Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City Fringe or Suburban for Rentals?

buy 2 bedders at suburbans near MRT (~400m) on the East-West line.

Quote Originally Posted by bonestock
    I see. Thank you for all comments. I was previously hesitant in getting a unit near to budget hotels as I thought there will be sleazy activities that tenants would avoid. So this is new another good reason to get a unit in GL.
    oh wdf.. big diff! Buy condo beside budget hotel vs buy condo beside business hotels. If u dun know how hotel operation works mai anyhow HOOT!

I see. Thank you for all comments. I was previously hesitant in getting a unit near to budget hotels as I thought there will be sleazy activities that tenants would avoid. So this is new another good reason to get a unit in GL.
    ah, near to budget hotel is another different story. budge hotel in balestier vs budget hotel in geylang are different leh. so need to open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    buy 2 bedders at suburbans near MRT (~400m) on the East-West line.
    2 bedders is good too. ultimately, every housing format has its pool of tenants.

GL hotels are like 70 bucks a night so one month ~ $2100 only. Maybe block book long term got discount somemore. Plus no need to do your own housework everyday got housekeeping and security.

No pool no gym no carpark, no kitchen and no allow pets and orgies only.

Hmm maybe for the above people will pay 500 more. Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    oh wdf.. big diff! Buy condo beside budget hotel vs buy condo beside business hotels. If u dun know how hotel operation works mai anyhow HOOT!
    I was asking about units in geylang and I thought most if not all hotels there are budget hotels

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    ah, near to budget hotel is another different story. budge hotel in balestier vs budget hotel in geylang are different leh. so need to open your eyes.
    I see. Sorry misinterpreted your earlier advice. Cos I was asking about Geylang condo and thought you were referring to hotels there. apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    2 bedders is good too. ultimately, every housing format has its pool of tenants.
    besides geylang, I was also looking at mass market condos in punggol, sengkang or pasir ris. Yes, I was only looking at 2 bedders. My agent told me may have challenges getting tenants as there are many condo projects in these town and also have to compete with HDB'ers. true?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    GL hotels are like 70 bucks a night so one month ~ $2100 only. Maybe block book long term got discount somemore. Plus no need to do your own housework everyday got housekeeping and security.

No pool no gym no carpark, no kitchen and no allow pets and orgies only.

Hmm maybe for the above people will pay 500 more. Possible.
    I see. Makes sense. Thanks for advice

Hi Bonestock, ultimately it depend on your investment objective. i believe the geylang potential, just look at balestir now. It used to be sleazy in the past but i proximity to NOVENA area eventually prevail where the economical factor push the sleazy business out although one might argue some of it still exist until today but look at the capital appreciation of the private apartment there.

I believe now all it take i a huge development in Geylang to clean up the streets. This will come one day when we host a major event at the New National Stadium. No country want it red district to be close to its National Stadium right? Just look at Beijing history during the Olympic where most of the red light district was forced to closed down or move to the outskirt.

I still believe in the Geylang potential as a rental haven due to it proximity to Paya Lebar and CBD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast