Page 1 of 106 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

urpas

Default Soleil

http://www.soleil.sg/

anyone knows about Soleil launch? price range..?

it looks situated in quite strategic location with MRT station, hospital, shopping center, (coming) hotel, etc. at door step...it is also the biggest project with full facilities, and boasting a landmark of novena for its tallest twin tower of residential in singapore.

however, condo supply in the area is also soaring..other than the existing projects in surrounding area, allgreen potential new launch, next to united square, will add another hundreds units of supply to flood the area. an old apartment just opposite the soleil's site is apparently another en bloc target? easily, new supply can hit 1,000 units in the near future in the proximity area.

also, a friend said that locals/chinese do not like house next to hospital..

any thought?

Unregistered

Default Re: Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by urpas
    Heard that it is about $1300 psf.

Unregistered

http://www.soleil.sg/

it looks situated in quite strategic location with MRT station, hospital, shopping center, (coming) hotel, etc. at door step...it is also the biggest project with full facilities, and boasting a landmark of novena for its tallest twin tower of residential in singapore.

however, condo supply in the area is also soaring..other than the existing projects in surrounding area, allgreen potential new launch, next to united square, will add another hundreds units of supply to flood the area. an old apartment just opposite the soleil's site is apparently another en bloc target? easily, new supply can hit 1,000 units in the near future in the proximity area.

also, a friend said that locals/chinese do not like house next to hospital..

any thought?

Its very true.... " locals/chinese do not like house next to hospital "

Unregistered

Talking Re: Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Its very true.... " locals/chinese do not like house next to hospital "
    Is it because they are afraid that germs will fly into their condos?

Unregistered

Is it because they are afraid that germs will fly into their condos?
    Bad feng shui.... hospitals are associated with illnesses and deaths... so...

urpas

Bad feng shui.... hospitals are associated with illnesses and deaths... so...
    given this 'fengshui' issue and the fact that most of the buyers will be chinese, either local or indonesians... do you think the condo will be valued at 'discount' than its instrinsic value?

when they start to launch? saw its ad in paper today.

btw, which one should be valued better..is it viva since it can be considered part of newton's neighboorhood...or soleil for the location and amenities: MRT, etc.

Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Soleil

given this 'fengshui' issue and the fact that most of the buyers will be chinese, either local or indonesians... do you think the condo will be valued at 'discount' than its instrinsic value?

when they start to launch? saw its ad in paper today.

btw, which one should be valued better..is it viva since it can be considered part of newton's neighboorhood...or soleil for the location and amenities: MRT, etc.
    Soleil is a 99 yrs leasehold. Metropolitan also is a 99 yrs leasehold. Both just next to MRT. Draw a straight line to Orchard, both almost equal.

For me personally, I will take Metropolitan because it only cost $1000 psf subsale while soleil is about $1350. Novena square is just next door but so does thiong bahru mall is just 1 mrt stop away.
    Another reason is the hospital. It is true I find several investors really dont like hospital next to home because of certain believe and will have a hard time to sell because of the hospital.

Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Soleil

Soleil is a 99 yrs leasehold. Metropolitan also is a 99 yrs leasehold. Both just next to MRT. Draw a straight line to Orchard, both almost equal.

For me personally, I will take Metropolitan because it only cost $1000 psf subsale while soleil is about $1350. Novena square is just next door but so does thiong bahru mall is just 1 mrt stop away.
    Another reason is the hospital. It is true I find several investors really dont like hospital next to home because of certain believe and will have a hard time to sell because of the hospital.
    I agree with you, remember SARS time the property over there are badly affected.

urpas

but, metropolitan is just situated in a different class of neighborhood, tiong bahru/bukit merah, hdb flats are around, mrt is above ground (noisy). talking about orchard, unless yu drive, no direct access from metroplitan to orchard by public transportation, taking MRT you need to transfer in raffles city, it can take 20 minutes or more with transfer time. there is one bus only from opposite of redhill MRT station, 132, but much less frequency than MRT, and it doenst go through main orchard road (it turns left to scott road). it is a short 5-minute MRT travel from novena to orchard; also several direct buses.

no doubt, soleil -- situated in middle-up class neighborhood, with better amenities, access, etc. but minus hospital! -- must be priced at premium vs metropolitan...the question is how much the premium is..30%, 40%, 10%...i guess around 25%-35% sounds alright. personally, for my own living purpose, at 35% premium i'll go to metropolitan, because i cant afford anything above 1,000 psf!

Metro

no doubt, soleil -- situated in middle-up class neighborhood, with better amenities, access, etc. but minus hospital! -- must be priced at premium vs metropolitan...the question is how much the premium is..30%, 40%, 10%...i guess around 25%-35% sounds alright. personally, for my own living purpose, at 35% premium i'll go to metropolitan, because i cant afford anything above 1,000 psf!
    Hi urpas,

If you eventually buy Metropolitan, please let us know if you bought a low, mid or high floor unit and the stack (i.e. which unit) and the psf price.

I am a Metro owner and is very keen to know the current subsales situation for Metro.

Thanks in advance.

• Page 1 of 106 123451151101 ... LastLast