Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 Loft, 80 units, Geylang

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Wow, if this is true i think we will see this developer getting clamped down by the authorities real soon! 80% LTV to 90% now!?

I've never heard of Simon Cheong's uncle
    The 10% given by developer is angbao right?

check w the agent and find out more lah.

me first time property buyer...dunno all the jargons. all i know is i got 10% discount for being first 10 buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt

me first time property buyer...dunno all the jargons. all i know is i got 10% discount for being first 10 buyers.
    how much loan did you take? 80% of the amounted stated n the S&P?

i took less than 80% loan.

Propertyguru lists units at ard $1150psf.
    Was yr contracted price 10% lower than $1150psf or was it ard 10% higher?

Either way.. it's a very good deal.

Default 1 loft

1. you are definitely an agent and not a buyer from the way you articulated... many of your posts and your other colleagues (you guys know who you are) are giving tell tales signs...

2. i believe the sales wasn't good that's why you guys are here to create this smoke screen. (I was there last week and the Vstar sole agent said around 5 sold, how could it be 10???) Should synchronize among you guys lah..

3. SC Global related development are you trying to tell us? Please lah... You see the showflat and the "quality" finishing... It's obviously another chicken farm cum industrial look alike...

The project is by SL Cheong and was tot to be the uncle of SC Global Simon Cheong?

the developer will pay 10% of the 15% u need to pay when signing the sales agreement. they will issue the 10% cheque directly to developer's account on behalf for buyer after conditions have been met such as 5% out of 15% paid and stamp duty paid as well (if i remb the t&c on my copy).

That blogger either got his info wrong or his case is different from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rockster
    1. you are definitely an agent and not a buyer from the way you articulated... many of your posts and your other colleagues (you guys know who you are) are giving tell tales signs...

2. i believe the sales wasn't good that's why you guys are here to create this smoke screen. (I was there last week and the Vstar sole agent said around 5 sold, how could it be 10???) Should synchronize among you guys lah..

3. SC Global related development are you trying to tell us? Please lah... You see the showflat and the "quality" finishing... It's obviously another chicken farm cum industrial look alike...
    Vstar is one of the worse agency I've ever come across

Quote Originally Posted by rockster

LOL Dont be a smart alec. I am not an agent and am buyer. Oh so I articulated so well? Maybe i should be an agent for my next job.

not sure why u r saying that. maybe the agent smoked me for saying 10 units sold as well? I was the 3rd buyer for this development so there is no need for me to be concern how many units are sold after me. PROOF THAT IM AN AGENT.

Utterly im disgusted by how me, a buyer, was accused to be an agent for sharing actively in this thread maybe because im the only buyer here talking actively. i buy to stay not for investment so there is no need to bad mouth anything n anyone.

I also joined this forum recently because I saw a thread on this project and tot I may meet other buyers as well.

Freaking disgusting by some forummer behavior here. Dont act smart can already.

If i can do a screenshots of my OTP and Sales agreement, ARE U GOING TO TAKE BACK UR WORDS??
    Last edited by babyt; 16-02-13 at 07:15.

Babyt - pls do not get too over agitated by comments made on the forum. Many of us here have experienced all kinds of shitty comments on the forum. Just take the comments as a pinch of salt, while continue to enjoy the other more fruitful discussions here.

If people want to hear only what they like to hear, my advice is please go elsewhere or talk to yourselves.

Otherwise it really defeats the purpose of a forum - OPEN discussion. No holds barred. If this forum starts being moderated, I'm gonna be the first outta here.

Just back from showflat.
    Nice concept.
    Ceiling height is 6.5 m.
    So the loft does not feel like a loft but a real level !
    There are 2 bathrooms on each level which is wonderful!

Downside is the 1+1 560 sq ft units face west (Lorong 24).

Agent said buyers pay a 5% booking fee, next 15% - buyer pays 5%, developer pays 10%.

According to him, this is valid for the first 15 units today only and that the previous buyers actually pay more than the first 15 buyers to today.

LOL.... babyt bought earlier, he also got discount, right, baby?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    If people want to hear only what they like to hear, my advice is please go elsewhere or talk to yourselves.

Otherwise it really defeats the purpose of a forum - OPEN discussion. No holds barred. If this forum starts being moderated, I'm gonna be the first outta here.
    Mcm, lol .... I know u meant well, but don't be so harsh to a newbie la, he/she's just a baby ok?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Just back from showflat.
    Nice concept.
    Ceiling height is 6.5 m.

Agent said buyers pay a 5% booking fee, next 15% - buyer pays 5%, developer pays 10%.

According to him, this is valid for the first 15 units today only and that the previous buyers actually pay more than the first 15 buyers to today.

Hi...you never take pictures?

What do you mean buyer pays 5% and developer ensue with another 10%? Also, what is the cheapest price?

LOL Dont be a smart alec. I am not an agent and am buyer. Oh so I articulated so well? Maybe i should be an agent for my next job.

not sure why u r saying that. maybe the agent smoked me for saying 10 units sold as well? I was the 3rd buyer for this development so there is no need for me to be concern how many units are sold after me. PROOF THAT IM AN AGENT.

Utterly im disgusted by how me, a buyer, was accused to be an agent for sharing actively in this thread maybe because im the only buyer here talking actively. i buy to stay not for investment so there is no need to bad mouth anything n anyone.

I also joined this forum recently because I saw a thread on this project and tot I may meet other buyers as well.

Freaking disgusting by some forummer behavior here. Dont act smart can already.

If i can do a screenshots of my OTP and Sales agreement, ARE U GOING TO TAKE BACK UR WORDS??

Is this place very near to geylang? Are you fine with all the hanky stuffs around the area?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...you never take pictures?

What do you mean buyer pays 5% and developer ensue with another 10%? Also, what is the cheapest price?
    Went alone, so agent talking to me and hard to take pictures.
    Anyway, it is so small and nothing much to take pictures.
    Booking fee 5%
    Next 15 % = 5% buyer pays, 10% developer pays for it (developer absorbs it).

I did not enquire much about the 3 BR unit but the smallest ones are sold out.
    The next smallest 3 BR available is the 1012 sq ft.
    Agent said it is about 1.2 mil.

The cheapest 1+1 unit available is $726 800 on the second floor west facing ie facing lorong 24.

Just back from showflat.
    Nice concept.
    Ceiling height is 6.5 m.

So the 10%will act as an additional discount from the list price? How is the developer going to guarantee this? Also, are they really sc global?

Vstar agents are simply amazing! He was trying to tell you today is the best time to buy because the prices are even cheaper than the earlier buyers?! Doesn't that make early buyers fools. I wonder what's so special today. SC's birthday?

Booking fee 5%

The cheapest 1+1 unit available is $726 800 on the second floor west facing ie facing lorong 24.
    How big is the 1+1 unit then?

I believe it is sitting inside geylang area. Whores are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    How big is the 1+1 unit then?

I believe it is sitting inside geylang area. Whores are everywhere.
    The smallest is 560 sq ft.
    Front of development face west (Lorong 24), back units and swimming pool face east (lorong 24 A).

I drove through the 2 lorongs.
    Got girls in revealing attire standing around.

According to the agent, the red light district is shrinking as more developers are buying up the old houses to build new ones.
    And for this project, there a quite a few banks willing to loan the necessary amount.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    So the 10%will act as an additional discount from the list price? How is the developer going to guarantee this? Also, are they really sc global?
    There is no discount from the listed price (strange isn't it?)
    The discount is the 10% the developer is going to absorb.

Hi...in short there is no discount at all then.

i was told the first 10 will get 10% but looks like its applied to everyone now LOL. I know it could be a gimmick to make me sign asap but since i get to choose the corner unit and i m comfortable w the price im paying, so i brought it. as im not an investor but buying my first property to stay, i think its ok for me w the location, price and layout. I dont like the industrial looking warehouse look but i like the layout lor.

the units either face E or W (due to lorong layout) but the E faces paya lebar and the W faces city so I rather endure the W sun and go for W side. i really hope i can see the city from 9th storey of my balcony.

The units facing east face a row of conservation houses, so the view will not be blocked for the higher floors.

The west facing unit will face Lorong 24 directly.

The discount started before cny, so I guess the earlier buyers didn't enjoy that discount, but I suspect they bought at even lower listed prices? Anyway the discount is still on-going ....

Overall quite comfortable with the layout but not with lor 24. But thanks to the neighboring brothels and seedy environment, otherwise u can't get a city fringe project at this price.

The units facing east face a row of conservation houses, so the view will not be blocked for the higher floors.

The west facing unit will face Lorong 24 directly.
    i was thinking the west side facing the lower lorongs does not have very high buildings so just try my luck hopefully can see some city from my open balcony.

since the combined height is about 6.2m for 2 storeys, they are quite high even for 1 storey...so hopefully their 9 storey is taller than standard.

i was thinking the west side facing the lower lorongs does not have very high buildings so just try my luck hopefully can see some city from my open balcony.

since the combined height is about 6.2m for 2 storeys, they are quite high even for 1 storey...so hopefully their 9 storey is taller than standard.
    Hi...possible to ask your agent to offer a lower price?

Booking fee 5%

So the caveat price is the full price but you actually pay 90%. Bank loan will be based on full price? Is this legal ?

If like this also can, developer can mark up price 100%, then pay 50%. 60% LTV become 80%.... Whatever CM also no use...

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    So the caveat price is the full price but you actually pay 90%. Bank loan will be based on full price? Is this legal ?

If like this also can, developer can mark up price 100%, then pay 50%. 60% LTV become 80%.... Whatever CM also no use...
    Imo definitely not legal. You are supposed to declare all cash discounts when taking up a loan

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Agent say no discount.
    But developer help u pay the 10%.
    So he says it is legal.
    It is as though u buy a house n a fren help u pay.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Mcm, lol .... I know u meant well, but don't be so harsh to a newbie la, he/she's just a baby ok?
    It's not meant for him only... is for anyone who say 'must only say nice things' in a forum.