Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 42475257626768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2455

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

I would still pay $600psf for regent hts compared to $1300, $1400 or $1700psf for j gateway as common sense prevails at the end of the day. U would salivate like a dog if I offered u regent hts at $600psf today , but too bad u hv missed the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by vovolversace View Post
    what for one have views but no amenities.and btw J gateway is the tallest building around there.easily taller than RH.can have lots of views even BT hill with the north facing side of J gateway condo so your comment about J gateway views is so irrelevant.so J gateway have both views and amenities.while regent height condo have views only.i know 1700 per sq feet for J gateway is overpriced,but only a few units with that price,so stop taking the same thing over and over again!one can ge taround $1300 per sq foot for high floor in J gateway when launch.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I agree with you. 1.7k psf just doesn't cut out for me either. If it is like East coast, mountbatten or lavendar, I can still accept the price. But Jurong is OCR and so far from many things. No thanks. I will just get a 600 psf big house instead.

And appreciation is going to be hard I feel. How high you want to pay for Jurong? 2k psf? Will you pay 2k psf for Jurong or 2k psf for East Coast?
    i know everybody want to get a house for 600 psf and somemore that is a big house.but did you know that price only you can get during 2009 recession,not now!u can get a hdb around that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    I would still pay $600psf for regent hts compared to $1300, $1400 or $1700psf for j gateway as common sense prevails at the end of the day. U would salivate like a dog if I offered u regent hts at $600psf today , but too bad u hv missed the boat.
    of cos Regent Height is cheaper as Regent Height is a lousy condo with horrible quality and ugly facade at a lousy location of cos it fetch cheaper price than J gateway condo.I rather live in a hdb in Redhill than live in RH with no amenities around.living there makes me feel horrible and miserable.so i will not argue with you for RH cheap price.anyway you also agree with me that Regent Height have cheap price.Cheap price caters to cheap people anyway.
    Last edited by vovolversace; 06-09-13 at 11:48.

what for one have views but no amenities.and btw J gateway is the tallest building around there.easily taller than RH.can have lots of views even BT hill with the north facing side of J gateway condo so your comment about J gateway views is so irrelevant.so J gateway have both views and amenities.while regent height condo have views only.i know 1700 per sq feet for J gateway is overpriced,but only a few units with that price,so stop talking the same thing over and over again!one can get around $1300 per sq foot for high floor in J gateway when launch.
    just to point out, J Gateway is not the tallest building there. Just bcos it has xx most number of storeys do not the make a building the tallest as it ignores the simple fact that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Best is simply look at maximum building height allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    just to point out, J Gateway is not the tallest building there. Just bcos it has xx most number of storeys do not the make a building the tallest as it ignores the simple fact that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Best is simply look at maximum building height allowed.
    yeah,i know that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Which building around there taller than J gateway?ya,I am based on height not number of floors.it taller than office tower of Jem and Westgate.it taller than the office beside Jcube.so?

yeah,i know that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Which building around there taller than J gateway?ya,I am based on height not number of floors.it taller than office tower of Jem and Westgate.it taller than the office beside Jcube.so?
    you can check.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    you can check.
    the Genting hotel,offices around IBC,Westgate office and Jem office definitely shorter than J gateway.u can check this website Emporis. According to Emporis,Jtc summit is 110.31m tall.J gateway around 130m in height.SO?i cannot think of any building around there taller than J Gateway.u tell me the building name that can probably taller than j gateway than i can go and check.

I presume u paid $800k+ for a one bedder just like Ringo33. At the end of the day , it is the home you return to that counts, more than how tall the building is. How do you return to a home to be greeted by your wife cooking along the narrow doorway n walk out to a balcony the same size as your tiny living room? I never understood how ppl can live in such miserable living space in the outskirts of Singapore where land is so abundant so you could perhaps enlighten us

the Genting hotel,offices around IBC,Westgate office and Jem office definitely shorter than J gateway.u can check this website Emporis. According to Emporis,Jtc summit is 110.31m tall.J gateway around 130m in height.SO?i cannot think of any building around there taller than J Gateway.u tell me the building name that can probably taller than j gateway than i can go and check.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Why I buy J Gateway ?

I wanted to get a unit for investment The key determinant to me is location.

J Gateway fits my criteria very well, especially when it is the only condo in the heart of JLD. It has many amenities surrounding the condo. Nobody should worry about food, leisure, entertainment, school and transport. If one is sick, he can easily pay a visit to the nearby hospitals. These are plus factors for rental and capital appreciation.

Making the decision to buy is but the first step. The next step is how much I should be paying for the unit. It is a tough decision. The developer will , for sure, factor in the future development of JLD into the pricing. I did raise my budget.

The last hurdle is the balloting. I have never won a lucky draw in my life. So, the feeling was like - "so what if I have the money but I don't have the luck ". All I can say is that my leave was not wasted for that day.

Good luck to all J Gateway owners!
    Wunderkind

Wish you All the Best on your Investment in J Gateway

I presume u paid $800k+ for a one bedder just like Ringo33. At the end of the day , it is the home you return to that counts, more than how tall the building is. How do you return to a home to be greeted by your wife cooking along the narrow doorway n walk out to a balcony the same size as your tiny living room? I never understood how ppl can live in such miserable living space in the outskirts of Singapore where land is so abundant so you could perhaps enlighten us
    u are out of topic again,i and august discussing about height of building,and you discussing about this,some more you just now talk about views so now we talk about height.and that what you think and predict,not real.wtf rite?i think you have a mental illness that keep thinking something not real,and you think that is real.

So building height to you is more important than the layout of the unit you buy icic. ... another new perspective in pty investment lol....

u are out of topic again,i and august discussing about height of building,and you discussing about this,some more you just now talk about views so now we talk about height.and that what you predict,not real.wtf rite?i think you have a mental illness that keep thinking something not real,and you think that is real.

So building height to you is more important than the layout of the unit you buy icic. ... another new perspective in pty investment lol....
    firstly you are talking about views so i talking about building height,so is that mean that u think that views are more important than amenities?i never said building height to me is more important than the layout of the unit.Don't accuse me.you keep changing topic,you are damn irritating.
    who said ''Btw my tenant told me he enjoys the view of bt timah hill n mbs from the living room French window of the unit, u hv any such views at j gateway?'' is it a cockroach or a dog or a ghost said that? i know you will change topic again. haiz,you die liao also will not want to change your character.haiz,hard to deal with you this kind miserable people.
    Last edited by vovolversace; 06-09-13 at 12:56.

All residential estates in Singapore have amenities be it hdb amenities, shopping malls, bus stops or mrt stations within a 1km radius. To hv both views n good layout is important when choosing a home, i wouldn't call a unit with the sort of one bedroom layout at j gateway a home simply because no normal household cooks at the doorway. To top it up, almost all one bedroom units are facing the track at j gateway, in what way then is paying a high psf a good investment. In pty buying, amenities is just one aspect to consider.
    firstly you are talking about views so i talking about building height,so is that mean that u think that views are more important than amenities?i never said building height to me is more important than the layout of the unit.Don't accuse me.you keep changing topic,you are damn irritating.
    who said ''Btw my tenant told me he enjoys the view of bt timah hill n mbs from the living room French window of the unit, u hv any such views at j gateway?'' is it a cockroach say that?

which of the 3 would have biggest capital appreciation, and highest rental psf? looks to me all 3 projects were very hot when they launch.

watertown
    bedok residences
    jurong gateway

Bedok is the best follow by watertown.

J gateway? I am not sure if there is any appreciation. Will be limited if there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    which of the 3 would have biggest capital appreciation, and highest rental psf? looks to me all 3 projects were very hot when they launch.

watertown
    bedok residences
    jurong gateway

just wondering why vovolversace and wunderkind didnt buy watertown, bedok residences. seems to have all the ammenities of j-gateway. that is the reason given by them. why buy now instead of earlier?

The one with the lowest psf trumps the rest. I think watertown would fair poorer than the other two in terms of location but j gateway will fair poorer than the other two in terms of cap gain. Of course I could be wrong.

watertown
    bedok residences
    jurong gateway

Fair enough. But my key point is I will never pay 1700 psf for a suburban unit, period. Own stay also no way. There is no appreciation left I feel.

i know everybody want to get a house for 600 psf and somemore that is a big house.but did you know that price only you can get during 2009 recession,not now!u can get a hdb around that price.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Fair enough. But my key point is I will never pay 1700 psf for a suburban unit, period. Own stay also no way. There is no appreciation left I feel.
    1700 per sq feet is overprice,but only a few units in J gateway.any units below 1500 per sq feet is reasonable in J gateway as compared to Punggol and Bedok pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Wunderkind

Wish you All the Best on your Investment in J Gateway

Thanks. And you too.

Bedok and watertown about the same in psf back then and Bedok is a better location than watertown so on hindsight bedok is a better choice among the 3.
    With Yishun mixed site bid at historic high, maybe Bedok and watertown will appreciate more.

actually i am interested in vovolversace and wunderkind thought process.
    why j-gateway instead of bedok residences, watertown?

since these 2 duplicates j-gateway in amneties, the reasons which they give for getting j-gateway.

at the time of bedok residences being launched, or the later launched watertown, was there any indication of j-gateway going to be marketed in 2013?

if they are investors:
    so if they didnt buy bedok residence, didnt buy watertown, and j-gateway didnt launched, they would not have gotten any condo this year?

if they are upgraders:
    if j-gateway didnt launched, they also would not have gotten any condo this year? (i am making assumption upgrader upgrade to a condo near to their hdb).

why buy now instead of 2011 (bedok residences), 2012 (watertown)?

actually i am interested in vovolversace and wunderkind thought process.
    why j-gateway instead of bedok residences, watertown?

since these 2 duplicates j-gateway in amneties, the reasons which they give for getting j-gateway.

at the time of bedok residences being launched, or the later launched watertown, was there any indication of j-gateway going to be marketed in 2013?

if they are investors:
    so if they didnt buy bedok residence, didnt buy watertown, and j-gateway didnt launched, they would not have gotten any condo this year?

if they are upgraders:
    if j-gateway didnt launched, they also would not have gotten any condo this year? (i am making assumption upgrader upgrade to a condo near to their hdb).

why buy now instead of 2011 (bedok residences), 2012 (watertown)?
    u know why,bedok just a old hdb estate while punggol is a future estate with flop plans.but JLD will truly become successful from the developments one can see now.

Both BR and WT are good investment property choices from the amenities point of view. However, J Gateway has something more. It is located in the heart of the CDB of the West.

There is no right or wrong decision in all three considerations. For me, I am a long term investor. JLD has the potential for sustained rental yield given its excellent location.

u know why,bedok just a old hdb estate while punggol is a future estate with flop plans.but JLD will truly become successful from the developments one can see now.
    interesting choice of words.
    bedok is the past. so didnt buy.
    punggol is the lousy future. so didnt buy.
    jld is the better future. so buy.

1) i am curious because in nov 2011, bedok residence was launched. jan 2012 watertown was launched. tender for j-gateway was only in apr 2012. at that point time nov 2011-jan 2012, choices for condo with mall, mrt, etc are these 2 hot projects. it was like now or never kind of situation. and yet you didnt buy these 2.

so am i right to say if there is no j-gateway, you would not buy any condo in 2013?

2) is the jld in 2013 much different than the jld in 2012? the URA plans for jld has been announced wayback earlier. In addition, can already see commercial buildings being constructed in 2012, so no need to see now.

3) given that you only see the developments in 2013, if no j-gateway launched in 2013, and since you see so much potential in jld, would you have bought the nearest condo to jld like ivory heights?

Both BR and WT are good investment property choices from the amenities point of view. However, J Gateway has something more. It is located in the heart of the CDB of the West.

There is no right or wrong decision in all three considerations. For me, I am a long term investor. JLD has the potential for sustained rental yield given its excellent location.
    the thing is the timing. if BR, WT, JG are launched at the same time, investors can then compare the 3 developments.
    however, BR launched nov 2011, WT launched jan 2012. JG has not even entered into the picture. The JG land was put up in for tender in apr 2012.
    so in jan 2012, investor has only these 2 choices.

my question to you are about the same as to vovolversace.

1) so am i right to say if there is no j-gateway, you would not buy any condo in 2013?
    why is BR, WT not attractive enough for you until you rather not buy a condo there?

2) given the potential for sustained rental yield, if no j-gateway launched in 2013, and since you see so much potential in jld, would you have bought the nearest condo to jld like ivory heights?

What is ur projected rental n selling px on TOP for a one bedroom unit at j gateway?

What is ur projected rental n selling px on TOP for a one bedroom unit at j gateway?
    3% to 4 % range is very achievable for J G. The market has turned favourably to MM rental due to the curbs on PR for resale HDB. I am inclined to think that a place like JLD can fetch on the higher end of the 3% to 4% range or even more depending on the level and facing.

As for the projected px, well, I am not able to value that as there are a number of macro and micro-factors impacting the projection.

The latest record land bid for the Yishun Central mixed development site can perhaps give you a hint on the potential price movement for those locations near regional MRT. In time to come, the question will be will anyone buy the Yishun Condo at $1600 psf and expect significant px appreciation at TOP ?

PS : I am not planning to sell JG. It is one of my long term investment.

U should go question those who bought Hillion, or some of those Hillview developments which are in the range of 1500psf in excess...do they expect a good yield? Or do they expect higher return in their investment?

Don't keep pouring cold water here which are not constructve at all. Even though I'm not vested here but see already also very TL!

I think u guys will earn big time if the economy is good during 2017-2020...there are just too limited projects in the vicinity...good foresight! And courage too..., my opinion.

3% to 4 % range is very achievable for J G. The market has turned favourably to MM rental due to the curbs on PR for resale HDB. I am inclined to think that a place like JLD can fetch on the higher end of the 3% to 4% range or even more depending on the level and facing.

As for the projected px, well, I am not able to value that as there are a number of macro and micro-factors impacting the projection.

The latest record land bid for the Yishun Central mixed development site can perhaps give you a hint on the potential price movement for those locations near regional MRT. In time to come, the question will be will anyone buy the Yishun Condo at $1600 psf and expect significant px appreciation at TOP ?

PS : I am not planning to sell JG. It is one of my long term investment.