Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Master Plan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj
    At the end of the report under acknowledgment, I noticed Ministry of Education is not in the list, will there be enough schools in the future?
    Schools are not indicated in the plan. Only uni.

i agree, singaporeans just want to be treated much better than foreigners, not having almost equal privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    dubai has 80% foreigners, but their locals are well (very well) taken care of. that's the point, isn't it? we dun mind foreigners, but we must be taken good care of. if garmen can ensure that, i hv no qualms about 12mil.

No wonder they lose punggol east.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Digging out some old news.... I wonder how many of these plans were materialized eventually?

Channel NewsAsia 16 Nov 05
    East Coast Park to get S$160m upgrade
    By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : East Coast Park, Singapore's largest and most popular beach park, is getting a S$160 million facelift. The work will be done over four years, from 2007.

And the National Parks Board, which runs the 185 hectare park, wants public views on how to improve the country's favourite recreation site.

It also announced that Singapore's first Cable Ski Park will be ready by next March at the East Coast Lagoon.

East Coast Park was developed 30 years ago. But a recent survey by NParks showed accessibility to and connectivity within the park could be enhanced. So it came up with a concept plan to look at improving amenities and activities there. Among the plans are a pedestrian garden linking Marine Parade to the park, a main entrance and a visitor centre as focal points, and a people mover system with buses, trams, even buggies to take park users around.

For those who drive, 500 more parking lots will be added to the current 3,300, and all will be converted into two storey underground carparks complete with landscaping. The 10 underpasses will also get a facelift, and a bougainvillea park, costing more than a million dollars is planned to add colour.

Expected to be completed by 2010, the changes would not be introduced at one go. Said Kong Yit San, director of NParks, "Over these four years, then we will see how we implement the changes in stages. We will be doing that so that we do not disrupt the park or park users because this park will have to be constantly open to park users."

For a start, a 300-metre long Cable Ski Park will open in a few months. Using a hanging cable instead of a boat, it offers both skiing and wakeboarding.

Said Paul Fong of the Singapore Waterski and Wakeboard Federation, "I think this is a good avenue for the masses to try it as a cheaper alternative for most people. You can get more people doing it at the same time -- up to 10 people and 300 a day."

But for many park users, convenience is still a priority. "I hope there will be more bus services," one park user said. "Possibly the toilet facilities and the shower facilities at East Coast Park are not up to standard," another said.

You can give your views and suggestions to NParks either at the park itself or through the NParks website at www.nparks.gov.sg until 2 January 2006. All the feedback would be considered and the outcome announced in mid 2006. - CNA /ct

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    East Coast coastline will be going through a major transformation.

The one on top is taken from MND land use report while the one below is from onemap. Looks like those seaview property will eventually become apartment view.

East Coast Road will become like Beach Road, far far away from the coast....

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    East Coast coastline will be going through a major transformation.

The one on top is taken from MND land use report while the one below is from onemap. Looks like those seaview property will eventually become apartment view.

This is not new. Recall seeing it in previous URA plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i agree, singaporeans just want to be treated much better than foreigners, not having almost equal privileges.
    pls go tell the hongkie baby drink water instead, they should sell baby milk powder to their neighbouring country. Tell the hongkie to give birth at home, let their neighbouring country women to occupy their hospital bed. Tell the hongkie children to study at home, they should let the neigbouring country has the equal opportunity to study in HK. Tell the hongkie to stop protesting, they should leave their hometown and let their neighbouring country take over their job because the Chinese are better cheaper faster. Tell the hongkie that if they cannot afford a home they should stay in the cage (cheap alternative given by govt) with the wife and baby, let the foreigner invest/ speculate to maintain healthy growth.

Quote Originally Posted by wtpooh
    This is not new. Recall seeing it in previous URA plans.
    The only reluable plan from mnd I know is mp 2008 and 2003. Which plan you referring to?

Err...we are talking about two countries with different socio, economic and political makeups. btw hongkong belongs to china in case you don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes
    pls go tell the hongkie baby drink water instead, they should sell baby milk powder to their neighbouring country. Tell the hongkie to give birth at home, let their neighbouring country women to occupy their hospital bed. Tell the hongkie children to study at home, they should let the neigbouring country has the equal opportunity to study in HK. Tell the hongkie to stop protesting, they should leave their hometown and let their neighbouring country take over their job because the Chinese are better cheaper faster. Tell the hongkie that if they cannot afford a home they should stay in the cage (cheap alternative given by govt) with the wife and baby, let the foreigner invest/ speculate to maintain healthy growth.

Err...we are talking about two countries with different socio, economic and political makeups. btw hongkong belongs to china in case you don't know
    our forefather also foreigner mah. In case no one knows.

The govt in HK did so many measures to stop speculation even though HK is part of China. BUT ARE WE PART OF ANYONE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!

our forefathers come from china but we are not mainlanders. Many americans have irish and african blood, but do these americans call themselves irish or africans? the queen of england has german blood, but does she call herself a half german? the list goes on....

our forefather also foreigner mah. In case no one knows.

Pls dont be As$holes and argue lah, damn bored to see anti or pro gov postings.

our forefathers come from china but we are not mainlanders. Many americans have irish and african blood, but do these americans call themselves irish or africans? the queen of england has german blood, but does she call herself a half german? the list goes on....
    precisely... so why do everyone has to say our forefather are foreigners? what is the point of saying that? So what is the reason why our minister said that too? If the govt just want us to accept foreigners, just say so. So what if my grandparents are from mainland China? Do i call myself a Singaporean or Chinese??

sorry, i'm not the one who started all this first. Not even other threads. Thanks!

precisely... so why do everyone has to say our forefather are foreigners? what is the point of saying that? So what is the reason why our minister said that too? If the govt just want us to accept foreigners, just say so. So what if my grandparents are from mainland China? Do i call myself a Singaporean or Chinese??
    If I recall my history correctly, most of our grandparents only officially had citizenship/IC due to British effort to counter Communism. Before that they were regarded by British as just cheap foreign labours without much rights.

If you are a singaporean with the same qualitications as a foreigner and the foreigner gets hired but not you, has the govt done anything to address this issue? The very least they could do is to come up with a law to restrict hiring of foreigners to a job if a local is equally capable of doing that job. There is a law in england whereby companies are only allowed to hire foreigners if they can show that only foreigners are capable of doing that job and there is a shortage of local talents in that area. Highly skilled jobs may require foreigners, but I am very sure many singaporeans have fallen through the cracks in many ordinary jobs in every sector.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...new-homes-2030

SINGAPORE — By 2030, Singapore is expected to have 700,000 new homes which will be located in new towns, existing estates and the central region, where 200,000 of these units will be completed by the end of 2016.

According to the Land Use Plan released today, three new towns will be carved out.

One of them is Bidadari town where 11,000 housing units, both private and public, are expected. Another town will be created in Tampines North, which is slated to have 21,000 units, while the other will be in Tengah, which will have 55,000 units and be almost the size of Ang Mo Kio Town.

Build-To-Order (BTO) projects can be expected in Bidadari and Tampines North first - in the next two to three years while BTO projects will come on stream in Tengah in the next three to five years. Mature estates will also be rejuvenated. CHANNEL NEWSASIA
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Walau.... after reading the report... shake my head ...

Almost everything has been heard for years... what kind of plan is this...

Seem like URA guys has nothing new to offer..

Jia lia bee... 炒冷饭 .....
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Actually the released plan today is Land Use Plan.

The Master Plan not out yet..

Quote Originally Posted by cnud

Everyone hoping to get revised plot ratio ah?

Quote Originally Posted by westman

Jia lia bee... 炒冷饭 .....
    Some details were already out at skyscrapercity quite some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud

If they can use old plans for this presentation, meaning they do not have much to offer.

From the reclaimed land, the government seems to be planning for a much bigger population increase.

Quote Originally Posted by westman

Jia lia bee... 炒冷饭 .....
    agree ... Tampines already so crowded still can take 21k more housing units?? ... the greeneries btn Tampines / Pasir Ris will be gone ... aiya

looks like Tengah will have cheapest BTOs in the future

luckily I don't stay in Tampines
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    If they can use old plans for this presentation, meaning they do not have much to offer.
    Same thoughts too. These were planned yrs ago with a population of 5.5 to 6m in mind. Now they use the same thing to try to pull a fast one to justify 7m population? sounds like a bad joke.

Good to see some sea facing residential plot around marina south.

Singaporean maybe living in Pulau Ubin in future. Did you notice the roads going into Pulau Ubin and Pulau Tekong on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Singaporean maybe living in Pulau Ubin in future. Did you notice the roads going into Pulau Ubin and Pulau Tekong on the map.
    I suspect gov might develop one into a new sentosa

They reserve all the good lands like Bukit Brown, Keppel, Kallang River Side 15y later .. .maximize return on land sales again

High property prices like HOng Kong are our future, be prepared for 2000psf in D18

and Kenobi-wan said he never peg new BTO to resale ... not very true lah ... AMK BTO is near 600psf
    Ride at your own risk !!!

sharing 2 pics:

Regional Centres of Singapore

from skyscrapercity y2koh's speculative map of mrt locations
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...200121&page=58

Notice gov is reducing the size of west coast park and convert the east section into commercial purpose