Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corals @ Keppel Bay

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    Went to showflat at 5pm today.

Some observations:
    • Not crowded, but quite a number of people there. Quite a few look like serious buyers
    • 90+ units sold as of this afternoon. All units are available for sale
    • Blocks "slope" from 10 floors next to the main road to 6 floors next to the sea, so that more units can get a sea view
    • Best 2-bedder stack, i.e. #35, all sold save for the ground floor unit. Around 25xx psf.
    • Personally, I think the next best 2-bedder stack is #39. Only floors 5 to 10 left. Around 23xx psf.
    • Fittings are the good stuff. Comes even with the polyform dining table, etc.
    • Shocker was the monthly maintenance - 2 bedder is around $600 a month!!
    • No plans to launch plots 4 or 5 in the foreseeable future. Plot 4 is smaller than plot 3
    All in all, very nice development, but probably best for own stay by buying 1 of the bigger units if one is flush with cash
    $600+ mthly maintenance for a 2 bedder is not shocking under the luxury category. Or do u mean is too low??

Simply love the advertisement - if only my life were just lounging around and having parties with friends everyday instead of slogging,

I must admit it is high to me, esp. for a place which is nice but does not have much by way of facilities. Guess I'm not at the luxury level yet

Quote Originally Posted by august
    $600+ mthly maintenance for a 2 bedder is not shocking under the luxury category. Or do u mean is too low??

I must admit it is high to me, esp. for a place which is nice but does not have much by way of facilities. Guess I'm not at the luxury level yet
    Is there private lift for all the units? If yes, probably part of it is to park under sinking fund for future maintenance.

Went to showflat at 5pm today.

Some observations:
    • Not crowded, but quite a number of people there. Quite a few look like serious buyers
    • 90+ units sold as of this afternoon. All units are available for sale
    • Blocks "slope" from 10 floors next to the main road to 6 floors next to the sea, so that more units can get a sea view
    • Best 2-bedder stack, i.e. #35, all sold save for the ground floor unit. Around 25xx psf.
    • Personally, I think the next best 2-bedder stack is #39. Only floors 5 to 10 left. Around 23xx psf.
    • Fittings are the good stuff. Comes even with the polyform dining table, etc.
    • Shocker was the monthly maintenance - 2 bedder is around $600 a month!!
    • No plans to launch plots 4 or 5 in the foreseeable future. Plot 4 is smaller than plot 3
    All in all, very nice development, but probably best for own stay by buying 1 of the bigger units if one is flush with cash

Hi starrynight,

Please share your views on stack #35 and #39. Hope to learn from you

What about the adjacent piece of land.... if developed wouldn't it potentially block #35 and #39 views?

And yes, $600 per month is very high indeed.

Looks from the sample floorplans like only the 4-bedders have private lifts

Disclaimer: the website above is not mine not related to me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Is there private lift for all the units? If yes, probably part of it is to park under sinking fund for future maintenance.

I'm no expert lah But my thoughts:
    1. as with most high-end devts, the 2-bedders generally have "pariah" locations within the devt. So if you look at the site plan, most of the 1- and 2-bedders are near main road / adjacent to the side road leading to Keppel Bay Marina / face towards the centre of the condo rather than outwards to the sea / King's Dock.
    2. From what I can see, #35 bedrooms face the Dock, and partially to the sea - high floor units can see USS cos the blocks become progressively lower as it approach the sea. Likewise for #39, though not as good.
    3. Adjacent plot, i.e. plot 4, could possibly block part of the views, but today there are trees which are around 4(?) storeys in any case. 2008 Master Plan does not have a plot ratio number for the sites, so I don't know what that means in terms of actual plans.
    4. Maintenance: IIRC, 1-bedder is around $550, and 3-bedder is around $650

Quote Originally Posted by Learner
    Hi starrynight,

Please share your views on stack #35 and #39. Hope to learn from you

What about the adjacent piece of land.... if developed wouldn't it potentially block #35 and #39 views?

And yes, $600 per month is very high indeed.

Most of the larger units are bought by locals. R

Looks from the sample floorplans like only the 4-bedders have private lifts

Disclaimer: the website above is not mine not related to me in any way.
    Thanks for your reply. If this is the case, is high in my opinion too.

I'm no expert lah But my thoughts:
    1. as with most high-end devts, the 2-bedders generally have "pariah" locations within the devt. So if you look at the site plan, most of the 1- and 2-bedders are near main road / adjacent to the side road leading to Keppel Bay Marina / face towards the centre of the condo rather than outwards to the sea / King's Dock.
    2. From what I can see, #35 bedrooms face the Dock, and partially to the sea - high floor units can see USS cos the blocks become progressively lower as it approach the sea. Likewise for #39, though not as good.
    3. Adjacent plot, i.e. plot 4, could possibly block part of the views, but today there are trees which are around 4(?) storeys in any case. 2008 Master Plan does not have a plot ratio number for the sites, so I don't know what that means in terms of actual plans.
    4. Maintenance: IIRC, 1-bedder is around $550, and 3-bedder is around $650

Thanks for sharing. you are right #35 does have the best view. #39 is a bit close to #34. In fact I find some of the stacks quite close to each other and no privacy.

$550 per month for 1-bedder is definitely too high - smaller units sponsoring the bigger units?

Anyway i ran out of ammo so can't proceed anyway

Heard the place selling well. Any bros or sis here bought?

Any sales updates from the agents ?

The last I know is that #35 left only 1 unit on 6th floor.

By now, I wont believe it is still there.

The whole stack should be SOLD OUT! by now.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Any sales updates from the agents ?

The last I know is that #35 left only 1 unit on 6th floor.

By now, I wont believe it is still there.

The whole stack should be SOLD OUT! by now.

DKSG
    As on yesterday afternoon, 22/5/13, an agent informed me that the sale figure is approximately as follows:

1 bedroom : 23
    2 bedrooms: 28
    3 bedrooms: 46
    4 bedrooms: 6

Total : 103

Of course, the number could be different by now and am not sure how accurate was the figure.

It was shown that 01-35 and 10-35 was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    As on yesterday afternoon, 22/5/13, an agent informed me that the sale figure is approximately as follows:

1 bedroom : 23
    2 bedrooms: 28
    3 bedrooms: 46
    4 bedrooms: 6

Total : 103

Of course, the number could be different by now and am not sure how accurate was the figure.

It was shown that 01-35 and 10-35 was available.
    If I hv not bought my current place, I would certainly go for 10-35!

DKSG

has the sales crossed the 50% yet?

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B2E247C695D2AF5A48257B790029AD50/$file/Sale.of.Properties.to.Directors.Corals.at.Keppel.Bay.28May2013.pdf?openelement

chey, 01-08 and 02-08, 2* $10m units were sold to director's relatives lah.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B2E247C695D2AF5A48257B790029AD50/$file/Sale.of.Properties.to.Directors.Corals.at.Keppel.Bay.28May2013.pdf?openelement

chey, 01-08 and 02-08, 2* $10m units were sold to director's relatives lah.
    the buyers appear to be the new MDA CEO and sibling. The director herself seems to be the former URA's chief planner and dy CEO.

after the 23% discount, still close to $8m.

Default 2 Corals at Keppel Bay units sold for over $10m each | AsiaOne Business

2 Corals at Keppel Bay units sold for over $10m each | AsiaOne Business

http://business.asiaone.com/news/pro...-over-10m-each

DESPITE flat demand in the luxury market so far this year, at least two condominium units with a price tag of over $10 million each were sold over the past fortnight.

Keppel Land told the Singapore Exchange on Tuesday that family members of Mrs Koh-Lim Wen Gin, a former Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) chief planner, bought the units at its upcoming project Corals at Keppel Bay.

Mrs Koh has been an independent director of Keppel Land since January 2010.

One of the buyers is her daughter, Ms Koh Lin-Net, the chief executive of the Media Development Authority. Ms Koh took office last November and prior to that was deputy secretary of trade at the Ministry of Trade and Industry.

Ms Koh and her husband Lawrence Low bought a 3,477 sq ft four-bedder at Corals for slightly below $10.1 million, which works out to around $2,901 per sq ft for the second-floor unit. The option to purchase is dated May 19.

The other family member is Mr Kevin Koh In-Chuen, who bought a first-floor 3,660 sq ft four-bedder for around $10.3 million. This translates to around $2,816 psf. Mr Koh's option to purchase is dated May 20.

There have been nine transactions of condo units worth $10 million or more so far this year, according to caveats lodged with the URA. Most of the sales were in the prime District 10 at projects such as Sage at Nassim Road.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

2 condo units at Corals sold for over $10m each - Yahoo! Singapore Finance

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/2-c...042002865.html

Corals at Keppel Bay (pictured) saw two condominium units sold for over S$10 million each to family members of Koh Lim Wen Gin, an independent director of Keppel Land and former chief planner at the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), reported The Straits Times. * Her daughter, Koh Lin-Net, Chief Executive of the Media Development Authority (MDA), bought a 3,477 sq ft four-bedroom unit for less than S$10.1 million or around S$2,901 psf. The option to purchase is dated 19 May. * The other buyer is Kevin Koh In-Chuen, who bought a four-bedroom unit measuring 3,660 sq ft for around S$10.3 million. This works out to around S$2,816 psf for the first-floor unit, with the option to purchase dated 20 May. * Based on caveats lodged with the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), nine condo units worth S$10 million or more have been sold this year. Most of the sales took place in prime District 10 at projects like Sage at Nassim Road. * Comparatively, nine condo units worth S$10 million or more were sold from January to May last year, down from almost 20 transactions during the first five months of 2011. * Units at the Corals are reportedly priced between S$1,800 to S$3,000 psf, with sizes ranging from 600 to 3,500 sq ft. * The 366-unit project is offered on a 99-year lease beginning from 2007 and is not subject to rules that require the developer to build the project within five years and sell all the units within two years of getting the temporary occupation permit. * Aside from one- to three-bedders, Corals also offers four-bedroom units and eight penthouses.

Mrs. Koh-Lim Wen Gin was URA’s Chief Planner and Deputy Chief Executive Officer from 2001 to 2008. Mrs. Wen Gin was involved in a variety of high quality landmark developments which have contributed to Singapore’s growth as a global city. She has been an Independent Director of Keppel Land Ltd. since January 20, 2010. For her achievements, she was presented the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 1986, the Public Administration Medal (Gold) in 2002 and the Meritorious Service Medal in 2009. Mrs. Wen Gin has served on several government boards such as the STB Hotel Licencing Board; Land Transport Authority Board; Board of Architects, Singapore; and Preservation of Monuments Board. She has chaired many URA Design Advisory Panels, Committees and Design Competition Juries. She serves as Director of Keppel Land China. She continues to serve on the URA, Land Transport Authority and Public Utilities Board Advisory Panels. Mrs. Wen Gin graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Singapore in 1971.

Ms. Koh Lin-Net has been the Chief Executive Officer of Media Development Authority of Singapore since November 01, 2012. Ms. Lin-Net served as Deputy Secretary of Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts 2007 to 2008,. She served as the Deputy Secretary (Trade) at the Ministry of Trade and Industry from 2008 to 2012, was responsible for Singapore's trade and economic relations, including the negotiation and the implementation of free trade agreements with Singapore's key trading partners. She oversaw the promotion of Singapore's interests at regional and multi-lateral forums such as ASEAN, APEC and the World Trade Organization. She was with the Singapore Tourist Promotion Board (now Singapore Tourism Board) from 1994 to 1997. She held concurrent positions in the EDB and Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) of Singapore, before moving to Biomedical Research Council at the former National Science and Technology Board (now A*STAR) in 2000. From 2001 to 2004, she was concurrently the Director for Intellectual Property Policy Division as well as Strategic Planning Division in the Ministry of Law. In 2004, she was posted to MICA as Director of arts and heritage development. In 2007, she was appointed as the deputy secretary (infocomms, media and the arts) at MICA. While at MICA, she conceptualised the visions, positioning, budget and management structures for two major national projects - the School of the Arts (SOTA) and the National Arts Gallery. She has been Director of Singapore Health Services Pte Ltd. since July 1, 2012. Ms. Lin-Net serves as a Director of The Esplanade Co Ltd and Singapore Land Authority. She was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 2009. She obtained her Masters in Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1999.

Lawrence Leong holds 2 current appointment, has resigned from 0 companies and held appointments at 0 dissolved companies. Lawrence began his first appointment at the age of 44 and his longest current appointment spans 2 years and 0 months at ANGLO INTERNATIONAL METALS LIMITED. The other company is E-Met Solutions Limited.

The combined cash at bank value for all of Lawrence's current businesses is £58,027, with a combined assets value of £129,772 and liabilities of £217,645. Roles associated with Lawrence Leong within the recorded businesses include: Director

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/916062582

MDA Chief to buy $10 MILLION condo

CEO of MDA

According to an SGX filing by Keppel Land on Tuesday (28 May), its associate company Keppel Bay Pte Ltd has granted options to family members of Mrs Koh-Lim Wen Gin, a director of the company, to purchase its own upcoming property known as Corals at Keppel Bay [Link].

Two units were sold to the family members of Mrs Koh-Lim Wen Gin:

Unit #02-08 (3,477 sf – 4 bedroom)
    Purchasers: Lawrence Low Kok Leong and Koh Lin-Net
    Date of Option to purchase: 19 May 2013
    Purchase Price: $10,085,250 ($2,901 psf)
    Discount: 10%+10%+3%

Unit #01-08 (3,660 sf – 4 bedroom)
    Purchasers: Kevin Koh In-Chuen
    Date of Option to purchase: 20 May 2013
    Purchase Price: $10,306,820 ($2,816 psf)
    Discount: 10%+10%+3%

According to BusinessWeek [Link], Mrs Koh-Lim Wen Gin was URA’s Chief Planner and Deputy Chief Executive Officer from 2001 to 2008. She has also been an Independent Director of Keppel Land Ltd since January 20, 2010.

She was presented the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 1986, the Public Administration Medal (Gold) in 2002 and the Meritorious Service Medal in 2009. She has served on several government boards such as the STB Hotel Licencing Board; Land Transport Authority Board; Board of Architects, Singapore; and Preservation of Monuments Board. She has chaired many URA Design Advisory Panels, Committees and Design Competition Juries. She continues to serve on the URA, Land Transport Authority and Public Utilities Board Advisory Panels. She graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Singapore in 1971.

Mrs Koh-Lim’s daughter, Ms Koh Lin-Net, has also been granted options to purchase a unit or units at Corals at Keppel Bay.

Who is Ms Koh Lin-Net?

Ms Koh Lin-Net is none other than the CEO of MDA. She has been MDA Chief since 1 November last year.

According to BusinessWeek [Link], she served as Deputy Secretary of Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts from 2007 to 2008 and as Deputy Secretary (Trade) at the Ministry of Trade and Industry from 2008 to 2012. She was involved in the negotiation and implementation of free trade agreements (FTAs) with other countries.

She was with the Singapore Tourist Promotion Board from 1994 to 1997. She held concurrent positions in the EDB and Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) of Singapore, before moving to Biomedical Research Council at the former National Science and Technology Board (now A*STAR) in 2000. From 2001 to 2004, she was concurrently the Director for Intellectual Property Policy Division as well as Strategic Planning Division in the Ministry of Law. In 2004, she was posted to MICA as Director of Arts and Heritage Development. In 2007, she was appointed as Deputy Secretary (Infocomm, Media and the Arts) at MICA.

She has also been Director of Singapore Health Services Pte Ltd since 1 July 2012. Ms Koh Lin-Net serves as a Director of The Esplanade Co Ltd and Singapore Land Authority. She was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 2009. She obtained her MBA from Harvard Business School in 1999.

According to a mainstream media report [Link], there have only been 9 transactions of condo units worth $10 million or more so far this year. This is according to caveats lodged with the URA. Including the 2 units to be soon bought by family members of Mrs Koh-Lim Wen Gin, the number will come to 11.

In 2009, Keppel Land also announced that one of its associated companies had granted options to then director of Keppel Land, Mr Niam Chiang Meng, to purchase a unit of its property, Marina Bay Suites [Link]:

Unit #32-02 (2,045 sf – 4-bedroom)
    Purchasers : Mr Niam Chiang Meng and Mrs Niam Chiang Meng nee Loh Loy Ming Linda
    Date of Option : 8/12/2009
    Purchase Price : $4,577,000 ($2,238 psf)

Mr Niam is a permanent secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office and currently the Chairman of MDA.

With regard to the MDA CEO’s i.e. Ms Koh Lin-Net’s purchase of a $10 million condo at Keppel Bay, some netizens are questioning the timing of her purchase. On the same day that Keppel Land announced the granting of the option for her to buy her $10 million condo, MDA issued a statement announcing the new regulations to license online websites.

Popular blogger, Void Decker, commented on his blog:

“Speaking of shooting yourself in the foot, the Straits Times reported today that the CEO of MDA just bought a Corals at Keppel Bay condominium unit for $10 million. This is hardly the best time to show off your riches, knowing that the MDA will come under fire after the announcement.”

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/05/31...buy-10m-condo/

Saw the above stack 08 showflat. Somehow for a 3,3xx sqft size unit it doesnt feel that big... and the 10m is nett price, after discount.

how come high end condo ad the guys always either ang mo or chap zheng...

Anyone has updates on sales figures?

Sales Figure is about 38% sold, 140 units.
    1 Bedroom: 30
    2 Bedroom: 37
    3 Bedroom: 27
    3 Bedroom Deluxe: 41
    4 Bedroom Deluxe: 5

Thanks - so it seems that sales have pretty much tapered off...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey.teng
    Sales Figure is about 38% sold, 140 units.
    1 Bedroom: 30
    2 Bedroom: 37
    3 Bedroom: 27
    3 Bedroom Deluxe: 41
    4 Bedroom Deluxe: 5

PM Lee confirmed South Waterfront City in National day rally and the building of new Port at Tuas.

Huge potential upside in District 04.

The psf kings will no longer be in district 09 and 10 in the future. It shall be the realm of district 01, 02 and 04.

Congrats to those who bought corals, it shall be a great long term investment.

Quote Originally Posted by singaporecondo99
    PM Lee confirmed South Waterfront City in National day rally and the building of new Port at Tuas.

Huge potential upside in District 04.

The psf kings will no longer be in district 09 and 10 in the future. It shall be the realm of district 01, 02 and 04.

Congrats to those who bought corals, it shall be a great long term investment.
    This has been announced way before tonight.
    Corals pricing has already taken that into consideration.

That means 20 years of future pricing priced in liao!

DKSG

Indeed - the leases expire *from* 2027, i.e. not all. Plus another 3 or 4 years to build, so all in all, another 18 years from now. Could have 1 or 2 more cycles in the meantime.

And I think the eastern part of the vacated port area will still command higher prices than the western side.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    This has been announced way before tonight.
    Corals pricing has already taken that into consideration.

That means 20 years of future pricing priced in liao!

DKSG