Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ecopolitan EC

Free Hankook multi-pan worth $63 to first 500 successful applicants.

Call 91087536 for details !

Default Ecopolitan EC

I know this project will be launched very soon.
    And E-application should start in July.

If you are keen to find out more do check out this website
    www.ecopolitan-exec-condo.com

I gather lots of info fr it too.

SLP Realty is the sole marketing agency od Ecopolitan EC.

It is against CEA regulations for Savills or any other agency agent to directly market it.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Located right in the heart of punggol new town

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Angry

The 4Br DK became so small dunno still can attract buyers?
    If rent out the studio unit can get how much rental? Realistic figure la. $1.2k per month?

Strictly speaking the Ecopolitan DK unit is a 'multi-generational' unit meaning it is for 3 generations to live under 1 roof as the grandparents' names have to be included in the application.

Forestville EC is the last EC with DK units that can be rented out.

Default Ecopolitan - Verify some facts yourself

I find that agents talked up too much about a property that they are marketing, without thinking if what they say is believable. For example, SLP /Seller Qinjian claims it takes 8 minutes to walk from Punggol MRT to the development. I actually walked from the MRT stn to the site and it is 12 minutes walk at average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, due to the site being just next to the Tampines Expressway, I imagine it can be very noisy. So instead of believing what they say, I went up to the 10th floor of the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. I have to be careful in listening to the SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL are appointed by the seller to market the project. I also heard loud noise from aircraft flying overhead, into Seletar Air Base.
    I encourage everyone to go and verify facts where possible because buying a condo is a huge investment.

Frankly, given just these two not so favorable factors (next to TPE and further from MRT), I don't think Ecopolitan should be priced as much as Twin Waterfalls. The fact that Qinjian paid more for the land affects how much they want to sell to get a desired profit margin, but not relevant to a buyer should pay, which is compared to neighboring proejcts.

Default Ecopolitan - Verify some facts yourself

I find that agents talked up too much about a property that they are marketing, without thinking if what they say is believable. For example, SLP /Seller Qinjian claims it takes 8 minutes to walk from Punggol MRT to the development. I actually walked from the MRT stn to the site and it is 12 minutes walk at average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, due to the site being just next to the Tampines Expressway, I imagine it can be very noisy. So instead of believing what they say, I went up to the 10th floor of the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. I have to be careful in listening to the SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL are appointed by the seller to market the project. I also heard loud noise from aircraft flying overhead, into Seletar Air Base.
    I encourage everyone to go and verify facts where possible because buying a condo is a huge investment.

Frankly, given just these two not so favorable factors (next to TPE and further from MRT), I don't think Ecopolitan should be priced as much as Twin Waterfalls. The fact that Qinjian paid more for the land affects how much they want to sell to get a desired profit margin, but not relevant to a buyer should pay, which is compared to neighboring proejcts.

Default Ecopolitan - Best to verify some facts yourself

Naturally, everyone's walking speed is different. 8 minutes is the average time taken.

Noise in a high density city like Singapore is unavoidable.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Quote Originally Posted by suchard

Actually a lot of agents' or developers's may not be necessary accurate so just take it as a pinch of salt and do your own research before committing on buying anything.

E application period for Ecopolitan starts on friday 28th June.

Call 91087536 to submit an application.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

I was initially attracted by Ecopolitan EC.

There have a number of good selling points like quite close proximity to MRT (which may vary by individuals), Eco theme etc.

However, my greatest concern is the pollution, both noise and air. Both warrant attention as it is situated next to TPE which is very intensively used throughout the day and night as well as the Punggol Way main road (on the left of Ecopolitan EC) which is also very heavily used by Punggol residents travelling to/ from TPE, SLE and CTE.

Air pollution becomes even more important after what we have experienced during the recent haze period where we become more educated/ aware of the importance of good healthy air.

A secondary concern is the units seem very clamped. It is apparent that distance between the blocks facing the 50m swimming pool or the moon deck seem too close for comfort.

Right now, I am in a mixed dilemma whether to apply or not or to move on and look at more ECs launching in the next few weeks such as Lush Acres EC (in Seng Kang West) surrounded by pte condos which should lend some support price or Waterwoods EC (in Punggol) next to Flo Residence.
    Last edited by propertybuyer073; 27-06-13 at 22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by propertybuyer073
    I was initially attracted by Ecopolitan EC.

There have a number of good selling points like quite close proximity to MRT (which may vary by individuals), Eco theme etc.

However, my greatest concern is the pollution, both noise and air. Both warrant attention as it is situated next to TPE which is very intensively used throughout the day and night as well as the Punggol Way main road which is also very heavily used by Punggol residents travelling to/ from TPE, SLE and CTE.

Air pollution becomes even more important after what we have experienced during the recent haze period where we become more educated/ aware of the importance of good healthy air.

A secondary concern is the units seem very clamped. It is apparent that distance between the blocks facing the 50m swimming pool or the moon deck seem too close for comfort.

Right now, I am in a mixed dilemma whether to apply or not or to move on and look at more ECs launching in the next few weeks such as Lush Acres EC (in Seng Kang West) surrounded by pte condos which should lend some support price or the much awaited EC next to Flo Residence ...
    Ecopolitan will benefit when the 3 empty sites next to the Punggol mrt station are developed and will surely set new benchmark prices in Punggol Central.

Having said that, you should buy what suits your tastes and requirements.

Just visited the Lush Acres EC showflat today for agents' briefing.

The show units are very nice and the site is near the Punggol River if you prefer a more scenic location.

Call me at 91087536 to submit an e application.

I walked from Punggol MRT to the site and it is 12 minutes walk average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, I went up to the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. There are lots of planes flying into and out of Seletar Airport, so the noise was loud.

The SPL agents have been saying the developer bid higher for the land, but that is really the developer's problem if they overbid. What is relevant is what value the Ecopolitan is to a buyer, and comparing both the pros and cons of Ecopolitan. For instance, even though next to Twin Waterfalls, Ecopolitan is at least 3 - 5 minutes further away as it will not have a short cut to Punggol MRT station that Twin Waterfalls has.

One has to be careful in listening tot he SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL is appointed by the developer /seller to market the project. A property is a huge investment and it is important for any buyer to verify and see for himself or herself.

(1) I also visited the Ecopolitan EC showflat.

I did managed to walk to the MRT from the Ecopolitan showflat ENTRANCE in slightly over 8 minutes but it was a brisk walk - so the 8 minutes walk to the MRT being advertised is still correct

(Developers don't advertise the "type of walk" u need to take to get to the MRT!)

Of course, if u stay in the block furthest away from the entrance, then it could be an additional couple of minutes of walk to the MRT. And it would be additional few minutes for others whose walking pace is slower.

(2) Never checked the noise level so can't comment on this.

I think those staying in the blocks further away from the TPE will be fine with respect to the noise from TPE.

As for the planes, people staying in Punggol and Sengkang will have to get used to it - I myself stay in Sengkang and me and my family have gotten used to the planes' noise.

(3) I personally like the design of Ecopolitan.

Spolit for Choices

This probably best summarize some of the EC buyers, especially those looking at the Punggol and SengKang areas.

Ecopolitan EC, Lush Acres EC, Waterwoods EC each has their own selling points and concerns.

It was reported in CNA that a 4-bedroom 1141 sq ft sells for $900,000. This translates to about $790 psf.

This is considered quite high considering that Twin Waterfalls which is better than Ecopolitan in terms of proximity to MRT, away from TPE and units more spread out is sold cheaper.

Even Waterbay, also from QJ and quite near MRT, is sold cheaper albeit higher land cost than Ecopolitan EC.

The developer QJ should probably price more realistically Ecopolitan EC considering that buyers could shift to other ECs which are launching soon eg Lush Acres from CDL and near Seletar Mall and even private condos like Vue 8 which offers sea view albeit in Pasir Ris.

Just my thoughts.

Both Ecopolitan EC and Twin Fountains EC are about 700m away from the mrt stations

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Quote Originally Posted by propertybuyer073
    Spolit for Choices

This probably best summarize some of the EC buyers, especially those looking at the Punggol and SengKang areas.

Ecopolitan EC, Lush Acres EC, Waterwoods EC each has their own selling points and concerns.

It was reported in CNA that a 4-bedroom 1141 sq ft sells for $900,000. This translates to about $790 psf.

This is considered quite high considering that Twin Waterfalls which is better than Ecopolitan in terms of proximity to MRT, away from TPE and units more spread out is sold cheaper.

Even Waterbay, also from QJ and quite near MRT, is sold cheaper albeit higher land cost than Ecopolitan EC.

The developer QJ should probably price more realistically Ecopolitan EC considering that buyers could shift to other ECs which are launching soon eg Lush Acres from CDL and near Seletar Mall and even private condos like Vue 8 which offers sea view albeit in Pasir Ris.

Just my thoughts.
    If QJ price the Eco EC too high then they are only helping other ECs to sell it out faster. There are many choices for ECs around North east and pasir ris area. I heard there are 2 more EC land for bid in punggol.

I agree someone says the noise pollution and the dust would be a challenge for those units facing the TPE.

The big model for Ecopolitan is available to be seen. I am surprised that URA allows developers to remove /NOT show certain blocks, giving the excuse that some blocks would prevent buyers from seeing the pool or some landscape features. The real reason really is that the developer wants to avoid the entire project from looking too cramp. Singapore authorities should clamp down on deceptive marketing and look out for the interest of the public, the buyers.

SPL agents marketing Ecopolitan EC for Qinjian, saying the developer bid ~ $50 psf higher for the land, but that is really the developer's problem that they overbid. And that justify they asking for higher selling price? How superficial is that kind of argument!

What is relevant is what value the Ecopolitan has for a buyer, and comparing both the pros and cons of Ecopolitan vs. other projects nearby or those coming up. For instance, even though next to Twin Waterfalls, Ecopolitan is at least 3 - 5 minutes further away as it will not have a short cut to Punggol MRT station that Twin Waterfalls has. I walked from Punggol MRT to the site and it is 12 minutes walk average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, I went up to the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE which is not a problem Twin Waterfalls has. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. There are lots of planes flying into and out of Seletar Airport, so the noise was loud for any projects in Punggol. Also, while all these eco-friendly features sounds good (mangroves in fresh water???), it could mean expensive maintenance expenses (or plants that don't adapt well) down the road that owners have to bear (by then, Qinjian is long gone and not responsible for their choices of plants for Ecopolitan landscape) will already be laughing all the way to the bank.

SPL agents have been trying to set expectation that Ecopolitan AVERAGE price is $750 psq. Given a few major negative factors [next to TPE (noise, dust, pollution etc.), 15 min. walk to MRT will become a stretch for walking, and it is further away from MRT (i.e. further than the nearby Twin Waterfalls)], I think Ecopolitan is over-priced if their AVERAGE price is anything higher than $690 psq (the base price should be lower). One has to be careful, especially in this climate when the government is pushing out more ECs to stop prices from increasing. Already it has been reported that private condos and EC market have been weaker. For instance, Forestville sold just over 200 in their first weekend, out of a total of 600 units.

Given their being a late entrant into the Singapore property development business, their track record is yet to be established (2 projects in the past is hardly anything compared to the big developers like Frasers (that developed Twin Waterfalls), CDL etc.. All these factors need to be considered by buyer when thinking of Ecopolitan.

The big model for Ecopolitan is available to be seen. I am surprised that URA allows developers to remove /NOT show certain blocks, giving the excuse that some blocks would prevent buyers from seeing the pool or some landscape features. The real reason really is that the developer wants to avoid the entire project from looking too cramp. Singapore authorities should clamp down on deceptive marketing and look out for the interest of the public, the buyers.

SPL agents marketing Ecopolitan EC for Qinjian, saying the developer bid ~ $50 psf higher for the land, but that is really the developer's problem that they overbid. And that justify they asking for higher selling price? How superficial is that kind of argument!

What is relevant is what value the Ecopolitan has for a buyer, and comparing both the pros and cons of Ecopolitan vs. other projects nearby or those coming up. For instance, even though next to Twin Waterfalls, Ecopolitan is at least 3 - 5 minutes further away as it will not have a short cut to Punggol MRT station that Twin Waterfalls has. I walked from Punggol MRT to the site and it is 12 minutes walk average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, I went up to the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE which is not a problem Twin Waterfalls has. The agent told me that the block is set back from the edge of the land near to the TPE, but still the noise is very loud. There are lots of planes flying into and out of Seletar Airport, so the noise was loud for any projects in Punggol. Also, while all these eco-friendly features sounds good (mangroves in fresh water???), it could mean expensive maintenance expenses (or plants that don't adapt well) down the road that owners have to bear (by then, Qinjian is long gone and not responsible for their choices of plants for Ecopolitan landscape) will already be laughing all the way to the bank.

SPL agents have been trying to set expectation that Ecopolitan AVERAGE price is $750 psq. Given a few major negative factors [next to TPE (noise, dust, pollution etc.), 15 min. walk to MRT will become a stretch for walking, and it is further away from MRT (i.e. further than the nearby Twin Waterfalls)], I think Ecopolitan is over-priced if their AVERAGE price is anything higher than $690 psq (the base price should be lower). One has to be careful, especially in this climate when the government is pushing out more ECs to stop prices from increasing. Already it has been reported that private condos and EC market have been weaker. For instance, Forestville sold just over 200 in their first weekend, out of a total of 600 units.

Given their being a late entrant into the Singapore property development business, their track record is yet to be established (2 projects in the past is hardly anything compared to the big developers like Frasers (that developed Twin Waterfalls), CDL etc.. All these factors need to be considered by buyer when thinking of Ecopolitan.

How come you keep saying SPL SPL when it is SLP?

Officially the price list will be out only on August 1st and is solely determined by the developer.

The agents are trying to convey to prospective buyers the average indicative price level given that the previous EC launch Twin Fountains was also launched around $750 psf.

Ultimately, the price list is the prerogative of the developer.

Default Can agents provide pricing of Ecopolitan when official price list is not out?

It seems that many SLP agents are already quoting online websites the total cost and psf for various size units in Ecopolitan now. For example, one is quoting a price of $810,000 for a 1,055 3-Bedroom unit. Are the agents allowed to do that when the price list will be out officially only on 30 Jul at the earliest? I think URA rules does not allow that. I believe these SLP agents are trying to condition interested buyers into thinking that the psf price guidance is in the $771 range and when the official price comes out to be lower say $750 and buyers are gonna be happier. But to me, that is not ethical marketing. I wonder if URA will look kindly to such practice by SLP or Qinjian, the developer.

Also, given how close is to TPE (with the attendant noise, pollution, dust etc.) and it is quite far to the MRT (it is not 8 minutes but almost double that time if you walk), even $750 is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe
    Officially the price list will be out only on August 1st and is solely determined by the developer.

The agents are trying to convey to prospective buyers the average indicative price level given that the previous EC launch Twin Fountains was also launched around $750 psf.

Ultimately, the price list is the prerogative of the developer.

Where do the agents get the indicative price list? Who provides to the agents? Is this a case of trying to set expectations, as I mentioned? Twin Fountains is very near to the MRT (I estimate 3 - 4 min walk). One cannot say the same for Ecopolitan. Besides, Ecopolitan is just next to the very busy expressway TPE. Imagine the noise and pollution!!!

Default Ecopolitan - Indicative Pricing $750 psf too high

In light of Qingjian's winning bid being 9% higher than that of the Twin Fountains site, I really think not
    The fact that Qinjian paid more for the land affects how much they want to sell to get a desired profit margin, but not relevant to a buyer should pay, which is compared to neighboring projects.

One has to be careful in listening to the SPL agent as his company just want to push for the project, understandably, since SPL are appointed by the seller to market the project. I encourage everyone to go and verify facts where possible because buying a condo is a huge investment. I actually walked from the MRT stn to the site and it is 12 minutes walk at average speed, not the 8 minutes they claimed. Also, due to the site being just next to the Tampines Expressway. So instead of believing what they say, I went up to the 10th floor of the HDB block next to it and could hear the heavy traffic from the TPE. I also heard loud noise from aircraft flying overhead, into Seletar Air Base.

Frankly, given just these two not so favorable factors alone (next to TPE and further from MRT), Ecopolitan should not be priced as much as Twin Waterfalls. Also, market is softening and will continue to do so given the recent measures again by MAS on loan restrictions. Besides, the HDB huge supply and analyst's projection that there will be an oversupply of private condos in the next few years (huge number of condos TOP soon but absorption rate /new families much smaller) will have downward pressure on prices.

Where do the agents get the indicative price list? Who provides to the agents? Is this a case of trying to set expectations, as I mentioned? Twin Fountains is very near to the MRT (I estimate 3 - 4 min walk). One cannot say the same for Ecopolitan. Besides, Ecopolitan is just next to the very busy expressway TPE. Imagine the noise and pollution!!!
    Dear Mr Suchard, you sound like a novice property buyer...there is no 'indicative'
    price list...an indicative price range is merely a prediction of the likely price range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Source: Business Times)

Li Jun, general manager of Qingjian Realty (South Pacific) Group, forecast last night that the average selling price for the project could be in the $730-780 psf range, subject to market and economic conditions at the point of launch. "Qingjian assessed that the property market is stable and that the EC market is healthy," he added.

It will be launching its next EC development, the 512-unit Ecopolitan, at Punggol Way next month. E-applications open on June 28.

The group has two earlier EC projects - RiverParc Residence and Waterbay - both of which are under construction in Punggol, and fully sold.

Both Ecopolitan and Twin Fountains are about 700m away from their respective mrt stations (verifiable at Propertyguru)

Forummers can judge for themselves whether it is reasonable to say that 700 metres can be covered within 8 minutes.

Developer is free to price at whatever level they think maximises their profit and prospective buyers are free to NOT buy if they feel the product if they feel it is over-priced.

Lastly, last day of e application is this Sunday. Call 91087536 if you want to submit an application

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Dear Mr Suchard, you sound like a novice property buyer...there is no 'indicative'
    price list...an indicative price range is merely a prediction of the likely price range.

(Source: Business Times)

Li Jun, general manager of Qingjian Realty (South Pacific) Group, forecast last night that the average selling price for the project could be in the $730-780 psf range, subject to market and economic conditions at the point of launch. "Qingjian assessed that the property market is stable and that the EC market is healthy," he added.

It will be launching its next EC development, the 512-unit Ecopolitan, at Punggol Way next month. E-applications open on June 28.

The group has two earlier EC projects - RiverParc Residence and Waterbay - both of which are under construction in Punggol, and fully sold.

Both Ecopolitan and Twin Fountains are about 700m away from their respective mrt stations (verifiable at Propertyguru)

Forummers can judge for themselves whether it is reasonable to say that 700 metres can be covered within 8 minutes.

Developer is free to price at whatever level they think maximises their profit and prospective buyers are free to NOT buy if they feel the product if they feel it is over-priced.

Lastly, last day of e application is this Sunday. Call 91087536 if you want to submit an application

www.ecopolitan-ec.name
    Yes - walking time will ultimately depend on the walking pace of the individual.

As mentioned previously, it took me about 8 minutes based on my walking pace (which is quite fast) to walk from the Ecopolitan Showflat entrance to the MRT.

This did not factor in waiting time at the traffic junctions (add another a minute or so to the time taken to walk to the MRT).