Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 323742475257585960616263646566677277 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2455

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    What psf is caspian and lakefront resi doing nowadays?
    Lakefront 1 bedder recently sold at $1434 psf early this year.

There has been no transaction of 1 bedder Caspian since May 2012, last transacted price was $1354psf.

So I am just wondering what Regulators was saying when he say that J Gateway is about $500 to 700psf higher than surrounding project.

I hope Regulators could show us what exactly is he comparing to.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    So far the things which the government has pump into JLD are mostly infrastructure such as widening and new roads leading in and out of JLD and the the general hospital. The rest of the developments are all from private sectors, such as Capitaland, Land Lease Sim Lian, MCL Land and RWS, and the other attraction such Lakeside, garden, science centers are already day since 30 to 40 years ago.

Location wise, JLD is also idea for commercial hub because its surrounded by 2 universities, 1 polytechnic and over 3000 MNCs operating in the western industrial estate. In terms of population catchment, it has got 1m residents living around JLD, and majority are middle age group in the 20s to 40s.

I think its more appropriate description of JLD as an unpolished diamond instead of a pig with lipstick.
    why do you want to work in JLD? no FREE mrt ride.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Put enough lipstick on a pig, dress it in gold and diamonds, and it becomes a holy idol. JLD will be successful simply from the sheer amount of infrastructural monies pumped into it.
    This applies to almost everywhere in SG as in history, SG was once only a dirty fishing village.

If you think you are still a human, not something holy, I hope you can remember what SG river was once like in history. Of course, I understand that you would rather forget it because it will bring you down to the same level as people in Jurong West.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    why do you want to work in JLD? no FREE mrt ride.
    while you are still talking about MRT etc, LTA is setting up Singapore first bicycle sharing scheme at Jurong Lake by 2015. So people can commute to work without having to take any form of public transport.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I thought J gateway studio is transacting at $1,750 to 2k psf?

Lakefront 1 bedder recently sold at $1434 psf early this year.

There has been no transaction of 1 bedder Caspian since May 2012, last transacted price was $1354psf.

So I am just wondering what Regulators was saying when he say that J Gateway is about $500 to 700psf higher than surrounding project.

I hope Regulators could show us what exactly is he comparing to.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I thought J gateway studio is transacting at $1,750 to 2k psf?

You thought

while you are still talking about MRT etc, LTA is setting up Singapore first bicycle sharing scheme at Jurong Lake by 2015. So people can commute to work without having to take any form of public transport.
    why do buyers complain about no parking lots?

Thanks for the tip! I shall sell both my cars and set up a bicycle shop in JLD
    Ride or Die

Bicycle why must share?
    Is it the very expensive type of bicycle?

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    Bicycle why must share?
    Its a ride and drop scheme similar to those in new york

Its a ride and drop scheme similar to those in new york
    What a smart move! Can help to reduce the traffic congestion and at the same time bring down the carbon footprint by cycling instead of driving. Really hope more developing areas in SG could adopt this initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    Bicycle why must share?
    the parking lots for bicycle in JLD will be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Put enough lipstick on a pig, dress it in gold and diamonds, and it becomes a holy idol. JLD will be successful simply from the sheer amount of infrastructural monies pumped into it. it's located in a highly polluted area, with the dirtiest water/lake tributary, in a historically low value area, etc etc - but it will be successful because it will support a great number of lower-to-middle class PMETs and young professionals who will not mind a contrived 'city-style' living. Couple this with low effective quantum due to reduced sizes - and the developers have a winner. The rich wouldn't be caught dead in the area due to its attributes, but it wouldn't matter. It will be successful simply due to the amount of monies going into it - supported by govt ministries etc - creating an artificial vibrance to the area. Contrived, but it will still be vibrant. That said, and having lived in a non-gated 'open' condo for years, what ever ambience the condo will have in its initial year or two, will ultimately get sullied by the public who don't call your grounds home. But because for every cut of pork even the feet make good food if the stew is thick enough, it will still be successful as a rental haven.
    Isn't it a good thing from macro perspective that JLD is slated to be developed into a satellite city? It will to a large extent help to divert the traffic towards the city area during peak hours and give people more choice as to where they want to live/work/study. For each and every country, part of the GDP will go to infrastructure to stimulate the economy by providing more places for people to shop/work at/study in, and in turn creating more jobs.

Isn't it always the case that developers are the bigger winner when it comes to condo? But as their consumers, we get to choose where we like to live and we can simply not buy it if we think any development is not good for value from our own perspective.

JLD success will depend on economic growth, with China slowing down, Europe everyday to collapse, US QE tapering, high COE prices, so many loan restrictions ... I wonder where the growth going to come from

Do u seriously believe GDP growth of 1-2% can turn JLD into the 2nd CBD in 10y time ... and ppl are already paying 1800psf for 1br which factors in its success?

I agree with bro gfoo ... success it will be, just when? JE MRT is so crowded ... jobs in JLD might just be the answer

Overall verdict: still better than Punggol lol
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    JLD success will depend on economic growth, with China slowing down, Europe everyday to collapse, US QE tapering, high COE prices, so many loan restrictions ... I wonder where the growth going to come from

Do u seriously believe GDP growth of 1-2% can turn JLD into the 2nd CBD in 10y time ... and ppl are already paying 1800psf for 1br which factors in its success?

I agree with bro gfoo ... success it will be, just when? JE MRT is so crowded ... jobs in JLD might just be the answer

Overall verdict: still better than Punggol lol
    Main drivers for JLD will be

1) Company looking to cut cost on rental. ie. move from CBD to JLD
    2) Vast populations and talent around jurong area, including NTU, Polytechnics and NUS
    3) To have the office closer to their operations in Western industrial estate.
    4) Recession proof public healthcare industry
    5) Tourist attractions

If companies cut cost on rental, they will pay $3k to rent a 474sqft dog box for their employees? You very smart hor

Main drivers for JLD will be

1) Company looking to cut cost on rental. ie. move from CBD to JLD
    2) Vast populations and talent around jurong area, including NTU, Polytechnics and NUS
    3) To have the office closer to their operations in Western industrial estate.
    4) Recession proof public healthcare industry
    5) Tourist attractions

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    If companies cut cost on rental, they will pay $3k to rent a 474sqft dog box for their employees? You very smart hor

I am sorry I didnt know there are kids reading my post. Next time I will make myself clearer when I talk about commercial office rental.

Good job Regulators, you have finally learn to up size the unit size from 400sqft to 474sqft. Fast learner. Good boy!!

HK people will seriously get offended when you say a 474 sqft 1 bedder is dog box. And apparently smaller size is a trend being observed in Singapore, ultimately thanks to investors like you and most others in this forum. Developer just 投其所好。

Project your future selling price leh, everybody waiting with bated breath for your projection :

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...421#post412421

I am sorry I didnt know there are kids reading my post. Next time I will make myself clearer when I talk about commercial office rental.

Good job Regulators, you have finally learn to up size the unit size from 400sqft to 474sqft. Fast learner. Good boy!!

people go out of central to buy bigger homes, not shrink in size

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung
    HK people will seriously get offended when you say a 474 sqft 1 bedder is dog box. And apparently smaller size is a trend being observed in Singapore, ultimately thanks to investors like you and most others in this forum. Developer just 投其所好。

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    JLD success will depend on economic growth
    yes, we cannot assume, just because SG gov plans to have this and that in Jurong, it will be a success.

SG itself, can it survive when the world sinks into turbulent waters ? Can we even assume MNC will not leave SG for good ?

in the 60's when GKS started Jurong, it was a perfect place to get MNC to setup factories in SG. Historical moment seized. It helped transforming Singapore. The Jurong story then was very different.

Today, it is totally a domestic initiative that tries to build an "off-site" new town. You can have every effort in this, but the success is not a guarantee. Especially not in this global backdrop of events.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    yes, we cannot assume, just because SG gov plans to have this and that in Jurong, it will be a success.

SG itself, can it survive when the world sinks into turbulent waters ? Can we even assume MNC will not leave SG for good ?

in the 60's when GKS started Jurong, it was a perfect place to get MNC to setup factories in SG. Historical moment seized. It helped transforming Singapore. The Jurong story then was very different.

Today, it is totally a domestic initiative that tries to build an "off-site" new town. You can have every effort in this, but the success is not a guarantee. Especially not in this global backdrop of events.
    If you wishes to get an updated information about FDI coming to Singapore, this is a good place to start

http://www.edb.gov.sg/content/edb/en...ents/news.html

No point showing us all these info available to the public. We want to hear what your projected selling price is for your $800k+ 474sqft one bedder on TOP.
    If you wishes to get an updated information about FDI coming to Singapore, this is a good place to start

http://www.edb.gov.sg/content/edb/en...ents/news.html

No point showing us all these info available to the public. We want to hear what your projected selling price is for your $800k+ 474sqft one bedder on TOP.
    Please dont refer to yourself as US or WE, it is only Regulators and his supporter Regulators

Day in day out talk big about JLD, cant project future selling price of ur j gateway investment then you buy j gateway for what ? That speaks a lot about what kind of 'investor' u r, just among the herd
    Please dont refer to yourself as US or WE, it is only Regulators and his supporter Regulators

Day in day out talk big about JLD, cant project future selling price of ur j gateway investment then you buy j gateway for what ? That speaks a lot about what kind of 'investor' u r, just among the herd
    For the benefits of those who are interested in J Gateway, if you have nothing good or bad to talk about J Gateway appreciate if you move all your childish act to other thread.

THE need for decentralisation of commercial activities to areas outside the Central Business District (CBD) was first gazetted under the 1991 Concept Plan in an effort to tackle traffic congestion in the CBD, as well as to bring jobs closer to residential areas so that the daily commute for workers would be made more convenient.As part of this long-term land use plan, several locations that are well served by public transportation networks across the island were identified for development. They are the city fringe areas – including Novena, one-north and Paya Lebar Central – as well as the regional centres – including Jurong East, Tampines and Woodlands. To enhance the vibrancy of these non-central locations, the identified commercial centres have been infused with retail, food and beverage, and entertainment amenities.Since the implementation of these notable decentralisation plans, the office property market outside the CBD or in the city fringe and suburban region have been developing well. The stock of completed office space outside the CBD constitutes half the islandwide office stock – at close to 39.2 million square feet, of which 83.8 per cent are in the city fringe area and 16.2 per cent are in the suburban region.The stock of office space outside the CBD increased at a compounded annual growth rate of 0.6 per cent over the past 10 years from 2003 to 2012 – translating to an average net new supply of about 219,000 sq ft per annum. This is considered low, when compared to the islandwide average annual level of 851,000 sq ft across the same period.Nonetheless, the situation is going to shape up over the next four years upon completion of upcoming projects including Jem, Paya Lebar Square, The Metropolis and Westgate Tower. According to the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) latest available statistics and Colliers International’s estimates as at Q1 2013, some 2.9 million sq ft (net floor area) of new office space is projected to be completed between Q2 2013 and 2016, translating to an average annual net new supply of 733,000 sq ft in the next four years.Despite the large upcoming supply outside the CBD, it is unlikely that there will be an oversupply – given the largely resilient occupancies of completed office stock in the area, as well as healthy pre-commitment levels for projects under construction, all of which come on the back of an increasing acceptance of decentralised office locations by businesses.Demand for office space outside the CBD has regained momentum since Singapore’s economic recovery in 2010. The overall occupancy rate for office space outside the CBD rose from 88.8 per cent in 2010 to 92.2 per cent as at Q1 2013. Grade A office space fared slightly better with occupancy in the city fringe and suburban micro-markets, achieving a five-year high of 99.1 per cent and 95.8 per cent, respectively as at Q1 2013.The increase in absorption of office space outside the CBD was, in part, an outcome of some space occupiers relocating out of the CBD for cost efficiencies, given the global economic headwinds.*Demand was also driven by financial institutions that need to set up secondary office space outside the CBD to comply with the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS) guidelines on business continuity planning.Additionally, following the recent clampdown on unauthorised users of industrial space, tenants who previously intended to occupy or have been occupying industrial space, but do not fall within the list of allowable users stipulated by the authorities, have turned to offices located in the city fringe and suburban areas.Leading the leasing activities outside the CBD in Q1 2013 is The Metropolis along North Buona Vista Drive at one-north. Some major tenants secured include Procter & Gamble (about 300,000 sq ft), Neptune Orient Lines (about 150,000 sq ft) and Shell (about 140,000 sq ft). Additionally, the Singapore Exchange (SGX) has reportedly leased over 80,000 sq ft of space at The Metropolis to house its back office operations, while eeping its front office operations at SGX Centre in Shenton Way.This is the result of the government’s commitment to spur the growth of one-north and attract private-sector companies to take up space in the area. one-north is one of the many government-initiated projects. The government’s constant involvement and commitment are often of integral importance in attracting companies from the private sector to new untested areas of development.Prior to this, the Ministry of National Development, together with its statutory boards – the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority and the Building and Construction Authority – had signed a heads of terms agreement in 2011 to take up a 30-year lease for 315,382 sq ft of office space in Jem, an integrated office and retail development at Jurong Gateway.The relocation of these government bodies to Jem in the Jurong suburb is a move intended to free up space in the CBD, as well as to catalyse the growth of the area. It is also an important spearhead in drawing more companies to take up space in the area.With the current supply and demand dynamics favouring decentralised office locations, the city fringe and suburban areas have led CBD office locations in staging a recovery. Meanwhile, office rents in the city fringe and suburban micromarkets appear to have stabilised as at Q1 2013, having held firm for the previous two to three successive quarters.As at Q1 2013, the monthly gross rents for Grade A office space in the city fringe and suburban areas averaged at $7.60 per sq ft (psf) and $4.53 psf, respectively. This is correspondingly 9.4 per cent and 46 per cent lower than the average CBD Grade A office rent of $8.39 psf over the same period.Given the further development in infrastructure, as well as improved offerings from new and upcoming city fringe and suburban office buildings, the healthy appetite for decentralised office space is expected to continue in the following years. This will help to keep rents firm in 2013 for office pace outside the CBD and – assuming that the global economic conditions do not deteriorate – to possibly support a moderate rental increase in 2014.Consequently, the decentralised office would make for suitable accommodation for companies that do not require a CBD location. Businesses that support the multinational corporations located in industrial areas outside the CBD would be able to source for comparatively less expensive rents in buildings and avoid daily peak hour congestion problems in the CBD. Parking facilities also tend to be more abundant in suburban locations, at a fraction of the cost.With several commercial institutions, energy companies, pharmaceutical firms, as well as government agencies moving part or all of their office functions outside the CBD, service providers of these large entities could find that office facilities in the city fringe and suburbs offer a balance of cost efficiency, rental stability, locational convenience and proximity to their clients.And as Singapore’s transport network improves with the development of more mass transit lines and the upgrading of existing MRT networks, office locations outside the CBD are expected to be increasingly accepted by occupiers. Occupiers would no longer have the impression that such non-centralised locations are too remote or isolated from the centre of their business activities.*

We want to hear your projected selling price for j gateway otherwise how would ppl know whether it is good investment . Btw this is a j gateway thread so I m discussing j gateway, not jld
    For the benefits of those who are interested in J Gateway, if you have nothing good or bad to talk about J Gateway appreciate if you move all your childish act to other thread.
    Last edited by Regulators; 04-07-13 at 17:58.

MedTech Hub launch to boost biomed sector

...7.4ha campus will ramp up Singapore's medical device manufacturing
    A NEW centre to serve the fast-growing medical technology sector was opened at Tukang Innovation Park in Jurong yesterday...

...'Together with Biopolis and Tuas Biomedical Park, the MedTech Hub will strengthen Singapore's capabilities in biomedical manufacturing, thereby reinforcing the biomedical industry's role as one of the country's key engines of economic growth...

http://www.spring.gov.sg/NewsEvents/...x#.UdVTbG1c-3c

This is no child's play.

Smart & Connected Jurong Lake District (JLD) Pilots & Trials Call-for-Collaboration (CFC)

This CFC is a multi-agency effort in collaboration with

Urban Redevelopment Authority (“URA”),

Economic Development Board (“EDB”),

Building and Construction Authority (“BCA”),

Energy Market Authority (“EMA”),

Housing and Development Board (“HDB”),

JTC Corporation (“JTC”),

Land Transport Authority (“LTA”),

National Environment Agency (“NEA”),

National Library Board ("NLB"),

National Parks Board (“NParks”),

Public Utilities Board (“PUB”),

Singapore Land Authority (“SLA”),

Singapore Tourism Board (“STB”)

Science Centre Board (“SCB”).

This CFC offers participants the opportunity to partner with the Government, user organisations and other stakeholders in JLD to demonstrate multi-organisation, cross-sector solutions in a live mixed-used environment, leveraging ready access to real-time data and ICT connectivity.

Jurong Lake District

JLD is one of the new Growth Areas identified in URA’s Master Plan 2008 to support Singapore’s economic growth for the next 10 to 15 years, and to decentralise commercial activities out of the city centre by bringing jobs closer to where people live. It will be the largest commercial and regional centre outside the Central Business District (CBD). Surrounding JLD is a resident population of over 1 million and the largest concentration of industrial space in Singapore.

The vision is for JLD to be a leading model for Singapore in developing a mixed-used urban precinct that is:
    1. Sustainable: meeting the needs of the present without sacrificing the ability of future generations to meet their own needs; where new developments are built sensitively reducing their environmental impact, resources are utilised efficiently, carbon footprint is reduced, and vitality and resilience of local communities and businesses are enhanced; and
    2. Smart and Connected: where pervasive ICT connectivity and real-time large data collection will lead to greater awareness and insights, translating into improved liveability for residents, and more efficient operations and informed planning for agencies and organisations.
    Objectives

The CFC allows the Government and industry to collaborate and conduct pilots and trials of smart technologies in JLD. The CFC:
    1. Provides the industry with a platform to demonstrate their solutions in addressing urban challenges, especially those of cross-domain nature; and
    2. Offers Government agencies an opportunity to test out innovative solutions before deploying them nation-wide.
    By focusing the industry and Government’s efforts in JLD, the CFC will also create a collection of tried and tested solutions to showcase Singapore’s capabilities in smart city technology. The solutions of the CFC will be considered for full-scale whole-of-government synergistic deployment of smart cities in Singapore.