Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NeWest @ West Coast Sales Hotline 61001778

Better buy something using your spare cash before they become banana money!

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Yea man! The crash of money sitting in bank accounts!
    I must admit I also got some money in bank accounts.

But Korea also starting to print and print and Japan print mega tons of paper money. I am getting sick worried about my cash being crashed in the bank accounts! And if u take out to buy property now, the government also will crash some of it (not little hor?!)

Like that how ?

Poor cash waiting to be crashed!

DKSG

launched liao why no one update sales at all?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Newest is a good development and concept but the quantum is too high.

Answer is cos the sales aren't great

I went to the showflat today after work. Observations:
    1. very quiet - only 2 other prospective clients
    2. lawn outside the showflat has wild grass growing all over - just doesn't feel classy
    3. they said they previously put up the "sold" stickers on the commercial units, but removed them. Leads me to believe that sales have not been great. Asked them how well sold, and they were evasive - I think the kiosk units (around 250 sq ft, just under $8000 psf) have been almost all sold except 2, but the other ones are under 50% sold (around $7,000 psf). The supermarket unit is also unsold.
    4. for residential, most of the units in the tall block are sold. All 1-bedders sold except for 2 units, almost all 2-bedders sold. 1 bedders are around $1600psf for the 450 sq ft units. Maintenance for the 1-bedder is $300.
    5. they have 3 rows of 4-bedder triplex units. Distance between opposite blocks is apparently only 7m!! You better hope your neighbour is nubile and not an old auntie. They disingeniously made the centra block "ghosted" so it looks like the space between blocks is bigger. I think the triplex units have not sold well.
    All in all, not my cup of tea. Does not feel classy. They advertise the development as being "almost freehold"

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    Answer is cos the sales aren't great

I went to the showflat today after work. Observations:
    1. very quiet - only 2 other prospective clients
    2. lawn outside the showflat has wild grass growing all over - just doesn't feel classy
    3. they said they previously put up the "sold" stickers on the commercial units, but removed them. Leads me to believe that sales have not been great. Asked them how well sold, and they were evasive - I think the kiosk units (around 250 sq ft, just under $8000 psf) have been almost all sold except 2, but the other ones are under 50% sold (around $7,000 psf). The supermarket unit is also unsold.
    4. for residential, most of the units in the tall block are sold. All 1-bedders sold except for 2 units, almost all 2-bedders sold. 1 bedders are around $1600psf for the 450 sq ft units. Maintenance for the 1-bedder is $300.
    5. they have 3 rows of 4-bedder triplex units. Distance between opposite blocks is apparently only 7m!! You better hope your neighbour is nubile and not an old auntie. They disingeniously made the centra block "ghosted" so it looks like the space between blocks is bigger. I think the triplex units have not sold well.
    All in all, not my cup of tea. Does not feel classy. They advertise the development as being "almost freehold"

this one developers sure win lah. retail cannot sell, just keep it for rental income.

Did they tell you who is going to manage the car park?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Re car park, I didn't ask. Or was that a rhetorical question?

They were using BS numbers for the commercial rental. Basically ($30psf x 280 sq ft x 12 months) divided by $2m = 5%, which isn't even very great, even with the inflated numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    this one developers sure win lah. retail cannot sell, just keep it for rental income.

Did they tell you who is going to manage the car park?

Hi...I think it is unfair to bash Newest development.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...I think it is unfair to bash Newest development.
    ????????? .

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    ????????? .
    I had the same thought when i read that kuku bird's message. Well he is full of crap.

Re car park, I didn't ask. Or was that a rhetorical question?

They were using BS numbers for the commercial rental. Basically ($30psf x 280 sq ft x 12 months) divided by $2m = 5%, which isn't even very great, even with the inflated numbers.
    because this is mixed commercial with parking, it will be interested to know who will manage and collect the parking fee.

As for the town houses, I think their layout is

(AYE) LK KL KL (West Coast)
    L = Living K = Kitchen,

so there will be no Living facing Living situation. But still very close.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

As a matter of fact, the units/developments facing AYE are under price pressure. Compare Botannia with Infiniti/Carabelle.

I am still wondering if HT can hold its current price.

Thanks for the enlightenment!

So, in most such developments, does the parking fee (either directly or a cut of it) end up with the MCST, or does the developer take it?

because this is mixed commercial with parking, it will be interested to know who will manage and collect the parking fee.

As for the town houses, I think their layout is

(AYE) LK KL KL (West Coast)
    L = Living K = Kitchen,

so there will be no Living facing Living situation. But still very close.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    As a matter of fact, the units/developments facing AYE are under price pressure. Compare Botannia with Infiniti/Carabelle.

I am still wondering if HT can hold its current price.
    Not an issue. Prices will continue to increase.

Wait for the more traffic jam and new ERP gantries to come.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page...e-5faa0df75e97

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Not an issue. Prices will continue to increase.

The timing of the ERP doesnt make much sense to me. How can they divert traffic from AYE to west coast highway before they complete the widening of West Coast highway (near Pandan) and the pandan circus flyover.

I think with the traffic jam, there should be less road noise since driving speed would be turtle pace. Noise polution would decrease. Ok, i agree property prices will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    I think with the traffic jam, there should be less road noise since driving speed would be turtle pace. Noise polution would decrease. Ok, i agree property prices will increase.
    No choice, with 6.9 mil, definitely there will be more cars, more roads and more buildings. It is either you face the road or you face your neighbours. Even sea facing is not a guarantee, going by the land reclamation plans.

Due to the worsening commuting issues that are to come, more people will shift closer to their workplace, parents and schools. I'm projecting that D5 condos will enjoy good demand for housing with the rise of JLD and increase in number of companies in Tuas area. After all, not many plots of land in the west are available for future condos

No choice, with 6.9 mil, definitely there will be more cars, more roads and more buildings. It is either you face the road or you face your neighbours. Even sea facing is not a guarantee, going by the land reclamation plans.

Due to the worsening commuting issues that are to come, more people will shift closer to their workplace, parents and schools. I'm projecting that D5 condos will enjoy good demand for housing with the rise of JLD and increase in number of companies in Tuas area. After all, not many plots of land in the west are available for future condos
    as I have said before, D5 is the closest 999 property to JLD. For any Singaporeans wanting to buy a place near JLD, they will sure have to consider D5 first.

Actually in 10 years time when PSA shift to Tuas, traffic should gets better because there will be minimal trailer moving around for transhipment.

That's what I thought too. But I realised they have no practical solutions; someone just proposes a theoretical solution which looks good on paper, and in any event they make some money.

FYI, there have been "traffic observers" (that's what their fluoro vests say) on the various overhead bridges in the eastbound direction in the mornings on the stretch of AYE from Infiniti till NUS High the past few days. Guess it's a related exercise.

The timing of the ERP doesnt make much sense to me. How can they divert traffic from AYE to west coast highway before they complete the widening of West Coast highway (near Pandan) and the pandan circus flyover.

That's what I thought too. But I realised they have no practical solutions; someone just proposes a theoretical solution which looks good on paper, and in any event they make some money.

FYI, there have been "traffic observers" (that's what their fluoro vests say) on the various overhead bridges in the eastbound direction in the mornings on the stretch of AYE from Infiniti till NUS High the past few days. Guess it's a related exercise.
    I believe their plan is to divert traffic from AYE to West Coast highway which at the moment is under utilize because there are no exit route from Haw Par till Keppel.

You are right. They are also going to start that diversion through Faber to Commonwealth Ave West. But I wonder how useful both re-routes will be.

I stay in Jurong West and work at Harbourfront; I have tried using West Coast Highway a number of times, but traffic flow is very slow, with quite a few traffic lights. For me, it will probably be slower via West Coast Highway than braving the AYE.

It used to be (around 1.5 years ago) that I would have somewhat smooth traffic as long as I am around Infiniti by 0715... now, the stretch from Inifiniti to NUS High is slow even at 0650...

On a related topic, I have never found out how traffic can possibly come to a full stop on the fastest lane in the expressway. How is the first monkey in the line who actually fully stops? Is it to allow another car to get into his / her lane?

I believe their plan is to divert traffic from AYE to West Coast highway which at the moment is under utilize because there are no exit route from Haw Par till Keppel.

Usu e trucks will b in 3rd lane, e vans will b in 2nd lane, n e cars can only take first lane. In between e lanes u have bikes.

When e cars in first lane want to exit, they will b partially blocked by e slow 2nd lane vans, n fast bikes in between e lanes, so they have to slow down tremendously. How to move fast eh?

The solution is trucks n vans cannot travel in expressways during peak hours.

Usu e trucks will b in 3rd lane, e vans will b in 2nd lane, n e cars can only take first lane. In between e lanes u have bikes.

When e cars in first lane want to exit, they will b partially blocked by e slow 2nd lane vans, n fast bikes in between e lanes, so they have to slow down tremendously. How to move fast eh?

this will cripple Singapore's position as a logistic hub

this will cripple Singapore's position as a logistic hub
    This is y I wonder y e govt wants to shift e container terminals to Tuas. It is going to b v costly exercise n prob a mistake. The jam will slow down e movement of goods n create cost pressure for companies. It will worsen e jam. I hope I'm wrong.

Actually, on the AYE in the morning, from around NUS to Portsdown, sometimes the slowest lane is the fastest one, cos the (i) monkeys in the fastest lane will come to a crawl near the non-working speed camera near NUH, and (ii) trucks are mostly on the 2nd-fastest lane

This is y I wonder y e govt wants to shift e container terminals to Tuas. It is going to b v costly exercise n prob a mistake. The jam will slow down e movement of goods n create cost pressure for companies. It will worsen e jam. I hope I'm wrong.
    actually its the opposite. Being one of the world top transhipment hub, by consolidating all our ports into one location, we will be more efficient and productive because we will spend less time and resources to move containers around.

At the moment if a ship call at Keppel, to catch a ship in West Coast port, they will have to unload, reload on the trailer, pull it out of port, drive to west coast port, unload and then reload onto another vessel

With a fully integrate port, you will just unload from one ship and and then reload, all within the port.

What abt e mfg plants in e east n other parts of e island? Pp also need to buy goods leh. We also need food n consumer products.

Actually, on the AYE in the morning, from around NUS to Portsdown, sometimes the slowest lane is the fastest one, cos the (i) monkeys in the fastest lane will come to a crawl near the non-working speed camera near NUH, and (ii) trucks are mostly on the 2nd-fastest lane
    ERP will make staying in e D5 more attractive bcoz JLD is pretty self contained. Ok, this is my wish

What abt e mfg plants in e east n other parts of e island? Pp also need to buy goods leh. We also need food n consumer products.
    those located in the east tend to use more air freight transportation then those in the West, hence you can see that there are many logistic companies located in the east to facilitate the income and out going cargo.

Things like electronic, automotive spare parts, etc

Anyway, in Singapore our export cargo is very negligible as compared to the number of cargo we move around for transhipment.

That's correct. Idea is to group all the ports in 1 place so that trans-shipment between terminals is much faster. That is the main selling point of Hutchison buying the competitor terminal in HK recently, for example. If things are timed well, you can even transfer from 1 ship to another ship without stacking them in the container yard.

And also correct on Singapore primarily being a trans-shipment hub, i.e. domestic export and imports are small as % of total. A lot of the haulage we see is actually trans-shipment between Keppel, PP and Tuas, hence the elevated highway on the Keppel to PP stretch, with an exit at Keppel right into the container terminals.

That said, quite a lot of heavy vehicles are not container trucks - in the mornings, you see a lot of buses, petroleum product tankers, Natsteel flatbed trailers, Pan-United cement trucks, ship-chandler lorries, etc. You can't possibly get rid of those.

actually its the opposite. Being one of the world top transhipment hub, by consolidating all our ports into one location, we will be more efficient and productive because we will spend less time and resources to move containers around.

At the moment if a ship call at Keppel, to catch a ship in West Coast port, they will have to unload, reload on the trailer, pull it out of port, drive to west coast port, unload and then reload onto another vessel

With a fully integrate port, you will just unload from one ship and and then reload, all within the port.

Hope you are right on this. I shall study impact of the future shift of the terminals in greater detail.