Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Talk of recovery of high end market is it bull?

I believe there are several reasons for this.

1) More expats are moving to local terms, hence housing budget is cut

2) International schools are moving out skirt, hence family has to follow as well

3) OCR properties and amenities are getting better.

4) Expat moving away from Bukit Timah area due to MRT line construction

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I believe there are several reasons for this.

1) More expats are moving to local terms, hence housing budget is cut

2) International schools are moving out skirt, hence family has to follow as well

3) OCR properties and amenities are getting better.

4) Expat moving away from Bukit Timah area due to MRT line construction
    Point 3 depends. If the job has moved to ocr, yes, move to ocr. If job is still at cbd, they still prefer close by.

Have also visited sol 11 and 15. Who can you sell to next? Just got worried with the sinking of Bangkok and unstable garment even when the king is around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    Hi

Lazy to type the full name lah... Haha

By the way, also lazy to start new thread since all bros & sis are here...

I just go back from bangkok and went to see some properties in sukhumvit area such as sol 11, 15' and 'h' in sol 43 and outskirts in rechada area. Do u think is good to invest there? Bank interest is 7% tho... Think better pay cash..

Depends on your tenants' target group: single, couple or family. Smaller unit is safer, ie two rooms and studio in CBD.
    Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Point 3 depends. If the job has moved to ocr, yes, move to ocr. If job is still at cbd, they still prefer close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    Hi

Lazy to type the full name lah... Haha

By the way, also lazy to start new thread since all bros & sis are here...

I just go back from bangkok and went to see some properties in sukhumvit area such as sol 11, 15' and 'h' in sol 43 and outskirts in rechada area. Do u think is good to invest there? Bank interest is 7% tho... Think better pay cash..
    Considered investing overseas too, for diversification... Didn't do it because of the following:-

Unfamiliarity... Considering the amount of research and hours of pouring over property guru, square foot and this forum before committing to a property here...+ ground visits. Have collected some gems along the way. It's not possible overseas.

High interest rates... Where to find sub 2% interest rates overseas. If pay cash, then you're missing out on leverage.

Taxes, taxes, taxes.

So sgp is still a better place to hunt... understand why foreigners want to buy prop here... before the last cm....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Since 2007 I never have problem renting out my D5 properties,,,and at good yield..

Also. For at least1.5 to 2 years now, I have been arguing about rental falling in many OTHER districts, but always kana humtum.
    Rental is very location specific. I had no problem renting some D10 and D20 locations either, mostly because there are no new entrants in those areas. Some other forumers can tell you the same story I believe.

If you see so many new projects coming up in the same area, fundamentals will tell you there will definitely be a rental suppression.

Expats "moving to suburb" ? I dun think they are moving. It's the newly hired expats who have lower allowances. The existing ones who already secured their allowance will just move around in the same area if there are newer flashier alternatives. The size of this group is quite fixed. >8k housing allowance is just for a few guys in a MNC

Really depends, 2 of my tenant renting my OCR property are actually working in CBD, while my other tenant for my CCR property is actually working in OCR.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Rental is very location specific. I had no problem renting some D10 and D20 locations either, mostly because there are no new entrants in those areas. Some other forumers can tell you the same story I believe.

If you see so many new projects coming up in the same area, fundamentals will tell you there will definitely be a rental suppression.

Expats "moving to suburb" ? I dun think they are moving. It's the newly hired expats who have lower allowances. The existing ones who already secured their allowance will just move around in the same area if there are newer flashier alternatives. The size of this group is quite fixed. >8k housing allowance is just for a few guys in a MNC
    I think the natural migration is that new comers will always start with CCR property, as they get more familiar with Singapore, they will slowly start to move RCR or OCR to look for better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I think the natural migration is that new comers will always start with CCR property, as they get more familiar with Singapore, they will slowly start to move RCR or OCR to look for better deal.
    Thats for those who cannot make it la!

My office expats ... 99% stay in CCR with rental in the 8-28K range.

Only those expats who is here to dredge gold save on housing allowances.

But there is nothing wrong with dredging gold in Singapore ... coz we are all sitting on gold mines - we just allow others to come in to dredge their bit.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Considered investing overseas too, for diversification... Didn't do it because of the following:-

Unfamiliarity... Considering the amount of research and hours of pouring over property guru, square foot and this forum before committing to a property here...+ ground visits. Have collected some gems along the way. It's not possible overseas.

High interest rates... Where to find sub 2% interest rates overseas. If pay cash, then you're missing out on leverage.

Taxes, taxes, taxes.

So sgp is still a better place to hunt... understand why foreigners want to buy prop here... before the last cm....
    Actually overseas interest though seems high, not really. Give an example. Msia mortgage about 4.2%, but their monthly FD payout 3%. Assuming.u have the money, putbit in monthly FD for liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Thats for those who cannot make it la!

My office expats ... 99% stay in CCR with rental in the 8-28K range.

Only those expats who is here to dredge gold save on housing allowances.

But there is nothing wrong with dredging gold in Singapore ... coz we are all sitting on gold mines - we just allow others to come in to dredge their bit.

DKSG
    How do you define someone who can make it or not? I actually think housing budget varies from industry to industry.
    Last edited by Ringo33; 29-12-12 at 10:49.

Quite a lot of singaporeans already doing it. With depreciation of MYR against SGD of 1% in exchange rate is still worth it (3%-1% =2%) for average income people.Early next year will see SGD strengthen furhter and MYR will drop further.
    Actually overseas interest though seems high, not really. Give an example. Msia mortgage about 4.2%, but their monthly FD payout 3%. Assuming.u have the money, putbit in monthly FD for liquid.

How come ccr properties doing so badly while landed market so hot? WIll landed market crash?

Quote Originally Posted by hutsutau
    How come ccr properties doing so badly while landed market so hot? WIll landed market crash?
    Because investors buy landed without reading their title deeds they bought?

Built-up is not reflected in landed title deeds unlike strata title.

Just a guess

No matter what, you own the land if you have the land title while strata title is still a shared land. There is always uncertainty with enbloc policy in future if that is one of investor's strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    No matter what, you own the land if you have the land title while strata title is still a shared land. There is always uncertainty with enbloc policy in future if that is one of investor's strategies.
    landed is overvalued now. time for a correction.

Do you think it will correct back to $600psf?
    landed is overvalued now. time for a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Do you think it will correct back to $600psf?
    New baseline should be average 1kpsf for FH land.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    New baseline should be average 1kpsf for FH land.
    Theoretically speaking yes, it should average around 1000psf. However, many emotionally driven transactions could see the prices at around 890 to 990psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo.Cheng
    Theoretically speaking yes, it should average around 1000psf. However, many emotionally driven transactions could see the prices at around 890 to 990psf.

Emotionally driven when the owners realized many months have passed without an offer. That is the time you can consider to enter the landed sector again . Look for the cues in the classified ads instead

If you guys notice, the quantum of landed is very high now. That would deter many real demand which might look for replacement in other sector like CCR apartments or penthouses

Quote Originally Posted by Leo.Cheng
    If you guys notice, the quantum of landed is very high now. That would deter many real demand which might look for replacement in other sector like CCR apartments or penthouses
    One landed, can get me 3-4 ccr mm.