Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Master Plan 2013

They should build all 50storey high (Min) for new HDB flats.
    If not, there will not be enough ground space for people to walk freely..

Now I understand why CM7 has to come out (in spite of low price growth last year) before all these news. Can you imagine if there is no CM7?

Pasir Panjang going to be happening too in the future... when the port moves west. stock up on FH pasir panjang if you got the moolah...

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    They should build all 50storey high (Min) for new HDB flats.
    If not, there will not be enough ground space for people to walk freely..

Seems like 40 storey new HDB especially for SERs is already happening liao.....e.g. Clementi / Buona Vista/Teban Garden etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    They reserve all the good lands like Bukit Brown, Keppel, Kallang River Side 15y later .. .maximize return on land sales again

High property prices like HOng Kong are our future, be prepared for 2000psf in D18

and Kenobi-wan said he never peg new BTO to resale ... not very true lah ... AMK BTO is near 600psf
    no peg, just subsidise from the market rate.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Well said. I rather have 12m population and all citizens are taken well care of than have 4m and our women have to work as maids and men work as construction workers in other countries!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    dubai has 80% foreigners, but their locals are well (very well) taken care of. that's the point, isn't it? we dun mind foreigners, but we must be taken good care of. if garmen can ensure that, i hv no qualms about 12mil.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Well said. I rather have 12m population and all citizens are taken well care of than have 4m and our women have to work as maids and men work as construction workers in other countries!
    Actually now with 5.3 mil, r our aged citizens well taken care of, or u see many of them still working as cleaners? MIW likes cute teddybears btw.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is because with 5.3m population, not enough serviced based economy & tax revenue to sustain and help the aged and needy citizens. So if citizens want govt's more help, have to go up to 12m population mah.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Actually now with 5.3 mil, r our aged citizens well taken care of, or u see many of them still working as cleaners? MIW likes cute teddybears btw.

That is because with 5.3m population, not enough serviced based economy & tax revenue to sustain and help the aged and needy citizens. So if citizens want govt's more help, have to go up to 12m population mah.
    Ur theory might b right...

this would hinge on the ability to create jobs. look at phillipines - huge and still rapidly growing population but not enough jobs

and a personal gripe, NO MORE PRCs manning nasi padang stalls in foodcourts please!!!! they can man the ban mian stall, fish ball noodle stalls, chap chye stalls for all they like

just recently, wanted to order sayur lodeh at food republic only to realise it's a PRC who can't understand what my orders.

Since we are not a welfare state, do you have a concrete number on how much the govt is spending on the aged and the needy? Or are you simply parroting what the govt has been telling you? My guess is that the spending is insignificant by any standard.

Can we just leave politics out and keep the discussion on masterplan and urban development.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Can we just leave politics out and keep the discussion on masterplan and urban development.
    i support. These ppl should just shut up, stop saying Singaporean lazy useless want this want that, like to complain etc...

Office Boy is Back !!!

With the new Population and Land Use plan, does this mean that in the coming years, government will take in the people first then develop the land ?

My take is yes, it is not very much their style to build first then look for people to occupy them.

If people are wondering there is a HUGE surplus of PCs in the coming years, the answer is Yes - if we dont bring in anymore foreigners, and NO! if we are planning to bring in THAT many of them.

Any guidance from experts here ?
    DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    and a personal gripe, NO MORE PRCs manning nasi padang stalls in foodcourts please!!!! they can man the ban mian stall, fish ball noodle stalls, chap chye stalls for all they like

just recently, wanted to order sayur lodeh at food republic only to realise it's a PRC who can't understand what my orders.
    I used to see locals and Malaysians selling durians, now lots of PRC selling durians too.

I remember seeing a PRC girl making and selling prata too.

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    I used to see locals and Malaysians selling durians, now lots of PRC selling durians too.

I remember seeing a PRC girl making and selling prata too.
    Seriously, I think a law must come out that every company, every organisation, stat board, corporation MUST have flag raising ceremony and repeat the pledge EVERYDAY. Especially paying attention the the sentence "regardless of race, language, religion ... PROSPERTIY .. !"

I agree government should do more the its people. But lets no lose the Big Picture. Singapore is a very desirable place for people to want to come and live here. Do you know the meaning of "live here" - that is the uproot themselves, extended families and stay here.

While I also agree that we should have better policies to guard ourselves against foreigners who are just here to rip us off (those who become PR, but plan to cash out on their CPF in time to come and bring monies here back home to HUAT!).

So, friends, dont one bamboo pole whack the whole boat. Our duty as citizens is to help the government (whoever is the gahman), to close up these loopholes and make Singapore a better place to live in.

Huat!
    DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Seriously, I think a law must come out that every company, every organisation, stat board, corporation MUST have flag raising ceremony and repeat the pledge EVERYDAY. Especially paying attention the the sentence "regardless of race, language, religion ... PROSPERTIY .. !"

I agree government should do more the its people. But lets no lose the Big Picture. Singapore is a very desirable place for people to want to come and live here. Do you know the meaning of "live here" - that is the uproot themselves, extended families and stay here.

While I also agree that we should have better policies to guard ourselves against foreigners who are just here to rip us off (those who become PR, but plan to cash out on their CPF in time to come and bring monies here back home to HUAT!).

So, friends, dont one bamboo pole whack the whole boat. Our duty as citizens is to help the government (whoever is the gahman), to close up these loopholes and make Singapore a better place to live in.

Huat!
    DKSG

Agree and pruss one...
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Agree and pruss one...
    In case we all forgot our chalk painted white shoes and bermuda-type school uniform, standing still singing National Anthem and repeating this :

We, the citizens of Singapore,
    Pledge ourselves as ONE UNITED PEOPLE,
    Regardless of RACE, LANGUAGE, or RELIGION,
    To build a DEMORATIC society
    Base on justice and equality
    So as to achieve HAPPINESS, prosperity
    and PROGRESS for our Nation.

Got it ?

DKSG

Huat!
    DKSG
    The problem is with such a high percentage of people as foreigners, and when the economy crashes badly, you will see worse than the 1997 dip in price, and an even longer recovery period. People will start packing up their bags and leave, and no amount of govt policies will bring up the number again. Native SGreans will more likely tend to stay back picking up whatever tab is left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes
    lol. Just like telling the Aus, Your forefather are prisoners!!
    Nope, it's like saying to Aussie, their forefather are prisoners so it's ok to for other countries to send their prisoner over.

Looking at the latest Land Use Plan and MRT Network 2030, the govt is trying to spread residential, commercial and industrial land usage over the island. In the North, we'll have the North Coast Innovation Corridor; South we'll have the Southern Waterfront City; flanked by JLD and Tampinese Regional Centre in the West and East respectively.

I see that in future, the property prices in OCR will continue to rise, closing the gap with RCR and CCR. In fact, as the line between OCR, RCR and CCR continues to blur, property prices in future might very much depend on the following factors:
    1. Accessibility and Connectivity (e.g. MRT and Expressway)
    2. Amenities (e.g. Mall, Sports and Recreational)
    3. Niche of the development (e.g. Designed by renowned architect, waterfront)
    4. Prestige of the address (e.g. D9, 10 and 11, as always)

As Singaporeans look for better quality living, properties with the above attributes may have an edge over others in the same region.

Quote Originally Posted by earthling
    4. Prestige of the address (e.g. D9, 10 and 11, as always)
    orchard road is already bursting at the seams, as the population now stands at 5.3mil

i can't imagine when it hits 7mil - everyone cheong orchard road every weekend?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    orchard road is already bursting at the seams, as the population now stands at 5.3mil

i can't imagine when it hits 7mil - everyone cheong orchard road every weekend?!?!
    Having said that, I hope the govt can extend our retail shopping belt southward to Marina South area, together with future commercial and residential developments there, the Marina area would be our new CBD. Our Shenton and Marina would be something like Pu Dong and Pu Xi of Shanghai.

Also forget to mention, District 1,2,3 and 4 will be regarded as the same prestige as 9, 10 and 11 in the future as our country develops and population hitting 7 million.

Quote Originally Posted by earthling
    Having said that, I hope the govt can extend our retail shopping belt southward to Marina South area, together with future commercial and residential developments there, the Marina area would be our new CBD. Our Shenton and Marina would be something like Pu Dong and Pu Xi of Shanghai.

Also forget to mention, District 1,2,3 and 4 will be regarded as the same prestige as 9, 10 and 11 in the future as our country develops and population hitting 7 million.
    Singapore how to compare with the size of shanghai??

Also, your hope that 1,2,3,4 be equal to 9,10,11 is a little far stretched.. Then pole also hope 5,6,7,8 to be prestige.. The notion of prestige will always be historical.. I think maybe district 1,2 could be comparable for the buzz created by the financial activities but not the rest.. But as we all know, prestige will always be going to the time tested, well known locations by the world which will still be the traditional prime.

In case we all forgot our chalk painted white shoes and bermuda-type school uniform, standing still singing National Anthem and repeating this :

DKSG
    i like this. those were the days. how much did our canvas shoes cost? any one can rem? i bot a bata sch shoe for my girl recently. $19.99. wah biang. nearly fall off the chair. i couldn't even bear to spend $19.99 to buy sandals for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    i like this. those were the days. how much did our canvas shoes cost? any one can rem? i bot a bata sch shoe for my girl recently. $19.99. wah biang. nearly fall off the chair. i couldn't even bear to spend $19.99 to buy sandals for myself.
    you can get $10 a pair at nearby mkt store

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    agree ... Tampines already so crowded still can take 21k more housing units?? ... the greeneries btn Tampines / Pasir Ris will be gone ... aiya

looks like Tengah will have cheapest BTOs in the future

luckily I don't stay in Tampines
    waterview, qbay area.. still got land what..

HHAHAHAA
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    waterview, qbay area.. still got land what..

HHAHAHAA
    There is still land around citylife.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    There is still land around citylife.
    Wonder what will happen to the land in front of Citylife@Tampines...??
    Already the northern part (bike park) should be reserved for the new Tampines North town...are they going to remove the current bike park ?

Quote Originally Posted by ahchan
    Wonder what will happen to the land in front of Citylife@Tampines...??
    Already the northern part (bike park) should be reserved for the new Tampines North town...are they going to remove the current bike park ?
    Yes, ever saw in Pasir Ris Punggol poster calendar 2012 that shows Tampines Street XX in the Mountain Bike Park. Back then, I knew tampines bike park will be gone. Could not located the poster now.