Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm not buying a home in Iskandar

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Don't need to be too defensive bro...u can choose to bring your passport to visit your friends and families everyday, that doesn't make sense too...that's your choice. I'm not going to dispute that.

I prefer to go downstairs or nearby and have my kopi with my friends with a phone call anytime...

And by the way, even woodland go to JB passing thru the custom would take minimum 30 min when the traffic is fantastic....not to mentioned u need to choose the timing of the day if u know what I mean.
    wah twisting around using defensive insinuation...old tricks hahahaha......I do not need to visit my families everyday.... i do not need to drink kopi with friends everyday, I have a much fuller life plan lah.....JB is so much larger for one to explore......I can still do all my projects thru video conferencing with my client .....not gonna be a retiree who just waste the days away doing nothing but que up at bank and drink kopi with all the ah peks....

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    U have your views n i have mine.
    It would be better n tactful to state your own opinions n avoid using words like "your mentality" n being sarcastic in your remarks ..no point having personal attacks..
    Here friendly discussion is in the best interest for everyone here..
    ...sorry that you took it personally, how to survive on a forum if u so sensitive one....I do not believe in being tactful lah who cares whether u don't like what I said that u do not like....you say your pieces all over also, do not be so condescending and sounding so pure here......who are you kidding....

you sounds so childish.....ah peks....u will grow old one day. and from what u say either u are very selfish or u dont have many friends or not at all... i dont think i need to be sensitive here since u are not.

twisting what?? i dont need to do that, no need to even if u disagree. every one has their view and i dont need you to agree.

face it kid...

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    wah twisting around using defensive insinuation...old tricks hahahaha......I do not need to visit my families everyday.... i do not need to drink kopi with friends everyday, I have a much fuller life plan lah.....JB is so much larger for one to explore......I can still do all my projects thru video conferencing with my client .....not gonna be a retiree who just waste the days away doing nothing but que up at bank and drink kopi with all the ah peks....

you sounds so childish.....ah peks....u will grow old one day. and from what u say either u are very selfish or u dont have many friends or not at all... i dont think i need to be sensitive here since u are not.

twisting what?? i dont need to do that, no need to even if u disagree. every one has their view and i dont need you to agree.

face it kid...
    I definitely do not need to have friend around me all the time..too many lah....selfish? hahahha its ok u may think what you want.......haha its ok Ah Kong.....enjoy your kopi...
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

face it kid...
    be understanding towards him lah... precisely he could not afford to retire happily in singapore and hence have to venture into iskandar to seek his happiness. to be honest, things are expensive in sg and u need to be earning certain level of income to retire here happily. so lets be more understanding to the less fortunate brothers and sisters of singapore. let us enjoy our kopi in sg and let them enjoy their gardening in jb. everypne happy. as what people always say, if u cant afford it, pls go away.

...sorry that you took it personally, how to survive on a forum if u so sensitive one....I do not believe in being tactful lah who cares whether u don't like what I said that u do not like....you say your pieces all over also, do not be so condescending and sounding so pure here......who are you kidding....
    I am also sorry that u are being not so sensitive to others..
    That could be the reason u dont hv many friends or if u hv any at all ...

I am also sorry that u are being not so sensitive to others..
    That could be the reason u dont hv many friends or if u hv any at all ...

hahhahahhahahaha its ok.....yes I am so poor I don't think I could not afford to drink kopi and TCSS with the ah kong and ah ma .....
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

hahhahahhahahaha its ok.....yes I am so poor I don't think I could not afford to drink kopi and TCSS with the ah kong and ah ma .....
    its ok, we understand one. u take care when in JB living your dreams. enjoy while it last.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    its ok, we understand one. u take care when in JB living your dreams. enjoy while it last.
    Tks for your concern Uncle Lee, nothing last forever. I will be careful...go and put your money on J got fd court,MRT,...very convenient for retirees....but do look out for starngers holding a rock behind your back...and for heaven sake do not be too helpful with starngers asking for direction.....also avoid hangouts where the youngt and restless chill out with kitchen knife tucked in their back poskets....

Whether retire or semi retire or just a weekend home in JB.. actually is up to individual.. so no comment

As for me.. maybe by 10-yrs time I can have enough passive income to retire comfortably in JB. But if I continue to stay in S'pore.. maybe I'll have to continue to work for another 10-yrs or maybe need to work till my last day.. that I'm not sure when I can start retire comfortably over here

My 4x4 kakis from Msia all mostly are the retirees or semi-retirees in their 40s & 50s.. everyday chio me go drink kopi, play golf, etc.. But I know I can't cos I have to work & work & work, & weekend have to spend time with my family & sometimes relatives/frens in S'pore

But let's say one day if I really retire in JB.. then I'll have lots of time go drink kopi with my Msian 4x4 kakis over the weekdays (cos most of my S'pore relative & frens got work & work & work very tired )
    Then when come to PH & weekends.. I'll come back drink kopi with them.. cos I believe they are free over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Whether retire or semi retire or just a weekend home in JB.. actually is up to individual.. so no comment

As for me.. maybe by 10-yrs time I can have enough passive income to retire comfortably in JB. But if I continue to stay in S'pore.. maybe I'll have to continue to work for another 10-yrs or maybe need to work till my last day.. that I'm not sure when I can start retire comfortably over here

My 4x4 kakis from Msia all mostly are the retirees or semi-retirees in their 40s & 50s.. everyday chio me go drink kopi, play golf, etc.. But I know I can't cos I have to work & work & work, & weekend have to spend time with my family & sometimes relatives/frens in S'pore

But let's say one day if I really retire in JB.. then I'll have lots of time go drink kopi with my Msian 4x4 kakis over the weekdays (cos most of my S'pore relative & frens got work & work & work very tired )
    Then when come to PH & weekends.. I'll come back drink kopi with them.. cos I believe they are free over the weekend
    I'm seriously looking forward to everday driving around Malaysia to see waterfalls, swim in pristine beaches, eat fruits freshly plucked from the farms, eat local good food etc. But that one got to wait for full retirement. Singapore is super crowded, boring and expensive.

Tks for your concern Uncle Lee, nothing last forever. I will be careful...go and put your money on J got fd court,MRT,...very convenient for retirees....but do look out for starngers holding a rock behind your back...and for heaven sake do not be too helpful with starngers asking for direction.....also avoid hangouts where the youngt and restless chill out with kitchen knife tucked in their back poskets....
    I will note that, just that from statistics, i will still be safer in sg for the time being.

I will note that, just that from statistics, i will still be safer in sg for the time being.
    ....don' be too sure:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/young-man-s...160145498.html

Excerpt:.......Eyewitnesses also spoke of a separate incident earlier in the evening at the nearby *SCAPE, where a man wielding a knife was believed to be set upon by a group of other people.

He eventually walked off bleeding, but warned a shopkeeper who witnessed the incident not to call the police. It's not immediately clear if both incidents are related.

This is not the first time violence has occurred outside the mall, located along Grange Road in Somerset, part of Singapore's busy shopping district. A 23-year-old man had his head slammed into the ground after being attacked by a 22-year-old on the night of 28 December last year. The latter was on New Year's Eve charged in court.

...two beating incidents within hours....near each other....

Low Crime doesn't mean Low crime.......take care Uncle.

No problem, my old memory didnt say no crime, just that for every 1 crime in singapore, how many crimes are there in JB? anyway never mind, live one day at a time.
    ....don' be too sure:

Excerpt:.......Eyewitnesses also spoke of a separate incident earlier in the evening at the nearby *SCAPE, where a man wielding a knife was believed to be set upon by a group of other people.

He eventually walked off bleeding, but warned a shopkeeper who witnessed the incident not to call the police. It's not immediately clear if both incidents are related.

This is not the first time violence has occurred outside the mall, located along Grange Road in Somerset, part of Singapore's busy shopping district. A 23-year-old man had his head slammed into the ground after being attacked by a 22-year-old on the night of 28 December last year. The latter was on New Year's Eve charged in court.

No problem, my old memory didnt say no crime, just that for every 1 crime in singapore, how many crimes are there in JB? anyway never mind, live one day at a time.
    Uncle....got read properly or not....Low crime doesn't mean Low crime.....got see all the Crime Alert in your Safe and Friendly neighbourhood or not?...ya true live one day at a time...you never know when someone is gonna knock you with a piece of rock....

Don't talk like that lah bro...
    Why resort to all these kitchen knife tucked in back pockets?
    Wa, u play terror ah?
    We are not gangsters here, we are here just discussing about whether good to invest in johor bahru or not? Just friendly discussion...
    All of us here have our own views n opinions, nobody is right or wrong!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I wonder for every crime reported in Johor, how many go unreported? This is quite common because the locals always said by the time police arrive (if they even arrive), the culprits will no longer be around, and they will never be caught! In addition, Malaysia big, many crimes may not even be reported in newspapers, especially because too common right? Why report same type of incidents again and again everyday? Too boring! Who want to read such newspapers? To attract readers, must report big and fresh news, like those recently happened in Singapore!

Therefore, you comparison of how many crimes in Johor vs how many in Singapore as reported in newspapers is seriously flawed.

....don' be too sure:

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I wonder for every crime reported in Johor, how many go unreported? This is quite common because the locals always said by the time police arrive (if they even arrive), the culprits will no longer be around, and they will never be caught! In addition, Malaysia big, many crimes may not even be reported in newspapers, especially because too common right? Why report same type of incidents again and again everyday? Too boring! Who want to read such newspapers? To attract readers, must report big and fresh news, like those recently happened in Singapore!

Therefore, you comparison of how many crimes in Johor vs how many in Singapore as reported in newspapers is seriously flawed.
    ....have you also wondered why there are so many Crime alert signs all over singapore of late? Have you ever wondered also if every crime is reported in Singapore? Your conjecture is also seriously flawed as it applies to Singapore too. Even at Estuary Condo, it has been suggested on one of the thread that 5 theft has occured even before most of the residents moved in...and there are police alert sign also....hahaha I am not defensive as I am vested on both sides, otherwise I am just slapping myself, but as was suggested by someone ...too bad I am too poor to drink kopi with my friends in Singapore and need to move to JB when I get old.....perhaps I will drive to Desaru for the natural beaches instead of teh fake Sentosa beach, or to Malacca for the fried oyster or hop on the HSR to check out the Megamall in KL instead of Jam pack Jem or Orchard....or when I want seafood I go check out my haunts in kukup instead of Jumbo seafood.....anyway keling can merged in with the crowds with a smattering of bahasa.....I can literally retire on my rental from my properties in Sg....but think I will take on freelance projects from the creative industries that complenents the Theme parks in Johore....poor me.....no more routine 9-5 ....and no more CPF contribution.....instead I will have to draw my monthly as kopi lui to minum kopi in JB sarabat stall.....

and yes...who wants to read newspaper....no real news....only if u weant entertainment like reruns on the TV.....I don't believe in helping rookie ignoramus who writes School-essays-type articles newspaper sales....maybe I should start a thread:

I am not buying newspaper in Singapore
    Last edited by dare2; 18-06-13 at 07:08.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

Crime rate is definitely higher in JB, but I suppose people just take precautions and accept the higher risk level, in exchange for other things like lower cost of living, housing, slower pace of life and higher social mobility (generally for PRs).

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Crime rate is definitely higher in JB, but I suppose people just take precautions and accept the higher risk level, in exchange for other things like lower cost of living, housing, slower pace of life and higher social mobility (generally for PRs).
    i dont get this part about "higher social mobility (generally for PRs)".

Don't talk like that lah bro...
    Why resort to all these kitchen knife tucked in back pockets?
    Wa, u play terror ah?
    We are not gangsters here, we are here just discussing about whether good to invest in johor bahru or not? Just friendly discussion...
    All of us here have our own views n opinions, nobody is right or wrong!
    Please read carefully, no wonder u write nonsense with ur preconceived idea, not interested to play terror with u lah, stop putting twisted words in my mouth, ur the real terror here.
    Last edited by dare2; 18-06-13 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Msian PRs in Jb are obviously more respected by their fellow msian than in sg by the locals here,

....have you also wondered why there are so many Crime alert signs all over singapore of late? Have you ever wondered also if every crime is reported in Singapore? Your conjecture is also seriously flawed as it applies to Singapore too. Even at Estuary Condo, it has been suggested on one of the thread that 5 theft has occured even before most of the residents moved in...and there are police alert sign also....hahaha I am not defensive as I am vested on both sides, otherwise I am just slapping myself, but as was suggested by someone ...too bad I am too poor to drink kopi with my friends in Singapore and need to move to JB when I get old.....perhaps I will drive to Desaru for the natural beaches instead of teh fake Sentosa beach, or to Malacca for the fried oyster or hop on the HSR to check out the Megamall in KL instead of Jam pack Jem or Orchard....or when I want seafood I go check out my haunts in kukup instead of Jumbo seafood.....anyway keling can merged in with the crowds with a smattering of bahasa.....I can literally retire on my rental from my properties in Sg....but think I will take on freelance projects from the creative industries that complenents the Theme parks in Johore....poor me.....no more routine 9-5 ....and no more CPF contribution.....instead I will have to draw my monthly as kopi lui to minum kopi in JB sarabat stall.....

and yes...who wants to read newspaper....no real news....only if u weant entertainment like reruns on the TV.....I don't believe in helping rookie ignoramus who writes School-essays-type articles newspaper sales....maybe I should start a thread:

I am not buying newspaper in Singapore

How about further north, Ipoh hor fun and Penang Laksa?

Much easier to use excess cash for investments or other luxuries in life:
    (1) earn SGD and spend in MYR, and
    (2) buy HDB for rental (previously allowed for many decades)

A S$4k salary can buy a freehold landed house and a car in Johor. You will be struggling with HDB payment and on survival mode in Singapore.

A S$4k salary can buy a freehold landed house and a car in Johor. You will be struggling with HDB payment and on survival mode in Singapore.
    when you mention "higher social mobility (generally for PRs)", are you talking about Malaysian citizens who are Singapore PRs, or Singaporean citizens who are Malaysian PRs.

when you mention "higher social mobility (generally for PRs)", are you talking about Malaysian citizens who are Singapore PRs, or Singaporean citizens who are Malaysian PRs.
    Malaysian citizens who are Singapore PRs

Bro, can singaporeans who owned props in JB or anywhere in Msia be allowed to buy Msian registered car? Can guide me?

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy

How about further north, Ipoh hor fun and Penang Laksa?
    Ya gd idea, can do an overnight, poss bat 5 hr drive to Ipoh n 7 hr to pg for a short weekend get away, can also go to east coast, or head for cool Kota tinggi.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Bro, can singaporeans who owned props in JB or anywhere in Msia be allowed to buy Msian registered car? Can guide me?
    Go to spammy boy forum on living in msia http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...-in-klMalaysia

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Not sure about that

My fren who had obtained his MM2H recently.. told me that he just bought a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser at about RM300k.. & will be joining our 4x4 team from S'pore & Msia for a 45-days off-road driving tour up-north to China & Butan towards end of this year
    http://www.toyota.com/landcruiser/#!/Welcome