Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why do chinese LOVE gambling..

Actually my family gambles quite a fair bit too, and we aren't Chinese.

My aunts/uncles can spend hundreds of dollars (each!) every weekend on 4D alone. And family gatherings/deepavali/Christmas would always have a table playing blackjack!

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk
    Same here. I was brought up watching grandparents and relatives playing mahjong day in and out, and fortunately, I wasn't hooked on it. In fact, I dislike all forms of gambling, don't buy 4 D, toto and I can even get bored playing the jackpot machine. I don't consider shares gambling as I paid for all the shares I bought. no contra play.

Oh butter, wanna ask you. How many of you share the T-bone steak at La Barca? Last night both of us ordered one T-bone steak and one dessert for sharing. Couldn't even finish half of the T-bone and had to doggy bag the other portion. Tuscan style T-bone is too juicy and rare on the inside and I regretted not taking up chef's offer of a hot plate, after he carves the meat into pieces.

On the whole ambience is cosy, very relaxing, comfortable and service is attentive, polite and fast. My 1 kg T-bone steak after discount is $85 (only on Thurs), which is only slightly cheaper than restaurants in town. I am not a meat eater and will order the stew and pizza on my next visit.

It's always nice to try new eating places, so thanks again for recommending this fairly new restaurant in an unusual place. Just don't go with high expectations.
    Had T bone wagyu steak at Larbarca.
    4 of us ordered 2 kg of steak with truffle sauce.
    Really delicious.
    Took some photos.
    Sorry about the quality.
    Did not bring a proper camera but used my old android phone.

Remember - only on Thursday nite there will be 15% discount on their speciality steak.

Btw it was full house.
    Better to make reservation.

Entrance

Inside

Lobster bisque and bread (there were 5 of them)

Starter - scallops

1kg of wagyu T bone steak with truffle sauce and roast potatoes- medium rare.

Hot plate to cook some parts of the steak which may be too rare.
    Spinach.

cheers sis better spend money on food than gambling...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    cheers sis better spend money on food than gambling...
    Yup bro !
    Good food nourishes the body and soul whereas gambling pollutes the mind and encourages greed.
    I like your new signature about wifi, especially when 3G is so slow!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Yup bro !
    Good food nourishes the body and soul whereas gambling pollutes the mind and encourages greed.
    I like your new signature about wifi, especially when 3G is so slow!
    haha that was inspired by my recent trip to KL i stayed in my cousin BIG house...and FELT so at Home the minute i opened my macbook air and got Connected to the WIFI.......really felt like home
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast