Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The real FACTS about Landed property

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Not that bad la! I still can run in Botanic garden every day.
    hahahaha....

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness...ness_list.html

Number 9

Take the stairs

There's a reason why a piece of exercise equipment was designed after a staircase. Climbing stairs provides a thorough aerobic workout, and will help tone muscles in your calves, thighs and buttocks. In fact, taking the real stairs will provide something of an upper body workout that the stair climber in the gym won't, thanks to an absence of armrests to lean on.

As stair climbing is a weight-bearing exercise (meaning that you support your own weight as you do it), it strengthens your bones. Bypassing the elevator is also a great way to burn twice as many calories as you would walking; climbing six flights a day over a full year could shed up to 18 pounds.

Read more: http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness...#ixzz2Oqtt6rGh

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    To buy a brand new landed hse in today's market, one's foot has to be decently big. Not any tom, dick or harry can even afford the downpayment.

nah...most brother here can easily buy a 7 to 10m landed property if they are crazy enough to leverage themselves to their neck and they dont even need to brag about it. That is what separate an investor to a home owner.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

so for landed property owner, climbing stairs is consider an exercise?

hmm...I condo we have plenty of stairs to clim, BUT I would rather go to my condo gym for a good and complet workout and then jump into the jacuzzi to relax myself.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Luckily, I am not staying in the same condo as you. The jacuzzi water must b very unhygienic. Next time, plse shower first before you jump into the jacuzzi. Be considerate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

hmm...I condo we have plenty of stairs to clim, BUT I would rather go to my condo gym for a good and complet workout and then jump into the jacuzzi to relax myself.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Luckily, I am not staying in the same condo as you. The jacuzzi water must b very unhygienic. Next time, plse shower first before you jump into the jacuzzi. Be considerate!
    nah I was just kidding our landed property sua ku.

the only time I go to jacuzzi is during when we have a pool side BBQ.

You can climb up n down cos' your landed house doesnt have many storeys and also not high enought! I used to stay in a Bungalow with basement and attic and every floor has very high ceiling, so total 4 storeys including basement and attic), grand spiral stairs means long flight. U really need a lift to access attic, if u want to go to attic (not exactly attic, but actually is another floor at top level), u need to take lift. Imagine that if u left a book in attic and you are rushing to go out, no joke if u have no lift!
    Last edited by teddybear; 29-03-13 at 10:02.

You can climb up n down cos' your landed house doesnt have many storeys and also not high enought! I used to stay in a Bungalow with basement and attic and every floor has very high ceiling, so total 4 storeys including basement and attic), grand spiral stairs means long flight. U really need a lift to access attic, if u want to go to attic (not exactly attic, but actually is another floor at top level), u need to take lift. Imagine that if u left a book in attic and you are rushing to go out, no joke if u have no lift!

yes, seems that most new landed house have lifts installed.

Enough said....notice the poor attempt at recovery..

teddybear, since you believed him, does that make you a sua ku?

nah I was just kidding our landed property sua ku.

the only time I go to jacuzzi is during when we have a pool side BBQ.
    Last edited by proper-t; 29-03-13 at 10:39.

That is why 3 storeys are still manageable. Must always have a sizeable room on the ground floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by proper-t

[QUOTE=proper-t]Enough said....notice the poor attempt at recovery..

teddybear, since you believed him, does that make you a sua ku?[/QUOT]

-----
    Last edited by felicia_sg; 29-03-13 at 17:10.

a logical person will never say that living in landed property is cheaper than condo because we all know that what most landed owners are pay in utility bills every month will be more than what most condo owners are paying for maintenance.

while we are at it, please do also remember that what condo dwellers are paying in maintenance is not just four walls and a door, they are paying for tangible benefits like having landscape kids play ground. swimming pool, jacuzzi, function room, gym, tennis court, security, BBQ pit, view etc.

And unless you have concrete statistics and fact to prove, if not please dont say that condo dwellers doesnt use their facilities.
    Sorry to say this. electricity rates are the same every where except for industry use. Only part more expensive is the number of toilet (5-6 on average) that you pay per month + the refuse collection (not that much).

Huh? Do you know the difference between discretionary and mandatory? It doesn't mean one is more expensive than the other

Perhaps you didn't read my first statement properly
    If you referring to cost avoidance then yes.

For landed vs condo, one is shared cost while the other is from the owners pocket. But then again, there is no sinking funds to be paid as well.

How to compare apple to orange?
    Condo got swimming pool, gym, playground, greenery all around, tennis court, common facilities and big landscaping.

Landed 3000 sqft got what swimming pool, tennis court, ...???

End up people still unable to provide concrete evidence and claim that landed overall maintenance and costs is cheaper than condos despite having nothing that condos have!
    I would imagine the cost would "fixed" as in a basket of items with a attached cost.

Landed owners / investors are different in mindset.

Some wants a landed because of large family with equal number of cars and condo is a no no.

Some may argue that not all that stays in landed are like that .

we all have differing views and it does not have a one size fits all kind of response.

In fact, some good points have been highlighted. Not everyone would have the same response to marrying or for that matter even buying a car.

Buy MPV ? siao .. after that a lorry crash into you whole family die.. some may say buy car in SG is never cheap ..but we are deviating ...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Once u stayed in spacious landed, u probably wont want to squeeze in condos. U can play hide and seek in a landed, but certainly not for condo unit, cos a 360 degree turn, u can see everything!

Just like once u own a private car, u probably wont want to squeeze in buses / mrt trains.

The point about maintenance, what one pays for monthly maintenance in a condo is only for the external shared facilities, cleaning and security. These are mandatory whether or not there are damages, and whether or not the damages are critical. It does not cover your internal live-in area, which you still need to pay extra yourself.

Whereas for landed, indeed maintenance is discretionary mostly unless critical damages.

And the point about higher utilities bills, it is all about usage and not about the size although landed incurs more sanitary charges due to the number of bathrooms you have.

Property tax for landed (expressed as a % of the purchase price) is also lower than condo due to lower rental yield.
    X2

10 chars

Actually for retirees, it better to live in condo than landed because is condo, you have got facilities to keep yourself active like pools , gym, exercise corner etc. Plus you dont really need a car because many condos will offer feeder service to bring to you to nearby MRT station and shopping mall etc.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    Sorry to say this. electricity rates are the same every where except for industry use. Only part more expensive is the number of toilet (5-6 on average) that you pay per month + the refuse collection (not that much).
    The killer cost for landed property is not the toilet, its the air conditioning.
    Bigger space = higher btu compressor, more lightings = higher electricity consumption, there is no need to debate

Plus, for those who are afraid of mosquitoes, they will always sleep with aircon on, 365 days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    If you referring to cost avoidance then yes.

For landed vs condo, one is shared cost while the other is from the owners pocket. But then again, there is no sinking funds to be paid as well.
    It is not so much about cost avoidance vs shared cost but the fact that condo maintenance fees are mandatory by law.

As a point of reference, for example, Residences @ emerald hill, the monthly maintenance charges ranges from $1,152 to $2,160 per month which translate to $13,824 to $25,920 per year. For an apartment at Hamilton Scotts, the estimated maintenance fee starts from $1,500 per month. This translates to $18,000 p.a. or $4,500 per quarter.

This $18K per year is a mandatory expenditure and buyers should note that it is an offence not to pay the maintenance fees. The legal remedies which your MC can take to recover the fees are outlined below as described in an extract of a condo resident's handbook. This can range from slapping late interest charges, garnishing your rental proceeds to even selling off your unit via a court application.

5. Late payment interest (rates to be determined by the Management) will be levied on Maintenance Charges not received after 30 days from the date of notice to pay.

6. Further legal action shall be taken should the Subsidiary Proprietor continue to default on Maintenance payment. The following action could be taken by the MCST to recover arrears :-

a. Lodge a charge against the said unit (SP will be prevented from selling the unit unless outstanding maintenance charges, with interest, are fully paid);

b. Application of garnishment order on the unit, if the Subsidiary Proprietor is collecting rental from the unit;

c. File legal claim at the Small Claims Tribunal;

d. Application to the courts to have the unit sold to recover all outstanding maintenance charges still owing

The above mentioned legal actions are enforceable under the BMSMA (2004)
    Last edited by proper-t; 19-04-13 at 13:23.

Propert-T, I am still waiting for you to tell us what sort of equipment and machine you have at your landed property gym leh.

btw, you might want to use maintenance cost of The Marq to compare to your landed utilities bills. I am sure that will be more appropriate since one have supercar the other also have super-kah (leg) to walk to the nearest bus stop

Propert-T, I am still waiting for you to tell us what sort of equipment and machine you have at your landed property gym leh.

btw, you might want to use maintenance cost of The Marq to compare to your landed utilities bills. I am sure that will be more appropriate since one have supercar the other also have super-kah (leg) to walk to the nearest bus stop
    It is quite sad how some people must always compare what they have with others and make themselves feel miserable. Your constant attempts to ask me the same question over and over again seem to have caused your mental state to deteriorate even further.

Who in their right frame of mind compares the maintenance cost of a condo to the utility bills of a landed?

I have heard of people comparing the maintenance cost of a condo to the upkeep/repair cost of a landed property OR the utility bills of one against the other but never your combination. Care to explain your rationale ?

Anyway, the point is not to debate which one is higher, I have already stated many times in this thread that there is no empirical evidence to prove it one way of the other. It is just to give an example of the amount of mandatory payments that one would have to fork out on a monthly basis.
    Last edited by proper-t; 19-04-13 at 15:45.

It is quite sad how some people must always compare what they have with others and make themselves feel miserable. Your constant attempts to ask me the same question over and over again seem to have caused your mental state to deteriorate even further.

Who in their right frame of mind compares the maintenance cost of a condo to the utility bills of a landed?

I have heard of people comparing the maintenance cost of a condo to the upkeep/repair cost of a landed property OR the utility bills of one against the other but never your combination. Care to explain your rationale ?

Anyway, the point is not to debate which one is higher, I have already stated many times in this thread that there is no empirical evidence to prove it one way of the other. It is just to give an example of the amount of mandatory payments that one would have to fork out on a monthly basis.
    why do you even want to comment about condo maintenance when you dont even have any facilities in your landed homes to compare with?

Perhaps you should compare landed to HDB.

why do you even want to comment about condo maintenance when you dont even have any facilities in your landed homes to compare with?

Perhaps you should compare landed to HDB.

This coming from someone who advocates comparing maintenance cost for condos against utility bills for landed.

Don't you think you have embarrassed yourself enough already. Perhaps you should stick to your original intent and be done with this thread rather than keep tripping over your own statements and making a mockery of yourself. Just from your statement below in post #20 of this thread, it already shows the kind of character you are. Anyone with a sense of integrity and self worth would stick to their declarations. Yet, here you are, continually coming back for more punishment.

I am done with this thread. Good luck to your economic fairytale
    Last edited by proper-t; 19-04-13 at 19:11.

proper-T can you tell us how much do you know about this chart that you posted earlier? I think many bros and sisters here are all looking forward to learn from you leh.

comfort and peace working out in your personal own gym in your landed property. Can tell us what equipment and machine you have in your gym. share share lah,,,dont be so secretive leh.

proper-T, sometime back you mention that household income is not an important factors to determine holding power for property. Care to explain further on this as I am sure many people would like to know why.

Landed property gives owner the option to have their own design and not with large balcony and aircon ledges.

TO: Ringo33
    11x

This refers to the number of times you have resurrected a topic from other threads in which you have lost and are trying to redeem yourself.

I think you have really lost it this time carrying over this inane behaviour of yours from the GCB thread. Your severe condition calls for desperate measures. I know it is painstaking to monitor but this is to help you. I will update this number whenever you post a similar question or repeat a topic. When readers look at this number and realise how extreme you have become, perhaps it will shock you back to reality. Seeing what a pitiable state you are in, it may take a long time but we will eventually hit a number where you will come to your senses and hopefully your condition will improve from there on.

The deep disappointment and trauma suffered from the non-gratification in below post has really made you gone over the deep end..

Quote Originally Posted by ringo33
    I was hoping for some sammyboy type of information. so disappointed.
    Last edited by proper-t; 19-04-13 at 21:14.

It is not so much about cost avoidance vs shared cost but the fact that condo maintenance fees are mandatory by law.

As a point of reference, for example, Residences @ emerald hill, the monthly maintenance charges ranges from $1,152 to $2,160 per month which translate to $13,824 to $25,920 per year. For an apartment at Hamilton Scotts, the estimated maintenance fee starts from $1,500 per month. This translates to $18,000 p.a. or $4,500 per quarter.

This $18K per year is a mandatory expenditure and buyers should note that it is an offence not to pay the maintenance fees. The legal remedies which your MC can take to recover the fees are outlined below as described in an extract of a condo resident's handbook. This can range from slapping late interest charges, garnishing your rental proceeds to even selling off your unit via a court application.
    lets do a simple one that is 400 per month with similar sinking fund.