - 100th percentile rental figures (which you think bencoolen leads due to the investment company providing value added services)? Go look at the lower percentile and median in the past few quarters/years.

Is there a reason why you only take the highest transacted price for comparison? You seems to be contradicting yourself in your comparison logic by implying, in rental, don't just look at higher percentile, but in transacted price, look at higher percentile. Shouldn't we also consider lower percentile and median for transacted price as well?

There are valuation tools around to compare these median transacted figures from database actually.

Nope .

Quote Originally Posted by munich18
    I am not going into any argument with you. Do you own a unit at The Bencoolen? If you are so good, then - congratulations and keep it up and maybe Singapore needs a person like you for sustain economic growth.

The Rochor Station is next to Sim Lim Square and certainly not 180 metres. I can confirm that you can throw a stone and hit it. This station connects to Brash Basah and Chinatown in the south west and Tampinese in the east. Of course, there are interchange stations along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by doraemon1
    Hi Devilplate,

I can tell you why anytime more sellers for burlington than bencoolen. There are 179 units in Burlington Square while there are only 80 units in Bencoolen. Hence why

Munich18: thanks for the review I think you are right that Rochor station being 0.18km from Burlington will bring up the prices in future as it links direct to the new Downtown.

Hexx: So which would you buy ultimately?

Anyone can elaborate on the future Bugis mrt interchange and Rochor Station serving as downtown line 2 and 3 interchange?

Hi Munich

Yes, the rochor station is just at doorstep of burlington square. i wonder if it links direct to the new marina financial centre....not sure if it's an interchange like serangoon/dolby ghaut.

about sunshine plaza, you mentioned isolated meaning the prices/rent are lower than burlington square? actually i thought sunshine is closer to orchard so be better...but i heard a lot of china people staying there, not sure how true it is but recently, there were good reviews given on it in property guru. but i don't like the first floor where there are F & B shops and makes the place smells funny.

I have attached the train map and you check its relevance. To me, the Esplanade and Promenade Station via Bras Basah Station may be the answer to your connectivity to the Marina Financial Centre.

Sunshine Plaza prices are a tad lower. I agree with you that it is nearer to Orchard Road as the development is just across the Peace Centre. Basically, it all boils down to connectivity and convenience. Say, if you have a car, then your reasoning is correct, but if you don't drive and need to move around, then, a place near to a MRT Station would be a plus point, although, neither The Bencoolen or Burlington Square fits the bill at the moment. The next point is the availability of daily necessity, like grocery shopping and place to eat. At the Burlington Square, street life is busy and you can get anything you want. even a NTUC and also the Albert Food Centre.

I did a check on the URA website about rental at Sunshine Plaza for 2010Q1 and the median is 4.16. It is actually not a bad figure compared with the other two developments. As for sale, the URA website data shows that Sunshine Plaza is much lower, but then, we should also be cautious as it may be a freak transaction due to a special seller. Overall, my opinion is negative for Sunshine Plaza as the entrance has grills and reminds me of a jail place. Maybe you take a walk to Sunshine Plaza, if you are around the area to see for the first hand.

Good review in Property Guru for Sunshine Plaza or for that matter, any development may be written by a housing agent trying to market the place or the owners themselves. From Internet review experience, generally you can believe bad review and not good review.

As for China nationals staying there, I am not sure and it is best to direct the question to the Managing Agent on site. I own properties and I have been to China and my impression tells me that the China nationals are more kiasu than you and me and that they are the best economic student, meaning - maximizing utilities. Take note of that I have negative experience in renting to them and of course, I also have bad tenants from other countries, so it boils down to interviewing them and having drastic tenancy agreement to hold them. If you have housing agent friends, then you talk to them as to what race or nationality that most owners will avoid and you will get the picture. I don't want to sound racist, but "get real".

You are right about the smell from F & B outlets. It is a fact and I also notice it. Another point is the presence of pests like rats and cockroaches. You open the rubbish chute and if there are physical evidence by their presence or eggs, then you have an infestation.

I don't want to skew your property purchase or rental, but know your objectives and you won't be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by doraemon1
    Hi Munich

Yes, the rochor station is just at doorstep of burlington square. i wonder if it links direct to the new marina financial centre....not sure if it's an interchange like serangoon/dolby ghaut.

about sunshine plaza, you mentioned isolated meaning the prices/rent are lower than burlington square? actually i thought sunshine is closer to orchard so be better...but i heard a lot of china people staying there, not sure how true it is but recently, there were good reviews given on it in property guru. but i don't like the first floor where there are F & B shops and makes the place smells funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are already so close to MRT? Why still hope for another? To add to conjestion?

When there are more people, everything slows down. Even trying to walk across the street is a problem.

In the past, people live in houses far apart from each other. But with modernisation, people actually want to stay closer together, in smaller units, with bad quality air and the usual rush hour peak. And they are willing to pay higher prices for that? Go with the flow and make a killing.

In 2015, the Rochor mrt will be almost at the doorstep of Burlington Square condo and links to stations such as Bugis, Promenade, Bayfront...Chinatown as part of Downtown line 2 so it makes it even more convenient for commuters to reach the Marina Financial Centre. Now, a short walk to Bras Basah station can access to places in the Circle line. Bugis station is undergoing construction to become an interchange to ease congestion. It is the government's plan for the city area to be super well-connected via mrt. This place is really very convenient in terms of amenities as well and the units in the condo are rented out very easily to expats.

Post Buyers Agent Gold Coast

According to statistics, 67% of Australian homes are occupied by the owner, with 32% being rented. These owner-occupied homes represent huge investments made by ambitious Australians hoping to get the most out of the real estate market.

But are their gains guaranteed and automatic? And did all of them buy the best value?

How much you earn or lose from real estate depends on several factors, the most significant being how much it cost to acquire the property. Even if you’re buying a home for your family, you don’t want to spend excessive money on a piece of property that should’ve cost you less.

That’s where a buyers agent comes in. If you live in Gold Coast, investing in its real estate market is a significant endeavor that can be highly profitable if you work with the right professional, such as Amassed.