Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    low floor 2 bedders asking already minimum 1450 - 1500 from what i found / saw (I do own one), so for studio , prices usually higher....higher floors already 1700/1800
    asking is one thing ... actual transaction may not even be close

depending how desperate the buyer and seller are

i have also seen a few landed .. valuation 3.3 mio asking 3.5 mio neg .. yet actually sold 3.1 mio

generally same would apply to condo

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    low floor 2 bedders asking already minimum 1450 - 1500 from what i found / saw (I do own one), so for studio , prices usually higher....higher floors already 1700/1800
    Based on ur comments, price did not move much. Still good deal for those wanted to buy especially high flr since launch price for 30plus flr studio was selling 17xx psf during launch, at 1800psf will definitely a steal imo

there r also cases whrby seller up asking prices after i offer

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    there r also cases whrby seller up asking prices after i offer
    i think for small quantum .. seller dare to up price and hold until kana bite ..

but for big quantum..seller are just as nervous

my friend went to view a 5mio unit (somewhere else) .. didnt neg and gave check ..seller straightaway up to 5.2 ...

my friend fedup also took back the cheque

after 3 days agent called .. "seller will now look at 5 mio "

but my friend decided to pull out totally to teach him a lesson

its a mouse and cat game .. see who smarter lor

but like i said for 1-2 mio unit .. seller more daring to up price and hold until taken

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i think for small quantum .. seller dare to up price and hold until kana bite ..

but for big quantum..seller are just as nervous

my friend went to view a 5mio unit (somewhere else) .. didnt neg and gave check ..seller straightaway up to 5.2 ...

my friend fedup also took back the cheque

after 3 days agent called .. "seller will now look at 5 mio "

but my friend decided to pull out totally to teach him a lesson

its a mouse and cat game .. see who smarter lor

but like i said for 1-2 mio unit .. seller more daring to up price and hold until taken
    boils down to the seller and not how pricey the ppty is

boils down to the seller and not how pricey the ppty is

not true

how many people in this forum holds only props worth 3 mio and above (property-owner is one of them)

majority here owns many low quantum props .. so 100-250k movement seller can hold

if you hold all 3-4 mio props , or higher ... its not easy to find buyers .. so sellers in this category tend to be more 'nervous'

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Based on ur comments, price did not move much. Still good deal for those wanted to buy especially high flr since launch price for 30plus flr studio was selling 17xx psf during launch, at 1800psf will definitely a steal imo
    low flr studios without any view only launch at ard 1.1kpsf...

not true

how many people in this forum holds only props worth 3 mio and above (property-owner is one of them)

majority here owns many low quantum props .. so 100-250k movement seller can hold

if you hold all 3-4 mio props , or higher ... its not easy to find buyers .. so sellers in this category tend to be more 'nervous'
    not true...there r also lesser units more den 5mil....but many units of less den 2mil

when u mix with lower income ppl who cannot afford condo....they will say who can afford 1-2mil condo...crazy arghhh....when u mix with ppl with budget 2-4mil, they will say who can afford 5mil-10mil...

same goes to me....10mil ppty!! crazy ar....

so boils down to the seller....overstretched? or lots of holding power...

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    That`s true. Price for high flr Soleil hasn`t really moved much.
    Just before Soleil launched, even 13 story Novelis(also located in Sinaran rd) had been sold out like hot cake with 1700-1900psf, and last highest caveat lodged price was 1991psf for studio.
    Some will say Novelis is FH, but comparing facilities and project size(Novelis has only 24unit), Soleil high flr studio still got undervalued.

not true

Property_Owner 'nervous'? He can go to Marina Bay Sands and contribute an Aston Martin to them ... how can he be nervous?

There may not be many buyers in that category, but they are out there somewhere, just not in this forum, which I notice are mainly middle-class or slightly above.

It also depends on what type of property. If it's freehold landed, I think "nervous" would be the furthest thought from the seller's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    That`s true. Price for high flr Soleil hasn`t really moved much.
    Just before Soleil launched, even 13 story Novelis(also located in Sinaran rd) had been sold out like hot cake with 1700-1900psf, and last highest caveat lodged price was 1991psf for studio.
    Some will say Novelis is FH, but comparing facilities and project size(Novelis has only 24unit), Soleil high flr studio still got undervalued.
    Looking at the cluster of blgs around Soleil,would be keen to know how many studio units will have a good unblock view and also any price diff between city and TPY view. Maybe this will justify the large diff in psf.
    IMO, maybe price will move more based on VTO especially high flr with unblock view.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Property_Owner 'nervous'? He can go to Marina Bay Sands and contribute an Aston Martin to them ... how can he be nervous?

There may not be many buyers in that category, but they are out there somewhere, just not in this forum, which I notice are mainly middle-class or slightly above.

It also depends on what type of property. If it's freehold landed, I think "nervous" would be the furthest thought from the seller's mind.

maybe i have met the wrong group of sellers

when one hits their asking price .. they raise it .. when one pulls out .. .they call and call ..

to me this group of sellers who owns 3-5 mio props ... are nervous ..when the buyers decide to pull out

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1
    Is R@E FH?

Probably due to amenities.

People here are generally discerning buyers. They won't overpay and will look for the best value.

I wanted to buy Parc Infinia but chose Soleil instead as it's cheaper and more convenient in terms of being nearer to MRT. LH doesn't bother me unless there's something that I've missed out.
    LH will definitely bother you after 10 years. Look at Amaryllis Ville prices which is in a more exclusive location than Soleil regardless of not being next to a shopping centre or a longer walk to MRT.

People are willing to pay 10-20% more for more exclusivity even if the condos are just 100 metres apart..

The location around Residences@Evelyn is clearly more exclusive. Furthermore it is Freehold. So Soleil selling at R@E means it is clearly overpriced and prices will adjust few years down the road as it no longer has the "brand new" factor to rely on and people start realising than only 90yeare of the lease is left. For long term holders , Soleil is a bad buy at current prices when compared to other more exclisve freehold condos at Newton.

Do take note that the price for those condo at District 10 & 11 have not been moved much...

Price appreciate is yet to come! Currently only mass market condos have moved.

If mass market condo can "stabilized" at 1kpsf. 2kpsf for condo at these area is never a dream!

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Do take note that the price for those condo at District 10 & 11 have not been moved much...

Price appreciate is yet to come! Currently only mass market condos have moved.

If mass market condo can "stabilized" at 1kpsf. 2kpsf for condo at these area is never a dream!
    Yeah, I do realised that mass mkt psf is closing up to some D11.
    If mass mkt can hold well.. demand will pick up in D11 or even D10 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Yeah, I do realised that mass mkt psf is closing up to some D11.
    If mass mkt can hold well.. demand will pick up in D11 or even D10 soon.
    i tink u r taking new record mass market launch prices to compare with older resale D10,11....some projects in 9,10,11 arent really prime....

new launches in 9,10,11 is also vy ex now.

mabe u cud list down some resale projects in 9,10,11 for a discussion?

i agree that generally, the 3m to 5m group is the most nervous when selling compared to for e.g. below 3m and above 5m (regardless of landed or condo). those with a lot of money to spare usually goes for the super luxury apartments/big landed bunglows above 5m while the hdb upgraders from above 2m starts to have resistance already while the mid-income if stretched also dun wanna go above 3m. if a single unit is above 3m, they'd rather split the 3m and buy 2 units. buyers are indeed hard to come by.

the only time that this group outperforms the market by a lot is in a super bull run like 2007.

i know what jlrx means with regard to holding power for landed above 3m. that's true too, a lot should have holding power. however, there are some things to take note (with regard to seller's "nervousness"):

1) for old landed on big land, these people may have owned the land for more than 3 decades. as illustrated by jlrx's cuttings, they never thought their land would be worth so much money and having just paid a few tens of thousands 30+ years back, 4.6 or 4.2m isn't that much difference, especially if their intention is to take the money and retire and/or there is only 1 buyer.

2) for non D10 and 11 big land corner terraces of non-regular shape, its not easy to get buyers in the 3 to 5m range and things like ask 3.6m, valuation 3.3m transacted 3.1m is often a reality.

maybe i have met the wrong group of sellers

when one hits their asking price .. they raise it .. when one pulls out .. .they call and call ..

to me this group of sellers who owns 3-5 mio props ... are nervous ..when the buyers decide to pull out

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i agree that generally, the 3m to 5m group is the most nervous when selling compared to for e.g. below 3m and above 5m (regardless of landed or condo). those with a lot of money to spare usually goes for the super luxury apartments/big landed bunglows above 5m while the hdb upgraders from above 2m starts to have resistance already while the mid-income if stretched also dun wanna go above 3m. if a single unit is above 3m, they'd rather split the 3m and buy 2 units. buyers are indeed hard to come by.

the only time that this group outperforms the market by a lot is in a super bull run like 2007.

i know what jlrx means with regard to holding power for landed above 3m. that's true too, a lot should have holding power. however, there are some things to take note (with regard to seller's "nervousness"):

1) for old landed on big land, these people may have owned the land for more than 3 decades. as illustrated by jlrx's cuttings, they never thought their land would be worth so much money and having just paid a few tens of thousands 30+ years back, 4.6 or 4.2m isn't that much difference, especially if their intention is to take the money and retire and/or there is only 1 buyer.

2) for non D10 and 11 big land corner terraces of non-regular shape, its not easy to get buyers in the 3 to 5m range and things like ask 3.6m, valuation 3.3m transacted 3.1m is often a reality.
    its based on statistics or merely wat u 'feel'??

i dun feel it tat way...it all depends on the seller....got test market type of seller, got very greedy, got less greedy, got nervous, got gancheong, got noobs, got savvy, got overstretched, got some just trust wat agts told them etc etc

3-5mio merely a figure u tink hard to find buyers

i always tink those above 10mio very very hard to find buyers....

i tink u r taking new record mass market launch prices to compare with older resale D10,11....some projects in 9,10,11 arent really prime....

new launches in 9,10,11 is also vy ex now.

mabe u cud list down some resale projects in 9,10,11 for a discussion?
    Record price mass mkt 99-yrs LH - $1100-1200psf??

I guess, you can get a D11 est.:
    Pavilion 11 F'hold (resale) - $1200-1400psf
    Montebleu F'hold (just TOP)- $1200-1400psf
    368 Thomson (new) - $1300-1500psf

not exactly statistics but more of personal experience. some of them are adverts which i had been following, some of which i visited and tried a low ball cheque . i continue to track these and subsequently find that (obviously price won't hit my low ball price) the subsequent transaction price is significantly lower than the ask or it takes a long time before it is sold (still lower than original ask). there's a ppty which is still being marketed now more than 8 months after i viewed it and there are others which never got sold after 6 months and were withdrawn.

its based on statistics or merely wat u 'feel'??

i dun feel it tat way...it all depends on the seller....got test market type of seller, got very greedy, got less greedy, got nervous, got gancheong, got noobs, got savvy, got overstretched, got some just trust wat agts told them etc etc

3-5mio merely a figure u tink hard to find buyers

i always tink those above 10mio very very hard to find buyers....

Mass Mkt 99-yrs LH - $1100-1200psf??

I guess, you can get a D11 est.:
    Pavilion 11 F'hold (resale) - $1200-1400psf
    Montebleu F'hold (just TOP)- $1200-1400psf
    368 Thomson (new) - $1300-1400psf
    errr....those few u mentioned looks very very peaked imo....i can say d12 just cross the street r bargain too

y dun u pick scala 1200psf to compare with true D11 launches like viva/lincoln suites

not exactly statistics but more of personal experience. some of them are adverts which i had been following, some of which i visited and tried a low ball cheque . i continue to track these and subsequently find that (obviously price won't hit my low ball price) the subsequent transaction price is significantly lower than the ask or it takes a long time before it is sold (still lower than original ask). there's a ppty which is still being marketed now more than 8 months after i viewed it and there are others which never got sold after 6 months and were withdrawn.
    depends on asking price? i took many mths to sell a ppty less den 1mil too....haha.

btw, landed sellers got provide a proper valuation report? mostly nvr wor...how u all deem a landed is cheap anot? just merely based on caveats? i find landed very hard to noe whether the price is bargain anot

a recent e.g, the brand new bunglow below, i first saw it more than 8 months ago at the start of this year asking 4.6 to 4.9m (depending on agent):

1 Jalan Angklong Freehold 1005psf 4181sq ft $4.2m 3 Aug 2010

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property...ngalow-ForSale

don't know why he advertised again after it was sold (maybe fish for buyers):

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property...ngalow-ForSale

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

It used to be that true blue D11 is more than double the price of mass market OCR condos. So, if Scala can sell at $1200 psf, Viva & Lincoln Suites' fair price should be > $2400 psf?
    Wah! Like that Viva really under-valued because past transactions only $1800+/- psf!

errr....those few u mentioned looks very very peaked imo....i can say d12 just cross the street r bargain too

y dun u pick scala 1200psf to compare with true D11 launches like viva/lincoln suites

How can condos 100m apart have a lot of difference in exclusiveness?
    Like I said before, either you buy "convenience" or you buy "exclusive". Newton & Novena areas with the super well-connected road networks all around is well known for "convenience" (if near to shopping malls + MRT station even better!). People don't buy Newton & Novena areas for "exclusiveness" - That can be only found in Goodwood hill GCBs or Sentosa Island.
    Even Balmoral areas also not exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    LH will definitely bother you after 10 years. Look at Amaryllis Ville prices which is in a more exclusive location than Soleil regardless of not being next to a shopping centre or a longer walk to MRT.

People are willing to pay 10-20% more for more exclusivity even if the condos are just 100 metres apart..

The location around Residences@Evelyn is clearly more exclusive. Furthermore it is Freehold. So Soleil selling at R@E means it is clearly overpriced and prices will adjust few years down the road as it no longer has the "brand new" factor to rely on and people start realising than only 90yeare of the lease is left. For long term holders , Soleil is a bad buy at current prices when compared to other more exclisve freehold condos at Newton.

not all will provide proper valuation report but serious sellers will. landed has many complex components and since its more likely to be buy for own stay, then its harder to get it absolutely cheap. my way is to look at caveats then think about how much more i am willing to pay for this other unique place vs that other house in the caveats and work that way to decide on a price i am willing to offer. i am still learning too, many considerations. had to abandon all my condo analysis methods.

depends on asking price? i took many mths to sell a ppty less den 1mil too....haha.

btw, landed sellers got provide a proper valuation report? mostly nvr wor...how u all deem a landed is cheap anot? just merely based on caveats? i find landed very hard to noe whether the price is bargain anot

But I tot we are referring to peak mass mkt psf is closing up to any D11??
    Is nvr ending story to compare with prime D11, or even D10/D9

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    It used to be that true blue D11 is more than double the price of mass market OCR condos. So, if Scala can sell at $1200 psf, Viva & Lincoln Suites' fair price should be > $2400 psf?
    Wah! Like that Viva really under-valued because past transactions only $1800+/- psf!
    hard to compare...depends which horse u bet....mass market southbank/citylights very very power...600psf in 2006 jump to 1400-1600psf now ....2005 buy all the prime ppty....sell all in 2007 and buy all mass market in early 2009 will make the MOST moolah!

i also feel all my ppty severely undervalued wor

But I tot we are referring to peak mass mkt psf is closing up to any D11??
    Is nvr ending story to compare with prime D11, or even D10/D9
    tats y...watever D9,10,11 r just labelling....those few u mentioned considered prime just by having a D11 labeling?

as u said...no point to compare...nvrending

Just think - If you have $3-5m to buy a place and use as home, do you:
    1) Buy some ulu OCR landed property
    2) Buy some prime area but smaller landed property
    3) Buy some prime area smaller condos with reasonable facilities

Don't think anybody with that kind of money to spare want to buy (1) (not for me). OCR just appear cheapskate (building quality, furnished quality, materials, even the environment (and the people around?) etc).