Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone buy PC if they are eligible for EC?

Default Why would anyone buy PC if they are eligible for EC?

With the price of EC being 15-20% lower than PC in general, and closing up the design gaps these days, why would anyone who eligible for EC buying PC? Anyone you know eligible for EC buying PC?

alot of hdb upgrader are buying up the EC..

thus, it close up the gap between EC and PC
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by gilaone
    With the price of EC being 15-20% lower than PC in general, and closing up the design gaps these days, why would anyone who eligible for EC buying PC? Anyone you know eligible for EC buying PC?
    Not everyone is eligible to buy EC.
    If I can, without having to fulfill all those requirements, I will also buy one, ok?

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....C?OpenDocument

Quote Originally Posted by gilaone

EC has a 5 yr (cannot sell) restriction..

if you are eligible to buy EC and have NO intention of investing in more properties ... then you buy EC..

otherwise ..PC is the way to go

Use to be 5% quota for 2nd timer now is more but still there is queue nos.

actually with the 4y SSD, the diff narrows

new EC wait 2-3y construction, 5y MOP so can only sell after 7 or 8y
    new PC 4ySSD ... by the time construction over can sell liao

the key problem of EC is lousy location, more for own stay than investment

I think the reason why big or DK units are popular because it is so expensive that young couples need to buy jointly with parents to share the load
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I think the reason why big or DK units are popular because it is so expensive that young couples need to buy jointly with parents to share the load
    thus, it attract hdb upgrader..

parent sell old hdb and join children to live in new EC..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Hot spot like Punggol EC price shot up from 680psf to 750psf in just 1 year, while PC are price between 850psf to 930psf.
    There is a lack of EC in many area in the west, north, north center and some north east area like Hougang(Kovan), Serangoon, cheap ppty sure a lot ppl will go for it, only location just can't meet many buyer needs.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7
    Hot spot like Punggol EC price shot up from 680psf to 750psf in just 1 year, while PC are price between 850psf to 930psf.
    There is a lack of EC in many area in the west, north, north center and some north east area like Hougang(Kovan), Serangoon, cheap ppty sure a lot ppl will go for it, only location just can't meet many buyer needs.

some older ECs are pretty good

like Windermere ..at CCK ... next to primary school , walking distance to MRT ( mainline ) ..

and cheaper

Looking at 2000s TOP n 2010s onwards projects including EC/PC in most area in Sg, not considering their size n bay window or current big air-con ledge but just base on design of building facade with full glass window n balcony make the development looks more modern.

During my time, the EC s are located in punggol (10 years ago when there is no shopping centers, KPE or MRT ), yew tee or near NTU, etc. I got friends who bought these EC s and most of them are fully paid up by now. As for me, I chose to buy a pc (next to mrt) because I'm too lazy to spend time on traveling.

Pole who wanna keep both properties can only choose PC over EC.

Buy EC can't keep HDB flat for passive income.

Buy EC if any up side of prices in 5 yrs time can't sell.

Buy EC if financial distress, wan to sell also kena. Dunno wat restrictions.

But EC cheaper than PC.

Only urself hve the answer!

my best move : do nothing

hahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Not everyone is eligible to buy EC.
    If I can, without having to fulfill all those requirements, I will also buy one, ok?

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....C?OpenDocument
    Totally agree. If I can buy I will also buy one

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    EC has a 5 yr (cannot sell) restriction..

if you are eligible to buy EC and have NO intention of investing in more properties ... then you buy EC..

otherwise ..PC is the way to go
    Good point. Is it like beside not able to sell within 5 yrs, the owner also cannot buy another PC during the MOP?

This one make me laugh. By the way do you guys agree with this?

An EC is just like a real condo, with all the facilities. So when it’s time to sell, an EC will attain condo prices, right?
    Sure, if we apply logic. But Singapore’s property market respects logic like a Chinese factory respects work-life balance. It doesn’t matter that ECs also have private developers, or that ECs have the same facilities. They won’t fetch the same resale value as private condos.
    Here’s an e-mail from I got from a property agent, who summarizes the mentality:
    “The mentality of Singaporeans is that EC cannot be worth as much as private condo. If resale ECs try to reach condo prices, the private condos will just go up further. If you are a seller, will say ‘My private condo should sell at EC price’?”

EC is 99 LH
    PC you could have FH

If you already own HDB, buy EC means you will need to sell HDB.
    But buy PC, you can still keep your HDB (at least the current rule says so).

EC from developers need to wait 3years construction.

Resale EC is selling close to PC price.

buy EC 5 years can't buy PC. Also many older families don't qualify due to the income cap of $12k

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy

New PC from developers also need to wait 3 years right?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    New PC from developers also need to wait 3 years right?
    For those who need to move in immediately.

My 2nd statement explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy

This lead to my next question: Do we expect resale EC price to be on par with PC price?

With so many EC launched these 2 years, what will be the impact in 2020 when these EC are open for sales in secondary market?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh
    buy EC 5 years can't buy PC. Also many older families don't qualify due to the income cap of $12k
    Yea this could be one of the main reason. Consider 3 yrs construction + 5yrs MOP, it deters those cash rich and high flyer 1st timer.

Ec is just like hdb. Why do u want to buy an overpriced hdb and work like mad to pay for it? I will keep my underpriced hdb, get a pc and start earning passive income immediately. No need wait for ssd, mop, whatever to expire.

And say u got a ec. After that make money sell off. Stay where? Buy pc? Start debt again? Buy hdb, downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    Ec is just like hdb. Why do u want to buy an overpriced hdb and work like mad to pay for it? I will keep my underpriced hdb, get a pc and start earning passive income immediately. No need wait for ssd, mop, whatever to expire.

And say u got a ec. After that make money sell off. Stay where? Buy pc? Start debt again? Buy hdb, downgrade?
    i thought after certain x years, the EC become like a 99LH PC?

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    i thought after certain x years, the EC become like a 99LH PC?
    Yes ten years. If buy pc and rent out, keep the hdb, u got calculate which one more worth it.

First house is an expense. Second house then is investment. Buy ec is limiting yourself to one house.

Sorry i am toking from matured buyer perspective. If just married and income too high for bto, then u r indeed f-ked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    Yes ten years. If buy pc and rent out, keep the hdb, u got calculate which one more worth it.

First house is an expense. Second house then is investment. Buy ec is limiting yourself to one house.

Sorry i am toking from matured buyer perspective. If just married and income too high for bto, then u r indeed f-ked.
    ohok..i forgot 10yr cannot do anything..

EC is so exp nowadays..