Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: RiverGate (D9, Freehold, Capitaland)

I have a interest to purchase a 2 bedders at Rivergate which is either stack 13, 14 or 16. Anybody here know which stack is better?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if i am retired .. then i might donate part of the money to charity ..
    ...many unfortunate children need helps....

I asked opinion for 2 bedders in RG in my previous post & somebody here brought out other thing like "many unfortunate children need helps" Is district 9 thread really so quiet? Can I invest in district 9 now?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why choose RG? What is so good about RG? So many units like mass market condo, quality so-so. Location wise also not that good (except going to pub - but security at the shops side may be an issue), so far from MRT station.

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    I asked opinion for 2 bedders in RG in my previous post & somebody here brought out other thing like "many unfortunate children need helps" Is district 9 thread really so quiet? Can I invest in district 9 now?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why choose RG? What is so good about RG? So many units like mass market condo, quality so-so. Location wise also not that good (except going to pub - but security at the shops side may be an issue), so far from MRT station.
    RG is very closed to my workplace n I can walk to work everyday. The other reason is the biggest land size n tallest condo in that area that I liked about RG.

Big land size but also 1 of the biggest number of units in any condo estate. Well, if close to your workplace then suitable for you, but what about your spouse, your kids? Have to walk so far to their work/school just to take MRT?

RG is very closed to my workplace n I can walk to work everyday. The other reason is the biggest land size n tallest condo in that area that I liked about RG.

Big land size but also 1 of the biggest number of units in any condo estate. Well, if close to your workplace then suitable for you, but what about your spouse, your kids? Have to walk so far to their work/school just to take MRT?
    Yes, I know but I like big project. No need for my wife n child to take MRT so no concern.

For own stay or investment?

I have a interest to purchase a 2 bedders at Rivergate which is either stack 13, 14 or 16. Anybody here know which stack is better?

looks like its for own stay....he work nearby mah....overall nice project...visited once when they just TOP...i rmb high flr 2bedder asking ard 1700psf at tat time...considered quite high at tat time (might as well buy smthing nearer to somerset)

the prices in RG breached 2000psf!!!! even hit 2150psf for 24th flr!!

99 Robertson Quay #24-13
    Freehold
    $2150
    $2244k
    09 Jul 10
    99 Robertson Quay #34-14
    Freehold
    $2101
    $2148k
    09 Jul 10
    99 Robertson Quay #29-14
    Freehold
    $2151
    $2199k
    09 Jul 10

my advice to u is to look at those projects nearer to somerset since u got such a high budget

The metz, suites @ central or even subsale one devonshire....2bedder ard 2-2.5kpsf +-...got NTUC nearby...5mins hit centrepoint and much more to offer. (haizzz, making me regret not to get a unit at suites@central last yr....super firesale )

definitely better value den RG currently....happy hunting

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ... making me regret not to get a unit at suites@central last yr....super firesale..
    ... making me regret not to get a unit in RG last year, when that Lippo fund offload 100 units at $1300/$1400ish. I still have that list of units with prices on my desk!

Lippo must have regreted selling at that time! The list I saw mostly $1400+ to 1700+ psf. $1300+ psf for low floor poorer facing units? Anyway, given a choice, I would pay more to get those around Ochard MRT and Somerset MRT area which is near to happening places and with lots more amenities than RG considering the high price of it now (unless the person is one of those special case who can walk to work from RG and spouse and kids don't need to take public transport and don't go shopping/ other activities...).

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ... making me regret not to get a unit in RG last year, when that Lippo fund offload 100 units at $1300/$1400ish. I still have that list of units with prices on my desk!

For own stay, it really depends on your priorities. Public transport may be a problem now till the thomson mrt line is up. But the space is nice, which the surrounding dev can't offer.

Stack 13,14: River view, Sentosa IR (or port view) for high floors (you can view the fireworks while watching tv)

Stack 16: City view, S'pore flyer (for high floors).

Best layout: Stack 14

My 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
    For own stay, it really depends on your priorities. Public transport may be a problem now till the thomson mrt line is up. But the space is nice, which the surrounding dev can't offer.

Stack 13,14: River view, Sentosa IR (or port view) for high floors (you can view the fireworks while watching tv)

Stack 16: City view, S'pore flyer (for high floors).

Best layout: Stack 14

My 2cents
    u got ur point too

those i mentioned nearer to somerset do not have much views even for the high flrs...except the metz(tats y the metz command the highest psf)

but seriously, i still believe ppty is all about location location location den followed by other stuff like view, space etc

Lippo must have regreted selling at that time! The list I saw mostly $1400+ to 1700+ psf. $1300+ psf for low floor poorer facing units? Anyway, given a choice, I would pay more to get those around Ochard MRT and Somerset MRT area which is near to happening places and with lots more amenities than RG considering the high price of it now (unless the person is one of those special case who can walk to work from RG and spouse and kids don't need to take public transport and don't go shopping/ other activities...).
    haha... he might as well get a studio for his own use.

House his family at a better location lah.

Agree with the locationx3.

u got ur point too

those i mentioned nearer to somerset do not have much views even for the high flrs...except the metz(tats y the metz command the highest psf)

but seriously, i still believe ppty is all about location location location den followed by other stuff like view, space etc

Wow! Suddenly this thread become active. TQ very much for all your input.

Some here think that RG location is not ideal comparing to project around devonshire. However, I still set my mind in RG becos it is uniquely located along river, resort feels, spacious, tall.

Neh! Not devonshire projects for me. They are too close to each other with no view & land size is too small although closer to MRT.

1 forumer here think that I don't like shopping & RG is not accessable to public transport & shopping centre which I find it strange since Greatworld city shopping centre & bus stop is just a stone throw away.

The other unique point is that I can take the rivertaxi from Grand Copthorne Hotel to access different spot along Singapore river.

In regards to the best layout of 2 bedders in RG, I think as long as the balcony is at the living hall not at the bedroom should be the best. For Facing wise, I still prefer river facing unit like stack 13 or 14.

since u oredi make up ur mind....y bother to ask for 2nd opinion in the first place

since u oredi make up ur mind....y bother to ask for 2nd opinion in the first place
    Please check my first posting about RG that I actually only asking opinion about best stack of 2 bedders in RG.

Then this thread suddenly become active n drifting away from my questions. Of course, I am very happy to take in other opinions from all forumer here. TQ very much again. Anything wrong with that?

Cool

Please check my first posting about RG that I actually only asking opinion about best stack of 2 bedders in RG.

Then this thread suddenly become active n drifting away from my questions. Of course, I am very happy to take in other opinions from all forumer here. TQ very much again. Anything wrong with that?
    if u cant find a good unit @ rivergate,u might wana consider newton suites. its a beautiful project located just beside goldhill square n mrt is just across the road. price range is around 1800psf+-.
    amenities wise,rivergate cant be compared to newton suites...

Rivergate is a nice project. If you are bent on the river facing units, do bear in mind that you may get the occasional stench from the river. I think someone mentioned earlier that he got a whiff when he visited a friend. His unit was fairly high up and so he found that surprising. I agree that some of the responses were really off the mark. Like for example why hawk Newton Suites when it's already clear the buyer likes Rivergate as its near enough for him to walk to work? Are you trying to say both developments are in the same neighbourhood?

I saw a unit on the 30+ storey and still can smell very strong stench (not just a a whiff) from the river! Terrible! Location wise not as good as others in the same price range.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Rivergate is a nice project. If you are bent on the river facing units, do bear in mind that you may get the occasional stench from the river. I think someone mentioned earlier that he got a whiff when he visited a friend. His unit was fairly high up and so he found that surprising. I agree that some of the responses were really off the mark. Like for example why hawk Newton Suites when it's already clear the buyer likes Rivergate as its near enough for him to walk to work? Are you trying to say both developments are in the same neighbourhood?

You may want to take a look at the living and dining rooms layout for the stacks 13 (same as stack 16) and 14. Stack 14 has semi/full length windows (river-facing) for both living and dining rooms whereas stack 13 has windows in the living room only and none in the dining room, making stack 14s much brighter units.

Best is to view both stacks to see the difference.

Wow! Suddenly this thread become active. TQ very much for all your input.

Some here think that RG location is not ideal comparing to project around devonshire. However, I still set my mind in RG becos it is uniquely located along river, resort feels, spacious, tall.

Neh! Not devonshire projects for me. They are too close to each other with no view & land size is too small although closer to MRT.

1 forumer here think that I don't like shopping & RG is not accessable to public transport & shopping centre which I find it strange since Greatworld city shopping centre & bus stop is just a stone throw away.

The other unique point is that I can take the rivertaxi from Grand Copthorne Hotel to access different spot along Singapore river.

In regards to the best layout of 2 bedders in RG, I think as long as the balcony is at the living hall not at the bedroom should be the best. For Facing wise, I still prefer river facing unit like stack 13 or 14.

So far, I have not smelt any river stench from my unit (river facing, >30 floor) but the river does look unsightly (muddy) after every rain.

I saw a unit on the 30+ storey and still can smell very strong stench (not just a a whiff) from the river! Terrible! Location wise not as good as others in the same price range.

You may want to take a look at the living and dining rooms layout for the stacks 13 (same as stack 16) and 14. Stack 14 has semi/full length windows (river-facing) for both living and dining rooms whereas stack 13 has windows in the living room only and none in the dining room, making stack 14s much brighter units.

Best is to view both stacks to see the difference.
    Thank you very much for yr useful tips. I will see both stack to compare.

You will get west sun for stacks 13/14 though.

Either you on air-con all day or you are out most of the time? I just go there to view only once and already experience that. Imagine if I am going to live there all day long?

So far, I have not smelt any river stench from my unit (river facing, >30 floor) but the river does look unsightly (muddy) after every rain.

I don't on the aircon most of the time and I'm back by 6pm. I love to open the windows to enjoy the breeze once i'm back. I don't experience the stench, seriously, not even when I jog along the river.

Either you on air-con all day or you are out most of the time? I just go there to view only once and already experience that. Imagine if I am going to live there all day long?

I don't on the aircon most of the time and I'm back by 6pm. I love to open the windows to enjoy the breeze once i'm back. I don't experience the stench, seriously, not even when I jog along the river.
    Hi qwertyuiop! Since u r a residence there, I believe that u r the right person here to provide good informations.

I will make appointment this weekends to view some 2 bedders units in RG. Who know that we might be neighbour?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    take it easy bro! just suggesting an alternative for him,not promotong or hawking any condos here..
    its up to me what i wish to say