Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ecopolitan EC

i don't think their margins are as generous as PC that will allow them to cut prices like capitaland's D'leedon.

if they do, the economy must have really hit a very bad patch, a patch that is worse than lehman crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by huatah
    Too bad the property bubble is still growing and there are no signs of slowing down .

For me, personally i buying it is for own stay and most likely i wont be having kids or at most 1 kid .Hence size is not that critical but i need at least a 3 br .

I do agree QJ has spend quite alot on marketing and not too sure if 1000 e app to them is considered good response.

BTW what are the odds that left over units are priced lower then the initial ballot ? I remember even 1 canberra take very long time to sell , they never lower the price.
    Actually there is some slowing down……the property sentiment index has reportedly dipped quite a fair bit. Also, the government is releasing more land for ECs.
    With recent loan curbing measures, there will be further downward pressure. Also, there is inevitably a spill over effect from softening in the private condo market to other sectors - ECs and even HDB. Evidence - the cash over valuation amount has declined.
    All these softening of the property market is not a bad thing (of course those who own properties don't like it that's why government are so hard-pressed to do anything)…..asset bubble distort proper /efficient allocation of resources. Is it healthy for a country to have and encourage a huge bunch of people making hundreds of thousands flipping properties?

Default Lust Acres Against Ecopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7
    Aga distance to Lush Acres EC ( in straight line)
    Kupang LRT stn ~ 350m
    Seletar mall ~ 600m
    SK sports complex ~ 900m
    Layar LRT stn ~ 350m

Almost all within 5min walking distance but must carry umbrella.
    Lush Acres is opening E-appln before nearby Ecopolitan booking is completed. What does this signify? Does this timing reflect strategic thinking on CDL's part or means nothing? What does it say about CDL's own view of:
    a. the EC buyers' pool (too small a pool, so better compete for same demographics?),
    b. the state of Singapore property market (softening, so better hurry?)
    c. the strengths of its project vs. Ecopolitan? (Our project is better than their's, so buyers you have choices?)

Also, how does Lush' launch affect Qinjian's plan /strategy, particularly its pricing of Ecopolitan? Or is one sending some kind of signal to the other?

(1) Ecopolitan and Lush Acres are located in 2 neighbouring HDB estates (Punggol and Sengkang), so there is a high chance both are competing for the same pool of EC buyers (e.g. HDB upgraders in these 2 estates).

If I am not mistaken, quite a number of buyers of ECs launched earlier in Punggol are also from Sengkang.

(2) I personally think the design of Lush Acres EC is better than Ecopolitan - Ecopolitan's advantage vs Lush Acres is that it is of walkable distance to the MRT.

Default There are free gifts for e-app

Quote Originally Posted by suchard
    Lush Acres is opening E-appln before nearby Ecopolitan booking is completed. What does this signify? Does this timing reflect strategic thinking on CDL's part or means nothing? What does it say about CDL's own view of:
    a. the EC buyers' pool (too small a pool, so better compete for same demographics?),
    b. the state of Singapore property market (softening, so better hurry?)
    c. the strengths of its project vs. Ecopolitan? (Our project is better than their's, so buyers you have choices?)

Also, how does Lush' launch affect Qinjian's plan /strategy, particularly its pricing of Ecopolitan? Or is one sending some kind of signal to the other?

Since young, we have been taught "there is no free lunch"

Yet in Singapore, we can have free gifts when we e-app.

Ecopolitan EC started the ball rolling by offering e-applicants a free pot worth $60+

Lush Acres EC follows suit, dangling $50 shopping voucher.

This raises some alarm bells to me and probably many potential EC buyers.

Is the EC market really that bad/ competitive that the developers have to resort to giving out free gifts to urge people to e-apply?

If a genuine buyer will e-app, whether there is a free gift or not, the question remains on the real intent of offering free gifts to those who e-applied bearing in mind the developers have more information and insights on the property market than most of us.

(1) It is competitive, with other ECs are about to be launched (e.g. Sea Horizon in Pasir Ris, Skypark in Sembawang, Waterwoods in Punggol).

Also think the pool of potential buyers has shrunk given all the CMs and changes to the EC rules.

(2) Developers will do what they can to drive up the numbers and the sales - they are ultimately profit making (and profit maximisation) organisations!

Free $50 City Square voucher for eligible applicants

www.lushacres-ec-sengkang.com

Call 91087536 to submit an e app for the only EC so far with a 100m lap pool

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe
    Free $50 City Square voucher for eligible applicants

www.lushacres-ec-sengkang.com

Call 91087536 to submit an e app for the only EC so far with a 100m lap pool

I could be wrong.

I recall the CityLife EC, which received 1,700 e-apps when launched in Dec 2012, marketed it as the first EC to have the 100m lap pool.

So, Lush Acres should be the second EC to have 100 m lap pool.

The 100m pool is a big draw for those who like to swim and for those who prefer to have swimming pool view as swimming pool view tends to command a premium when selling in the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by propertybuyer073
    I could be wrong.

I recall the CityLife EC, which received 1,700 e-apps when launched in Dec 2012, marketed it as the first EC to have the 100m lap pool.

So, Lush Acres should be the second EC to have 100 m lap pool.

The 100m pool is a big draw for those who like to swim and for those who prefer to have swimming pool view as swimming pool view tends to command a premium when selling in the secondary market.
    Yes, you are right...my mistake.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name

Yes, you are right...my mistake.

www.ecopolitan-ec.name
    This is a small thing.

The bigger point is Lush Acres has a rare 100m swimming pool.

guess the big day is approaching .

btw how would the booking day be like ? once ballot hits u and u go up to choose unit and make a 5% cheaque payment ?

anyone care to share their experience lol

Default EC Developers like Ecopolitan and Lush Acres Desperate

Quote Originally Posted by propertybuyer073
    Since young, we have been taught "there is no free lunch"

Yet in Singapore, we can have free gifts when we e-app.

Ecopolitan EC started the ball rolling by offering e-applicants a free pot worth $60+

Lush Acres EC follows suit, dangling $50 shopping voucher.

This raises some alarm bells to me and probably many potential EC buyers.

Is the EC market really that bad/ competitive that the developers have to resort to giving out free gifts to urge people to e-apply?

If a genuine buyer will e-app, whether there is a free gift or not, the question remains on the real intent of offering free gifts to those who e-applied bearing in mind the developers have more information and insights on the property market than most of us.
    I would agree with you…..If developers expects the application to be strong, they wouldn't have to pull out all stops to entice applicants. This free gift seems to a desperate measure to drive up application rate, to artificially create the impression of good demand. The actual application rate turns out to be pretty dismal in my opinion. Can you imagine what the rate would be without the free gifts? And given that some applicants are not serious but just apply to get the free gifts, the turnout on booking would not be that good, unless Qing Jian prices psf on the lower end.

My fren told me today suppose to be E app result but there is no news yet.

Ballot results will be known later today.

Good luck to all applicants.

Ballot results will be known later today.

Good luck to all applicants.
    My fren is 2nd timer q number is 300+ dunno got chance or not.

Anyone know estimating how many 1st and 2nd timer in the applicants?

Got chance...total 512 units..why worry if Q number is 300+?

Got chance...total 512 units..why worry if Q number is 300+?
    He is 2nd timer and of cos 512 units his target units maybe at most 100 only. Worry the 30% quota.

my queue no 118 , but i aiming at the smallest stack ;(

my queue no 118 , but i aiming at the smallest stack ;(
    I understand that the queue number have an alphabet in front of the number, no? So yours is not A118 or E118? It seems that not much info is provided about how the queue number system is like.

Quote Originally Posted by chan600
    He is 2nd timer and of cos 512 units his target units maybe at most 100 only. Worry the 30% quota.
    Its like that for 2nd timers...should have been mentally prepared

Anyway, typical scenario at EC booking day is this - half of the applicants will show up and of this group only half will actually book a unit

price list is out . what are your thoughts guys ? TO me it is really on the high end

price list is out . what are your thoughts guys ? TO me it is really on the high end
    What's the price like?

Default Ecopolitan Prices too high

Yes, the price is very high. Especially when you consider that the finish is cheap: Qing Jian is not putting in real hard wood floor but only laminate for the bedrooms, and the white floor tiles are so ordinary. The kitchen cabinets and wardrobes all look cheap.

I think QJ is trying to pass off the costs to buyers (maintaining a high profit margin) because they paid too much for the land. But that is really their problem. Just because recent land sales for ECs is strong doesn't necessarily mean that demand for ECs will stay strong. Developers are fighting to bid for EC sites because the private condo market is getting weaker, and they need to continue to work on developments, so that they can show increasing profitability to their shareholders.

Given the current downward price trend, MAS's new debt ratio (though that may not apply to ECs) etc., recent reports about weakness in the property market, lower cash over value in property resale market (which means upgraders may not be so prepared to fork out high prices), greater supply in the next few years, prices of residential properties are likely to drop. People should buy at prices they could afford and not overstretch financially, so they will not end up worrying about monthly payments, particularly when interest rate goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Veinman
    What's the price like?

Can go to website here to have a better idea of the prices -

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ho...l-3884724.html

Average about $800 psf !

Quote Originally Posted by suchard
    Yes, the price is very high. Especially when you consider that the finish is cheap: Qing Jian is not putting in real hard wood floor but only laminate for the bedrooms, and the white floor tiles are so ordinary. The kitchen cabinets and wardrobes all look cheap.

I think QJ is trying to pass off the costs to buyers (maintaining a high profit margin) because they paid too much for the land. But that is really their problem. Just because recent land sales for ECs is strong doesn't necessarily mean that demand for ECs will stay strong. Developers are fighting to bid for EC sites because the private condo market is getting weaker, and they need to continue to work on developments, so that they can show increasing profitability to their shareholders.

Given the current downward price trend, MAS's new debt ratio (though that may not apply to ECs) etc., recent reports about weakness in the property market, lower cash over value in property resale market (which means upgraders may not be so prepared to fork out high prices), greater supply in the next few years, prices of residential properties are likely to drop. People should buy at prices they could afford and not overstretch financially, so they will not end up worrying about monthly payments, particularly when interest rate goes up.
    Your HDB loan is not included in the the debt ratio calculation for purchases of ECs - this is because you have to sell your HDB flat within 6 mths of TOP of the EC.

How to afford?

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7
    How to afford?
    Will be interesting to see how many carrot heads book their unit tomorrow.

Ecopolitian land price is cheaper than Forestville but selling price is alot more than Forestville. Furnishing wise Ecopolitian really cannot make it. Cut cost all the way, no door for master bedroom wardrobe and utility room. I am most disappointed with their bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by civic3106
    Will be interesting to see how many carrot heads book their unit tomorrow.

Ecopolitian land price is cheaper than Forestville but selling price is alot more than Forestville. Furnishing wise Ecopolitian really cannot make it. Cut cost all the way, no door for master bedroom wardrobe and utility room. I am most disappointed with their bathroom.
    Wa... that bad with such high price.
    Good Day !!!

Close to 60% sold on day 1.

Yes the price is high! If dun buy now the future EC price would be more Ex!