Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S'pore housing heading for a downturn, says developer

Aiyah, talking about properties here. Don't blame the government when everyone here ( most posts ) are encouraging each other to jump into properties. Just be prepared to rent to your ownself when the oversupply hit the market.

If the government allow more skilled workers or Passes holders, everyone also KPKB.

World economy is not that good, and Singapore cannot escape from slow growth either.

Restructuring ( started I think about 2 yrs ago ) now coincide with slowing growth. Could now be necessary. Given local more chance to get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Fully agree, the gov is committing suicide policy to get themselves out of government in the next election.

Financial Investor Program – Who Can Apply?

This program is for very wealthy individuals and their families who may wish to relocate to Singapore. To qualify under the Program, the applicant must have minimum net personal assets worth at least SGD 20,000,000 (certified by a declaration made by a financial institution in the prescribed format). In addition, the applicant must either:

Maintain a minimum of SGD 10,000,000 (“Minimum Sum”) in financial assets in a designated account that will be booked and managed by a financial institution regulated by the MAS for a continuous period of five years

True about Johore,

I also see high inflation in Sydney and in London as well. Locals have problem saving enough for the first 10-20% to buy a property for self stay. Hence they have to rent instead.

Yes bank retrenchment becomes more obvious to me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    high inflation is the biggest killer for the average singaporeans...
    salary doesn't move (up) in line with inflation...

now I can imagine how the Johorians felt when sporeans went to BJ to spend and jacked up inflation there ...

bank retrenchment started since mid 2012 ....

Govt should slow down on land sales. If not, there will be another cycle of oversupply.

They are strict now for the program that not many can get through.

It is not money alone. I heard they turned down many applications.
    They have other criteria besides minimum sum from what I understand.

I can see Private banking business affected.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Financial Investor Program – Who Can Apply?

This program is for very wealthy individuals and their families who may wish to relocate to Singapore. To qualify under the Program, the applicant must have minimum net personal assets worth at least SGD 20,000,000 (certified by a declaration made by a financial institution in the prescribed format). In addition, the applicant must either:

Maintain a minimum of SGD 10,000,000 (“Minimum Sum”) in financial assets in a designated account that will be booked and managed by a financial institution regulated by the MAS for a continuous period of five years

Even there are land sales, mostly in Punggol, Sengkang, Upper Serangoon, Pasir Ris, Tampines. Not balance at all. West side so limited supply. Something is wrong with govt planning.

All I see they try to increase supply to bring the price down. To help first home buyers.
    Could it be the land in the West are mostly still committed to various industrial leases at the moment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragofly
    Even there are land sales, mostly in Punggol, Sengkang, Upper Serangoon, Pasir Rissampines. Not balance at all. West side so limited supply. Something is wrong with govt planning.

http://www.sgrealist.com/developers-...-robust-sales/

Developers' landbanks depleted by robust sales

Go ahead and buy if it is your first home and you need to have a roof over
    your head. As for investment, for rental purposes, do more own research.
    Knowing that Passes and Employment Passes are now being tightened.

Robust sales by developers are not necessary translated to profitable investment for investors.

The baby is no more in developers' hands. It is you who have to take care of the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    http://www.sgrealist.com/developers-...-robust-sales/

Developers' landbanks depleted by robust sales

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...-singapore-pro

Japanese developers stay positive on Singapore property

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/A.../Price-History

House price rises slow in Singapore

...you are listening to a developer who is pushing Thai Properties........so does castle wood has nay vested interest in Singapore in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Rlin
    Go ahead and buy if it is your first home and you need to have a roof over
    your head. As for investment, for rental purposes, do more own research.
    Knowing that Passes and Employment Passes are now being tightened.

Robust sales by developers are not necessary translated to profitable investment for investors.

The baby is no more in developers' hands. It is you who have to take care of the baby.
    I like your sober reminder. Its true that investment doesn't always has to be property. But I am really sucks at other form of investments. For my peace of mind and optimum happiness I still choose property over other investments. So far it never disappoints. Property is a faithful mistress. She pays for herself and give extra income without fail every month. She is not a jealous mistress, she doesn't require too much attention. As she got older she appreciate in value like a fine wine.

Most buyers r hibernating to save up to beat e loan restrictions n ABSD. A large portion of buyers r also investing overseas. Next year shd see return in interest in SG properties. Overall Asia properties r on e rise as western countries gradually recover n more westerners come over to seek their fortunes.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    I like your sober reminder. Its true that investment doesn't always has to be property. But I am really sucks at other form of investments. For my peace of mind and optimum happiness I still choose property over other investments. So far it never disappoints. Property is a faithful mistress. She pays for herself and give extra income without fail every month. She is not a jealous mistress, she doesn't require too much attention. As she got older she appreciate in value like a fine wine.
    Brudder, agree. My anchorage rented out for 17 years already. All mortgage paid by tenant. Today, loan amount only 300k but valued at 2 m. Hahahaha. Take a guess what was my downpayment? So u can guess how much was made with just less than 100k. I have been sharing this theory in my past post.

Of course, now with 40% downpayment, it's a different game. But candidly, I have gone into other instruments.... Not bad results. Honestly, if there is a crash and they remove ABSD, I will enter again. But I seriously doubt a crash will happen anytime soon. Too many on the sideline.

One more thing. Downpayment @ <100k. If sell now, profit will be 2,000k-300k-100k = 1,600k. Return of how many %? Power of leveraging.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Brudder, agree. My anchorage rented out for 17 years already. All mortgage paid by tenant. Today, loan amount only 300k but valued at 2 m. Hahahaha. Take a guess what was my downpayment? So u can guess how much was made with just less than 100k. I have been sharing this theory in my past post.

Of course, now with 40% downpayment, it's a different game. But candidly, I have gone into other instruments.... Not bad results. Honestly, if there is a crash and they remove ABSD, I will enter again. But I seriously doubt a crash will happen anytime soon. Too many on the sideline.
    bro it is because of people like you i have STRONG confidence in spore property mkt
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Must buy at the right price lor. Don't silly silly pay 1.8k psf for Bishan. That is my personal view but some might still find Bishan attractive.

Five more years of rental and i think the whole loan also will be paid up.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Five more years of rental and i think the whole loan also will be paid up.
    No lah... I take excess from loan to save and load up for investments or holiday. But u are rite. The rental can pay off the entire sum in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Must buy at the right price lor. Don't silly silly pay 1.8k psf for Bishan. That is my personal view but some might still find Bishan attractive.
    I cant help but single out this post.

This was what happened some years back when people say $1,500 for Martin Place Residences is waaaaay too much in a economic downtown. But many Q up to buy anyway. Now, if people can find a unit at $2,100 psf, they quickly grab.

One tip Office Boy can share with you. Buying properties - u will always feel that it is too much to pay. Thats normal.

When selling, it is also normal for you to feel that the selling price could be more!

DKSG

Brudder, of course if buy low, roi superb....

I also bot unit at peak leh. Bot in 1996 @ 1.38mil. Today about 1.8 mil conservatively. At lowest point in 2000+, units were going at 800k.

So those bot 800k, made 1 mil.
    Those like me bot 1.38mil, still ok lah.... This one I stayed until about 5 years ago I rented out. But if I had not to rent out, I am still ok... Except wouldn't have made more. But if I had not bot until today, I siong right - there are too many variables in life. So diff strokes for diff people

Hahaha... Now u all know I am also Sam88. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    bro it is because of people like you i have STRONG confidence in spore property mkt
    Bro, even if rental is 1/2 mortgage... You do the sums, u will find u still 1 up at the end of the loan tenure. And by the way, there is no way in hell that economy will be down all the way.... There will be ups and downs and if u even it out, it will be equilibrium.

Brudder, your hdb will help pay for your pc... We need to be thankful to our tenants....

One more thing to add.... I think bishan is beautiful leh... I also thank capitaland for pricing at that price... If not how can my clover by the park increase???? Hahahahaha

Bro, even if rental is 1/2 mortgage... You do the sums, u will find u still 1 up at the end of the loan tenure. And by the way, there is no way in hell that economy will be down all the way.... There will be ups and downs and if u even it out, it will be equilibrium.

Brudder, your hdb will help pay for your pc... We need to be thankful to our tenants....
    bro i got small head thats why i wear small hat i ONLY play 1 BIG(HDB) and 1 small(PC) i HATE indians but i LOVE them if they are/were my tenants
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Default Property Investing, how to pay off your mortgage in 8 to 10 years