Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Property is for you to hold tight tight, keep long long....

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default Property is for you to hold tight tight, keep long long....

Property is for you to hold tight tight, keep long long....

true story...
    - 30yrs ago my hdb neighbour bought their 5rm hdb at S$39K
    - now they are renting out the hdb at S$3K/month...
    - can you calculate the rental yield base on bought price...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis

true story...

Agreed. So buy more to keep but provided you can afford.
    Am targeting to get one every 3 years. If wait for every cycle
    get one may take 30 years. Teo Bo?

true story...

The problem is....each one can only own one HDB. If we can own muliple will be ho say man! Haha...

In the early stage, public housing are meant for the needy, but now it becomes the "earning money tool". Human has the most powerful brain.

5yrs cost of opportunity is too much given the increasingly short 'cycles', thats if this concept of cycle still relevant.

Not to mention in your example case its 30yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Agreed. So buy more to keep but provided you can afford.
    Am targeting to get one every 3 years. If wait for every cycle
    get one may take 30 years. Teo Bo?
    personal view is every time you hit 40-50% LTV, you can move on to the next unit. if maintain this view, you already doing dollar cost averaging, and can heck care about the cycle.

it is called hold long term vs active mgmt
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    personal view is every time you hit 40-50% LTV, you can move on to the next unit. if maintain this view, you already doing dollar cost averaging, and can heck care about the cycle.
    That my plan....

with current CMs... if you have existing loan, already 60% LTV when you get a new property. to get to 50% LTV, prices just needs to go up 10%... easily achievable in a couple of year...

how about when you reach target of buying 2 and hold on buying till a dip ? then at one go buy >1 ?

45 years ago a freehold landed residential property in city fringe is only $10,000 and a piece of freehold (FH) industrial land in paya lebar is only $16,000. Hence, properties that are FH and in good location are bought and to be kept for passive income and capital appreciation. Therefore, should continue to buy more and keep them, especially the good FH ones.

true story...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    how about when you reach target of buying 2 and hold on buying till a dip ? then at one go buy >1 ?
    no hard and fast rules lah. this method also can, provided you got balls during the worst of the worst to enter mkt

the good thing about dollar cost averaging is that it is a disciplined approach and once the parameters are right, you exercise your next move. this is irregardless of mkt condition (give or take). of course the necessary precautions should be in place, eg: spare cash for 6 months no rental, etc etc.

i presume being seasoned investor, all these are a given. no need to say one.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    In the early stage, public housing are meant for the needy, but now it becomes the "earning money tool". Human has the most powerful brain.
    Sis,
    Where did the land come from??
    We have to thank the early batches who "graciously" gave up the land....

Talking

true story...

Agreed to the fullest. But need to have bullet to continuing on buying

true story...

If you factor in inflation, S$39K 30 years ago is worth S$1Mil in today's dollars ..

Quote Originally Posted by cmchong77
    If you factor in inflation, S$39K 30 years ago is worth S$1Mil in today's dollars ..
    Yes need to factor in time value of money. Opportunity costs is often neglected too

true story...

The only problem is our economic growth and expansion will not be the same as the last 30 years. In fact if our govt choose the wrong path, we may end up like Japan....20 years of stagnation and counting.

What if opposition party take over? Will u all sell your properties?? Seriously if the whinning generation or youngster want it to be that way. Sad case.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben
    The problem is....each one can only own one HDB. If we can own muliple will be ho say man! Haha...
    Divorce and you can own 2. Husband 1 and wife 1.

yday, CNA show an interview with SingXpress CEO, he said i bought at the bottom and i sold at at the peak.

that's how he become a developer

yday, CNA show an interview with SingXpress CEO, he said i bought at the bottom and i sold at at the peak.

that's how he become a developer
    and he is selling the tampines EC now.

people who sold and bought back after correction are always sitting on better profit then those holding on....

but only we are confident of timing the mkt

no hard and fast rules lah. this method also can, provided you got balls during the worst of the worst to enter mkt

the good thing about dollar cost averaging is that it is a disciplined approach and once the parameters are right, you exercise your next move. this is irregardless of mkt condition (give or take). of course the necessary precautions should be in place, eg: spare cash for 6 months no rental, etc etc.

i presume being seasoned investor, all these are a given. no need to say one.
    But singexpress CEO tell you .. Timing is everything in Property Investing.Missed the moneymind segment yesterday... hope to catch it online

people making this earning option..!!

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Sis,
    Where did the land come from??
    We have to thank the early batches who "graciously" gave up the land....
    bro, clear your full mailbox

people who sold and bought back after correction are always sitting on better profit then those holding on....

but only we are confident of timing the mkt
    more often than not, those who do it consistently right in 2-3 cycles are good at it. otherwise, it's just heng heng to catch one cycle correctly. i think most are heng.

tell it to those who in 2010/2011 shouting mkt will fall. until now, only go higher and higher. or those who sell just b4 lehman bro.

if i recall correctly one interview with peter lim (or some other tycoon), he said heng heng he divorce 6 months b4 the mkt crash, else he also caught with pants down.

more often than not, those who do it consistently right in 2-3 cycles are good at it. otherwise, it's just heng heng to catch one cycle correctly. i think most are heng.

tell it to those who in 2010/2011 shouting mkt will fall. until now, only go higher and higher. or those who sell just b4 lehman bro.

if i recall correctly one interview with peter lim (or some other tycoon), he said heng heng he divorce 6 months b4 the mkt crash, else he also caught with pants down.

Bro, market crash, difficult to predict.... U just need to get off the bus at or simei... If bus move from jurong to changi...

Market going up, just buy when down.... When everything is gloomy.... When u can nego, means market damn siong... 09 was unique, recovery too fast because of QE. Even our mm said, worst is yet to come... Remember... I hear him say like that I also shiver, but my wallet was very thick... So I was waiting for the moment... Then came QE, sian, no choice... Must dive in... So went in... So, morale of the story, every cycle is same and yet different.... U need to open your eyes and don't be fooled... Mny got fooled by Lehman crisis...

Sorry, I relook, everything different leh... Let me reword.

Bro, market crash, difficult to predict.... U just need to get off the bus at pasir ris or simei... If bus move from jurong to changi...

Market easier to read when down.... When everything is gloomy.... When u can nego, means market damn siong... 09 was unique, recovery too fast because of QE. Even our minister mentor said, worst is yet to come... Remember???. I hear him say like that I also shiver, but my wallet was very thick... So I was waiting for the moment... Then came QE, sian, no choice... Must dive in... So went in... So, morale of the story, every cycle is same and yet different.... U need to open your eyes and don't be fooled... Many got fooled by Lehman crisis...[/QUOTE]

agree that mkt down easier to predict.. last last crisis, STI 900 pts i think. so last crisis, i predict STI 1200 pts i will enter. jialat, hit 1500 pts then bounce back leow. i also enter but din dare to enter much, after that cheong all the way to 3000 now and tio stuck

morale of the story.. you never get to buy at lowest. just pray you never buy at highest.

aiyo.. guru, now high or not ha?

Wah Piangzzzz ...

Why got people start this kinda thread when I just got an offer for one of my properties one ...

That means what ? It is a sign that I shldnt is it ?!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Wah Piangzzzz ...

Why got people start this kinda thread when I just got an offer for one of my properties one ...

That means what ? It is a sign that I shldnt is it ?!

DKSG
    Bro, u damn funny. Make me laugh... U sell and buy got hit by absd or not? If not, then got option wat. If yes, painful... Everytime buy, size will shrink. Imagine buy 2 mil have to pay extra 60k. Siong man. Hahahaha

But hor, I know u joking one lah... U so savvy, sekali, u my boss... Also in forum.