Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Master Plan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    East Coast coastline will be going through a major transformation.

The one on top is taken from MND land use report while the one below is from onemap. Looks like those seaview property will eventually become apartment view.

since the map indicate until 2030, reserve sites will cater for additional 2 million in 2050

got commercial in gardens east? is that for 3rd IR?

how come resort world not indicated in blue in sentosa island? shoddy work

Quote Originally Posted by august
    quick glance, nothing new in there. seems like just repackage of exisiting plans.
    Fully agree. Just want to find some justification to bring in more people.
    Most of it we already knew and have been saying for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    You must be kidding me. Dubai went bankrupt.
    if you dun like dubai, change it to abu dhabi. the story is the same, my friend. the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of.

The one on top is taken from MND land use report while the one below is from onemap. Looks like those seaview property will eventually become apartment view.

I wanted to say this but deleted somehow. Expected more ppl & development along the new lines, especially 3 parallel east lines.

The fact they went bankrupt is because of poor budgeting. Their people will suffer because the nation has ran out of cash. Just like Greece, Dubai is facing harsh conditions and tough austerity measures. You need to brush up your knowledge. Don't tell people that nation went bankrupt = people are well taken care of. That is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    if you dun like dubai, change it to abu dhabi. the story is the same, my friend. the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of.

we are going to have roads to ubin and tekong!!! so hdb there no problem. one free hdb on ubin for each couple with 5 kids?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    since the map indicate until 2030, reserve sites will cater for additional 2 million in 2050

all it says is reserve site and possible reclaimation. no confirmation of what kind of developments yet.

The fact they went bankrupt is because of poor budgeting. Their people will suffer because the nation has ran out of cash. Just like Greece, Dubai is facing harsh conditions and tough austerity measures. You need to brush up your knowledge. Don't tell people that nation went bankrupt = people are well taken care of. That is a joke.
    my point is - a country can have big immigration policy, and take good care of its pple. if sgp can do so, i am sure everybody here will welcome immigration.

anyway, i am not saying a bankrupt nation can take care of its pple. everybody knows that it cannot. i dun deny that. i am not that daft.

The site opposite Garden By the Bay have been zoned for residential. So confirm no IR will be there.

for those coastal reserve site, I am sure government will build it like gold coast, where there will be hotels, apartment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    all it says is reserve site and possible reclaimation. no confirmation of what kind of developments yet.
    possible reclamation section is only the small part around in the lagoon.

The rest has already been confirmed.

my point is - a country can have big immigration policy, and take good care of its pple. if sgp can do so, i am sure everybody here will welcome immigration.

anyway, i am not saying a bankrupt nation can take care of its pple. everybody knows that it cannot. i dun deny that. i am not that daft.

dont compare Dubai with Singapore, they are very different. In Dubai. there is a major lack of middle class as well as local population because emiratis doesnt accept new citizens. The entire city is pretty much run by foreigners. One time you see the locals are in old shops and custom.

My point is - You cited Dubai and say it is a success story where people are well taken care of but that is so untrue. That is twisted.

Anyway, you said earlier "the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of." and now "everybody knows that it cannot."

I rest my case. Let's stop here.

possible reclamation section is only the small part around in the lagoon.

The rest has already been confirmed.
    confirmed as reserve site only lah..... don't even know what it will be used for!! moreover, it is a plan for 2030 and beyond.

My point is - You cited Dubai and say it is a success story where people are well taken care of but that is so untrue. That is twisted.

Anyway, you said earlier "the fact that they went bankrupt doesn't mean their pple are not well taken care of." and now "everybody knows that it cannot."

dubai was overly ambitious, but can't deny that they have really transformed the global aviation landscape

Default 5,600 hectares more land to accommodate projected 6.9m population: govt

SINGAPORE: Singapore plans to increase its land supply by nearly 10 per cent to 76,600 hectares to accommodate its projected population of 6.9 million by 2030, according to the Land Use Plan report released on Thursday.

Singapore's total land area now stands at 71,000 hectares.

The details come just two days after the release of the White Paper on Population outlining Singapore's strategies for a sustainable population.

About 60 per cent will be set aside for housing, industry and community facilities - up from the current 52 per cent. And, a large part of the additional land will come from reclamation and freeing up reserve land.

Some golf courses and military training grounds will make way for redevelopment.

There are now 18 golf courses in Singapore, covering about 1,500 hectares of land with leases that run for 30 years. The Law Ministry said the the majority of the leases will expire between 2021 and 2030 and it that added some golf courses would have to be phased out and the land put to other uses.

"We are working with the planning agencies over the next few months to provide clarity to the various golf courses on whether or not, their leases can be extended," the ministry said.

To accommodate 700,000 new homes by 2030, there are plans for new towns, new homes in existing estates and more homes in the central region.

For example, Tengah - a military training area - will be transformed into a new town with about 55,000 homes. The plan is to consolidate military training activities at Tekong once reclamation there is complete.

Most of the reclamation will be done at Tekong, an off shore island located on the north eastern part of Singapore, used for military training.

And Tuas, in the south western part of the island.

Beyond 2030, potential reclamation areas include Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris. These are also marked as reserve sites that can support future needs such as housing and industries.

Other possible future reclamation sites include clusters around the western islands and the southern parts of Singapore.

Another strategy is to go underground - by expanding current uses of underground space for example, with train lines, underground expressways and retail malls.

The government is also exploring more uses for underground caverns for industrial and commercial developments.

Addressing concerns over the quality of life, policy makers have painted the picture of what's described as "highly liveable, high density towns."

These will be towns with a full range of amenities from childcare centres, hospitals and recreational nodes.

By 2017, 20,000 more childcare places will be made available near homes, transport nodes and workplaces - up from the current 92,000.

By 2020, there will be an additional 2,200 acute hospital beds - 30 per cent more than what's available today.

In addition, there will be 1,900 community hospital beds added by 2020 - up from the current 800 beds.

By 2030, at least 85 per cent of Singaporeans will live within a 10 to 15-minute walk to a park.

Plans are already underway to improve public transport connectivity by ramping up the rail network and improving bus connectivity. To alleviate congestion around main commercial centres, jobs will be brought closer to homes.

So, there are plans for two new commercial belts in the northern and southern parts of Singapore.

The North Coast Innovation Corridor will be ready in about 10 to 15 years time while the Southern Waterfront City is expected to be developed after 2027, when the existing port relocates to Tuas.

Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan said: "Some Singaporeans, in fact, many say 'how could it be? It's already so crowded, 5.3 million, buses, trains, how is it possible to have 6.9 million population? The planners must be mad!'

"I think that's a legitimate reaction and of course they ask good questions, which is, how can you be sure, more population, but quality of life will remain the same but in fact even better?

"Actually the answer is yes. It's possible, you can have a larger population and yet better quality of life but conditions must be right.

"So what are those conditions - one there must be planning, which means good long-term planning and secondly, there must be good infrastructure that must be built ahead of demand.

"So if those conditions are there then you can achieve this seemingly difficult problem how to achieve better quality of life despite greater or larger population and we are confident because we have time because we are talking about the future, 2020, 2025, 2030 and as planners our mantra is Boy's Scouts' motto - 'prepare for the worst but hope for the best'.

"So in fact, from the planners' point of view we need aggressive projection.
    The figure 6.9 sounds aggressive but from the planners' point of view, we need aggressive figures, aggressive projections, so that we can prepare for the worst. The worst is if we plan for the best and then the worst comes, then you'll be under providing as what happened in the last few years."

- CNA/ck

The site opposite Garden By the Bay have been zoned for residential. So confirm no IR will be there.

for those coastal reserve site, I am sure government will build it like gold coast, where there will be hotels, apartment etc.
    Garden East got some dark blue spot, which is commercial area, among the residential areas

its okay. dun think it's necessary to discuss this point. i have spent the last 4 years jetting in and out of dubai and surrounding regions. i dun need to defend the case. they are successful in some ways, not every way. it is a fact the locals have it good, and it is all from oil money. they are eventually gg to match or even surpass us. changes to SQ/Qantas/Emirates is just the beginning.

the world is never what we know it to be thru newspapers and reports. we know iran is under embargo. do you know every day there are tens of speedboats carrying white goods into iran from oman? i watched them do the loading of goods every day in the past. the arabs countries support each other in a way that we do not understand.

that is why i said they locals have it good, even tho' they are bankrupted on paper. the shiekhs take care of one another. and the shiekhs take care of their pple.

of coz cannot compare to sgp becoz no one will take care of us. but that's not the pt i am arguing.
    Last edited by Shanhz; 31-01-13 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    confirmed as reserve site only lah..... don't even know what it will be used for!! moreover, it is a plan for 2030 and beyond.
    I can assure you that there will be new and better beaches along the new coast line, which will be 1km away from current one, and the government will do something similar to Gold Coast, where there will be hotels, residential apartment etc.

The plan is for 2030, that doesnt mean they need to wait till 2030 to start reclaiming the land.

Garden East got some dark blue spot, which is commercial area, among the residential areas
    I think it should be a mix development projects like shopping center and supermarket. those land facing GBTB will be damn hot I think.

I can assure you that there will be new and better beaches along the new coast line, which will be 1km away from current one, and the government will do something similar to Gold Coast, where there will be hotels, residential apartment etc.

The plan is for 2030, that doesnt mean they need to wait till 2030 to start reclaiming the land.
    if it's going to be like gold coast, then those FH seaview apt will huat even more! lose seaview, but gain proximity to such stuff

its okay. dun think it's necessary to discuss this point. i have spent the last 4 years jetting in and out of dubai and surrounding regions. i dun need to defend the case. they are successful in some ways, not every way. it is a fact the locals have it good, and it is all from oil money. they are eventually gg to match or even surpass us. changes to SQ/Qantas/Emirates is just the beginning.

the world is never what we know it to be thru newspapers and reports. we know iran is under embargo. do you know every day there are tens of speedboats carrying white goods into iran from oman? i watched them do the loading of goods every day in the past. the arabs countries support each other in a way that we do not understand.

that is why i said they locals have it good, even tho' they are bankrupted on paper. the shiehks take care of one another.

of coz cannot compare to sgp becoz no one will take care of us. but that's not the pt i am arguing.
    Do you mean oil $$ from neighbours? Dubai no oil rite?

This plan is not new and has been shown at the URA gallery for years...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=218

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    dubai doesnt have oil or gas. but they are the sin city of Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    The hdb owner there better cash out. Also, laguna, mandarin garden enbloc value dropped liao.
    +1
    totally agree
    All they have left is an ECP. Pricing will dropped to bukit panjang level.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    This plan is not new and has been shown at the URA gallery for years...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=218

It has been shown, but no one know exactly for sure about the details or where about is the current and new coast line. But with this, it is obvious that the government is going to do with east coast.

Any idea if and when the gov will release the masterplan for the plot ratio for every part of singapore?

It has been shown, but no one know exactly for sure about the details or where about is the current and new coast line. But with this, it is obvious that the government is going to do with east coast.
    There is this very big interactive panel at the URA gallery to show the transformation of the coastline.... the old vs new coastline.

I vaguely recall some plans released about 10yrs ago that east coast park would be massively revamped ... with underground carparks and more commercial buildings... but no concrete and official release.

Yeah its going to get exciting... tks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    dubai has oil, and not in the qty as abu dhabi

back in early days, i think 1960s or therebouts (can check wiki if you wan to know), when dubai govt decided to develop dubai, the locals were still like nomads. they had nothing. so to incentivise them to accept change, they were given land and houses (and maybe cars, that i'm not sure). over the years, the locals thru' the entitlement have grown much richer, and continue to be taken care of.

in the dubai crisis in 2009, if i am not wrong, because USA did not pay coupon on the treasury, dubai could not fulfill her obligations. they therefore decided to declare bankrupt and abu dhabi was the white knight, buying over everything that dubai owns. most of the bizmen who invest in dubai till date have not recovered their losses due to speculatoin during the hey day, when 10% of downpayment was used to turnover many many properties and it became a bubble. today, most of dubai is owned by abu dhabi.

anything more, have to ask history expert. this is what i know from my travelling (got more story lah, but will take few hours)

p/s: the part in red is how this discussion started, when i said that locals shld be well taken care of, if you wan to welcome immigrants. in between my biz trips, when i had free time, i joined their local tours and visited the museums, and other places, so i got to understand how they got to their present state of devp.
    Last edited by Shanhz; 31-01-13 at 13:36.

Digging out some old news.... I wonder how many of these plans were materialized eventually?

Channel NewsAsia 16 Nov 05
    East Coast Park to get S$160m upgrade
    By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : East Coast Park, Singapore's largest and most popular beach park, is getting a S$160 million facelift. The work will be done over four years, from 2007.

And the National Parks Board, which runs the 185 hectare park, wants public views on how to improve the country's favourite recreation site.

It also announced that Singapore's first Cable Ski Park will be ready by next March at the East Coast Lagoon.

East Coast Park was developed 30 years ago. But a recent survey by NParks showed accessibility to and connectivity within the park could be enhanced. So it came up with a concept plan to look at improving amenities and activities there. Among the plans are a pedestrian garden linking Marine Parade to the park, a main entrance and a visitor centre as focal points, and a people mover system with buses, trams, even buggies to take park users around.

For those who drive, 500 more parking lots will be added to the current 3,300, and all will be converted into two storey underground carparks complete with landscaping. The 10 underpasses will also get a facelift, and a bougainvillea park, costing more than a million dollars is planned to add colour.

Expected to be completed by 2010, the changes would not be introduced at one go. Said Kong Yit San, director of NParks, "Over these four years, then we will see how we implement the changes in stages. We will be doing that so that we do not disrupt the park or park users because this park will have to be constantly open to park users."

For a start, a 300-metre long Cable Ski Park will open in a few months. Using a hanging cable instead of a boat, it offers both skiing and wakeboarding.

Said Paul Fong of the Singapore Waterski and Wakeboard Federation, "I think this is a good avenue for the masses to try it as a cheaper alternative for most people. You can get more people doing it at the same time -- up to 10 people and 300 a day."

But for many park users, convenience is still a priority. "I hope there will be more bus services," one park user said. "Possibly the toilet facilities and the shower facilities at East Coast Park are not up to standard," another said.

You can give your views and suggestions to NParks either at the park itself or through the NParks website at www.nparks.gov.sg until 2 January 2006. All the feedback would be considered and the outcome announced in mid 2006. - CNA /ct

At the end of the report under acknowledgment, I noticed Ministry of Education is not in the list, will there be enough schools in the future?