Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MLP View Post
    Haha, Ringo.....Ringo....has your "land storm or tsunami" finally come or not yet? Is this a good time to buy now because there is an article in the Straits Times today that said landed property has reached bottom.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...-ease-20140512

Is this small shower what you called landed storm? What if the government suddenly remove some cooling measures? Please advise leh....
    Wah really...good news for me if true...

If one can believe what the "expert" says, then we will not end up with the confusion in the property market today....the condo market is poised for further drop because of the supply coming on board...and Singapore property market is a small market...when your cup spills water, the rest of the table gets wet...so, all property segment will be pull down...the question is just by how much.....

Quote Originally Posted by MLP View Post
    Haha, Ringo.....Ringo....has your "land storm or tsunami" finally come or not yet? Is this a good time to buy now because there is an article in the Straits Times today that said landed property has reached bottom.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...-ease-20140512

Is this small shower what you called landed storm? What if the government suddenly remove some cooling measures? Please advise leh....
    The same analysts who say landed property MAY bottom were the same one who were still recommending investors to buy into landed property not many months ago.

If you wish to believe them by all means go ahead, but please dont use what they said as facts to pop champagne lah. That simply being naive and too gullible, or perhaps being too desperate for some positive news.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Haha,.....Ringo.....Ringo.....It seems to me sky storm is really coming. But where is the land storm? When will it come? It seems to me that you are preaching the wrong storm. Any update from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    The same analysts who say landed property MAY bottom were the same one who were still recommending investors to buy into landed property not many months ago.

If you wish to believe them by all means go ahead, but please dont use what they said as facts to pop champagne lah. That simply being naive and too gullible, or perhaps being too desperate for some positive news.

Semi-detached home prices hit all-time high

A CURIOUS bright spot has emerged among the dying embers of the once red-hot private home market - landed property.

Prices of semi-detached homes hit an all-time high in the second quarter this year, according to official data yesterday, although consultants say it is too early to tell whether the uptick was a blip or a sign of a longer-term rise.

Semi-detached home prices jumped 4.2 per cent from the previous three months, in stark contrast to every other segment of the private residential market, all of which posted either stagnant prices or declines.

This increase has brought the semi-detached price index almost on par with that of bungalows in the quarter - the first time that has happened since the depths of the financial crisis in 2009.

The index, computed by the Urban Redevelopment Authority, is based on prices per sq ft (psf) for transactions posted in the quarter, but it does not indicate actual psf prices.

The median price of a semi-detached was $853 psf in the three months to June 30, higher than the $784 psf for a bungalow, according to URA figures.

Overall, landed home prices fell 1.7 per cent in the second quarter from the previous three months, significantly sharper than the 0.7 per cent slide in the preceding quarter. Bungalow prices fell 3.1 per cent and terrace house prices dropped 4 per cent.

Consultants said yesterday that semi-detached prices may have moved up in the second quarter as people change their buying targets.

More people who may have wanted to buy bungalows still find these too expensive and go for semi-detached homes instead, they said.

"Those people looking to sell bigger houses such as bungalows are still holding their prices, since they have higher holding power," said ERA key executive officer Eugene Lim.

He noted that even if the average psf prices of semi-detached homes approach those of bungalows, the total price of a bungalow would still be a lot higher due to its larger size.

"We haven't seen firesales in bigger units so far. For those with the capacity to upgrade to landed, the next best would be semi-Ds," Mr Lim said.

He added that there was a limited supply of semi-detached homes due to a dearth of new landed homes being built, which could have contributed to the segment's price rise. However, he said it still remains to be seen whether the price rise was a one-off.

SLP International research head Nicholas Mak agreed, noting that the semi-detached price index has been quite volatile over the past few years. The small number of transactions could skew price statistics, he said.

There were only five semi-detached homes sold in the second quarter, and only one bungalow, according to URA data.

Given that, the price increase was more likely to be a blip than a sign people are "abandoning other landed housing types and rushing to buy semi-Ds... I won't be surprised if it drops next quarter", said Mr Mak.

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...-high/a/174006

Went to view some FH terrace in the East and surprise to see price has came down at least 10% to 15%... too bad I'm not willing to pay ABSD...

Check caveat 2-3 weeks later as prove...

Wink

You should then work the nett saving with absd into your purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by imjason View Post
    Went to view some FH terrace in the East and surprise to see price has came down at least 10% to 15%... too bad I'm not willing to pay ABSD...

Check caveat 2-3 weeks later as prove...

Check Frankel, Sea Breeze... all FH terrace creaping toward 2010 level !!!

Default Even Bungalows

Quote Originally Posted by imjason View Post
    Check Frankel, Sea Breeze... all FH terrace creaping toward 2010 level !!!
    Many bungalows also ,Just Frankel Drive alone have 3 units ,all genuine sellers.
    More units at least another 3 unit of bungalow along the way...
    All asking $1300 psf but looking at $1200psf .
    Unfortunately

21 APR 2014 15 FRANKEL ESTATE 5 FRANKEL STREET DETACHED FREEHOLD 7,772 LAND 1,050psf 8,160,000

So all buyers hoping for around $1050 psf. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsmsimmax3 View Post
    Many bungalows also ,Just Frankel Drive alone have 3 units ,all genuine sellers.
    Unfortunately

21 APR 2014 15 FRANKEL ESTATE 5 FRANKEL STREET DETACHED FREEHOLD 7,772 LAND 1,050psf 8,160,000

It's waiting game now... the terrace already slashed 20% from 3M...Most likely the seller will give in at the end... ... worth the wait...

Default More lowering prices--bumgalows in East

Detached House for Sale at Jalan buloh Perindu--$1077psf
    Please click link above

Could it be because of this ......

23 JUL 2014 15 N.A. 108 MARSHALL ROAD DETACHED FREEHOLD 5,404 LAND 988 psf 5,341,800

Quote Originally Posted by gsmsimmax3 View Post
    Unfortunately

5 Frankel Str is a very old single storey detached house.

to tear down and rebuild, it would cost 300 - 350 psf.

adding that to 1050, a final cost would be 1350 to 1400 psf.

still pretty decent compared to the new ones at Roseburn / Dunbar ....

ask u guys one question:

do u prefer those landed houses at frankel estate or those along mountbatten/meyer/goodman?

just for interest's sake.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    ask u guys one question:

do u prefer those landed houses at frankel estate or those along mountbatten/meyer/goodman?

just for interest's sake.
    land size for landed property in Meyer/goodman are much larger than those along Frankel Estate, lower density and less crowded.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Default Further price erosion

1 SEP 2014 14 FRANKEL ESTATE 576 CHANGI ROAD DETACHED FREEHOLD 7,546 703psf $5,300,000

Another cheap buy ,along main road...
    asking $7.5 mio then $6.5 mio ...Sold 703 psf ,$5.3 mio

And this Changi Road is not Changi Village but Frankel Estate .

How will those along Frankel drive prices..... ???

Road reserve by lta? if so, land size may be a lot smaller

1 AUG 2014 10 HENRY PARK XX MOUNT SINAI ROAD DETACHED 999 YRS FROM 1885 6,028 sqft LAND $829psf $5,000,000

very cheap for detach house.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67 View Post
    Road reserve by lta? if so, land size may be a lot smaller
    Unlikely.

Attachment 9133

The valuation for my terrace was 2 mil in last year june and now still 1.8 to 2 mil as given by OCBC and Maybank...so does not seem like a landstorm yet....I think freehold landed should retain their value quite well in land scarce Sg esp since hardly anymore supply...

It goes back to location, size and quantum (2million). The development at Bidadari development will appreciate your property price and not forgetting the new downtown line station near aljunied park.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    It goes back to location, size and quantum (2million). The development at Bidadari development will appreciate your property price and not forgetting the new downtown line station near aljunied park.
    True, terrace may drop less compared to bigger houses....

Looking forward to Macpherson Mall coming up just a few steps away too...

Really glad I bought this terrace, exchanging a leasehold EC for a freehold landed as it has doubled in value in 4 years and is so easy to rent and sell and with good appreciation potential... the best buy of my life so far...

Just pm you. Properties bought are to be kept and not to sold especially Fh landed near a few mrt stations that is in city fringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    True, terrace may drop less compared to bigger houses....

Looking forward to Macpherson Mall coming up just a few steps away too...

Really glad I bought this terrace, exchanging a leasehold EC for a freehold landed as it has doubled in value in 4 years and is so easy to rent and sell and with good appreciation potential... the best buy of my life so far...

Just pm you. Properties bought are to be kept and not to sold especially Fh landed near a few mrt stations that is in city fringe.
    Thanks for advice....will not sell this terrace unless really no choice in future....

There is only one silly one saying land storm for quite a while....that's very obvious that he is also the one who miss the boat.
    In sg, land is limited and is alway wise to get a terrace still in 1.5 to 2mil range if u can find. EC is already crossing the 1 mil mark, in another 10-15 yrs, like what the gov says, u will take 8mins to mrt. So, just go for it if you can find one.
    Bigger units will be in demand as I foresee more younsters will want to stay with their parents even when they get married...i think they just get more and more dependent..
    My opinion. Cheers...

The valuation for my terrace was 2 mil in last year june and now still 1.8 to 2 mil as given by OCBC and Maybank...so does not seem like a landstorm yet....I think freehold landed should retain their value quite well in land scarce Sg esp since hardly anymore supply...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    There is only one silly one saying land storm for quite a while....that's very obvious that he is also the one who miss the boat.
    In sg, land is limited and is alway wise to get a terrace still in 1.5 to 2mil range if u can find. EC is already crossing the 1 mil mark, in another 10-15 yrs, like what the gov says, u will take 8mins to mrt. So, just go for it if you can find one.
    Bigger units will be in demand as I foresee more younsters will want to stay with their parents even when they get married...i think they just get more and more dependent..
    My opinion. Cheers...
    I think miss the boat nevermind. 人最重要是要有牌品。
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The first owner at yvr place probably paid $10,000 in the 60s. Imagine those who holds till today doing nothing.
    Thanks for advice....will not sell this terrace unless really no choice in future....

Yeah but if they sell now, they need to buy another one at a high unless they have more than one property. That is wh5 it is important to have a few properties..

The first owner at yvr place probably paid $10,000 in the 60s. Imagine those who holds till today doing nothing.
    10k in 60s is larger than 1 million nowadays.

I was told of a time that a whole landed household of 12 can't even find a 5c to use.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Sound to me like the frogs swimming in the pot of water doesnt know that the water is getting warmer and they will eventually be cooked alive

Its pointless to talk about bank valuation because anyone who is in the market for landed property will be looking at min 15% below bank valuation. And if your landed property is already fully max out in terms of build up, you will find it even harder to find a buyer.

The days of making money for landed property is over. When interest rate rises, all hell will break loose.