Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personally i sense some weakness in resale/rental mkt

Default Personally i sense some weakness in resale/rental mkt

Just my thoughts after surfing thru property guru...seems like resale at a standstill and rental...pointing down...i am referring to ocr condos/apts...any
    similar thoughts...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Theoretically, the cooling measures should have some effects bah. But I think the 6.9 million has negated a large part of it.

On the contrary, I see that similar units in my projects are fetching about $300-500 more than what i closed in jun 2012 for rental, and i was definitely not charging below market rate then.

in Oct last year, i did had some difficulty to rent out my apt in CCR. empty for a month before i get a decent tenant.

I know of HDB rent renewal $100 increased to 2400$.
    Contract was broken with diplomatic clause after 6 months. New tenant came very next day. No vacancy period.

Many cases of ccr mm with multiple tenants eyeing for the unit. At least $3000 per mth rental. Subsale, resale is slower due to absd. But foreign buyers are coming inas their currency easily depreciate more than the absd annually.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Many cases of ccr mm with multiple tenants eyeing for the unit. At least $3000 per mth rental. Subsale, resale is slower due to absd. But foreign buyers are coming inas their currency easily depreciate more than the absd annually.
    please encrypt your message like me. do not share information too easily.

for example like this:

On the first strike of the gong, one taels of gold ingots equals 100 Lion dollars.

On the second strike of the gong, three taels of gold ingots equals 100 lion dollars and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    please encrypt your message like me. do not share information too easily.

for example like this:

On the first strike of the gong, one taels of gold ingots equals 100 Lion dollars.

On the second strike of the gong, three taels of gold ingots equals 100 lion dollars and so on...

WOAHAHEHEHE

Time to take medication

Rental still okay so far. As long as you are not asking for the sky. CCR Studio still easily 3.8 to 4k can go out. If you asking for 4.5k, of course have to furnish nicely and wait a while. But 3.8k shouldn't be a problem. RCR decent size studio, around 3.5k also quite easy and fast.

Those 300+ sqft MM, I am not sure since I have don't any.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Rental still okay so far. As long as you are not asking for the sky. CCR Studio still easily 3.8 to 4k can go out. If you asking for 4.5k, of course have to furnish nicely and wait a while. But 3.8k shouldn't be a problem. RCR decent size studio, around 3.5k also quite easy and fast.

Those 300+ sqft MM, I am not sure since I have don't any.

I beg to differ, since now the foreigners will have higher barrier to buy, many will choose to rent.

For me, I will be LION OPEN MOUTH BIG BIG on my next tenancy renewal,

or if you like 狮子开大口.

hehehehehehheheheheh

still the same, but my rental never increase

tenant has been staying there for 6 years, alway giro rent and keep place clean......but rental is 30% below market price

second unit, corporate lease agreement. so not much comment till 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    still the same, but my rental never increase

tenant has been staying there for 6 years, alway giro rent and keep place clean......but rental is 30% below market price

second unit, corporate lease agreement. so not much comment till 2015.
    at least keep pace with inflation lah. 30% below market is a lot.

wants to keep good tenant

since he dont give me trouble and he employs a part time maid to clean the house, sucking thumb

ever experience, past tenants every other month got friends or relative come and visit then jam up the whole place, if not will be bloody fussy over little things

i think even if you raise the rental by like $100-200 to cover the extra monthly maintenance cost, they probably won't raise too much of an issue lah.

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    wants to keep good tenant

since he dont give me trouble and he employs a part time maid to clean the house, sucking thumb

ever experience, past tenants every other month got friends or relative come and visit then jam up the whole place, if not will be bloody fussy over little things
    My friend rented out his geylang 2br at 1.5k to a Korean guy and for the past 10yrs, have not increased his rental. He has witnessed him from being single, to getting married and now having 2 kids. Recently, my friend was pyschoed by an agent to sell his unit, and he brought the agent there with some potential buyers to view the house. On the very same night, the Korean guy offered to pay double the rentals to 3k, and pleaded with my friend not to sell away the house. Haha...

What an interesting strategy to up the rent...

ya, thought about it before to increase but just dont want rock the boat.

just leave it as it is

I just peg my rental to the lower end of the market range.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    My friend rented out his geylang 2br at 1.5k to a Korean guy and for the past 10yrs, have not increased his rental. He has witnessed him from being single, to getting married and now having 2 kids. Recently, my friend was pyschoed by an agent to sell his unit, and he brought the agent there with some potential buyers to view the house. On the very same night, the Korean guy offered to pay double the rentals to 3k, and pleaded with my friend not to sell away the house. Haha...
    Why dont the korean guy just buy over the house?

I think few months ago I mentioned someone I know has a unit in cosmopolitan for rental. Met them during Chinese New Year, oh gosh, still not rented yet....$8k asking.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I have no idea leh... I guess Korean guy no budget or don't wish to commit

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Maybe he kena cement...i mean CM...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

nowadays, the ABSD alone is worth a few years of rental...

The rental market could be on the verge of a decline. Have been trying to rent out my city fringe studio and compared to 2 years ago 30% lesser viewings even though rent is up since then. In fact even lesser viewings than post Lehman period for the same unit. There are more queries from agents (as my approach is to advertise myself and open to all agts), implying they have more free time on their hands from a slow sale/rental market. If this is not a blip , then eexpect some declines very soon in the rental market.

Seasonal factors are at play. Dec and Jan are terrible months to try and rent out something.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Seasonal factors are at play. Dec and Jan are terrible months to try and rent out something.
    It is Feb now and I am comparing to the same period 2 years ago - apple to apple comparison even if it is seasonal.

You asking too high is it? Got MRT? RCR studio with MRT really easy to rent out. Fast and rental is at a respectable rate. I am talking about those > 500 sqft ones. If yours is 300 sq ft, then I am not sure because it is not livable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    It is Feb now and I am comparing to the same period 2 years ago - apple to apple comparison even if it is seasonal.

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    I think few months ago I mentioned someone I know has a unit in cosmopolitan for rental. Met them during Chinese New Year, oh gosh, still not rented yet....$8k asking.
    That kind of rental is difficult to swallow. Rentals around 3K asking are more buoyant, easier to get tenants.

Personally, I sense some weakness in my anal sphincter recently.

yeah ... weakness in YEN

据《华尔街日报》引述知情人士指,去年11月中以来,索罗斯旗下资产规模240亿美元的基金,已通过沽空日元获利接近10亿美元(约78亿港元);为自90年代阻击英镑大赚后获利最丰厚的一次。

此外,据悉索罗斯基金的投资组合中,近日亦增持日本股票,目前日本股票已占组合的10%。
    Ride at your own risk !!!