Thread: useless condo/building manager from Abacus Property Management Pte Ltd

Default useless condo/building manager from Abacus Property Management Pte Ltd

any idea how do we terminate a useless condo manager?

yr advises pls

Quote Originally Posted by oda

yr advises pls
    write to MC and need to channel thru them.. and properly need to be done after there term is completed unless there a serious in the breach in contract..

yr advises pls
    Check your contract's termination clause. Just curious, just how was he/she "useless"?
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

From my experience majority are useless
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Not like that lah.
    You pay them peanuts, you get monkeys!
    However, the reverse may not be always true, ie you pay them gold mountain still won't guarantee you won't get monkeys still

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    From my experience majority are useless

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Not like that lah.
    You pay them peanuts, you get monkeys!
    However, the reverse may not be always true, ie you pay them gold mountain still won't guarantee you won't get monkeys still
    golden monkeys?
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Firstly, check whether your condo manager has been specifically appointed via AGM. (Usually 99% they are because they will always write up AGM letter and resolution to appoint themselves in AGM). So, learn this lesson: Always empower the MC to appoint the condo manager in AGM resolution but not to specifically appoint a specific condo manager in AGM resolution.

If above is true, you can only terminate them during next AGM.
    Not sure whether you can call for a EGM to remove them though, but this is usually very difficult to arrange because you need >20% share values to call for a EGM, and >50% share values to approve a resolution to terminate them (If I did not remember wrongly).

Another lesson you need to learn: Cheap condo managers usually give you "cheap" services!
    My experience is that international companies condo managers are usually better; local ones, even if quite big size is not any better. It has to do with locals' bosses don't value providing good services?

yr advises pls

If there is a useless MC and MA, may I say we can only voted and change them in AGM cos EGM is very difficult.
    If we need to change MA, should we get one 1st to stand by before kick the current one out ?

Thanks
    Rgds

Not taking sides but usually first channel is to contact the MC's council members for feedback.

MA's are appointed during AGM to carry out duties on behalf of the MC.

Usually its wat we call a pai tan job. Difficult to balance bet MCs and SPs. As MA need to 'police' the premise to ensure every SPs adhere to the by-laws/rules & regulations etc etc.

Swiping out the MC or even the MA at every AGM is akin to 'doing everythg' all over again and it will take time for even an experienced 'volunteered' MC member to manage the condo for their term.

Alot of people tot staying condo is very sa ki or very upclass till they move in and realise that condo management is actually very ugly. Blood are spilled during AGMs over disagreements amongst SPs or even amongst MC members themselves.

Seriously, sometimes HDB estates are more 'liveable'. Anythg not happy just call the HOTLINE.

muahahaha

since we are talking about MA/MCs, can we do anything to stop our neighbours from smoking within their units?

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    since we are talking about MA/MCs, can we do anything to stop our neighbours from smoking within their units?
    I dont think you can right ?
    Just like they cannot restrict the number of times u flush your toilet.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

DKSG
    sigh......me think so too....but me freaking neighbour's smoke whiffs into and stinks up me place.

DKSG

Check this out:

http://needtowrite.com/2012/05/15/st...k-swisstoilet/

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Put a big fan there to blow the smoke back into their house?

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    sigh......me think so too....but me freaking neighbour's smoke whiffs into and stinks up me place.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Put a big fan there to blow the smoke back into their house?
    TeddyBear is a cute character - even reply also cute!

I thought you want to make copies of those cancer infected throat, lungs, face, eyes, mouth and photo of the children of your neighbor and send it to their mailbox EVERYDAY...

Hope my suggestion works .. its the Singaporean Style!

DKSG

TeddyBear is a cute character - even reply also cute!

I thought you want to make copies of those cancer infected throat, lungs, face, eyes, mouth and photo of the children of your neighbor and send it to their mailbox EVERYDAY...

Hope my suggestion works .. its the Singaporean Style!

DKSG
    this i can consider

Dear Sir, we have noted Oda's Thread subject headline "Useless Condo Manager from Abacus Property" with a single line message "Any idea how to terminate a useless condo manager" as a negative review without any mention of substantial evidence as unfair and frivolous to both to our employee and to our company which are in violation of most forum's Terms of Service.

As the employee-of-choice employer, we aim to protect our employee's reputation. We hope you can remove and delete your thread and content which has been inactive since 2013. This will mean a lot for our employees to encourage continuous learning is a process. In addition, we welcome your feedback by providing feedback to the right channel and contact person for staff performance via email: [email protected]

Janet Tan
    Abacus Property

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Tan View Post
    Dear Sir, we have noted Oda's Thread subject headline "Useless Condo Manager from Abacus Property" with a single line message "Any idea how to terminate a useless condo manager" as a negative review without any mention of substantial evidence as unfair and frivolous to both to our employee and to our company which are in violation of most forum's Terms of Service.

As the employee-of-choice employer, we aim to protect our employee's reputation. We hope you can remove and delete your thread and content which has been inactive since 2013. This will mean a lot for our employees to encourage continuous learning is a process. In addition, we welcome your feedback by providing feedback to the right channel and contact person for staff performance via email: [email protected]

Janet Tan
    Abacus Property
    wow, that was 5 years ago.

Last posting was 19th May 2016.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sea...archid=1838222

Are you sure he or she still alive.

You have just open the old wound.

PS This forum do not allow to remove posting after 10 minute maybe can share how to remove posting after 5 years.

Maybe you can try removing your post and share whether can or not.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 21-07-18 at 19:56.

Thank you for reaching out to me after 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by oda View Post
    Thank you for reaching out to me after 5 years.
    Congrats.