Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: Bartley Ridge

Can those who bought kindly share what kind of mortgage loan package you took up please?

And with which bank?

Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitkit
    Can those who bought kindly share what kind of mortgage loan package you took up please?

And with which bank?

Thanks in advance!!
    u can check wif anz, dbs for bartley ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    Who's their main con?

I went to view WaterBank.

The main con is Lian Beng. I feel the workmanship is quite bad, saw a couple of units interior. The wall between some rooms are hollow, like gypsium board type of material.

But the view of the 3 bedders facing the south is good, you can see parkway to raffles place.

The free form pool is also nice. Partly sheltered by a conserved tree. The place has 2 function rooms which is good. But no tennis court though.

Heard from an agent there bigger units hard to rent out. He only has calls in the last 3 weeks for smaller unit rentals. Things are definitely slowing down.

Anyway, back to Lian Beng, they seem to have a lot on their plate...be prepared for shitty workmanship in 2016.
    my dad went to rv edge today. He said tat the inner walls cannot mount tv cos is
    石灰墙, very thin, no bricks in betw.
    tink nowsaday all wanna cut cost.

I first heard of these when an ex-colleague collected the keys to The Sail and commented the cardboard wall.

I thought he was joking until I read about it in forums and it's becoming a stupid trend.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    my dad went to rv edge today. He said tat the inner walls cannot mount tv cos is
    石灰墙, very thin, no bricks in betw.
    tink nowsaday all wanna cut cost.
    Do you know how thin is it? 2,4,6 inches?

It would be interesting to know how they construct if they don't put bricks in between. Anyone knows?

I first heard of these when an ex-colleague collected the keys to The Sail and commented the cardboard wall.

I thought he was joking until I read about it in forums and it's becoming a stupid trend.
    I tink oso becos wanna save space. Diff at least 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by proxon
    Do you know how thin is it? 2,4,6 inches?

It would be interesting to know how they construct if they don't put bricks in between. Anyone knows?
    not sure how thin cos he din knock down the wall to check
    but he saw the ceiling one like half an inch nia.

Dear neighbours,

I just vested today finally. Eyeing since may, my house is finally sold and I manage to grab 1 of last last few 3y units left sad not to be able to get 3y (b) but still happy to grab 1. Got a 3y(a) guess the only advantage is the bigger MBR

Quote Originally Posted by hoppie
    Dear neighbours,

I just vested today finally. Eyeing since may, my house is finally sold and I manage to grab 1 of last last few 3y units left sad not to be able to get 3y (b) but still happy to grab 1. Got a 3y(a) guess the only advantage is the bigger MBR
    Congrats! So has the price increased since u started to see in may? Ur house sold - u renting till Bartley Rigde TOP?

Quote Originally Posted by curio
    Congrats! So has the price increased since u started to see in may? Ur house sold - u renting till Bartley Rigde TOP?
    no never increase just the ones i want already sold out, i staying with my parents till TOP and will move in together then rent out their house.

Dear neighbours,

Welcome Neighbour!! Which stack are you at?

Dear neighbours,

so happy for u!

btw, is there a short cut from BR to kesington sq?

Smile Bank loan

Hello Neighbours, i just bought too!

want to find out which bank's loan are you all getting? I'm looking at these few, any views which is better?

1) Bank A (2yrs lockin), flexibility to change between 1 or 3M sibor..and after TOP i can switch between 1/3/6/12 months Sibor unlimited )
    Y1 = Sibor + 0.95
    Y2 = Sibor + 0.95
    Y3 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y4 = Sibor + 0.85
    Thereafter = Sibor + 1.25

2) Bank B (No lockin, strictly 3M sibor)
    Y1 = Sibor + 0.7
    Y2 = Sibor + 0.8
    Thereafter = Sibor +1.25

3) Bank C (No Lockin, strictly 3M sibor)
    Y1 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y2 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y3 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y4 = Sibor + 1

Another question i have is, if i have extra cash, do you think its better that i don't loan so much from the bank such that i don't pay so much interest?
    I'm not sure how it works.. ...? Assume I only loan 75% of purchase price, does it mean that when the developer ask for the first 10%, i will be the one paying 5% and the other 5% will be paid by the bank? Many thanks!

Dear neighbours,

welcome, luckily u managed toget a decent unit without price increase

Welcome to u too!

For me I will choose the 3rd option.

I will choose to leave the excess cash wif me to safeguard agst any unforeseen event. Anyway, u hv the option to reprice after TOP. If u really hv too much cash at tat time den u repay more lor.

U hv the option to decide on the % of whether it is u or the bank to pay. Speak to yr banker.

Quote Originally Posted by JL777
    Hello Neighbours, i just bought too!

want to find out which bank's loan are you all getting? I'm looking at these few, any views which is better?

1) Bank A (2yrs lockin), flexibility to change between 1 or 3M sibor..and after TOP i can switch between 1/3/6/12 months Sibor unlimited )
    Y1 = Sibor + 0.95
    Y2 = Sibor + 0.95
    Y3 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y4 = Sibor + 0.85

2) Bank B (No lockin, strictly 3M sibor)
    Y1 = Sibor + 0.7
    Y2 = Sibor + 0.8
    Thereafter = Sibor +1.25

3) Bank C (No Lockin, strictly 3M sibor)
    Y1 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y2 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y3 = Sibor + 0.85
    Y4 = Sibor + 1

Another question i have is, if i have extra cash, do you think its better that i don't loan so much from the bank such that i don't pay so much interest?
    I'm not sure how it works.. ...? Assume I only loan 75% of purchase price, does it mean that when the developer ask for the first 10%, i will be the one paying 5% and the other 5% will be paid by the bank? Many thanks!

thks chngz once again

Long awaited good news for all. Refer to link below.

680 sold ...188 left

Quote Originally Posted by chngz
    680 sold ...188 left
    Left with the bigger units?

tis month de sales not bad wor

tink still hv 2 bedders leh ...

New Alkaff lake for Bidadari estate
    HDB fly-through of Bidadari development plan
    A video provided by the Housing and Development Board (HDB) showing the highlights of its plans for the Bidadari Estate housing area. As part of its efforts to s...

Bidadari will have 11,000 housing units, new 10-hectare park BY
    XUE JIANYUE
    -1 HOUR 23 MIN AGO

SINGAPORE — The 93-hectare Bidadari estate, with 11,000 housing units,
    will feature a lake inspired by the former Alkaff Lake Gardens. The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has envisioned the estate as a
    “tranquil urban oasis” for residents. There will be six neighbourhoods — Alkaff, Bartley Heights, Sennett, Park’s Edge and Woodleigh — with the first housing parcel in Alkaff Neighbourhood to be launched by 2015.

The new Alkaff lake will be located in a new Bidadari Park, of around 10
    hectares. The park will integrate an existing Memorial Garden commemorating the heritage of Bidadari Cemetery. When the estate is ready, residents can access the nearby Bartley and Woodleigh MRT stations through pedestrian and cycling pathways. A 20-metre wide greenway, lined with rest spots, commercial and communal facilities, will also cut across the estate from Bartley Road to Upper Serangoon Road.

A town centre called Market Square will feature public housing integrated with community facilities and a bus interchange.

To bring back the rich and fond memories of Bidadari, the estate will feature a Heritage Walk showcasing stories of Bidadari’s history and contributions of prominent personalities, including Syed Shaik Abdulrahman Alkaff, a famous merchant and landowner whom the Alkaff Lake Gardens was named after. Built in 1929, the garden was an attraction in pre-war colonial Singapore. In its heyday, families rowed boats in the lake and dating couples frequented the surrounding man-made hills.

While the garden survived the Japanese Occupation, it was bought by a realty company in 1949 and subsequently redeveloped into a school and a private residential estate. Bidadari is one of three new housing areas being showcased at HDB’s “Future Homes, Better Lives” Exhibition this evening (Aug 29) at the HDB Hub Atrium.

The exhibition showcases the broad development plans for three new housing areas — Bidadari, Tampines North, and Punggol Matilda. It will be
    held from today to Sept 15.

A town centre called Market Square will feature public housing integrated with community facilities and a bus interchange.
    from the video, r u able to ascertain where is the mkt sq n interchange?

Published on Aug 30, 2013
    Bidadari estate: Melding greenery with heritage
    LAND AREA: 93ha

PROJECTED NUMBER OF HOMES: 11,000 units

HOUSING MIX: 90 per cent public and 10 per cent private

TIMELINE: First housing parcel in the estate's Alkaff neighbourhood to be launched by 2015

KEY FEATURES:

Six distinctive neighbourhoods.

A 10ha green lung, Bidadari Park, in the heart of the estate.

A new lake, inspired by one that had been in the former Alkaff Lake Gardens in Bidadari, will be created in the park.

The stretch of Upper Aljunied Road running through Bidadari will be decommissioned to form part of a Heritage Walk, to commemorate Bidadari's history. A replacement road will be built to the south of the stretch to be decommissioned.

A 20m-wide greenway that traverses the length of the estate, from Bartley Road to Upper Serangoon Road, will allow residents to cycle and walk around more safely.

A town centre, called Market Square, will be located next to Woodleigh MRT station. It will be a mixed-use development with public housing, a bus interchange and community facilities. Next to it will be a commercial and residential development.

Residents of Bidadari estate will also be served by Bartley MRT station.
    Source: http://www.mypaper.com.sg/news/bidad...itage-20130830

Date issued : 29 Aug 2013

Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan launched the HDB’s “Future Homes, Better Lives” Exhibition this evening. The exhibition showcases the broad development plans for three new housing areas – Bidadari, Tampines North, and Punggol Matilda – and is part of HDB’s efforts to consult and seek public feedback on the upcoming plans. It will be held from today to 15 September 2013 at the HDB Hub Atrium.

2As the master planner and developer of Singapore’s public housing estates, HDB is constantly on the lookout for innovative ideas to provide residents with a quality living environment. In line with HDB’s Roadmap to provide well-designed, sustainable and community-centric towns, we also consciously provide for community spaces to encourage interaction and cultivate strong community bonds.

3The plans for Bidadari, Tampines North, and Punggol Matilda, will capitalise on their individual distinctive character to bring about a unique identity and living experience. They will build on each estate’s history, distinctive local flavour and features. Five key ideas will guide the development plans of the three areas, namely:

a) Distinctive housing districts with unique identities
    b) Green housing districts with community gardens and abundant greenery
    c) Vibrant community spaces to encourage community activities
    d) Rekindling memories to form new ties and communities
    e) Promoting a healthy lifestyle with well-connected cycling and pedestrian networks

4The implementation of these new urban design concepts will add to the vibrancy of the Singapore housing landscape. They will characterise our next generation of public housing as we move forward in the next decade. We would like to encourage the public to visit the exhibition and share your feedback and thoughts on the development plans with us.

Bidadari Estate

5Located in the central region of Singapore, Bidadari is bounded by Bartley Road to the north, Upper Serangoon Road to the west, Sennett Estate to the south and Mount Vernon Road to the east. It is well-served by Woodleigh and Bartley MRT stations on the North-East Line and the Circle Line respectively. Bidadari Estate will be a tranquil urban oasis, where residents can relax and connect with family and friends in a garden-like setting. HDB envisions it to be “A Community in a Garden”.

6Some of the plans for Bidadari Estate include:

a) A 10 ha Bidadari Park with a lake that will form the new green lung for the estate;

b) Six distinctive neighbourhoods, each with unique identities through the use of varied building forms that respond to the different characteristics of Bidadari;

c) Public spaces for community gathering and events within a garden-like setting;

d) A mixed-use Market Square commercial cluster, together with commercial and social communal facilities pavilions to serve the needs of residents;

e) A pedestrianised Upper Aljunied Road transformed into a Heritage Walk with mature trees and which captures fond memories of Bidadari’s heritage;

f) A seamless pedestrian and cycling network to make travelling within Bidadari more pleasant and convenient.

Tampines North

7Tampines North is envisioned to be a new “green shoot” and extension of Tampines Town. The vision for Tampines North is “Tampines in Bloom: Budding Communities within a Green Tapestry”. Guided by this vision, Tampines North will capitalise on its existing greenery and proximity to Tampines Town to create an attractive living environment, through five key strategies.

8 These strategies are designed around a striking ‘leaf’ concept and include:

a) A 7.5 ha meandering Boulevard Park that will form the green spine for Tampines North, providing a scenic and seamless connection between Sun Plaza Park in the south to Sungei Api Api in the north;

b) A “Blossoms Walk” within the Boulevard Park to create a local yet distinct identity;

c) A 10 ha Quarry Park which could connect to Pasir Ris Town in the future;

d) A seamless pedestrian and cycling network that will weave through the various housing districts, enabling residents to cycle and walk around Tampines North with convenient links to the main activity spine; and

e) A new distinctive landmark mixed development comprising both commercial and residential uses, and integrated with a bus interchange.

Punggol Matilda

9Under the Phase 2 master plan for Punggol New Town unveiled in Oct 2012, Punggol will feature seven distinctive eco-town districts, each with a unique identity and character. Capitalising on its proximity to the waterfront and taking inspiration from its heritage, the Matilda district of Punggol is set to be an attractive waterfront housing district with many flats commanding waterfront views. Planning for Matilda was inspired by the ‘verandah’ feature of the old Matilda House and its surrounding lush greenery. Hence the vision of Matilda District – Verandah by the Waterfront”.

10Some of the new plans for Punggol Matilda include:

a) New housing forms with integrated landscaped decks that provide “door-step” accessibility to the precinct amenities;

b) A Community Street leading to the waterfront, designed as an urban verandah with “living rooms” as rest points for residents to sit and chat;

c) Leafy walkways to provide seamless sheltered connectivity between the residential precincts and the waterfront promenade; and

d) A vibrant waterfront shopping mall, as well as recreational amenities and parks for community events.

Moving forward

11The exciting developments for the three housing areas are slated to take place within the next few years. The first project in Punggol Matilda with the new housing form will be launched in the BTO exercise in Sep 2013, followed by Tampines North in the second half of 2014 and Bidadari in 2015. More details will be made available closer to the actual launches.
    Source: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p....4?OpenDocument

from the video, r u able to ascertain where is the mkt sq n interchange?
    On the Master Plan, there is an area zoned for commercial (blue) near to Woodleigh MRT. That shd be it.

If not, near to it.

The road in that area will closed.

On the Master Plan, there is an area zoned for commercial (blue) near to Woodleigh MRT. That shd be it.

If not, near to it.

The road in that area will closed.
    sianz lor, amenities so far away ...

oni 10% will be pte. able to tell the pte will be located where?

aiyo, nvr go down n see very hard to visualise leh

btw, the plot which spca is currently sitting on got say is resi or comm?
    if resi, issit pte or HDB?
    my concern is not to be beside/behind/infront of hdb housing!

sianz lor, amenities so far away ...

oni 10% will be pte. able to tell the pte will be located where?

aiyo, nvr go down n see very hard to visualise leh

btw, the plot which spca is currently sitting on got say is resi or comm?
    if resi, issit pte or HDB?
    my concern is not to be beside/behind/infront of hdb housing!
    Note the stretch of glass facade walkway to the lake. I think there are might be commercial below the walkway within the glass facade.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehtc
    Note the stretch of glass facade walkway to the lake. I think there are might be commercial below the walkway within the glass facade.
    the glass façade is very far from bartley mrt too

the glass façade is very far from bartley mrt too
    3 bus-stops away but the park is about 10 min walk. Not too bad.

Seems like most of the amenities will be nearer to woodleigh Mrt and not bartley mrt. More good than bad in my opinion. Just waiting to see what will be the plans for the SPCA plot, I am hoping for a Pte residential with some commercial component, something along the concept of Kensington. Can't wait to know !