Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanglin Park

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Darn. That aircon remote is a classic.
    Blast from the past hor? I remember seeing this things for the first time around 1986 when my parents installed air-cons in our house in Hong Leong for the tenant. The "remote" had a wire connecting it to the air-con, and the air-con had fake wood panelling.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    No lah. I was too slow. Waiting for market to drop more in 2009
    You are being modest - you saw the landed spike coming! Or was that a fluke? haha..

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    For those who view many many condos and spend many months working out the pros and cons, at the end of the day, when they decide to buy, usually it is dictated by Fate. It is fated that the current Rivergate unit wowed your heart and you were at the right place and at right time and the owner was willing to let go at your right price.

Know someone who viewed a unit he liked but somehow couldn't transact. He went overseas for 2 years, returned and saw the unit was still in the market.

Its like a spouse waiting for him, he got it in the end. A fairy tale ending.
    Lemme guess - you are a lady, and you believe in true love?

But interesting that you said this. I can say a bit more about the buying process since it's probably a story you would enjoy I started off looking at 3-bedder units. Then I came across unit #14-14, which is pool facing. Nice layout (I actually prefer the units where the living and dining area are both along the balcony, then the "rotate 90 degrees" configuration. But I was a little hesitant about the unit number. Went to ask my best friend, who has a fantastic ppty investment track record, and she said "no way" (she's quite pantang), so I turned it down. Was a bit sore for a while after it was sold ($2150 psf, btw). Subsequently I saw some mid-floor units, but there was no "love at first sight". Then I saw #33-16 on a Saturday morning, was mesmerised by the view (I could even see the Changi Airport control tower if I squinted!) and told my agent I was willing to pay what the seller was asking for - we waited the day and the night, and the next day, my agent told me that the unit was sold to someone else (at $2298 psf) the night before I even saw it! CM7 came, and I had pretty much resigned myself to waiting 2 years to buy; my agent even told me #24-16 was just sold for $2300 psf (caveat not out, so maybe he "smoke" me... heh). 2 days later, my unit came on the market, with viewing on a Fri morning - I was ill that week, so that together with CM7, meant that I turned my agent down. But he called again to say that he could persuade the tenant to make the unit available on Sat, and for some reason, I dragged myself to the unit. Saw it, liked it, and made an offer, which was accepted.

OK, I clearly have no hope at a career in writing, but think you get the idea

One of the "exclusive" one. Was eyeing this few years back but ....$$$ no enuf

Yah... this one is really a rich man's property lah... must have holding power, but ought to be handsomely rewarded when the day comes

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie
    One of the "exclusive" one. Was eyeing this few years back but ....$$$ no enuf

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    Yah... this one is really a rich man's property lah... must have holding power, but ought to be handsomely rewarded when the day comes
    You are a rich person when you decided to go ahead with Rivergate.

I'm not Tanglin Park-level rich

But more seriously, I'm single, with little financial commitments (apart from my weakness for food and wine), so am able to save more. I have also been fortunate at work to have a good employer and superiors.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    You are a rich person when you decided to go ahead with Rivergate.

Did you look at other surrounding development like TriBeCa or Martin Place Residences?
    Would like to hear your view on them if you have considered but not chose these. (or other surrounding developments)
    TQ

I didn't view either of the 2 you mentioned, but did briefly consider them. My personal preferences are obviously biased, so do take with a pinch of salt:
    1. Tribeca: small devt - my previously condo was a 44-unit one in Pasir Panjang... paid $380 a month and all I had was a very small swimming pool. Decided thereafter I would not go for small devts.
    2. MPR: honestly, just did not do it for me for some reason. Obviously newer, but given the location, facilities, etc. I think Rivergate is a better choice for essentially the same price.
    3. Trillium: only saw the floor plans - felt that there was a lot of "wasted" space. It is a rich man's own-stay property
    4. Centennia Suites: Saw the showflat a long time ago. Thought it was quite nice, but honestly can't remember very much. Was $2000psf (or a bit more) during the launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khng8
    Did you look at other surrounding development like TriBeCa or Martin Place Residences?
    Would like to hear your view on them if you have considered but not chose these. (or other surrounding developments)
    TQ

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    But interesting that you said this. I can say a bit more about the buying process since it's probably a story you would enjoy I started off looking at 3-bedder units. Then I came across unit #14-14, which is pool facing. Nice layout (I actually prefer the units where the living and dining area are both along the balcony, then the "rotate 90 degrees" configuration. But I was a little hesitant about the unit number. Went to ask my best friend, who has a fantastic ppty investment track record, and she said "no way" (she's quite pantang), so I turned it down. Was a bit sore for a while after it was sold ($2150 psf, btw). Subsequently I saw some mid-floor units, but there was no "love at first sight". Then I saw #33-16 on a Saturday morning, was mesmerised by the view (I could even see the Changi Airport control tower if I squinted!) and told my agent I was willing to pay what the seller was asking for - we waited the day and the night, and the next day, my agent told me that the unit was sold to someone else (at $2298 psf) the night before I even saw it! CM7 came, and I had pretty much resigned myself to waiting 2 years to buy; my agent even told me #24-16 was just sold for $2300 psf (caveat not out, so maybe he "smoke" me... heh). 2 days later, my unit came on the market, with viewing on a Fri morning - I was ill that week, so that together with CM7, meant that I turned my agent down. But he called again to say that he could persuade the tenant to make the unit available on Sat, and for some reason, I dragged myself to the unit. Saw it, liked it, and made an offer, which was accepted.

OK, I clearly have no hope at a career in writing, but think you get the idea
    usually, i think, the bigger ticket the item, the more the "fate" and "impulse" that is involved. altho' this sounds very counter-intuitive, it is true for me. because it is such an impt purchase, you tink and analyse, calculate and plan, so much that you will miss out quite a few opportunities, here and there. so finally when u make a decision, it has to overwrite most of what you "planned" for. how to overwrite? fate and impulse lor.

but congrats. you mad ea good buy at rivergate. i must say tanglin place really looks old school. need abit of "love" to jump into it, considering the age.

Thanks, and I think you are right. For the same reason, few people actually have a need for a Ferrari in Singapore, but we will see so many of them

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    usually, i think, the bigger ticket the item, the more the "fate" and "impulse" that is involved. altho' this sounds very counter-intuitive, it is true for me. because it is such an impt purchase, you tink and analyse, calculate and plan, so much that you will miss out quite a few opportunities, here and there. so finally when u make a decision, it has to overwrite most of what you "planned" for. how to overwrite? fate and impulse lor.

but congrats. you mad ea good buy at rivergate. i must say tanglin place really looks old school. need abit of "love" to jump into it, considering the age.

MC considering en bloc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast