Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2712172227282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    How about we say Crapbelle now selling at close to $700?! ops!
    you would be lying if you said that.

I am not lying about the shitty prices of soleil. I produced proof. did you notice that the most recent transaction for soleil took place at $1160psf. and it was for an MM unit. Ouch!!! I would call that fire sale, given this condo was launched at $1,700psf.

for your information, carabelle is doing very well, transacting at about $1,000 psf level.

My point is still the same. CCR condos are crap and will go even lower. OCR has been doing well and will continue to do well.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 22-01-12 at 09:36.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    How much you rent out for 2 BR ?
    Managed to get 6.2 k for F/F. There are still many empty units. Market needs a while to absorb the supply. Getting competition from Reflections as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    you would be lying if you said that.

I am not lying about the shitty prices of soleil. I produced proof. did you notice that the most recent transaction for soleil took place at $1160psf. and it was for an MM unit. Ouch!!! I would call that fire sale, given this condo was launched at $1,700psf.

for your information, carabelle is doing very well, transacting at about $1,000 psf level.

My point is still the same. CCR condos are crap and will go even lower. OCR has been doing well and will continue to do well.
    So no more price difference between CCR and OCR in future?

Hello stalingrad bro,those u posted are the wrong prices especially the 506sq ft n 936sq ft unit..
    The rest of the prices are also not correct i m sure..
    the source where u got it from have got the info wrong.
    Last edited by fiat500; 22-01-12 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    Hello stalingrad bro,those u posted are the wrong prices especially the 506sq ft n 936sq ft unit..
    The rest of the prices are also not correct i m sure..
    the source where u got it from have got the info wrong.
    if you don't believe me, just read yesterday's BT.

Maybe father sell to son lah

Nationproperty stats I not sure, BT listings sometimes got error one leh, I have seen before. I rather rely on my stats from SISV/Realis. But if really have 1.1k, I udn mind haha

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    Maybe father sell to son lah
    so two fathers have sold to their children in two weeks, one at 1160psf and the other at 1175?

on funny sale can be chalked up to chance, but not two.

so two fathers have sold to their children in two weeks, one at 1160psf and the other at 1175?

on funny sale can be chalked up to chance, but not two.
    if u are familiar with the property market in singapore,y not u asked yourself whether its possible for a 2 bedder unit to be transacted closed to 1000psf?
    even for a 'super firesale' u wont get this price also..

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    if u are familiar with the property market in singapore,y not u asked yourself whether its possible for a 2 bedder unit to be transacted closed to 1000psf?
    even for a 'super firesale' u wont get this price also..
    I guess some of the owners of soleil are still in denial.

It's 20 vs 1.

Either there are 20 ignorant guru here or 1 xxxxx.

Even at $1,500psf above 30th floor facing MBS, I will grab one!!

I guess some of the owners of soleil are still in denial.
    I m sure the data u got were incorrect..those prices u posted were way below bank's valuation..
    Even lelong also no such price..

Luckily URA has developed a wonderful mobile app for property transactions. This clearly shows otherwise.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Luckily URA has developed a wonderful mobile app for property transactions. This clearly shows otherwise.

Clear data, shows with CM5 price didn't sink like what some had shouted and hoping against hope...., need to shout LELONG louder...!

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Clear data, shows with CM5 price didn't sink like what some had shouted and hoping against hope...., need to shout LELONG louder...!
    cm5 intro in dec. caveats lodged in dec, are otp signed before dec.

everything have its after-effect, fast or slow nia..

I wait for Soleil @$1k psf and Carabelle @ $700 psf...

Carabelle $700 psf you want? Not worth it lah since early owners bought theirs at $500 psf, since much lower than you! When need to cut loss, you can't win them! Ops!

Soleil looks better very very much better deal at $1k psf since early owners bought at $1700 psf - $2000 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    I wait for Soleil @$1k psf and Carabelle @ $700 psf...

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Hi guys,

Any owners here? Just managed to rent my 2 BR after 4 months. Rental above 5k is bad biz now.
    How come you took so long to rent out??

For my case, I rented out my Soleil 2bedroom 936sqft unit at 5.5k/mth and took about 1 week or so, at second viewing.
    All agent said it was Oct low season ,, only 2 agent brought the viewing tenant although I contacted about 10 agents.

Anyway,,,I managed to look over several Soleil units which hasn`t been rented out long at that time,,and I finally realized that most of owner left their units befind with dust, without care and proper decoration,,and just complain or worry why my unit never rent out.

Maybe people said I was lucky at that time..but not only by luck but effort that I put much to do interior nicely with curtain, light and funitures(Nice bed and wall mounted TVs in living room & Masterroom)

Believe it or not, I rented out my another unit (The Centrio) just after Christmas & New year holiday,,also not over 1week by 2nd vewing.
    980sqft 2bed+study at 4.5k.

If you want to know how I can achieve so fast rent-out just let me know I will explain to you further. but don`t expect secret know-how..they are all within common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7

For my case, I rented out my Soleil 2bedroom 936sqft unit at 5.5k/mth and took about 1 week or so, at second viewing.
    All agent said it was Oct low season ,, only 2 agent brought the viewing tenant although I contacted about 10 agents.

Anyway,,,I managed to look over several Soleil units which hasn`t been rented out long at that time,,and I finally realized that most of owner left their units befind with dust, without care and proper decoration,,and just complain or worry why my unit never rent out.

Maybe people said I was lucky at that time..but not only by luck but effort that I put much to do interior nicely with curtain, light and funitures(Nice bed and wall mounted TVs in living room & Masterroom)

Believe it or not, I rented out my another unit (The Centrio) just after Christmas & New year holiday,,also not over 1week by 2nd vewing.

If you want to know how I can achieve so fast rent-out just let me know I will explain to you further. but don`t expect secret know-how..they are all within common sense.
    One thing to add on,, when I contacted agent for rent out my unit,,almost every agent ask me whether I got intention to sell out, and it was getting irritating,,
    so I questioned how come so many agent asked me to sell,,then a few agents told me because,,after top of Soleil,,it turned out to be quite nice build-up and facilities than people`s expectation,,so most owner changed their mind not to sell but rent.

I just wanted to test the market,,so I put my asking price so high but no agent told me No No..and some brought the buyers to show them.

I personally believe if location good and rental demand stands still,,no need to worry of price drop. Although it is slightly dropped but will recover back elastically.
    If you have condo in Novena area,, No need to worry,, just laid-back youself and watch the market movement.

Quote Originally Posted by melodies
    Carabelle $700 psf you want? Not worth it lah since early owners bought theirs at $500 psf, since much lower than you! When need to cut loss, you can't win them! Ops!

Soleil looks better very very much better deal at $1k psf since early owners bought at $1700 psf - $2000 psf!
    Ya, I know. Got a friend staying there, bought when launch..., about $600psf at that time accordingly to him? Better don't piss Stalingrad off, if u are waiting for $500psf...

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

I also got the same data.. but where came the $1160 & $1175 recently as posted by stalingrad?? I really can't find it leh! Dun tell me he just insert by typing in himself & claim now the prices are approaching $1000psf??

what is wrong with this project. now the prices are approaching $1000 psf.

Default SOLEIL caveats price

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    I also got the same data.. but where came the $1160 & $1175 recently as posted by stalingrad?? I really can't find it leh! Dun tell me he just insert by typing in himself & claim now the prices are approaching $1000psf??
    pls see the attachment..

stanlingrad is right about the psf.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    pls see the attachment..

stanlingrad is right about the psf.
    SISV is known to have this problem.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=6876
    I would think it is still unsolved.

partially lifted from that post
    When a price fall isn't a price fall

SISV Services is fixing problem with caveats lodged for some subsale deals.

By Kalpana Rashiwala

PRIVATE home prices have fallen but in some cases, the drop may not be as much as suggested by SISV Services' Realink database.

Savills Singapore has spotted more than 60 instances of 'duplicate caveats' listed at different prices for the same transaction and which give the impression of a unit changing hands within a span of a few months at a significantly lower price, when in fact it hadn't.

The common thread running through these cases is that they involved subsale deals transacted in the past six months for projects which either received Temporary Occupation Permit in 2008 or are nearing TOP.

For example, Realink shows a caveat for a 47th floor unit at The Sail @ Marina Bay sold in the subsale market in September for $508,024 or $858 psf, when actually the unit was sold for $1.45 million or $2,450 psf and which was caveated three months earlier (and also shown in Realink). The lower price was the price at which the developer first sold the unit back in 2005.

In another instance, Realink shows a caveat for a unit at Park Infinia at Wee Nam in November for $1.16 million or $868 psf, one-third lower than the $1.77 million or $1,325 psf caveat lodged for the same unit two months earlier. Actually, both caveats were lodged by the same buyer, who paid the higher price.

Rodyk & Davidson LLP partner Tang Woon Ee told BT that it was 'good practice' to advise clients who buy in the subsale market to lodge two caveats. The first is when the buyer exercises his subsale option and has to fully pay up the initial 5 per cent deposit; this caveat will reflect the actual transacted price.

Then, two or three months later, when this subsale transaction is completed and the buyer enters into a fresh sale and purchase agreement (SPA) with the developer, the buyer should lodge another caveat to protect his interest in the unit. This fresh SPA will reflect the original price at which the developer sold the unit, since this is the price it is entitled to collect.

'So if the developer originally sold the unit to Buyer 1 for $1 million and Buyer 1 later sells to Buyer 2 in the subsale market for $1.2 million, the fresh SPA issued by the developer to Buyer 2 will still reflect the $1 million price; the profit (or loss) made by Buyer 1 from his subsale transaction is not relevant to the developer,' Ms Tang explained.

As a result, the original sale price of the unit gets reflected in the second caveat lodged by the purchaser in the latest subsale deal. In this instance, two caveats will be lodged by Buyer 2 for the same transaction - the first at $1.2 million followed by another a few months later at $1 million.

SISV's Realink database, by listing both caveats, gives the impression that the price of the unit has fallen about 17 per cent in the past three months.

this cannot be the problem. Soleil was launched in 2007 at 1700psf.

I was selective of my tenants' profile after some bad experience earlier. Surprisingly, there were a few Singaporeans who wanted to rent from me. I rejected as they wanted 6 months -1 year lease. I was looking for a 2 year corp lease from MNC. Initially, the unit was only going for p/f at 5.5k but the tenant wanted f/f so I added 500 more. Managed to get a 2-year corp lease so I am happy. Guess I have to treat you to coffee some day to learn how you manage to rent out so quickly. You sound like a guru.

One thing to add on,, when I contacted agent for rent out my unit,,almost every agent ask me whether I got intention to sell out, and it was getting irritating,,
    so I questioned how come so many agent asked me to sell,,then a few agents told me because,,after top of Soleil,,it turned out to be quite nice build-up and facilities than people`s expectation,,so most owner changed their mind not to sell but rent.

I just wanted to test the market,,so I put my asking price so high but no agent told me No No..and some brought the buyers to show them.

I personally believe if location good and rental demand stands still,,no need to worry of price drop. Although it is slightly dropped but will recover back elastically.
    If you have condo in Novena area,, No need to worry,, just laid-back youself and watch the market movement.
    If being able to rent out your soleil units is like winning the lottery (to be lucky), what does it say about the condo's appeal as a primary abode or rental property? while owners of CCR properties are still in denial, their properties have declined by at least 30% if more scientific methods are used to decipher the prices. basically there are no buyers, so that asking prices mean nothing. I guess it is a very good lesson to those that think property values can go up and never come down.

Properties in the west coast area have no problems being rented out at all.

?? I was offered $1300psf for a mid floor unit back then when it was launched

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    I was selective of my tenants' profile after some bad experience earlier. Surprisingly, there were a few Singaporeans who wanted to rent from me. I rejected as they wanted 6 months -1 year lease. I was looking for a 2 year corp lease from MNC. Initially, the unit was only going for p/f at 5.5k but the tenant wanted f/f so I added 500 more. Managed to get a 2-year corp lease so I am happy. Guess I have to treat you to coffee some day to learn how you manage to rent out so quickly. You sound like a guru.
    I am not the guru yet. However I have been studying property investment since 2006 until today.
    I am also staying overseas now, so when Soleil TOP that time, I needed to go to S'pore to find the tanant in rush mode.

My tanant is Japanese Single business man and 2 year corp lease as well.
    It is more than enough.

Most of Soleil unit had been launched at average price of 1450psf.
    Many of them got the unit around 1350psf in the early stage of launching time.
    Only some got the high floor unit at around 1700psf above.